10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Josh Rosen's impromptu career start ends with a few bad play calls by his coaches and a INT.
    Would've much rather seen that than watch the Cowboys continue to flounder.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Would've much rather seen that than watch the Cowboys continue to flounder.
    Game is not over. Rosen just threw a pick 6, wiped away by an offsides. WHo knows what else bad will happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I did get to see him get blitzed and sacked on a Hail Mary.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Well...

At least I'm a Chiefs fan?

10+ Year Old Account
    Rosen nearly ended the game by ill-advizedly staying inbounds and trying to juke a defender. IT worked though, so he got a first down and 5 sec to do something.

Those 5 seconds are spent back pedalling from the Bears ferocious pass rush and getting sacked. Game over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rosen nearly ended the game by ill-advizedly staying inbounds and trying to juke a defender. IT worked though, so he got a first down and 5 sec to do something.

Those 5 seconds are spent back pedalling from the Bears ferocious pass rush and getting sacked. Game over.
    I don't think I've ever seen a defense show such disdain for a Hail Mary attempt, nobody lined up more than 15 yards away, and they blitzed. Not much respect for Rosen there.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, my first actual Sunday Night football. Staying up to watch this one in full. Hope it's a good one.

Patriots have 3 starters on defense out and so the Lions will likely throw it all game long, so this likely turns into a huge shootout. We'll see.

(and usually when you expect that it turns into this massive defensive slog xD )

Maybe Arizona is the worst team in the league? IDK, I have high hopes for Rosen, I guess I'm gonna watch the tape on that one. I saw the INT (that did count) and he was hit almost instantly as he threw it.

I wonder if he'll start now after 3 straight bad starts for Bradford. If so it'll be all 4 of the QBs taken in the top 10 starting, and a new dawn in the NFL starting with Wentz, Goff, Maholmes, Trubisky, Watson, and these 4 new guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bradford is just a money pit, to use a baseball stat, he's a replacement level QB, he should be a backup you expect to be barely competent if he comes in, but he keeps getting starting jobs. If you want your team's ceiling to be 7 wins, he's your guy.

I figured Rosen was likely to get the start either against the Seahawks or 49ers. The 49ers would be the closest thing to a soft landing in the NFC West, but it will be hard to go back to Bradford after already making a move today.

- - - Updated - - -

We're facing the worst run defense in the league, pass/pass/pass/punt.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Maybe Arizona is the worst team in the league? IDK, I have high hopes for Rosen, I guess I'm gonna watch the tape on that one. I saw the INT (that did count) and he was hit almost instantly as he threw it.

I wonder if he'll start now after 3 straight bad starts for Bradford. If so it'll be all 4 of the QBs taken in the top 10 starting, and a new dawn in the NFL starting with Wentz, Goff, Maholmes, Trubisky, Watson, and these 4 new guys.
    All the young QBs with talent have me more excited to watch the NFL than I have in a long time. Except for Trubisky, he looks horrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Down 10 early. Need a drive here. C'mon Patriots.

- - - Updated - - -

Sheesh, this is pathetic so far. Worst run defense in the league and we can't even get 1 yard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saladbar View Post
    All the young QBs with talent have me more excited to watch the NFL than I have in a long time. Except for Trubisky, he looks horrible.
    sophomore slump

- - - Updated - - -

lol that stafford graphic "10 years in the league 60-67 record, most starts by a player with a losing record for one team"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

NE's defense looks baaaaaaaaaaad.

Let's not forget Mariota, who's going through like a 3 year sophomore slump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drew Brees set the league record for completions today, and its hard to imagine any of the recent younger guys challenging his records down the road. Success has been so short lived, Luck is just barely clawing his way back, Mariota is always hurt, Winston is a suspended scumbag, Rodgers is having trouble staying healthy, Carr is being badcoached to death, etc.. Mahomes looks good so far, but who knows how his career will go this early. Stafford has a bunch of numbers, but how sustainable is all this losing?
    /s

Sheesh, this is pathetic so far. Worst run defense in the league and we can't even get 1 yard.
    Which is why I put a near-zero stake in statistics at this point in the season.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Patriots have no speed on the outside, Lions can run around them all night.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Patriots linebackers are getting beat to the edge consistently. And have been since last season. This is going to be a looooong season.

LOL, Prater sniffing those smelling salts on the field before the kick. Don't think I've ever seen anyone use them on the field of play.

10+ Year Old Account
    3rd and inches, I don't see the green zone...

- - - Updated - - -

Michel is not impressing me. Haven't really seen him break a tackle or make anybody miss.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Michel is not impressing me. Haven't really seen him break a tackle or make anybody miss.
    Not that he's done much to impress me either (he had a nice run last week that showed his potential) but he's been let down by bad blocking and telegraphed playcalling too.

That last one before the FG was just SO predictable and the Patriots and Brady should have known that Patricia drilled his team on that sequence coming when the Patriots were in short yardage situation. When Brady directed them to the line quickly I was already groaning, cause I knew it would go nowhere.