Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure zandalari will have the option of using other druid forms specially when they add the artifact skins. As to the forms themselves the bear is the only one I dislike. It's tail is the reason. I hope it's unfinished and they give it a true tail with an anklesaur club at the end

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    Pretty sure zandalari will have the option of using other druid forms specially when they add the artifact skins. As to the forms themselves the bear is the only one I dislike. It's tail is the reason. I hope it's unfinished and they give it a true tail with an anklesaur club at the end
    I doubt it, why should they? Then the other races should have the same options.
    Artifact skins yeah, but other forms? No

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    I doubt it, why should they? Then the other races should have the same options.
    Artifact skins yeah, but other forms? No
    Why? Because it's a way to customize it even further. As it is, you still will be able to make a stag and then astrial and then fire cat. What missing? Well I still want my druid to turn into a fire scorpion =p and you just agreed with me on the artifact skins.

So you just agreed with everything I just said. Unless you are thinking I'm talking about being able to use tauren or troll druid forms, then no, I wasn't talking about that. Hell, the purpose of a zandalari druid is to be a damn dinosaur so why would I want to be a bear? Or a cat? Or a bird? Or stag for that matter. You have the other races for that option

if they can give us a sleeker looking balance form for all druid races, I would be happy (though I play primarily feral and guardian).

of course (as some have echoed), having more customization across all races would be incredible, and is probably the most lackluster part of our characters' "personalities" as of now. being able to choose colors, marks/tattoos, would be so awesome for all druid forms would be pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by RayenDark View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Congrads, I used to draw dinos too! It still looks like crap. As a feral main-this form is an insult. <3 K thanks.
    You are so salty. Your garbage art wouldn't be good enough for an indie game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Indeed. No idea why they favour horde so much. Maybe because it is cool to be ugly or something.
    There's no Horde favoritism at all. That is a myth perpetuated by small children such as yourself. The Horde has more creativity because it isn't generic medieval fantasy. Generic faction gets generic content. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    They're probably going for a Nodosaurid look rather than an Ankylosaurid look because the club would imply that their Bear form gets extra animations/attacks with it while a Nodosaur doesn't.

Being a big dinosaur fan, I'm loving the forms. I really appreciate the effort that Blizzard is putting into these new forms, and I'm glad they reversed their initial stance on giving the Zandalari dino-forms. It just adds so much immersion and individuality to the game.

Also I'm glad that people aren't universally going crazy over them because that just means that we'll get more variety of Druids come next expansion. It is kind of weird though that the Horde now has double the Druid races as the Alliance, since the NE were the original Druid race.

Quote Originally Posted by Faliz18 View Post
    Excuse me? Have you ever seen seen my art? Most likely not-wait let me get it for you. Still garbage? I think not.

Am I the only one that doesn't like them? I mean, I understand people do. But I just so much prefer the original ones over these.

They look pretty cool, but I'd want to go back after a few weeks to the others.
    And you will be able to even if you are Zandalari, you can transmogrify your forms into the Artifact ones you have earned.

Am I the only one that doesn't like them? I mean, I understand people do. But I just so much prefer the original ones over these.

They look pretty cool, but I'd want to go back after a few weeks to the others.
    I don't like them too because I don't see any common sense and connection between druids and dinosaurs

i love the new forms, awesome they are reptile based instead of mammal.

dinosaurs are as much nature as cats and bears, and if you live in a land full of dinosaurs of course your druidism is going to be dinosaur related.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitrov View Post
    I don't like them too because I don't see any common sense and connection between druids and dinosaurs
    Zandalari druids are technically dinomancers from what it seems, but a better answer would be that dinosaurs are living beings and definitely part of nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    i love the new forms, awesome they are reptile based instead of mammal.

dinosaurs are as much nature as cats and bears, and if you live in a land full of dinosaurs of course your druidism is going to be dinosaur related.

Exactly. 10/chars

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faliz18 View Post
    Really no reason to crap on someone's art.

Blizzard is a top-notch company when it comes to art/quality so I think it is fair if other artists criticize it. The form's face is too short & looks incredibly derpy. I'm all for dinosaur forms but, people shouldn't go crazy for a model that looks like a gremlin iguana.
    Bawkasaur - Feral PvE | Bawk - Feral PvE - Youtube - Twitter - Website - Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by dimitrov View Post
    This is the entire point. It is a good thing Blizzard is trying to allow more than one single, narrow interpretation of a class.

Really makes me wonder whether if Blizzard actually followed up on properly distinguishing other race/class specific combos like they did with Zandalari Druids (like say, the often-maligned Sunwalkers) if we'd see less people with such narrow ways of looking at classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawk View Post
    Really no reason to crap on someone's art.

Blizzard is a top-notch company when it comes to art/quality so I think it is fair if other artists criticize it. The form's face is too short & looks incredibly derpy. I'm all for dinosaur forms but, people shouldn't go crazy for a model that looks like a gremlin iguana.
    You're entitled to your opinion and so is said artist but they don't help their cause by proclaiming said opinion in absolute terms then when challenged on it balk at the idea anyone elses opinion matters as much as theirs because they are capable of generic deviantart-level fanart of a model Blizzard already designed. Definitely pretty eyeroll-worthy.
    Last edited by Lyvefire; 2018-03-11 at 05:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyvefire View Post
    You're entitled to your opinion and so is said artist but they don't help their cause by proclaiming said opinion in absolute terms then when challenged on it balk at the idea anyone elses opinion matters as much as theirs because they are capable of generic deviantart-level fanart of a model Blizzard already designed. Definitely pretty eyeroll-worthy.
    It just happened to be the easiest piece to grab since I had linked it to someone earlier that day. Fan Art is Fan Art. Below is one of my quicker watercolor studies.

I generally work from live subjects or photographs I've taken of said subjects. Given I also work from skulls/bones and draw anatomical studies (mostly skull/ skeletons, some muscle layouts) I do know what I'm talking about in terms of anatomy and anatomical studies.

I never said their opinion didn't matter- my critique was on the model itself which, I'm sorry to say, still isn't that creative compared to things blizzard has produced in the past. There are things that just don't mesh or function "correctly". Even blizzard's dragon models follow some formula of form and function. The feral-lizzard model lacks that in a few places.

Would you rather I redline the model for you and point out its problems?
    Last edited by RayenDark; 2018-03-12 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RayenDark View Post
    Good Post
    A fair and reasoned response and yes that piece does do a lot more to your credibility. I do still believe you came across as dismissive but you do seem much more genuine here so let's put that aside.

I personally dont have a side here. The igunaesque "cat" isnt my favourite model to say the least but i am very glad its a dinosaur as opposed to yet another ill fitting feline. I'm also not sure if you are one of the people judging it as it is will exist ingame rather than what it is now, ie suspended in its t-pose. I will admit the model is growing on me despite its imperfections however.

Since you offered though, I would very much like to see you redline thr model to point out its issues. It certainly makes for more interesting banter than just throwing each otger s personal tastes under the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyvefire View Post
    A fair and reasoned response and yes that piece does do a lot more to your credibility. I do still believe you came across as dismissive but you do seem much more genuine here so let's put that aside.

I personally dont have a side here. The igunaesque "cat" isnt my favourite model to say the least but i am very glad its a dinosaur as opposed to yet another ill fitting feline. I'm also not sure if you are one of the people judging it as it is will exist ingame rather than what it is now, ie suspended in its t-pose. I will admit the model is growing on me despite its imperfections however.

Since you offered though, I would very much like to see you redline thr model to point out its issues. It certainly makes for more interesting banter than just throwing each otger s personal tastes under the bus.
    I'll see what I can do tomorrow since it's my day off. The model has a fair amount of potential it just needs little "tweaks" to make it make 'sense'.

A quick summery I'll most likely address the center of gravity/front half/front legs, neck region, a bit of the tail and some adjustments to the mouth/tusks. I'm sure seeing it move in game may help a bit but as it is right now the thing is more of a battering ram than an agile predator. Which I can hopefully explain without making it to much of a nerdy lecture.

I will admit I did have a bit of a knee jerk reaction to seeing it at first but that's mostly because what glaringly stood out to me (as someone who studies nature/wildlife) that most likely didn't to others and I tend to forget that fact (or rather, I think like that 24/7 and forget I have to explain it.)

You all should chill and wait for the animated version, that will give you a better image of the model.

Alliance druid literally unplayable in BfA