Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    @-aiko-

Bolt action rifle, cheap to shoot in .22LR, good starter from a great company, and girly too.

I present the Ruger American in Muddy Girl.

You can find them for $275-$325.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    ^Title

I know pretty much nothing about firearms, but a shooting range opened up recently that I've been spending some time at with a few friends. I've always been a huge fan of archery, and own multiple bows, and am now discovering the similar rush you can experience with firearms. I don't have any interest really in stuff like self-defense (I have different tools for that) so I'm purely looking for something fun to shoot for sport.

I'm also...well, small. I'm a small, weak person so I'm not looking for something too powerful. Any recommendations are appreciated!
    I'm a big fan of 9mm for a first time hand gun. Just don't buy anything made by Highpoint. (Unless you are reaaaally strapped for cash).

The best sporting rifle in the world is the AR-15. You can shoot it off of your nose it has so little recoil.

With a large enough muzzle brake you can pretty much shoot anything though, with very little kick.

If you wanted something with a little more kick then Mosin-Nagants are Bae. Cheap rifles, the ammo is cheap, but they are fairly well made and fairly accurate.

.22 LR is a good first time rifle, but I actually recommend something chambered in 30-30.
    Last edited by Eldar45; 2018-02-24 at 12:14 AM.

^Title

I know pretty much nothing about firearms, but a shooting range opened up recently that I've been spending some time at with a few friends. I've always been a huge fan of archery, and own multiple bows, and am now discovering the similar rush you can experience with firearms. I don't have any interest really in stuff like self-defense (I have different tools for that) so I'm purely looking for something fun to shoot for sport.

I'm also...well, small. I'm a small, weak person so I'm not looking for something too powerful. Any recommendations are appreciated!
    Props for sticking your neck out about a topic you're interested in that may be controversial, that's a very difficult thing for a mod to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    That's what I used back when I was younger for sharpshooter certification. It's a lovely, simple gun, and sometimes the bolt action is more rewarding in it's simplicity but mechanical use when it comes to relaxing and just aiming.
    Yep, couldn't agree more, it really is the first gun of just about everybody I know, it simple teaches you how to be responsible, cleaning and maintenance. Getting this right is a good foundation for anything else.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Remington bolt action long gun .22 it's the one I started with and just about everybody I know, no fuss no muss get a kit to clean it, you don't need a scope at first but you can get them for not a lot of money.

If you can get used to this for a while, you can pretty much tackle everything else, with a little time and practice.
    Decades ago I would have agreed with you, but since Freedom Group took over their quality has gone down the shitter. Same with Marlin, that's why all my Marlins were made well before the take over.
    Last edited by Tasttey; 2018-02-24 at 12:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasttey View Post
    Decades ago I would have agreed with you, but since Freedom Group took over their quality has gone down the shitter.
    Probably still easy enough to find. I mean mine was practically brand new when I traded up. Personally though I would say stay away from anything expensive, because one thing most people I know who take up shooting learn.

Which is in addition to a few other details, if you don't really educate yourself shooting can be expensive, especially at first, at least with the gun I suggested if she doesn't like it or has a problem it's really much easier and much less expensive to find out, and then make the investment after enough time on something else.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Decades ago I would have agreed with you, but since Freedom Group took over their quality has gone down the shitter. Same with Marlin, that's why all my Marlins were made well before the take over.
    I do not know when that took over took place, but I have a Marlin lever action .22 , golden trigger model, purchased back in the 1970's , that is solid built and with it's micro groove barrel, very accurate. Still fun to shoot this day and the wife loves it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Lever action rifles always make me feel like John Wayne.

Makes you feel like John Wayne huh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lever action rifles always make me feel like John Wayne.
    Lol! The wife has RA in her hands, so ease of operation of any firearm is a big concern of hers. The Marlin lever action and the HMR .17 bolt action, she has no problems rejecting and loading them.

As mentioned. Get a glock. They're just perfect for everything.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

My dad did that to me around 5 with the deep end of the pool. I was terrified without the floaties, but I quickly became proficient.
    It's a good method.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Props for sticking your neck out about a topic you're interested in that may be controversial, that's a very difficult thing for a mod to do.
    If you want the truth, I didn't even think much about it when I created the thread. I knew there would be a few people who wouldn't be able to understand being interested in firearms for sport. And overall? I'm happy with the responses so far.

Of course, I'm sure some people are now going to consider me a right-wing evil gun-loving Nazi mod. /shrug Comes with the territory.

10+ Year Old Account
    I present the Ruger American in Muddy Girl..
    I'm a little disappointed in myself for being attracted to that weapon...

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes a lot of sense. Have you guys ever tried a maglula?
    No. Never heard of that one. Easy to use?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want the truth, I didn't even think much about it when I created the thread. I knew there would be a few people who wouldn't be able to understand being interested in firearms for sport. And overall? I'm happy with the responses so far.

Of course, I'm sure some people are now going to consider me a right-wing evil gun-loving Nazi mod. /shrug Comes with the territory.

And I am sure there is territory a person goes looking for, but asking about a gun wouldn't in and of itself make that true or untrue.

.22 is a good place , ammo is "cheap" , always FUN to shoot paper with.
    I still love shooting mine for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I'm sorry but this just cracks me up, I don't want to come across as a cunt but...

You've come to a gaming forum to ask about firearms and openly admitted never owning one and straight away getting replies for automatic rifles and you wonder why the rest of the world bashes on US gun ownership.
    The fact that you think any of the weapons mentioned are automatic is one of the big problems with the gun debate. Gun Control activists have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to guns. You guys make no effort to learn and then expect people who do know what they're talking about to take you seriously.

first ask yourself what you want it for, home defense? conceal carry? hunting? just for the range? AR15s are going for pretty cheap now and easy to shoot and maintain. glocks are very reliable hand guns if thats what you are going for, if you want to conceal carry get something small.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabog View Post
    Guns really do seem like a part of American culture or American way of life. I suppose that makes sense, considering your history.

Is there a wide divide in prices of guns across states?
    Not really. State-compliant (CA/MD/MA/NY etc) might price in a premium based on limited availability?

Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    first ask yourself what you want it for, home defense? conceal carry? hunting? just for the range? AR15s are going for pretty cheap now and easy to shoot and maintain. glocks are very reliable hand guns if thats what you are going for, if you want to conceal carry get something small.
    She doesn't need to ask herself these things as it was in the OP. I do love my glock 19 though, it's my EDC.