10+ Year Old Account
    Donte Moncrief to the Jags https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...62902770118656

Possibly Taylor Gabriel to the Bears. Also heard they got Tre Burton too, so looks like they're getting some pieces for Tru-Tits-ky to prove himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    Ahh I didn't see that. Seeing as the Jets signed McCown though, I cant see them spending more on another QB
    I wouldn't, but the Jets are crazy, there's a source that even claims free agency moves wouldn't prevent them from drafting a QB. Hard to imagine a team paying out 3 big QB contracts simultaneously, but it has happened, briefly... The Eagles did the same kind of thing when they signed Bradford and Chase Daniel, then drafted Wentz. Then they traded Bradford, eating a bunch of guaranteed money in the process, and the next year they signed Foles despite owing a bunch of guaranteed money to Daniel, it was all crazy and it all worked perfectly...

- - - Updated - - -

Adrian Peterson officially released.

- - - Updated - - -

Rams re-sign Robey-Coleman, well staffed in the secondary.

- - - Updated - - -

Titans signing Malcolm Butler 5 years $60+ million with $30+ million guaranteed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Haven't heard much news about RFA tenders yet, should be soon. Saints have some important guys as RFA, Delvin Breaux in particular.
    tendered Snead low, didn't tender Breaux at all

10+ Year Old Account
    This off season is lit, cant keep up!

- - - Updated - - -

Gabriel, AR15 bears WR starting to look real good. If tity kisser is worth his moneu they might be real competitive this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Malcolm Butler seeing no ill effect from being benched for the Superbowl. That's at least good. And with Vrabel in Tennessee he'll get a shot to be THE guy and ball out. Good for him too.

Shame our Superbowl Hero had to end up going elsewhere, but he would have just not gotten the money he wants in NE. It is what it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Shame our Superbowl Hero had to end up going elsewhere, but he would have just not gotten the money he wants in NE. It is what it is.
    The decision was made a year ago when they signed Gilmore.

- - - Updated - - -

Jets talking to Trumaine Johnson.

10+ Year Old Account
    The decision was made a year ago when they signed Gilmore.
    Yeah, but from before that. They tried to sign Butler to a deal and couldn;t get it done. It depends on who you ask but the consensus seems to be that Butler had a shitty semi-pro agent that didn;t do his job of managing expectations for Butler, didn;t explain how things were going to work OR that Butler just flat out had too high expectations of what kind of money he was going to get in his deal from NE. You could say Butler was vindicated in his opinions of what he was worth, cause the Titans definitely backed up that Brinks truck for him.

Anyway, when they couldn;t get a Butler deal done during the season they turned their attention elsewhere, which lead to Gilmore signing with us. But had the deal with Butler been worked out we obviously wouldn't have signed Gilmore after that. But it didn't, so here we are, with our Superbowl hero in Nashville.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stewart is going to the Giants. Trumaine Johnson has a contract with the Jets for $15M/yr, not sure how long the contract is for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe the Strong View Post
    Stewart is going to the Giants.
    That's the first RB domino to fall if he has agreed with them. Plenty more on the market to follow, including Dion Lewis, who I would love to see back on the Patriots, but who (like Butler) needs to maximize his opportunity since it;s likely the only chance at free agency they will get.

Also still waiting on Solder news. With how many deals have gone out already and how badly some teams need a LT, it's pretty surprising that there's basically been no news about what's up with his situation.

I'm beginning to suspect that Solder doesn;t actually want to leave NE, and just wants the best possible offers so he can negotiate with the Patriots better. For those who do not know, Solder has a young son who has cancer and has been fighting that cancer for like 2 or 3 years now. There's not much details out there about it, but we do know that it;s really hard on Solder and that when players typically have their day off, that he shcedules his sons chemo sessions and sits in the hospital. Leaving the top notch medical care in NE behind, leaving his support network behind, having to uproot his family with his son's situation going on, is really really big step to take and I personally can totally imagine just wanting to stay in a familiar situation in NE, but still getting paid the money you would get elsewhere.

Hopefully they work it out, cause the guy deserves it.

Just because I was curious...

Aaron Rodgers signed a contract in 2013 worth ~22 million/year, which was the highest at the time I believe. The team cap has increased 44% since then (123 -> 177), meaning an equivalent relative salary today would be ~31.5 million/year. Probably not that simple of a comparison, but still found this interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saladbar View Post
    Just because I was curious...

Aaron Rodgers signed a contract in 2013 worth ~22 million/year, which was the highest at the time I believe. The team cap has increased 44% since then (123 -> 177), meaning an equivalent relative salary today would be ~31.5 million/year. Probably not that simple of a comparison, but still found this interesting.
    Rodgers should be all accounts take Cousins example and demand a fully guaranteed contract. You can argue over the amount, cause with a full guarantee, the amount should probably be lower a tiny bit, but fully guaranteed and more than Cousins is a good aiming point.

- - - Updated - - -

Mo Wilkerson signing with the Packers.

Rodgers should be all accounts take Cousins example and demand a fully guaranteed contract. You can argue over the amount, cause with a full guarantee, the amount should probably be lower a tiny bit, but fully guaranteed and more than Cousins is a good aiming point.
    Agreed. Apparently Jets and Cardinals offered Cousins 30 million/year AAV, but not all guaranteed.

Deleted
    It's probably semi-safe to assume, Cousins could have made at least a bit more with the Jets than he does in Minnesota. Similar applies to Rodgers: make 185 million over your career and have two rings or make 195 million and have one? Second ring might add enough extra marketing appeal to catch up on the gap making less form your team. Aaargh, life seems surprisingly complicated being a multimillionaire throwing a pigskin to other - clearly lesser - millionaires.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cardinals are apparently interested in Glennon once he gets released. They definitely seem to have a "type" when it comes to QBs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dion Lewis apparently signing a 4 year deal in Tennessee. Damn Titans, why you got to do us like this?

- - - Updated - - -

Jets are signing Titans LB Avery Williamson. That sucks cause I kinda wondered if the Patriots might kick the tires on that guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    well seems official now. Teddy IS signing a 1 year deal with the Jets

10+ Year Old Account
    Jets are signing Titans LB Avery Williamson. That sucks cause I kinda wondered if the Patriots might kick the tires on that guy.
    Had hoped the Rams would be in on him as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had hoped the Rams would be in on him as well.
    Hmmm, so maybe he had a bigger market then I realized he would have. Ah well, maybe we bring back Marquis Flowers and/or Draft a guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm, so maybe he had a bigger market then I realized he would have. Ah well, maybe we bring back Marquis Flowers and/or Draft a guy.
    The Rams are transitioning to 3-4 personnel a year late, maybe they want one of the guys still out there that are more of a run stuffer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dion Lewis apparently signing a 4 year deal in Tennessee. Damn Titans, why you got to do us like this?

- - - Updated - - -

Damn. Lewis leaving makes me pretty sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Damn. Lewis leaving makes me pretty sad
    He was so much fun. Seriously, if that '15 team had been healthier, Patriots would have won 3 Superbowls in a row. No question about it. With Lewis storming onto the scene that year added to our other weapons on offense + developing defense, we would have been ridiculous.

But alas. I'm glad Dion gets his money though, and a 1-2 punch of Lewis wearing the defense out with his shiftyness and then Derrick Henry running over a tired defense, that could be VERY potent in Tennessee.

I hope he does well (but not against the Patriots).