10+ Year Old Account
    Pre-season schedule is out: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...edium=referral

Patriots 2018 preseason schedule includes a Super Bowl LII rematch:

Week 1: Redskins (home)
    Week 2: Eagles (home)
    Week 3: Panthers (away)
    Week 4: Giants (away)

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't listen to all the sensationalized bullshit about Reid's visit.

The bengals beat writer and local reporters in Cincy made it clear that any offer to Reid, if any, won't be made until after the draft.

The bengals have been very aggressive in FA by their standards and are 10mill over budget. This is before taking into account extensions they want done for Atkins and Dunlap.

And here's the real irony of it all. Since an offer to Reid wasn't going to be considered until after the draft, Reid's supporters probably did more to jeopardize Reid's chances than anything.

Real fucking shame too. I wanted him, but it's whatever

10+ Year Old Account
    Bears don't match the offer on Meredith, he's now a Saint yay.

Wonder if they rescind the offer to Snead or roll with everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    McCarron has started like, 4 games as Dalton's backup, including one playoff game, which he should have won but the Cincy D fucked it up. He also won 2 National Championships at Alabama before that. And like dray said, we got the first pick of the 3rd round for Tyrod, #65, which is great. It's probably gonna be part of the package we use to trade up to draft that franchise QB, so in a way, Tyrod is helping the Bills get better by going to Cleveland.

We've had season tickets since '88. Celebrating 30 years this year. I mean, they were obviously my dad's tickets then, now they're mine.

Ritchie Incognito abruptly announced he was retiring today. Claimed it was for medical reasons, that he saw a doctor and the doctor said his "liver and kidneys were shutting down."

Hope the dude is okay, but we now have a gaping hole on the left side of the line. We traded Cordy Glenn at LT, and now LG is open too.
    Yep I remember his Alabama days, he certainly played well there. Honestly I should follow the league more closely but these days it's hard enough to find time to stay on top of the Bills' roster situation much less backups for other teams, which leaves me in the dark when trades go through! Sad about Incognito; I wonder if it was his health that finally did this or something else. Wish he'd come back for a final season, although with McCarron at QB while the new draftee (hopefully we get a franchise QB) learns the ropes, might be a rough season anyway. It would've been nice to beat the Jags in the playoffs last year. Fuck Doug Marone.

I'm jelly of your season tickets. I'm gonna try to make it to a game this year myself. I'll have to look at the schedule and find a winnable game to attend!

10+ Year Old Account
    Preseason schedule? So I can get ready to be hyped about watching my favorite backup quarterback?

10+ Year Old Account
    Jarvis Landry got extended by the Browns:

"Jarvis Landry’s $47M in guarantees from #Browns is significant. Mike Evans got $55M, DeAndre Hopkins got $49M on 5-year extensions. Landry’s new deal puts him right there with Julio at $47M. Then comes Dez Bryant at $45M and Demaryius Thomas at $43.5M in 2015. … Big commitment" - Rapoport

Whoever the Browns draft to play QB in the future, he'll at least have some talent at WR to throw to. Landry, Josh Gordon and first round pick Corey Coleman and added Jeff Janis this off season. Something to work with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reuben Foster has been charged with 3 felonies in connection with his earlier arrest for domestic violence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really disappointed in the Seahawks today.

Seahawks postpone visit after Colin Kaepernick won't say if he'll stop kneeling.

Totally a "football decision". Admittedly I'm just a casual fan, but Kaepernick must somehow rate higher than a TJack or whomever is backing up Russell Wilson.
    Kaep seems like he would be tolerated quite well by the local fans. I mean the law of averages mean at some time Wilson will be incapacitated. Even if Tom Cable is 8 months removed from the building.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Really disappointed in the Seahawks today.

Seahawks postpone visit after Colin Kaepernick won't say if he'll stop kneeling.

Totally a "football decision". Admittedly I'm just a casual fan, but Kaepernick must somehow rate higher than a TJack or whomever is backing up Russell Wilson.
    Kaep seems like he would be tolerated quite well by the local fans. I mean the law of averages mean at some time Wilson will be incapacitated. Even if Tom Cable is 8 months removed from the building.

[IMG]https://espnfivethirtyeight.files.wordpress.com/2017/09/paineentenajr-nflpol-1.png?w=575&h=602&quality=90&strip=info[IMG]
    This is a bullshit story. It had nothing to do with Kaepernick not wanting to say if he'll stop kneeling and everything to do with Kaep not having a plan for any of it when he returns to football. The Seahawks just want to know what his plan is if they sign him and he didn;t have any.

Given the uproar there's been, I can imagine that a team wants to know what someone's plans are to deal with the situation. They haven;t shot him down, they're just tabling their discussions with him until Kaep has formulated a plan on how he is going to handle the media and his actions going forward if signed. That seems more than reasonable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    This is a bullshit story. It had nothing to do with Kaepernick not wanting to say if he'll stop kneeling and everything to do with Kaep not having a plan for any of it when he returns to football. The Seahawks just want to know what his plan is if they sign him and he didn;t have any.

Given the uproar there's been, I can imagine that a team wants to know what someone's plans are to deal with the situation. They haven;t shot him down, they're just tabling their discussions with him until Kaep has formulated a plan on how he is going to handle the media and his actions going forward if signed. That seems more than reasonable.
    Given that the NFL has very quietly said that all players "should" stand for the anthem, and rumor is at the owners meeting they threatened fines and eventually draft picks for not complying. Plus Pete Carroll doesn't want these issues creating distractions on the football field, which he admitted to causing the poor start @ Tennessee last year. Its not too surprising they shelved that idea.

I'm really hoping to see a much more strict and less carefree Carroll on some of these things. The coordinator hires point to that... among some statements in interviews.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Say what you want about the Bengals, and i'm not the one to ever defend Mike Brown, but some of the shots levied at the Bengals over Reid's visit are stupid.

"You're worried about Reid?! What about Burfict, Mixon, Pacman etc?!"

Again, they weren't planning on extending an offer to Reid until after the draft. The ESPN fuckwits would've know this if they spoke with Bengals beat writer Geoff Hobson or any writer in the Cincy area that has established connections with the Bengals. They said this exact thing DAYS before the visit!

And what about those 3? Is Brown not allowed to ask Reid about the issues that might bring bad publicity to his team? The orgnaization did the same thing with Burfict, Pacman, and Mixion. Shit, our running backs coach lived with Mixon for a week to vet him!

You can say that things turned out poorly for the Bengals despite their due diligence, But they were consistent with showing their due diligence with Reid as they were with Burfict and CO by posing the question. The Bengals already had the 3rd worst attendence last season (only being beaten by the Chagers and Browns mind you). It's reasonable for a team where a majority of its fans are in Kentucky to worry about Reid adding fuel to that fire.

But in all honesty, that's just giving too much credence to these ESPN fuckwits. Eric Reid's issues aren't comparable to Burfict and co's because there's a difference between character controversies and political ones.

Everyone and their mom knows that it's wrong to break a woman's jaw, shout expletitives at cops, and twist someone's ankle after the whistle. Political issues are way less universal and carry a divisive aura that you don't see with the controversies surronding Burfict, Mixon, and others like them. And this isn't even getting into how poltics can harm a team. If our families and frienships can be strained with poltics, then it can strain a football team too.

Wanna know the irony of it all? Since the Bengals weren't planning on making a decision until after the draft, Reid's sensationalized supporters are probably doing more to jeopardize a potential deal than anything by running their mouthes.

This is coming from someone who wanted Reid too. See my post from like....a week ago!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    McCarron has started like, 4 games as Dalton's backup, including one playoff game, which he should have won but the Jeremy Hill fucked it up. He also won 2 National Championships at Alabama before that. And like dray said, we got the first pick of the 3rd round for Tyrod, #65, which is great. It's probably gonna be part of the package we use to trade up to draft that franchise QB, so in a way, Tyrod is helping the Bills get better by going to Cleveland.

We've had season tickets since '88. Celebrating 30 years this year. I mean, they were obviously my dad's tickets then, now they're mine.

- - - Updated - - -

Ritchie Incognito abruptly announced he was retiring today. Claimed it was for medical reasons, that he saw a doctor and the doctor said his "liver and kidneys were shutting down."

Hope the dude is okay, but we now have a gaping hole on the left side of the line. We traded Cordy Glenn at LT, and now LG is open too.
    Yeah, fixed that for you.

Burfict and the D played lights out that game. Take away the last drive (which shouldn't have happend but Jeremy Hill fumbled) and Burfict goes down as a hero.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2018-04-13 at 02:44 AM.

Deleted
    Eric Reid has said that he wouldn't be kneeling this season for what it's worth: “I’m not saying I’m going to stop being active because I won’t. I’m just going to consider different ways to be active, different ways to bring awareness to the issues of this country and improve on the issues happening in this country. I don’t think it will be in the form of protesting during the anthem. I say during because it’s crazy that the narrative changed to we were protesting the anthem and that wasn’t the case. I think we’re going to take a different approach to how we’re going to be active.”

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Reuben Foster has been charged with 3 felonies in connection with his earlier arrest for domestic violence.
    Foster allegedly hit the woman in the head 8-10 times and ruptured her ear drum. If that's true then that's him done and good riddance.

10+ Year Old Account
    so...we are likely releasing Dez.

Cya round fam. Pro football is no longer for me.

- - - Updated - - -

yep is official. He is released.

and with that, I'm saying a big ol fuck you to pro football. Christ on a stick...

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    so...we are likely releasing Dez.

Cya round fam. Pro football is no longer for me.

- - - Updated - - -

yep is official. He is released.

and with that, I'm saying a big ol fuck you to pro football. Christ on a stick...
    I don't see the big deal. He was WAY overpaid for his production, he is apparently a pain in the ass to deal with and they save money by getting rid of him and building around a younger team. He hasn't cracked 1000 yards since 2014.

I am curious why they aren't releasing him as a post June 1st cut though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I don't see the big deal. He was WAY overpaid for his production, he is apparently a pain in the ass to deal with and they save money by getting rid of him and building around a younger team. He hasn't cracked 1000 yards since 2014.

I am curious why they aren't releasing him as a post June 1st cut though.
    Except he is still, even with lower production, the best WR on the team. Its highly unlikely we hit a star in the draft.

So yeah, Jerry just doing his thing and cutting people he feels arent good regardless if he is actually right about it. Like Landry or Jimmy or Ware or Emmit.

fucking hell. If I wanted to be a fan of a machine type team, Id be a fan of the Pats.

Oh, and JJ still wont fire Mr vanilla ginger clapface despite very obviously being a mediocre coach. Also, linehan.
    Last edited by Crissi; 2018-04-13 at 04:54 PM.

Except he is still, even with lower production, the best WR on the team. Its highly unlikely we hit a star in the draft.

So yeah, Jerry just doing his thing and cutting people he feels arent good regardless if he is actually right about it. Like Landry or Jimmy or Ware or Emmit.

fucking hell. If I wanted to be a fan of a machine type team, Id be a fan of the Pats.

Oh, and JJ still wont fire Mr vanilla ginger clapface despite very obviously being a mediocre coach. Also, linehan.
    I mean I get why you'd be upset, but being the 'best WR on the team' with that production means they need to figure something out. I guess they thought the best thing was jettison him and try and fix it through the draft/trades/free agency. Jerry has proven he has no idea what he's doing time and time again as the cowboys haven't won the Super Bowl since '96.

I do think this was a no win situation. Vastly overpaying for average production or cutting him and still losing money/cap space and trying to start over at the position.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I mean I get why you'd be upset, but being the 'best WR on the team' with that production means they need to figure something out. I guess they thought the best thing was jettison him and try and fix it through the draft/trades/free agency. Jerry has proven he has no idea what he's doing time and time again as the cowboys haven't won the Super Bowl since '96.

I do think this was a no win situation. Vastly overpaying for average production or cutting him and still losing money/cap space and trying to start over at the position.
    i could probably take him being a bit ruthless with his players if he was the same with the coaches and staff, but he isnt. He fires the actuall good ones (or scares them off), and keeps the mediocre ones that are his yes men.

Its too late in FA to get anyone of quality, trades are not his forte, and unless we get 2016 levels of lucky in the draft I don't think that works either.

i could probably take him being a bit ruthless with his players if he was the same with the coaches and staff, but he isnt. He fires the actuall good ones (or scares them off), and keeps the mediocre ones that are his yes men.

Its too late in FA to get anyone of quality, trades are not his forte, and unless we get 2016 levels of lucky in the draft I don't think that works either.
    I mean don't forget after the draft is another big period of signing players as teams aim to cut their roster down. There will be players out there to get. Will they find a diamond in the rough? Probably not, but maybe they can find some decent players to replace that production. It isn't like Dez was setting the world on fire with those stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope Dallas players are taking note and negotiate themselves some start-of-league-year roster bonuses so they don't get cut a month or more after free agency starts after watching Romo and Dez dangle in no man's land the last two years.

I thought they'd keep him, at least for this year. With the way receiver price tags are soaring, 2 years $25m isn't bad. Even if his production has fallen its going to cost them a lot to replace that production.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems SeaBass signed with Seattle for a year.