7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Ok? Talking about something that happened months ago as if it happened yesterday or last week is nonsense as well. The beauty of speculation threads is there's always something that can be added. Sure at times it can seem slow but then it can have its breakthroughs as well as Traycor did with those ballin' Highlights.
    you mean the retardation of speculation, with no sense whatsoever

is literally the same thing since TBC, the only 2 "ideas" unique, who actually could be implemented, it would be just like void elves 2.0, but with the light, or elves who not use any kind of magic, and become skinny and more pale

but no one is focusing in those ideas, because they want the blood elf with blue eyes, but with a even better model, to "try" make then different.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    not your sorry if you took it for youself (you can look on thread. i already posted there, and Aliance players keep being blind, i am just sometimes can't stand when someone just rape lore for his own benefit. and no i am not blood elf player, even more i dislike them a little because of animations).

won't work because this will end up making uproar from Horde players then. who will use lore reason to have all this cosmetics added for blood elves (and you see when Aliance can use only gameplay reason, horde will have lore support for them, wich is much heavier). So what the reason calming one group if this will upset other? AS i said i am not against adding "HE" for aliance. but they will end up being castrated version of Blood elves, with no actuall reason to fight now, since sunwell restored. Even more they can seek to ally themself with blood elves cause Thalyssra and her magical fruit wich is cure for magic addiction (just an idea, not actual lore).
    I have 50% alliance and 50% horde characters, but my main has been alliance in Legion because the first two patches weren't very alt friendly due to artifact power and reputation grinding (the current game patch is now alt friendly). Right now i play 6 classes on alliance and the other 6 on horde. Multiboxing helps. I plan to double the characters now because of allied races, making the 12 classes on alliance and 12 on horde... I havent leveled the lowbie allied races for heritages, because i haven't had the time, yet.

I also don't have a preference for horde or alliance and i play WoW mainly for its story (i don't raid, i don't pvp), to farm the game collectibles (mounts, pets, toys, transmogs, etc) and to try different classes. I like both factions and i hope both have their goody and shiny race class combos balanced, so both faction player communities are satisfied, or so other people like me enjoy being double agents ingame. I have 3 blood elves and 2 void elves. (I also have 2 nightborne and 2 night elves.) I'll probably race change the 3rd blood elf (my horde hunter) into a new allied horde race to have more race variety, now that i have a lowbie void elf hunter (for heritage farming).

Having said all that, i care a lot about WoW lore, because that's what gives the extra flavor for the game and why people like the game so much. However when they introduce new playable races, all new and exisiting playable races are supposed to be different from each other. As i said in a previous post, if High Elves ever become playable, they should look differently from the current playable elven races, especially the blood and void elf races. Void elves have the blue color, the different hairsyles and the tentacles, so they stand on their own. So the problem is mainly between blood elves on horde and high elves on alliance. High Elves shouldn't feel like an improved version of blood elves, but a different one. They are the same elves that split into different factions, but at the same time they should be visually different in terms of cosmetic styles and both races should be interesting choices on their own, when both are compared to each other. Horde players shouldn't feel "robbed" and envy that alliance got an improved blood elf version, but they should feel alliance got another visually different type of elf and also feel that blood elf visual still matters and they enjoy it. This is the balance Blizzard needs to achieve with the blood elf - high elf races.

As I said before, I really like the ranger theme. I would love to see it ingame, and I don't mind that high elves get it (as in warcraft II they had it) if they ever become playable, as long as blizzard also keeps blood elves an interesting choice. I would change my void elf hunter into a ranger high elf hunter in a heart beat.

But as they just added void elves a few months ago, i really doubt they will consider adding high elves now, especially with so many other different available options. Maybe in 1-2 years or so, they might reconsider this.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-03-28 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    If blizz had any intention of doing high elves later I really doubt they would have done void elves first with Alleria as leader.
    I think it's clear from Blizzcon Q&A's as well as interviews that Blizzards design direction is often influenced by what the designers/artists find cool to work on. Void Elves allowed for designers and artists to design a whole new look (with void tendrils etc...) for which they now had the time. It also explains why they are adding Dark Iron dwarves instead of Wildhammer Dwarves which were/are much more requested. From a creative standpoint they allow you much more design freedom with the fire-theme. Wildhammers customization would have been limited to some new skin tattoo's and hairstyles unless they would have changed their model to show of their increased height compared to Bronzebeards.

I also think they wanted Alliance allied races connected to Legion since Horde got Nightborne and Highmountains.

High Elves can be added at any time in the future if they ever need a "quick" allied race. Adding Void Elves out of nowhere wouldn't make sense in 1-2 years time (it already doesn't make much sense now).

Deleted
    At this point I'm not sure whats worse. The high elf druid suggested here or the fact that anti-high elf horde players are salty because people want high elves, and they're doing anything they can to stop people from wanting it.

??????

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Having said all that, i care a lot about WoW lore, because that's what gives the extra flavor for the game and why people like the game so much. However when they introduce new playable races, all new and exisiting playable races are supposed to be different from each other. As i said in a previous post, if High Elves ever become playable, they should look differently from the current playable elven races, especially the blood and void elf races. Void elves have the blue color, the different hairsyles and the tentacles, so they stand on their own. So the problem is mainly between blood elves on horde and high elves on alliance. High Elves shouldn't feel like an improved version of blood elves, but a different one. They are the same elves that split into different factions, but at the same time they should be visually different in terms of cosmetic styles and both races should be interesting choices on their own, when both are compared to each other. Horde players shouldn't feel "robbed" and envy that alliance got an improved blood elf version, but they should feel alliance got another visually different type of elf and also feel that blood elf visual still matters and they enjoy it. This is the balance Blizzard needs to achieve with the blood elf - high elf races.
    sadly or not it won't work. To make them different something must happen with entire race. And if this "something" (like void infusion) happen then they won't be "High elves" wich lead us to the VE situation. They not changed by events of sunwell, their appearance just "rock solid" by whole lore of Warcraft, and almost nothing could change it (even chronicles have low chance, cause if they will - there must be something REALLY BIG what lead them to change and retcon whole lore of Blood elves). This will lead either to horde being envy and demanding all customizations for them... or DRASTICAL rework of BLOOD ELVES as race (maybe turning them to felblood? doubtfull after cleansing of sunwell). It's trap from both ends, so blizzard can't do a thing (even if they created this trap by themself).

You see? even Void infusion didn't change anatomy of elves. Yeah color changed, hair glow, but body shape is the same. So to change "High elves" i don't know... there must be something like turning them to wretched or withered i don't know. to make them REALLY different. Or *boom* they choose to use fel (plottwist) wich is bad for sunwell to, so the same reason as void elves? but then they are blood elves physicaly...

You see? trap from all directions.

- - - Updated - - -

Really cool drawning, mate. Congrats!
    I think this theme is more interesting for a paladin tier, than a racial heritage, to be honest
    won't work cause it's Swordmaster of Hoeth from Warhammer fantasy universe
    even more it's if i remember this logo - one of the official artwork from Warhammer online Age of reckoning game.
    Last edited by Zorish; 2018-03-28 at 12:49 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
    At this point I'm not sure whats worse. The high elf druid suggested here or the fact that anti-high elf horde players are salty because people want high elves, and they're doing anything they can to stop people from wanting it.

??????
    the high elf druid is way more retarded

and the "anti-helf" crew, are not "doing anything to stop people from wanting it" thy are just pointing on their ideas is bad/retarded and don't work regardless how much people try to bend and distort the lore to fulfill their desires

it is impossible to make you don't want something

sadly or not it won't work. To make them different something must happen with entire race. And if this "something" (like void infusion) happen then they won't be "High elves" wich lead us to the VE situation. They not changed by events of sunwell, their appearance just "rock solid" by whole lore of Warcraft, and almost nothing could change it (even chronicles have low chance, cause if they will - there must be something REALLY BIG what lead them to change and retcon whole lore of Blood elves). This will lead either to horde being envy and demanding all customizations for them... or DRASTICAL rework of BLOOD ELVES as race (maybe turning them to felblood? doubtfull after cleansing of sunwell). It's trap from both ends, so blizzard can't do a thing (even if they created this trap by themself).

You see? even Void infusion didn't change anatomy of elves. Yeah color changed, hair glow, but body shape is the same. So to change "High elves" i don't know... there must be something like turning them to wretched or withered i don't know. to make them REALLY different. Or *boom* they choose to use fel (plottwist) wich is bad for sunwell to, so the same reason as void elves? but then they are blood elves physicaly...

You see? trap from all directions.
    I like when people say it's not possible in a fantasy game. It's a fantasy game, it is not supposed to work like real life!

Just watch the last cut scene of Antorus raid. That's the scene in the entire wow game that has the most unlogical explanations and plot holes!
    Also look at Chronicles books. They have retconned almost 25 years of their game franchise in those books.

There are only traps if we want them to exist. With good art designers, they can achieve impressive new looks and art.

If Blizzard wants to, they can make High Elves viable, even based on their old lore, without destroying the Blood Elves iconic looks and image.
    They tried it with void elves. I think they did a good job on them. But still there are people that want the classic elven race to become playable. I honestly would play it as well, if it did come live.

There are also many other races that also seem a reskin / remodel from currently planned allied races: Vrykul (kul tiras), raventusk / forest trolls (zandalari), wildhammer dwarves (dark iron), eredar (LF Draenei), and so on.

Right now I believe Blizzard is focusing in delivering different types of races in the allied races slots. Maybe in the future, they might add reskined allied races in the new allied races slots.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-03-28 at 01:48 PM.

I like when people say it's not possible in a fantasy game. It's a fantasy game, it is not supposed to work like real life!
    mind to look exactly WHAT
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/World_of_W...nicle_Volume_1
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/World_of_W...nicle_Volume_2
    they "retconed"? There is even sections for this on wiki.

the moment when you start bringing full fantasy, without any evidence of logic you will get Eastern style RPG games. It's part of the Warcraft history that you CAN actually use logic to determine events in this universe. (and every time when people scream that garrosh bombing terramore, sylvanas using blight are stupid decisions - they are blind, too peacefull, without even trying to understand what is is "War").

Like really why we love LORE of this universe? because it's not so stupid as other universes. Even VE have right to because they were Changed to determine their difference from Blood elves. Maybe it was bold desicion, but still development.
    "High elved" don't have it. And without any actuall reason why Blood elves can't LOOK like new "High elves". Wich must be again - done by lore. With some reasons (and not like with VE who are "new" and will start developing from now, but much more reasonable cause it's old race, with developed lore, and tome 3 probably will support this lore even more). "High elves" are "High elves". Nothing will change it. Nothing will change that "High elves" are addicted to magic, are skilled magic users (even rangers), and developed as magic race. You either Change them completly with some mutations like void elves... or leave them be like now and add them to both factions.

mind to look exactly WHAT
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/World_of_W...nicle_Volume_1
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/World_of_W...nicle_Volume_2
    they "retconed"? There is even sections for this on wiki.

the moment when you start bringing full fantasy, without any evidence of logic you will get Eastern style RPG games. It's part of the Warcraft history that you CAN actually use logic to determine events in this universe. (and every time when people scream that garrosh bombing terramore, sylvanas using blight are stupid decisions - they are blind, too peacefull, without even trying to understand what is is "War").

Like really why we love LORE of this universe? because it's not so stupid as other universes. Even VE have right to because they were Changed to determine their difference from Blood elves. Maybe it was bold desicion, but still development.
    "High elved" don't have it. And without any actuall reason why Blood elves can't LOOK like new "High elves". Wich must be again - done by lore. With some reasons (and not like with VE who are "new" and will start developing from now, but much more reasonable cause it's old race, with developed lore, and tome 3 probably will support this lore even more). "High elves" are "High elves". Nothing will change it. Nothing will change that "High elves" are addicted to magic, are skilled magic users (even rangers), and developed as magic race. You either Change them completly with some mutations like void elves... or leave them be like now and add them to both factions.
    You repeated the same quote both times.

Yes, chronicles I and II (and now III) retconed a lot of existing wacraft lore, as they wanted to bring consistency over their franchise. I do approve that by the way. Many original ideas changed to bring consistency.

After they became official, the wiki started quoting them, of course.

By the way, just because i said nothing is impossible in a fantasy game, i never said that fantasy stories are deprived from logic and consistency.
    You can create a totally new fantasy universe that has their own special laws, logic and consistency, and be totally different from our universe. And if those "laws of physics or magic" don't work, you can always change them by doing retcons to the story! Or simply add new plots that go in that direction.

Fictional universes are exactly that. But fans from fictional universes enjoy consistency and logic, even if they are different from our real universe.

By the way, just because i said nothing is impossible in a fantasy game, i never said that fantasy stories are deprived from logic and consistency.
    You can create a totally new fantasy universe that has their own special laws, logic and consistency, and be totally different from our universe. And if those "laws of physics or magic" don't work, you can always change them by doing retcons to the story! Or simply add new plots that go in that direction.
    and you miss main point of the chronicles. They are created to clear any "holes" in lore of warcraft. And the moment they are published... well - it's set in stone. After publishing third tome blizzard won't do a thing to CHANGE what they wrote there. At least for the nearest 10 years. They won't kill their own work. And third tome cover the story till the cata.
    you see? Blizzard WON'T backtrack and recton fresh new Chronicles. It would be stupidest move you can ever see.

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    These are your best designs yet! Wow, I'm flabbergasted no one's thought of implementing hair highlights! Or maybe they have, but Blizzard hasn't! Keep up the great work, I also enjoy your level head on the entire topic as well as a few others.
    Thanks! Here's an interesting idea I saw from the thread on the official forums:
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20762018181
    Quote Originally Posted by Official Forums
    Alleria's forces - Alleria's personal forces now reside in Allerian Stronghold in Outland. Our suggestion, to distinguish this "tribe" from the Silver Covenant is for them to have traveled to Netherstorm after the events of BC and developed a more magical appearance.
    Hairstyles incorporating arcane magic effects
    Body and facial tattoos - like their leader Alleria.
    This was how I always assumed they would reintroduce High Elves to the Alliance back in the day.

and you miss main point of the chronicles. They are created to clear any "holes" in lore of warcraft. And the moment they are published... well - it's set in stone. After publishing third tome blizzard won't do a thing to CHANGE what they wrote there. At least for the nearest 10 years. They won't kill their own work. And third tome cover the story till the cata.
    you see? Blizzard WON'T backtrack and recton fresh new Chronicles. It would be stupidest move you can ever see.
    I'm sorry, i don't understand why or where i missed the main point of the chronicles...

And yes, the goal of the chronicles is to bring more consistency on the warcraft universe, as i stated before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Traycor View Post
    Thanks! Here's an interesting idea I saw from the thread on the official forums:

This was how I always assumed they would reintroduce High Elves to the Alliance back in the day.
    Sorry to have highjacked your thread for today, Traycor

I also have some lore arguments to add to the Silver Covenant relevance, that I posted in another thread:

Blizzard has included High Elves and Blood Elves as separate quel'thalas elf factions since warcraft III:

- they protected the alliance side of Dalaran and were the alliance representatives in the Argent tournament;
    - Vereesa and Jaina joined forces to fight the horde after the Theramore bombing, and the silver covenant had a big role in the Isle of Thunder and expelling the blood elves from Dalaran;
    - Led by Vereesa, they joined the forces that freed Suramar from the legion, together with the night elves and blood elves. Vereesa, Tyrande and Liadrin joined First Arcanist Thalyssra in an all star ladies group leading the four iconic elven races together to fight Elisande;
    - There are High Elves in the class halls.

One thing that could differentiate high elves and blood elves could be the holy energies of the sunwell. Paladins and priests could be Blood Elf only, maybe?

I think the more i defend them, the more i want to play them...
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-03-28 at 04:30 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I like your idea but VE proved that Blizzard will never give Alliance classic High Elves. Not until they have some mutation/change on physical level (because treacherous Blood Elves). Our best shot to get fair skinned High Elves is Half Elves. Beacuse being half human and half elf will provide enough physical changes and at same time allow to looks similar to High Elves.

Kudos for good W2 design!

10+ Year Old Account

So you're idea now is for a bunch of High Elves to be subjected to strange, powerful magics that will give them a more magical appearance?

Good thing Blizzard did just that when they created the Void Elves. Congratulations Traycor, your mission is complete.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    I like your idea but VE proved that Blizzard will never give Alliance classic High Elves. Not until they have some mutation/change on physical level (because treacherous Blood Elves). Our best shot to get fair skinned High Elves is Half Elves. Beacuse being half human and half elf will provide enough physical changes and at same time allow to looks similar to High Elves.

Kudos for good W2 design!
    Kalec is a Half Elf when not a Dragon, he's using a modified Human form. A half elf will probably be the human model with pointy ears and blue eyes. Not against that idea at all, but would it be enough?

7+ Year Old Account

I could see how that theory panned out back then, but I'm really more for the ranger/natural aesthetic vibe and less magic (READ not no magic) themes going on here. I like to think one of the biggest differences between High Elves and Blood Elves are their dependence on magic. High Elves seem to not depend on it as much as the Blood Elves do. Blood Elven structures/cities are seeped in magic, whereas the dispersed High Elves groups carry on in lodges or in the cities of Humans (like Stormwind). Only Dalaran Elves are seeped in magic but that's a non-point since the whole city is seeped in magic. Even then we notice they have lots of Rangers as part of Silver Covenant. Not the same as Highvale ofc but I imagine now that if High Elves were to be added then the recruitment would go about bringing together/uniting the dispersed High Elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Kalec is a Half Elf when not a Dragon, he's using a modified Human form. A half elf will probably be the human model with pointy ears and blue eyes. Not against that idea at all, but would it be enough?
    As long as they were carrying on the legacy of the High Elves on the Alliance (which by all means they would) then yeah I'd be okay with this. It was pointed out even by Elisande how much the Quel'dorei intermingle with Humans. Wouldn't be out of the question.

This solution would be okay by me given if High Elves as they are now couldn't be made playable.

A Human/High Elf hybrid model sounds insanely cool, and it would be the only existing race to be playable that comes from a dual heritage, that alone adds a lot of uniqueness to em.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    I like your idea but VE proved that Blizzard will never give Alliance classic High Elves. Not until they have some mutation/change on physical level (because treacherous Blood Elves).
    It's because of basic game design. Giving opposite factions the same race with minimal changes is fucking stupid, on a commercial and lore level.

if blizzard didnt want the alliance to want high elves maybe they shouldnt have made the silver covenant such a huge presence. that could have been a dwarf or night elf faction instead. or god forbid a gnome faction imagine if those little guys got some screentime

idk i mean why not just give em high elves at this point. its not like void elves look any different to blood elves when they have gear on and its clear blizzard is giving up on the night elves in bfa. alliance could use an allied race to actually be excited about too most of the choices blizzard have picked for them so far are pretty bad.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    if blizzard didnt want the alliance to want high elves maybe they shouldnt have made the silver covenant such a huge presence. that could have been a dwarf or night elf faction instead. or god forbid a gnome faction imagine if those little guys got some screentime

idk i mean why not just give em high elves at this point. its not like void elves look any different to blood elves when they have gear on and its clear blizzard is giving up on the night elves in bfa. alliance could use an allied race to actually be excited about too most of the choices blizzard have picked for them so far are pretty bad.
    Exactly. Why tease players with High Elves NPC and factions? After VELF bullshit they still do it in BFA by adding HELF NPC in Alliance Island Expedition Team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    Holy hell, I just saw the full post. These are some fantastic edits, and some fantastic armor too.

As long as they also get some normal hairstyles, the windswept and streaks look amazing.

One suggestion I'd have is darker skin tones. In the newer Chronicles canon, the skin tone scale was changed from just peach tones to simply the skin tones of humans, meaning high elves could likely have dark skin tones. Would also make sense if they're more farstrider based elves, years of living in the woods and in lodges likely got them a lot more tan/darker. Plus, dark skin + blue tattoos would be fantastic.
    Wait wait, Chronicles did what? Are you saying that Elves can be black now?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    if blizzard didnt want the alliance to want high elves maybe they shouldnt have made the silver covenant such a huge presence.
    they do not have huge presence though, just some token appearance to be the blood elf antagonists, because muh tolkien, with VE now they will not need then anymore