I guess they could give blood elves void elf eyes and void elves blood elf skin color.

With the new race options being added do you think Blue eyes etc. will be available?

Are you willing to roll horde if you can have all the customization of a HE?

No again Ion already said no, factions arnt going anywhere and they don't want to dilute faction identity.
    And? They already indicated they might be open to giving void elves high elf like customization. Void elves have blue eyes and the same model. If they give blood elves blue eyes, there goes your precious faction separation even more.

So yeah, there would be a double standard that would need to be addressed. They could give void elves green eyes I guess considering they are former blood elves. Or they can give both sides what they want. Blood elves would still be Blood elves and Void elves would still be Void elves. They would just have similar optional customization. Anyways, it will hardly even matter as void elf dks will be almost indistinguishable from Belf dks using the pale skin color.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Let's keep real-world racial politics out this thread - focus on the subject of the thread, High Elves and their offshoots and their role in the fictional game setting.

- - - Updated - - -

The OG races are getting expanded customization first (e.g. Humans, Orcs, Dwarves, Trolls, Blood Elves, Draenei, etc. etc.) The Allied Races introduced in Legion and BfA aren't getting them immediately in Shadowlands, but probably will get new options at a later time/content patch.
    Judging by how popular void elves are, I wouldn't be surprised if they were High on the list. Oh, and the problems with the nightbourne.
    Last edited by delus; 2019-11-05 at 11:50 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Judging by how popular void elves are, I wouldn't be surprised if they were High on the list. Oh, and the problems with the nightbourne.
    Woah, you know what. You’re onto something here.

We see them saying that they’ve already got like 40+ customizations coming to Blood Elves and obviously because they’re the most popular race in the game and horde side.

And people keep touting about how popular Void Elves are as an Allied Race and shooting up the 4th most in BFA.

I expect Void Elves getting more popular once they can become DKs as well.

So, being that the most popular race overall is getting a lot of customization.

And Void Elves are the most popular Allied Race. We can expect a lot of customization for them when they give expanded looks to Allied Races!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    If by “roll Horde” you mean am I willing to roll a Horde character that can experience any Horde exclusive content then stay parked purgatory until needed again while I spend 99% of my time on Alliance where all my friends/guilds are?

Well then yes

EDIT: Currently do this with a Hordie to unlock the Horde AR. I love having options for races.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    With the new race options being added do you think Blue eyes etc. will be available?

The request is for something from the Alliance to be made playable on well... The Alliance...

I don't think so. That's too shallow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Woah, you know what. You’re onto something here.

We see them saying that they’ve already got like 40+ customizations coming to Blood Elves and obviously because they’re the most popular race in the game and horde side.

And people keep touting about how popular Void Elves are as an Allied Race and shooting up the 4th most in BFA.

I expect Void Elves getting more popular once they can become DKs as well.

So, being that the most popular race overall is getting a lot of customization.

And Void Elves are the most popular Allied Race. We can expect a lot of customization for them when they give expanded looks to Allied Races!
    When the time comes for ARs to receive additional customizations (though likely several years away) I'm sure void elves will have plenty of additional void themed customozation options for you and others to choose from. I'm guessing new hair styles, jewellery, void tattoos will comprise the additional options that void elves may see in future years. Fair skin options won't happen as that'll just effectively make them blood elves (aka horde high elves), and I don't see Blizzard taking away from the distinction that ARs have to their parent races.
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    Fair skin options won't happen as that'll just effectively make them blood elves (aka horde high elves), and I don't see Blizzard taking away from the distinction that ARs have to their parent races.
    We'll have to see. But that dark skin Blood Elves are apparently coming means Blizzard doesn't seem to care about the latter part of your sentence. They're not trying to be "lore appropriate" here with the choices.

Ion said, "the idea here is to give more options than ever before so that you can actually look and feel like you want to feel, and different from the others around you that play the exact same race."

He prefaced the whole Character Customization section of the What's Next panel with that statement. That last bit is important, because it means that with things like Desert and Dark Trolls coming, you're no longer 'just another blue troll'. Hence why (as said, apparently) Blood Elves are getting dark skin tones. So that you're not 'just another fair skin elf'.

And people are already (and rightfully so) wanting this increased variety of options for their Allied Races that they love. Nobody is out there saying "no don't add Dark Skin to Blood Elves, that doesn't make them a Blood Elf!" and no one is saying "Why are they adding Desert Trolls who don't look blue to Darkspear customization?!"

Frankly, because the entire idea is just, as Ion said, increasing options. They're not trying to save a specific aesthetic - this is clear with the examples they've already shown.

And the most amazing part about it is, this is just the beginning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep on asking some high elf costumizations folks. We will get them in the end
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    And? They already indicated they might be open to giving void elves high elf like customization. Void elves have blue eyes and the same model. If they give blood elves blue eyes, there goes your precious faction separation even more.

So yeah, there would be a double standard that would need to be addressed. They could give void elves green eyes I guess considering they are former blood elves. Or they can give both sides what they want. Blood elves would still be Blood elves and Void elves would still be Void elves. They would just have similar optional customization. Anyways, it will hardly even matter as void elf dks will be almost indistinguishable from Belf dks using the pale skin color.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. Blizzard has the databases. They know how popular void Elves are. I'm pretty sure blondish hair is coming
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity River View Post
    But it's not what you want is it?! It's still a Void Elf / Blood elf.
    With Blizzard they always give less than you ask. So you must always for the world.

Like Wildhammer, loads wanted that as an Allied Race. Loads are okay with it coming as customization, because it's a Wildhammer Dwarf on the Alliance. Same for Desert, Dark, Blood, and presumbly Forest Trolls (I bet these green trolls will also come in Darkspear customization).

I'm gonna keep asking for my Alliance High Elves like the Silver Covenant/Alleria.

With Blizzard you don't have to expect the use of logic to implement mechanics and modifications to the game. A perfect example of this is the use of the word ''race '' to encompass the terms ''races '' and ''species ''.
    Under these terms, they could put Asian humans as a playable ''race'' apart from the humans of stormwind.
    The same can be with high elves being added as playable race apart from the blood elves

15+ Year Old Account
    But it's not what you want is it?! It's still a Void Elf / Blood elf.
    I would be totally fine with blonde void shades for void elf hair. Really
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

I honestly highly doubt that at this point, High elves wont ever happen, just bite the bullet and roll Horde like Ion told us too.
    Never, for it wouldn't serve it's purpose. Blood Elves aren't and won't ever be High Elves again. Never.

if he wanted people to stop calling for High Elves, he should have gave them to the Alliance, instead of half-assing it with Void Elves.

Because I see everyone and there mother saying that we'll get more Voidy looks for VE and I wonder if those saying that actually play them. Because it's common knowledge that VE players want less Voidy stuff as customization options, not more. It'd be like adding Wretched looks to BE. nobody wants that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    Never, for it wouldn't serve it's purpose. Blood Elves aren't and won't ever be High Elves again. Never.

if he wanted people to stop calling for High Elves, he should have gave them to the Alliance, instead of half-assing it with Void Elves.

Because I see everyone and there mother saying that we'll get more Voidy looks for VE and I wonder if those saying that actually play them. Because it's common knowledge that VE players want less Voidy stuff as customization options, not more. It'd be like adding Wretched looks to BE. nobody wants that.
    I actually want that.... (As long as its like the arts of the Wretched not how they look in game)

That aside, is just me, or the addition to Kaelthas in this expansion is going to affect the Blood Elf and High Elf somehow? i feel like he's going to be revived for him to "solve his biggest failure", diving his people (i mean... HE was the one who created the new name and outlook of the Blood Elves)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I actually want that.... (As long as its like the arts of the Wretched not how they look in game)

That aside, is just me, or the addition to Kaelthas in this expansion is going to affect the Blood Elf and High Elf somehow? i feel like he's going to be revived for him to "solve his biggest failure", diving his people (i mean... HE was the one who created the new name and outlook of the Blood Elves)
    Maybe he could become the new HE race leader

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignaz View Post
    I doubt he would do something like that, i mean... he created the BEs, so i see no reason for him to join the other side now, though i could see him trying to reunite his people under one banner.

Note In TRY to

Quote Originally Posted by Ignaz View Post
    The guy who changed their names to blood elves, introduced fel-siphoning, sided with the Burning Legion to usher Kil’jaeden into Azeroth, and was literally kept alive by a fel-crystal through his chest ... is going to be a candidate for high elven leadership?

Wut.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    The guy who changed their names to blood elves, introduced fel-siphoning, sided with the Burning Legion to usher Kil’jaeden into Azeroth, and was literally kept alive by a fel-crystal through his chest ... is going to be a candidate for high elven leadership?

Wut.
    I already said it. Blizzard logic is not the best.
    Also, judging by the nature and purpose of the place where he will be confined, it may make some sense.

It could be an incentive for all HE to join under the same banner

7+ Year Old Account
    Just it's a shame Blizz have already confirmed that only the OG races are getting updates and the AR's arnt being looked into yet if at all.
    This isn't that much different than when almost every race in WoD got their customizations at launch but there was a hold off on Blood Elves.

Or, to take it even further -> Worgen and Goblins.

Also from the sounds of things (40+ just for Blood Elves alone), it seems like there's going to be a LOT of choices for every single original race.

Watch, I bet that Night Elves will get customization that will allow them to look more Highborne if they wanted it too. Face markings for males, not just females. Hopefully interchangeable silver/gold eye color and even antlers if possible.

The Elven customizations are what I'm looking forward to most. Buuuuut, with Draenei in particular. They said you'd even be able to change the size of your tail...so makes me wonder if we could get less bulky looking male Draenei (lol). It's a dream though, but I'm excited overall for the options.

"Blood elves are our high elves" - Chris Metzen

High elves have been playable since TBC, not much he can do about people not accepting that. It is what it is.

Makes sense that VOID elves would get more VOIDY looks when they do eventually get more customization options. Why would Blizzard give them light skin options? That'd make them more blood elf... It's like asking for DID to receive lighter skin options so they can be more like regular dwarves. If you want to play a light skinned thalassian elf, the Horde is there waiting for you. Blood elves might receive blue eyes and tattoo options soon, so if you want that type of aesthetic then great news... it'll be available to anyone with a subscription!
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen