10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if the Falcons can pull it off and make it a 45-10 prime time trifecta of shit games.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I wonder if the Falcons can pull it off and make it a 45-10 prime time trifecta of shit games.
    I hope you're ready for the shittiest of shit prime time games next week, when the Bills host the Patriots. I'll be at The Ralph probably doing just that, ralphing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I hope you're ready for the shittiest of shit prime time games next week, when the Bills host the Patriots. I'll be at The Ralph probably doing just that, ralphing.
    I can't watch MNF unless its one of my teams.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I can't watch MNF unless its one of my teams.
    That *is* one of my teams, and I'll be in the stands at the stadium, and I may not even watch it.

Gratz to Drew Brees on beating all 32 NFL Teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    The NFL schedule is awful now.

20 years ago, you basically played every Sunday except for your bye week and 1 MNF football game.

Here's the Giants' schedule over a 4 week period:

Last week: Thursday night game
    This week: Monday night
    Next week: A normal Sunday game, Hallelujah!
    Following week: Bye
    Then: Monday night

- - - Updated - - -

That's why the whole "move the extra point back to the 15 yard line" thing was so stupid. The net result is that some games are going to get randomly decided by missed extra points. Oh, and fakes no longer exist.

- - - Updated - - -

On the bright side, all the moaning about Brady's WRs seems like a distant memory... Josh Gordon looks like the real thing, Edelman is back, you're fine.

It's amazing how the Pats keep chugging. Last offseason they lost their longtime left tackle, their leading rusher, and their top 2 wide receivers, along with their best cornerback. And they're sitting there at 5-2. The just found another guy to fill all those spots and it's fine.
    At the same time, though, moving it back has turned it from what was largely an automatic point that was seemingly pointless to even bother doing because it was such a sure thing, to something that is easily missed and has been the deciding factor in numerous games this season.

If it's close enough that the kicker rarely misses/is blocked, then why bother even kicking it? At least this way it becomes more of a choice, especially with the struggles kickers have been having league-wide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    That *is* one of my teams, and I'll be in the stands at the stadium, and I may not even watch it.
    I know, we had this discussion last week.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit this run. Move over Dallas, KC is my new best friend.

Why is CBS airing an all-NFC game?

Dan Bailey and Justin Tucker's misses both looked like they were heavily affected by the wind.

It's weird to me that, even though he got drafted first, Michel has been the better Georgia running back so far. Also, that 4th and 1 pass to Gordon. In every other situation, that's a Tom Brady sneak.

Bears were one yard from tying with the Pats. I think they're better than a 3-3 team. Trubisky has a way to go, but they've quietly built a solid team. Between that and the Lions finally maybe having a run game, the NFC North might be the best in the league.

I don't know what to think about the fact that the Redskins currently lead the NFC East. Except, at least it's not the Giants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    It's amazing how the Pats keep chugging. Last offseason they lost

their longtime left tackle,
    Who was a well coached player, but physically never more than average. We replaced him with a slightly more impressive physical player who hadn't had the coaching. It's left us largely at an equilibrium at the position.
    their leading rusher,
    And replaced him with a touted prospect first round pick.
    and their top 2 wide receivers,
    Amendola was our no. 3 and I'm guessing you mean Edelman to suspension? Either way we got Gordon in to replace Amendola, but not before losing 2 games and going through a laundry list of recievers first. This could have been a real problem if not for chance.
    along with their best cornerback.
    Gilmore was and is our best CB. There's a reason Butler was benched for the Superbowl and is now one of the worst CB's in football. He seems to have lost his mojo.

And they're sitting there at 5-2. The just found another guy to fill all those spots and it's fine.
    Yeah, except now we're likely without Michel for a long time/the rest of the season and we'll have to see if we can replace on the fly again. Injury wise this has not been a good season, especially for the rookies.

- - - Updated - - -

Welp, bullet dodged:

""Sources: #Patriots RB Sony Michel’s knee injury is not considered serious following his MRI. His timetable isn’t clear, but this is pretty good news for their impressive rookie runner. He still could miss time, but if he does, it may not be much."

If we can at least have him back for the Packers game, that would be splendid. I suspect that this Monday against Buffalo might be a tad quick, especially since it's an away game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently Jerry skipped his usual briefing with a radio station that he always goes on.

inc firing of Garret! Or at least, Jerry is pissed.

Amari Cooper is reportedly being traded to the Cowboys:

https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/s...48871236136960

10+ Year Old Account
    Cowboys have apparently traded for Amari Cooper.

Supposedly it was for a 1st round pick too. Makes me wonder what kind of offers Denver is getting for Thomas now.

If Dallas gave a 1st round pick for Amari Cooper, that's fucking hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm willing to give Cooper a shot (partial bias from watching him in college), but no way in fuck is he worth a first rounder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck Dallas. Fuck our ownership, and I hope the Raiders keep regressing until the end of time

Raiders stockpiling first rounders. They have 3 1st round picks in 2019 now! Maybe they'll trade Carr to Jacksonville next since they kind of need a QB.

So far Gruden is doing a great job of racing the Cardinals, 49ers, and Giants for that #1 pick that will inevitably be Bosa or Herbert.
    Last edited by Fritters154; 2018-10-22 at 07:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Give a 1st for an inconsistent WR, but couldn't cough up more than a 2nd for one of the best safeties in the league.

:thonking:

10+ Year Old Account
    The Raiders won a trade, it's a miracle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Give a 1st for an inconsistent WR, but couldn't cough up more than a 2nd for one of the best safeties in the league.

:thonking:
    Not only that, but not going for Josh Gordon for even less. Or just...I don't know, not dumping Dez. Not the ideal situation, but better than giving away a first.