10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    and Walt Coleman never officiated a Raiders game in the 17 seasons since it occurred.
    And never will, cause he retired after this season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    And never will, cause he retired after this season.
    I know, the conspiracy theorists had a field day with Brady coming up to him immediately after his last game.

AFC Championship Game notes:

1. The Patriots (10 wins), Broncos (8 wins), and Steelers (7 wins) have combined to win 25 of 52 AFC Championship games or 48% of all AFC championship games ever played.
    2. The trio have won the last 5, 7 of the last 8, and 8 of the last 10.
    3. The only 2 times in the last 10 years that one of those three did not win the AFC title were the Colts in 2009 and Ravens in 2012.
    4. Counting THIS year, at least one of those 3 have appeared in the AFC title game in 16 of the 18 games played in the 21st century. The only 2 games where all 3 were absent were in 2009 when the Colts beat the Jets and 2002 when the Raiders beat the Titans.
    5. The Patriots in the 21st century are a perfect 16-0 in playoff games when they win the turnover battle. The Chiefs are 1-2.
    6. When the 21st century Patriots collect at least 2 turnovers in a playoff game, they are 17-1. The only loss was to the Ravens in 2009 when the Patriots turned it over 4 times.
    7. The Patriots are 1-4 in their last 5 playoff games when both teams have an equal number of turnovers.
    8. The Chiefs are 1-5 in their last 6 playoff games when they do not win the turnover battle.
    9. The 2018 Patriots EXCEL at taking care of the football. Tom Brady only has 11 interceptions. They have only fumbled 11 times as a team. Tom Brady leads with just 4. Rex Burkhead has fumbled twice in 57 carries. Sony Michel has fumbled 1x in 216 touches. James White has never fumbled in 181 touches.
    10. The 2018 Patriots went 4-3 when they did NOT win the turnover battle. They were 8-2 when they won the turnover battle.
    11. The 2018 Chiefs went 6-3 when they did NOT win the turnover battle. They were 7-1 when they won the turnover battle.
    12. A lot has been made of Andy Reid scripting the first drive of the game and how that's been super effective. When the Chiefs score a TD on their 1st drive, they are 9-1. When they don't, they are 4-3.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Chiefs vs Saints in the super bowl in two weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    Chiefs vs Saints in the super bowl in two weeks.
    Here's hoping.
    /s

I see the AFC title game going 1 of 2 ways.

1. The Chiefs turn it over 2-3 times because the Patriots get pressure on Mahomes leading to errant throws and interceptions. Mahomes might lose a fumble. Patriots win.
    2. Chiefs take care of the football and win.

I don't see the Chiefs being able to stop the Patriots from scoring so it really comes down to the Chiefs being able to keep putting up points.

Remember, in the first meeting, the Chiefs got super lucky in that they recovered a Tom Brady fumble at the Patriots 29 and punched it in for a TD, they ran back a kickoff 97 yards and got a TD, and threw a 75 yard TD pass.....and STILL lost. Just imagine if the breaks are more even! I pick the Patriots to win.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2019-01-20 at 03:05 PM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I see the AFC title game going 1 of 2 ways.

1. The Chiefs turn it over 2-3 times because the Patriots get pressure on Mahomes leading to errant throws and interceptions. Mahomes might lose a fumble. Patriots win.
    2. Chiefs take care of the football and win.

I don't see the Chiefs being able to stop the Patriots from scoring so it really comes down to the Chiefs being able to keep putting up points.

Remember, in the first meeting, the Chiefs got super lucky in that they recovered a Tom Brady fumble at the Patriots 29 and punched it in for a TD, they ran back a kickoff 97 yards and got a TD, and threw a 75 yard TD pass.....and STILL lost. Just imagine if the breaks are more even! I pick the Patriots to win.
    Chiefs defense has been playing better and chiefs are at home.. Chiefs win but it will be a close game.

Alright 4 hours until the first game.

- - - Updated - - -

Guys I want the fucking Chiefs to win.

I love how the Patriots are taking the prevailing attitude of "Damn it please don't let the Patriots win," as an actual prevailing belief the general public has thinking they won't win, and using that to claim underdog status. This game is the first time in like a decade they haven't been favored to win a game, and the line is 3.5 points, which is basically the advantage you get for having home field for the Chiefs.

I'd like to see Brady vs Brees in the Superbowl

15+ Year Old Account
    I’m leaving to head north to go sit in the cold and watch the Chiefs game here in about an hour. Trying to decide how many clothes I need to wear. Im glad it’s not nearly as cold as what they were predicting at the beginning of this week.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let's see....

Gimme Saints over Rams and Chiefs over Patriots.

I went over a lot of reasons to be worried about the Patriots despite their shellacking of the Chargers a few pages back, but here's one more for both these games. You have to go back 5 years to find the last time a home team lost a Conference Championship game. That was the year the 49ers and Ravens both won on the road.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I am picking RAMS over Saints. Aqib Talib cornerback will have a big game like last week for the Rams .

I am also picking PATRIOTS over Chiefs in a close one. Last week the Patriots looked like a team that was focused for the finals . It was the best game I had seen them play all year & they had virtually won the game against the Chargers by half time. I also think the Pats are better defensively. And Brady's experience in BIG games.

Last week I got 0 picks out of 4 correct.. Bad.. So do not worry if you like the Saints or Chiefs.

I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here we go
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    So seeing this game reminds me to ask, when are the Rams allowed to change their uniforms again? Because I for one do not want this hodge-podge of Blue/Yellow, Tan/White, and White/Blue in the Super Bowl ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    So seeing this game reminds me to ask, when are the Rams allowed to change their uniforms again? Because I for one do not want this hodge-podge of Blue/Yellow, Tan/White, and White/Blue in the Super Bowl ever.
    They've gone to their throwbacks as much as possible, likely time for change would be 2020 with the new stadium.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Red Moon tonight means the spirit of Derrick Thomas is watching game for the Chiefs. Idk, omen for the Patriots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    IDK, the moon is going to be fully eclipsed tonight. Could also be an omen...
    Maybe for the Timberwolves.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was SO close to a TD for the Saints. That's going to smart if it stays a close game.