Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    No offence but why care if you're called racist online? It returns to the "just ignore" those that make silly claims.
    Trust me I don't lose sleep over it, but it is irksome to be unfairly slandered. This is the debating tactic of the left, if you can't win an argument or if the discussion isn't going the way you want just call your opponent the most disgusting thing you can think of to either shut them up or shame them to your point of view.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Trust me I don't lose sleep over it, but it is irksome to be unfairly slandered. This is the debating tactic of the left, if you can't win an argument or if the discussion isn't going the way you want just call your opponent the most disgusting thing you can think of to either shut them up or shame them to your point of view.
    To be fair it's a tactic used by both extreme left and right

To be fair it's a tactic used by both extreme left and right
    Yep I'll concede that, I just see it more from the left I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post

ralph's awesome, and he makes clear points after seeing the film, he doesn't sugar coat things, but does throw in some humor when needed.

The movie is average, kinda boring in places, the main lead isn't anyone exciting, the villian was okay, the special effects range from decent to utter crap. The plot is formulaic and predictable, and takes no chances.
    So this movie get's the "Wonder Women treatment" in the press: everything is great because minorities and social issues?

I hope it's at least a fun popcorn movie, because that's all I want from it. I watch movies to be entertained, not because they highlight social/political issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    So this movie get's the "Wonder Women treatment" in the press: everything is great because minorities and social issues?

I hope it's at least a fun popcorn movie, because that's all I want from it. I watch movies to be entertained, not because they highlight social/political issues.
    I highly recommend this movie. Most of the SJW stuff is contained in the antagonist, but to the movie's credit the villain is very well done.

It's definitely one of my top 5 marvel movies, and if you just want a fun movie it more than delivers on that front.

Black Panther is not alt-right and he's not alt-left, he's centrist and stoic. He's a character everyone can be proud of and relate to.

In short, yes the hype is real.

The story was... mostly BS, but I really liked the costumes and characters.

SPOILERS:

The whole... the wealthiest, most technologically advanced country in Africa (and the world) should care what happens to totally unrelated black Americans... just cause they are also black? WHAT?

Why would you throw away your utopia just to help random unrelated people.

Also: bastard son of a traitor coming back to claim the throne who wasn't even born in the country? WTF?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    SPOILERS:

Also: bastard son of a traitor coming back to claim the throne who wasn't even born in the country? WTF?
    Doesn't matter where he was born, just his lineage. Plus, T'Challa presumably could have rejected that challenge (unlike the Gorilla tribe challenge earlier), but was suffering from a bad case of overconfidence and allowed it.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

As an African living in a 3rd world African country, I'd like to say this movie about as overhyped as No man Sky was for gaming.

It's just a bunch of Africans trying to make out they something they are not. Civilised.

infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2018-02-19 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sk3tz0 View Post
    As an African living in a 3rd world African country, I'd like to say this movie about as overhyped as No man Sky was for gaming.

It's just a bunch of Africans trying to make out they something they are not. Civilised.
    May I ask what country you live in?

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    As I've said multiple times already, the quality of the movie is irrelevant. I'm not in any way, shape or form criticising the movie as I haven't even seen it. My gripe or complaint is the way Disney and the left played the race card to promote this film.
    You specifically said that they "used race" to avoid negative reviews, but the real reason the movie got overwhelmingly positive reviews is that it's a good movie and audiences and critics liked it.

So, no.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    He just said. Africa.

:P

- - - Updated - - -

Why would you throw away your utopia just to help random unrelated people.
    Think carefully about what you're implying here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post

Really is the best way to view them when you get right down to it.

Peace

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    He just said. Africa.

:P.
    Africa is a continent not a country :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Black Panther is officially one of the MCU biggest openers. Expect more Black Panther in the future!!!

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Africa is a continent not a country :P
    That's the joke alright.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Black Panther is officially one of the MCU biggest openers. Expect more Black Panther in the future!!!
    And more tears from the not-racists over how hard done by they are because a movie with a mostly black cast is commercially successful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Fullofshititstan

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Think carefully about what you're implying here.
    Don't really understand what YOU are implying.
    I stand by common sense.

Don't really understand what YOU are implying.
    I stand by common sense.
    You literally just said it's unthinkable to you that anyone would want to help anyone they aren't related to.

That's a step beyond tribalism.

You literally just said it's unthinkable to you that anyone would want to help anyone they aren't related to.

That's a step beyond tribalism.
    That's not what I said. I said ruining the utopia for you and your people, just to help people who are unrelated.

Helping people is of course, admirable. Not if you risk the well being of the people in your own country.

That's not what I said. I said ruining the utopia for you and your people, just to help people who are unrelated.
    Exactly my point.

Helping people is of course, admirable. Not if you risk the well being of the people in your own country.
    The point of the movie is that it's impossible to close yourself off and pretend the rest of the world doesn't exist. Since you will inevitably have to deal with foreigners somehow, it's better to embrace it and have that interaction be on your terms, rather than being forcibly opened up and overrun.