Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    What are the lore issues that would arise? High Elves already are on the Alliance, Alleria already has pink-skin despite being a velf. So putting in pink velves as important npcs sets no precedent.
    From a lore point of view, we don't really know now what a Void Elf is; before they got the option to get the fair skin, it was clear that they were somehow corrupted by the void and thus they had the blue-ish skins. But now, we don't know what's the difference between them and a Blood Elf or a High Elf if they are fair skinned. Are they just High Elves, Blood Elves that control the void and therefore have different racials, as something that anyone can learn, even, let's say, a Gnome? Or are they mutated -genetically altered- High Elves or Blood Elves but less affected by the void than the ones with blue-ish skins? If not, what's the difference between a purple skinned one and a fair skinned one? How do they become a Void Elf and what makes them a Void Elf and not a Blood Elf or a High Elf? Alleria's process to become a "Void Elf" -does she ever call that herself?- is different to the one the playable Void Elves suffer, basically because they don't absorb any Naaru.

Furthermore even from an aesthetic al pov its not like Velves are becoming a carbon-copy, there are still differences that separate the two, and there will continue to be even if they added blonde hair for Velves. They aren't even removing options from either, its just sharing. So no one loses anything.

You could argue a loss of uniqueness but its a very weak con compared to the massive pros that are had from this. Blood elf players will continue to play Blood Elves, and now people who enjoy Alliance high elves can enjoy them on the Alliance without feeling like they have to play Horde.
    I mean, if they just give all the customization options that Blood Elves have to the Void Elves -and that's something that a lot of people here is asking for- then it would be unfair to the Blood Elves, as they will lose their uniqueness and receive nothing from the Void Elves. In any case, we still don't know what Void Elves will get in the end -apart from the fair skin tones and the eye color- so this is all speculation. If they decided to give blonde hair to the Void Elves, then it would have been easier to make "Alliance High Elves" an allied race and not Void Elves. Imho, they shouldn't get blonde hair options, and keep the blue, purple, black, grey and white. Because if not, they'll be Blood Elves but with more customization options, which will be unfair first for the Blood Elves and second for the rest of the races.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Yea, it is. And so is your statement, obviously. No misinterpretation. The High Elves are the Blood Evles in everything but in name that's not debatable, it's a fact.
    Once again, you are wrong. They have different allegiances. They had different ways to deal with the magic withdrawal when the Sunwell was corrupted. Their culture can be argued to have become differentiated due to their status as exiles.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorca View Post
    From a lore point of view, we don't really know now what a Void Elf is; before they got the option to get the fair skin, it was clear that they were somehow corrupted by the void and thus they had the blue-ish skins. But now, we don't know what's the difference between them and a Blood Elf or a High Elf if they are fair skinned. Are they just High Elves, Blood Elves that control the void and therefore have different racials, as something that anyone can learn, even, let's say, a Gnome? Or are they mutated -genetically altered- High Elves or Blood Elves but less affected by the void than the ones with blue-ish skins? If not, what's the difference between a purple skinned one and a fair skinned one? How do they become a Void Elf and what makes them a Void Elf and not a Blood Elf or a High Elf? Alleria's process to become a "Void Elf" -does she ever call that herself?- is different to the one the playable Void Elves suffer, basically because they don't absorb any Naaru.

I mean, if they just give all the customization options that Blood Elves have to the Void Elves -and that's something that a lot of people here is asking for- then it would be unfair to the Blood Elves, as they will lose their uniqueness and receive nothing from the Void Elves. In any case, we still don't know what Void Elves will get in the end -apart from the fair skin tones and the eye color- so this is all speculation. If they decided to give blonde hair to the Void Elves, then it would have been easier to make "Alliance High Elves" an allied race and not Void Elves. Imho, they shouldn't get blonde hair options, and keep the blue, purple, black, grey and white. Because if not, they'll be Blood Elves but with more customization options, which will be unfair first for the Blood Elves and second for the rest of the races.
    Felt like addressing the bolded specifically.

For your first point we know that when Alleria uses her void powers she becomes all spooky, Velves have the same exact thing with their entropic embrace racial, in fact Blizzard went out of their way to make their racial more closely resemble Alleria's, which proves that its Blizzard's intent that Alleria represents Void Elves in their entirety.

Not all Elves are created equal, so it makes sense that some would retain their human skin tones and others wouldn't I don't really feel as though its a significant issue.

As for your second point, I've been keeping up with this thread for awhile and I don't see most people asking for Velves to be a carbon copy. Asking for actual variety in hairstyles and facial hair doesn't really count considering its something every race should have. It just happens to line up with Belves because they have the same model.

If there are people asking for extreme stuff which I'm sure there are, it doesn't really discredit the pro-helf group as a whole. I like Helves and I want Blood Elves to be deleted and the Horde to be disbanded, but you wouldn't say that Helf players are asking for either of those would you? Same applies here.
    Last edited by Sharby; 2020-06-07 at 08:27 PM.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Once again, you are wrong. They have different allegiances. They had different ways to deal with the magic withdrawal when the Sunwell was corrupted. Their culture can be argued to have become differentiated due to their status as exiles.
    So... if the differences are their allegiances and their "culture" -whatever it is understood for that nowadays-... how do you call the Pandaren? Just Pandaren or do you really differentiate them and call them Huojin or Tushui? Be honest. I bet most of the people here don't even know those names.

- - - Updated - - -

Felt like addressing the bolded specifically.
    For your first point we know that when Alleria uses her void powers she becomes all spooky, Velves have the same exact thing with their entropic embrace racial, in fact Blizzard went out of their way to make their racial more closely resemble Alleria's, which proves that its Blizzard's intent that Alleria represents Void Elves in their entirety.

Not all Elves are created equal, so it makes sense that some would retain their human skin tones and others wouldn't I don't really feel as though its a significant issue.
    Still, I'd like to know what makes a Void Elf a Void Elf, and what makes them a different race. I don't think it is a complex question. You obviously don't have the answer, but that's Blizzard's job to do, sure, and they seem to be changing it without explaining it so far.

As for your second point, I've been keeping up with this thread for awhile and I don't see most people asking for Velves to be a carbon copy. Asking for actual variety in hairstyles and facial hair doesn't really count considering its something every race should have. It just happens to line up with Belves because they have the same model.

If there are people asking for extreme stuff which I'm sure there are, it doesn't really discredit the pro-helf group as a whole. I like Helves and I want Blood Elves to be deleted and the Horde to be disbanded, but you wouldn't say that Helf players are asking for either of those would you? Same applies here.
    Come on, if you have followed this threat, which I know you did as I followed it too, you'd know there's a lot of people taking this like a "fight" and wanting all the Blood Elves customization options to be given to the Void Elves just for the sake of seeing Blood Elf fans or Horde fans getting "mad". I didn't say that every High Elf fan wants that, but there are quite a lot of people here and you know there are. If Void Elves and Blood Elves have different hairstyles, facial hair and jewelry, that's fair even if they get the fair skin. But getting all the Blood Elves customization or their characteristic blonde hair would be unfair.

5+ Year Old Account
    So... if the differences are their allegiances and their "culture" -whatever it is understood for that nowadays-... how do you call the Pandaren? Just Pandaren or do you really differentiate them and call them Huojin or Tushui? Be honest. I bet most of the people here don't even know those names.

- - - Updated - - -

Still, I'd like to know what makes a Void Elf a Void Elf, and what makes them a different race. I don't think it is a complex question. You obviously don't have the answer, but that's Blizzard's job to do, sure, and they seem to be changing it without explaining it so far.

Come on, if you have followed this threat, which I know you did as I followed it too, you'd know there's a lot of people taking this like a "fight" and wanting all the Blood Elves customization options to be given to the Void Elves just for the sake of seeing Blood Elf fans or Horde fans getting "mad". I didn't say that every High Elf fan wants that, but there are quite a lot of people here and you know there are. If Void Elves and Blood Elves have different hairstyles, facial hair and jewelry, that's fair even if they get the fair skin. But getting all the Blood Elves customization or their characteristic blonde hair would be unfair.
    Well, taken from the Wiki:

Void elves (or ren'dorei, "children of the Void" in Thalassian)[1] are a race of Void-infused elves affiliated with the Alliance. Their origins lie with a group of blood elves led by Magister Umbric who were exiled from Silvermoon City because of their research into the Void. They were transformed by void ethereals but rescued by Alleria Windrunner, who had gained mastery of the Void herself on Argus. Permanently transformed by the process, they pledged their loyalty to her and the Alliance and established themselves as the ren'dorei.

As we can see, there already is a definition as to what a Velf is, and note how it doesn't say a race of void-infused Blood Elves, but instead suggests all Thalassian elves can be velves, so these new human tones don't affect that. Nor is the lore changed because High Elves can be Velves.

Sure realistically other races can be void-infused, but that isn't a relevant counter-point because there are plenty of unquestioned instances of this type of thing existing, why can humans become Worgen but gnomes can't? Why can Lightforged be Death Knights? Etc etc.

At some point you just have to accept what Blizzard's intent is with their content and move on, it doesn't need to be scrutinized to death because otherwise it would be real impractical for Blizzard to try and keep up.

And there are plenty of people on the opposite end that try and rain on people's parade just because they don't like Alliance players. But it doesn't matter because its not reflective of any majority, nor does it contribute anything to intelligent discussion to try and bring up (in my opinion.)

Blonde hair isn't really characteristic to Belves imo, I consider their green eyes to be most characteristic. Which Velves aren't getting. So there's no problem there for me. We already know that Allied races are severely limited as far as customization goes, so there's nothing unreasonable about wanting Velves to get their fair share of options. And like I said the only reason Belves are even included in that request is because they share the same model. I doubt Velf or Helf fans would care about Belves if they had differing models.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Isn't that why the antis were busy pushing for blue eyes on Blood Elves though? They took it as a "fight" and told themselves that if blue went to BE that would make Alliance HE impossible. They never really cared about the blue eyes at all though, it was all disingenuous to win their "fight" which is why when given the blue eyes they complained that they got nothing in return for Void Elves getting HE skins.

Blizzard decided to just compromise and give HE to both, which means the blue eye request totally backfired in ironic karmic fashion.

In fact, it is pretty much "idiotic" -in the original sense and meaning of the word- as you and many others are only caring about your private and egocentric desires in this subject... wanting something that will take -or copy- a big part of the uniqueness of one of the Horde core races (the most played, in fact). And the whole problem is mainly, as it's been proved in this threat this last weeks, about wanting the looks of said race. So, looking at the big picture, having most of the characteristics of the Blood Elves copied on another races, will not only make one of the most played races less unique, but also encourage people to ask for other races to lose their uniqueness to other races -like with the Nightborne-Night Elf thing-, with the now possible outcome of making all of them less singular and very similar, watering down the differences between different races.
    That ship has sailed a long time ago, with the inclusion of void elves and nightborne.

And funny how you don't feel hypocritical in the slightest by calling the high-elf supporters "egocentric", when the root of your complains stem from very much "egocentric desires": the "uniqueness" argument.

- - - Updated - - -

You could argue a loss of uniqueness but its a very weak con compared to the massive pros that are had from this. Blood elf players will continue to play Blood Elves, and now people who enjoy Alliance high elves can enjoy them on the Alliance without feeling like they have to play Horde.

Its a win.
    Not to mention, the "uniqueness" argument is pretty much, in his own words, an "egocentric desire".

- - - Updated - - -

Unlike the blood elves, I don't think either pandaren group has decided to call themselves a different name, now have they?

That ship has sailed a long time ago, with the inclusion of void elves and nightborne.

And funny how you don't feel hypocritical in the slightest by calling the high-elf supporters "egocentric", when the root of your complains stem from very much "egocentric desires": the "uniqueness" argument.
    Haha, you are misinterpreting my words lad. When did I call the "high-elf supporters "egocentric""? Point me the post where I said EXACTLY that. If you can't, you are a liar. I pointed that some of you are behaving in an idiotic way, thus in an egocentric way -not just being egoistic, which is perfectly natural-.

I am in the middle of this "fight" of yours, as I explained. I bet on fairness. I think both groups deserve being listened. I don't even play Blood Elves or Void Elves. It is good that people who wanted to play a fair skinned elves in the Alliance can now play them, but I can empathize and understand that the people that play Blood Elves feel like they're are receiving the short end of the stick in this case, because they are losing part the identity of their race, and even more if Void Elves get the blonde hair and all the customization options of the Blood Elves, which some of you are asking for in some kind of "revenge" crusade just to see the "anti high-elf" people get mad. You probably thinking that I am an "anti-helfer", and I can tell you I am not.

It is pretty easy: you got different races in this game; why are they different? Easy and trivial answer, right? Because of their differences. If you take those characteristics that make those races different and give them to other races, they lose their uniqueness. They become the same. What's the point in having different races then? Also, nothing about being egocentric here. It's just an opinion based on facts and logical thinking. I know Void Elves and Blood Elves share their model, but they used to look at least different. As Nightborne and Night Elves do, with the difference that they don't look that much like each other.

Unlike the blood elves, I don't think either pandaren group has decided to call themselves a different name, now have they?
    Well, yes, they do? Huojin Pandaren and Tushui Pandaren, just as the High Elves and the Blood Elves. Same race, different culture, different name made by differentiated affix.

Haha, you are misinterpreting my words lad. When did I call the "high-elf supporters "egocentric""? Point me the post where I said EXACTLY that. If you can't, you are a liar. I pointed that some of you are behaving in an idiotic way, thus in an egocentric way -not just being egoistic, which is perfectly natural-.
    Why should I have to point you out to the post, when you do it again, right there? By calling the way they behave "egocentric", you're calling them "egocentric".

Well, yes, they do? Huojin Pandaren and Tushui Pandaren, just as the High Elves and the Blood Elves.
    Not the same thing. Their race is still called pandaren. They're just different factions. Just like Stormwind Humans and Gilneas humans. Both are still humans and call themselves humans. But the blood elves rebranded their race as "blood elves". The current high elves simply reject that notion and decided to retain the name "high elf".

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I love that concept!

I'd also like to see a few human hairstyles and colors shared with Void Elves both for variety and to add options for a more High Elf aesthetic:

I like these options; overall, I like the idea of Void Elves -if they have more human like hair colors- having less shiny, more muted tones (personally I'd just change the grey for white, since two VE colors are already pretty white)

As for the hairstyles, also agree: ALL allied races need more hairstyles, and I DO think a quick way to bring them up to snuff is to add hairstyles of a parent race. With VE and NB this becomes an issue of faction identity to a degree, but that could be solved by using analogues of those cultures within the same faction; NB get Blood Elven hairstyles and VE get Human Hairstyles; They are arguably the closest culture wise for each, kinda obvious for NB/BE, and for VE/Human you can make the argument for it if we get the explanation that a lot of new VE's come from HE origin, and as we already know, HE's have been pointed out as being assimilated into the alliance.

Yea, High Elves having assimilated into human society and now potentially joining the Ren'dorei is why I went with Human hairstyles, along with just the general aesthetic appeal.

I do wish Void Elves had a really stark white hair option. The two they have isn't really white at all... they are nearly identical grey tones. It's easier to tell that with the new skin tone options.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2020-06-07 at 10:14 PM.

Yea, High Elves having assimilated into human society and now potentially joining the Ren'dorei is why I went with Human hairstyles, along with just the general aesthetic appeal.

I do wish Void Elves had a really stark white hair option. The two they have isn't really white at all... they are nearly identical grey tones. It's easier to tell that with the new skin tone options.
    I think that might be the thing I dislike more about VE's: in both hair and skin options, 2-3 are entirely superflous. The illusion of more options indeed. Void Elves are the only race not to have white hair, which is just such a baffling choice when:

-Every other non-furry race has white hair.

-The first Void Elf has white hair.

There are just so many baffling design choices with Void Elves, but what will continue to be the weirdest one that neither on her regular, nor fully void forms, you can look like the original Void Elf. It's so palpable they wanted to make VE's "different" from BE's, but they did it so on the laziest way possible. And yeh, LFD also fall into that.

We might not get new hair colors or hairstyles soon, but I do believe we will get them when the rest of the AR's get updated, which sadly could take a LONG ASS time (just look at Worgen and Goblin models and how long it took to update them compared to the rest :/)

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Blizzard have also never said "No you're not getting High Elves!" despite that one dude stating so

Besides if you wanna be pedantic about it, that's on you. The majority of people understand these are High Elves

"LINKS"

Again, a person can go ahead and be pedantic about it, but the majority of the playerbase understands these customizations are High Elves.

Just like slapping tattoos onto the Bronzebeard Dwarves are letting people play Wildhammer Dwarves.
    So just to be clear : Blizzard referred to this as customization for void elves, but because they also didn't say they weren't high elves, while directly calling them void elves, that means your statement is somehow not nonfactual? OOOOk.

And also, how is calling you out for making false claims about what people said being pedantic?
    Blizzard did not say and has never said "you're getting High Elves!". You said they did. I'm noting you're stating falsehoods.
    "Pedantic".

Be excited for your new customizations. But don't say false things and call people pedantic when they note it.
    Also, maybe don't defend outright falsehoods by saying "but the opposite of what I claimed also wasn't stated".
    Last edited by Villager720; 2020-06-07 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    I think that might be the thing I dislike more about VE's: in both hair and skin options, 2-3 are entirely superflous. The illusion of more options indeed. Void Elves are the only race not to have white hair, which is just such a baffling choice when:

-Every other non-furry race has white hair.

-The first Void Elf has white hair.

There are just so many baffling design choices with Void Elves, but what will continue to be the weirdest one that neither on her regular, nor fully void forms, you can look like the original Void Elf. It's so palpable they wanted to make VE's "different" from BE's, but they did it so on the laziest way possible. And yeh, LFD also fall into that.

We might not get new hair colors or hairstyles soon, but I do believe we will get them when the rest of the AR's get updated, which sadly could take a LONG ASS time (just look at Worgen and Goblin models and how long it took to update them compared to the rest :/)
    I'm hopeful that even if we don't get any new hairstyles or colors along with the new skin options, that allied races won't have to wait nearly as long as Worgen and Goblins did for additional options. I'd even go so far as to say I'd expect to see allied races that can reasonably use their parent race's new options get access to those options either at launch or in 9.1 or 9.2 the latest.

Nightborne need a lot of love though, and unfortunately also need more work than just inheriting options from Night Elves. Though I think inheriting some, if not all, Night Elf skin options is a possibility for them.

But yea, the 4 skin tones that look virtually the same and 2 different hair colors have a nearly identical color do artificially inflate how many options really exist.

I mean... really? These are supposed to be 4 different options? The differences are so minuscule as to be laughable.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2020-06-07 at 10:52 PM.

Well, taken from the Wiki:

Void elves (or ren'dorei, "children of the Void" in Thalassian)[1] are a race of Void-infused elves affiliated with the Alliance. Their origins lie with a group of blood elves led by Magister Umbric who were exiled from Silvermoon City because of their research into the Void. They were transformed by void ethereals but rescued by Alleria Windrunner, who had gained mastery of the Void herself on Argus. Permanently transformed by the process, they pledged their loyalty to her and the Alliance and established themselves as the ren'dorei.

As we can see, there already is a definition as to what a Velf is, and note how it doesn't say a race of void-infused Blood Elves, but instead suggests all Thalassian elves can be velves, so these new human tones don't affect that. Nor is the lore changed because High Elves can be Velves.

At some point you just have to accept what Blizzard's intent is with their content and move on, it doesn't need to be scrutinized to death because otherwise it would be real impractical for Blizzard to try and keep up.
    Yeah, I know that definition, but that applies to the old/actual Void Elves; it was clear they had been transformed by the void, making them different biologically speaking, in a genetic-way; they were no longer Blood Elves or High Elves. Thus the different pigmentation. But in the near future, as they will be able to keep their original fair skin, the question still unanswered is if they're transformed biologically but can change their appearance to look "normal" -like Alleria does- or if they just manage to control the void. I just would like to know because I am a curious person and like knowing the lore, nothing more. And I hope we agree that if they define something as X, then they should be consistent on that definition, right?
    Blonde hair isn't really characteristic to Belves imo, I consider their green eyes to be most characteristic. Which Velves aren't getting. So there's no problem there for me. We already know that Allied races are severely limited as far as customization goes, so there's nothing unreasonable about wanting Velves to get their fair share of options. And like I said the only reason Belves are even included in that request is because they share the same model. I doubt Velf or Helf fans would care about Belves if they had differing models.
    No, no, I didn't say blonde hair is THE most iconic characteristic of the Blood Elves, but it is clearly one of them, just as they green eyes. I have seen in this very threat people asking also for the green eyes to become an option for the Void Elves... And sure, every Allied race could get more customization, but the only one getting attention at the moment are the Void Elves. And they already have more customization options in total than let's say Kul Tiran. So, why should they get even more options and before them -if they get those options with the release of shadowlands-? That would be unfair for the other races.

- - - Updated - - -

Why should I have to point you out to the post, when you do it again, right there? By calling the way they behave "egocentric", you're calling them "egocentric".
    You are too dense. I never talk in absolute terms, that's why you are lying. I didn't generalize and extent that behavior to what you call "high-elf supporters", I didn't even use that term. I talked about the people wanting all the customization options of the Blood Elves to be given to the Void Elves, which doesn't mean every "high-elf supporter". And those are idiots in the original meaning of the word, and that goes by definition, it is not an opinion. So, just read properly next time before accusing anyone of anything, please.

Not the same thing. Their race is still called pandaren. They're just different factions. Just like Stormwind Humans and Gilneas humans. Both are still humans and call themselves humans. But the blood elves rebranded their race as "blood elves". The current high elves simply reject that notion and decided to retain the name "high elf".
    Same thing (same race, in this videogame's meaning), different names. It doesn't matter that they call themselves in a different way, they will still be the same thing. So, it is analog to the Huojin and Tushui Pandaren situation; reason behind the different naming: wanting to differentiate themselves because of their faction while being the same thing in racial terms. Another thing would happen with the Void Elves, as they are said to be "transformed" by the void, ergo, different race.

You are too dense. I never talk in absolute terms, that's why you are lying. I didn't generalize and extent that behavior to what you call "high-elf supporters", I didn't even use that term. I talked about the people wanting all the customization options of the Blood Elves to be given to the Void Elves, which doesn't mean every "high-elf supporter". And those are idiots in the original meaning of the word, and that goes by definition, it is not an opinion. So, just read properly next time before accusing anyone of anything, please.
    Really? Is there even a single person that wants that? Someone who wants "all of the blood elf customization options of the blood elves to be given to the void elves"?

Same thing (same race, in this videogame's meaning), different names. It doesn't matter that they call themselves in a different way, they will still be the same thing. So, it is analog to the Huojin and Tushui Pandaren situation; reason behind the different naming: wanting to differentiate themselves because of their faction while being the same thing in racial terms. Another thing would happen with the Void Elves, as they are said to be "transformed" by the void, ergo, different race.
    Not the same thing. Playable race names come from lore. Lore explains that most of the survivors from the attack on the Sunwell rebranded themselves as "blood elves", while a smaller group, who refused to follow Kael'thas' decisions and therefore were banished from Silvermoon, held onto the name "high elves". They did not brand 'their group' as high elf or blood elves. They branded their race.

The pandaren? They never did such thing.

I'm hopeful that even if we don't get any new hairstyles or colors along with the new skin options, that allied races won't have to wait nearly as long as Worgen and Goblins did for additional options. I'd even go so far as to say I'd expect to see allied races that can reasonably use their parent race's new options get access to those options either at launch or in 9.1 or 9.2 the latest.

Nightborne need a lot of love though, and unfortunately also need more work than just inheriting options from Night Elves. Though I think inheriting some, if not all, Night Elf skin options is a possibility for them.

But yea, the 4 skin tones that look virtually the same and 2 different hair colors have a nearly identical color do artificially inflate how many options really exist.

I mean... really? These are supposed to be 4 different options? The differences are so minuscule as to be laughable.
    Oh jebus! when you put the two farthest away by themselves you kinda can see the difference between pink and blue undertone, but all 4 together really blurs them together. But yeah, when the differences between 2 options is "undertone" it's already risible, but they are... 4. So wild

And hair color, two of the hair colors are basically the same to others, not even a shade in difference, and the other four are a spectrum between 2 colors. TBH, VE and LFD are the races with the most limited look overall, but LFD get a pass from most people because they just feel like extra options for regular draenei. VE and NB really feel way more limited because they are "cross faction"

I've always said that Nightborne, for all their flaws, actually have 3 skin tones that are very distinct, and IMO it's better to have less options that are actually different, instead of more options that barely differ.

Really? Is there even a single person that wants that? Someone who wants "all of the blood elf customization options of the blood elves to be given to the void elves"?
    You perfectly know there are people wanting that in this threat and who have posted those desires right here.

Not the same thing. Playable race names come from lore. Lore explains that most of the survivors from the attack on the Sunwell rebranded themselves as "blood elves", while a smaller group, who refused to follow Kael'thas' decisions and therefore were banished from Silvermoon, held onto the name "high elves". They did not brand 'their group' as high elf or blood elves. They branded their race.

The pandaren? They never did such thing.
    All that doesn't matter. The point here is that they are still the same race, and there's no point in arguing that. They even kept the "Elf" part of the name, because they are the same race. The Huojin and Tushui Pandaren are also the same race. They are called Huojin or Tushui Pandaren because they want to differentiate themselves from each other, as they are the same thing in racial terms. This same thing happens with High Elves and Blood Elves. They call themselves differently but, want it or not, they are the same race. As in the Pandaren case, they only thing that changes is their factions and their culture (in just some aspects), but they're, basically, the same thing. So you talk about High Elves and Blood Elves when they are the same race but in different factions, but you don't do the same for Pandaren, when it is basically the same case.

You perfectly know there are people wanting that in this threat and who have posted those desires right here.
    No. I do not. And I asked you to show me examples of people making that request.

All that doesn't matter. The point here is that they are still the same race, and there's no point in arguing that. They even kept the "Elf" part of the name, because they are the same race. The Huojin and Tushui Pandaren are also the same race.
    Your whole contention for this is "how do we call the pandaren?" and I've already answered your question: unlike the blood elves, the pandaren did not rebrand themselves. Everything else is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Why are you still arguing over an issue that is settled?
    There's people arguing who's the "truer" high elf because of bluer eyes. Reminds me of that episode of Fairly Odd Parents, where everyone is turned into identical grey blobs, but there's two people arguing that they are greyer and blobbier, therefor are better than the other grey blobs.

I mean, I dont know why people would want to play a Horde High Elf, and ignore the identity the Blood Elves have built up for themselves after the divergence from their cousins. (But we have writers who un-ironically had Night Elves join the Horde 5 minutes after being mass murdered by them. So whatever.) In any case, like Wildhammer Dwarves and Forest Trolls, they arent those actual races, just the fantasy for players to RP as.