10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, that one.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Phil Simms loves Josh Allen. So his son loves Josh Allen.

This is pure propoganda combined with the fact that Allen only ever looks good in settings like the combine or OTAs, when everyone's in shorts and no one's actually trying to hit him.
    So we just have to convince the opposing defense not to hit our QB?

Yeah I dunno, I still can't get over Allen's sub 60^ completion rate in the mountain west or wherever he played. Doesn't give me much confidence that he's going to be a star in the NFL (or even a competent starter).
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's some interesting law to be figured out here.

The NFL is a private entity and can thus dictate their employees code of conduct to a certain extent. What is that extent, though? Employees in the NFL certainly aren't at-will, but their contracts do have behavior clauses in them, but most of that pertains to criminal behavior. I'd be surprised if the NFLPA didn't argue that this type of behavior isn't something the league can dictate to players, since it has nothing to do with criminality. It is a subjective "tarnishing" of the image, in which case the recourse is firing - which they are free to do. But that would be a PR nightmare.
    Mike Florio wrote an article about why teams cannot make signings based on a player's plan to protest around the time the Bengals-Reid nontroversy started:
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...them-protests/

And considering the NFLPA's statements seem to pivot towards Florio's stance, it's less of a constitutionality issue and more of a contractual dispute between the NFLPA and owners.

I'm gonna still watch ball.

- - - Updated - - -

I really wish the Bengals would make a run to sign Ritchie Incognito.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2018-06-01 at 02:33 AM.

Incognito literally said his organs are failing when he "retired" from the Bills.

So either,

1) he's a crazy person liar (which might be substantiated by him being put on an involuntary psych hold last week)

2) he's in bad health and playing would be dangerous for him but he doesn't know anything else and can't stop that feeling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Incognito literally said his organs are failing when he "retired" from the Bills.

So either,

1) he's a crazy person liar (which might be substantiated by him being put on an involuntary psych hold last week)

2) he's in bad health and playing would be dangerous for him but he doesn't know anything else and can't stop that feeling.
    why not both?

10+ Year Old Account
    Since it;s the off-season anyway and we're looking for things to discuss...

You guys remember that Al-Jazeera documentary, that everyone was so quick to dismiss, about Peyton Manning using Growth Hormone PED's? (broadcast in 2015)

""In their communications with DWT, the Mannings’ lawyers confirmed much of what Sly had said," states unsealed court papers, although what was exactly said by Olson remains redacted."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/th...edium=referral

Going to be HIGHLY interesting to see what comes out of the rest of this court case, cause the fact Peyton got away scott free with this has always seemed ridiculous to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Packers LB Clay Matthews had a bit of an accident: https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/s...78382852820994

Hit full force with a baseball after pitching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh dear, sounds worse than it looked if surgery is necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Since it;s the off-season anyway and we're looking for things to discuss...

You guys remember that Al-Jazeera documentary, that everyone was so quick to dismiss, about Peyton Manning using Growth Hormone PED's? (broadcast in 2015)

""In their communications with DWT, the Mannings’ lawyers confirmed much of what Sly had said," states unsealed court papers, although what was exactly said by Olson remains redacted."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/th...edium=referral

Going to be HIGHLY interesting to see what comes out of the rest of this court case, cause the fact Peyton got away scott free with this has always seemed ridiculous to me.
    Was all that when he was trying to recover from the neck thing? I'd have more sympathy for him if that were the case, although the rules are still the rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

10+ Year Old Account
    In news I did not expect to hear but am glad to, TE Zach Miller re-signed with the Bears, still not sure he will play again after that knee dislocation, but at least they're acting like its possible which is a good sign for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    In news I did not expect to hear but am glad to, TE Zach Miller re-signed with the Bears, still not sure he will play again after that knee dislocation, but at least they're acting like its possible which is a good sign for him.
    That's great. I hope he makes it back. One of the most gruesome injuries I've seen. >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Dwight Clark, of "The Catch" fame, passed away today as a result of ALS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Yeah, so fast too, barely 3 years between diagnosis and passing away.

There's more ex-NFL players with ALS, most notably ex-Saint Steve Gleason, who has lived with ALS for a very long time now and does frequent charity work to get funds to help treat and research ALS.

I hope this is not a look at what we are going to see more and more of among ex-NFL players.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2018-06-05 at 01:06 AM.

Trump has canceled the White House visit of the Eagles after a bunch (maybe a majority) said they weren't going to go.

Made inflammatory, disingenuous tweet to announce said cancellation, which the team didn't know about until the tweet, and suggested the players who wanted to continue kneeling were somehow responsible and that they were anti-military.

I hesitated to post this here, but I have to wonder if the anthem thing is going to be an issue this fall again as a campaign issue for Republicans.

Trump has canceled the White House visit of the Eagles after a bunch (maybe a majority) said they weren't going to go.

Made inflammatory, disingenuous tweet to announce said cancellation, which the team didn't know about until the tweet, and suggested the players who wanted to continue kneeling were somehow responsible and that they were anti-military.

I hesitated to post this here, but I have to wonder if the anthem thing is going to be an issue this fall again as a campaign issue for Republicans.
    Well, Trump doesn't really do well with eagles in general...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Yeah, read a very nice article about a 'family re-union' of that generation of 49ers just a few weeks ago. Sad - and despite knowing about his condition in reasonable detail - surprised it went so fast. Guy looked so fit and in shape even in his 50s. Rest in peace.

10+ Year Old Account
    "The #Bears placed TE Zach Miller, who signed yesterday, on the reserve/PUP list. This ends his season, though the team knew he could not play. This means he’ll make $458,000 this year." - Rapoport

That's a shame. I thought the fact they signed him meant he might have a chance at returning this season, guess that's not happening. Nice gesture of the Bears to spend cash on him to keep him on the team though. They could have just as easily let him rehab on his own without help. I'm guessing cause he is signed to the team now, he gets all the benefits of the team doctors and team facilities for rehab, that could potentially be a huge help to him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    "The #Bears placed TE Zach Miller, who signed yesterday, on the reserve/PUP list. This ends his season, though the team knew he could not play. This means he’ll make $458,000 this year." - Rapoport

That's a shame. I thought the fact they signed him meant he might have a chance at returning this season, guess that's not happening. Nice gesture of the Bears to spend cash on him to keep him on the team though. They could have just as easily let him rehab on his own without help. I'm guessing cause he is signed to the team now, he gets all the benefits of the team doctors and team facilities for rehab, that could potentially be a huge help to him.
    I thought it might be as simple as that, they mentioned he was walking without a limp which was a good sign.

A few weeks ago Drew Brees was out here visiting a former high school QB that dislocated his knee, they weren't able to save his leg. Its a pretty horrific injury to have to deal with and I'm glad for even the smallest victories.

10+ Year Old Account

Have to wonder what the league will do with this. He's basically already been punished pretty damn severely for his off season issues, so it will be interesting if Goodell still throws the book at him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edelman facing 4 game suspension for performance enhancing substances.

Sorry xskarma