10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post

The likeliest result of this information is

1.)Void Elves retain the blue eye colours and they are unique to them

2.) Blood Elves retain the human range skin tones and they are unique to them.

3.) High Elves are never added as a distinct option for the Alliance.
    Oh look, another Obelisk Kai's correct interpretation of one single sentence !
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

A sense of perspective please. The thrill of being proven right on a long running topic can be fun, but this isn't the same level as 'Blood Elves are High Elves' and 'the Horde is waiting for you' and as I have mentioned, this news should have longer term implications for your goals that should worry you.

The exiles are still pretty certain to never become a distinct allied race in their own right, and Void Elves getting high elf skin tones just became a whole lot less likely. And no, just because you REALLY want Void Elves to have high elf like skin tones doesn't mean they are excluded from the same principle under which Blood Elves didn't get blue eyes.
    You might want to drop that signature now btw, since Ion's latest words makes it no longer true. Nice to have it confirmed directly from the game director that Blood Elves are in fact no longer High Elves but have evolved ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    I called it so much when I said the big win was getting the Thalassian model on the Alliance side. The biggest hump is over. Now it's far easier to get customization options to open up High Elves on the Alliance.

Ion's statements today opened it up so much more than ever before, along with the general callout from fans of how they'd love to look like their factional leader.

Very easy to create any new explanation for why the looks are obtained.
    This is the entirely opposite conclusion that what you should have drawn.

He confirmed lore matters. He confirmed popularity has no impact on whether a request go through or not, only that the lore makes sense.

Yet here you are citing a.) the 'popularity' of your request and b.) it can be actioned by creating new lore.

I'm sorry did you think he said that this only applies to the blue eyes for blood elves request and that for everyone else it's open season, lore be damned? Because if he did I missed that part.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    And although I'm not a fan of any elves, I sincerely congratulate you all. After weeks of toxicity from anti-high elves crowd, you earned the good news.
    Thank you very much!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    And although I'm not a fan of any elves, I sincerely congratulate you all. After weeks of toxicity from anti-high elves crowd, you earned the good news.
    Thanks /10char
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uthan View Post
    You might want to drop that signature now btw, since Ion's latest words makes it no longer true. Nice to have it confirmed directly from the game director that Blood Elves are in fact no longer High Elves but have evolved ^^
    No, he said Blood Elves have evolved away from blue eyes, not that they have evolved away from high elves. As Blood Elves are the High Elf option, that means what a High Elf is has been updated.

The exiles who claim the moniker do not have the right to define their race due to their vanishingly low numbers.
    Besides, the exiles are hooked up to the same Sunwell turning Blood Elf eyes golden. In time, they too will lose the blue eyes (if any of them remain).

Blue eyes it seems belong to the Void Elves.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2020-04-28 at 06:32 PM.

I am delighted that the 2 options (blue eyes and farstrider tattoo) which defines the high-elf side of Alleria are kept in the alliance.

A new generation of void elf will be recruited, with a safer method and master this time.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry did you think he said that this only applies to the blue eyes for blood elves request and that for everyone else it's open season, lore be damned? Because if he did I missed that part.
    This image now becomes so much more true. "They won't be in bfa but that doesn't mean they won't be in wow ever"

No, he said Blood Elves have evolved away from blue eyes, not that they have evolved away from high elves. As Blood Elves are the High Elf option, that means what a High Elf is has been updated.

The exiles who claim the moniker do not have the right to define their race due to their vanishingly low numbers.
    I could've sworn you were repeating for the last 800 pages that the only thing that makes high elves different from blood elves are their blue eyes. Now it turns out blue eyes =/= high elves?
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    I am delighted that the 2 options (blue eyes and farstrider tattoo) which defines the high-elf side of Alleria are kept in the alliance.

A new generation of void elf will be recruited, with a safer method and master this time.
    This has already begun with the blood & high elf from Telogrus Rift. We'll get our high elves. Soon or later buddy

man it really is the thread of false hopes that blue eyes mean so much to your "crusade"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    But dear Obelisk, where did Blizz ever say that void elves "evolved away from their human forms"? Are you trying to say that Alleria is actually the one who went through the imperfect transformation? Because she certainly didn't evolve beyond her "human form".
    Given they aren't human they didn't have human forms to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I could've sworn you were repeating for the last 800 pages that the only thing that makes high elves different from blood elves are their blue eyes. Now it turns out blue eyes =/= high elves?
    No, I've said the only thing that differentiates a Blood Elf and an exile is a political opinion. I've often said blue eyes are merely an eye colour that would be nice to have and that the pro High Elfer empahsis on it was evidence of how shallow their cause actually was if all that can be said in terms of physical differences is an eye colour.

An eye colour they are fated to lose also. The Sunwell will see to that.

Given they aren't human they didn't have human forms to begin with.
    You said "human range skin tones", so by "human" I was obv referring to that. Bruh moment.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    This image now becomes so much more true. "They won't be in bfa but that doesn't mean they won't be in wow ever"

Again, no record of the conversation so we don't know what was said.

Again, the person reporting the information was a pro High Elfer and so maybe putting an unconscious spin on things.

Again, that is about adding High Elves as an allied race, not Void Elf customisations to be a pretend high elf.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, the person reporting the information was a pro High Elfer and so maybe putting an unconscious spin on things.

Again, that is about adding High Elves as an allied race, not Void Elf customisations to be a pretend high elf.
    And again, he was restating what he said earlier that year but nicely.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uthan View Post
    I agree on the signature drop, seeing as Horde won't have blue eyes elves it makes no sense anymore. But yknow everyone's open to their own prerogative.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree on the signature drop, seeing as Horde won't have blue eyes elves it makes no sense anymore. But yknow everyone's open to their own prerogative.
    Yea agree. This signature is outdated now.

Thank you very much!
    Yeah, good for you guys. Pretty sure they were making that option for options sake, but it seems they do care a bit about lore, acknowledging that there are blue eyed High Elves(not Void Elves who are former Blood Elf)that are Alliance aligned and want to keep a cosmetic difference as well, no matter how little it is. In the bigger context it's still important even in blizzards eyes to keep them different. Good for Blood Elves as well. Wouldn't feel 100% right to have blue eyes when thats not their identity. Though red eyes would be much appreciated!

And good on those whos been in you guys faces lately trying to rub it in. Now, just don't fall into the same trap

And just to add my opinion of it all: Void Elves<----------All other elves!
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-04-28 at 06:47 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    The same thing occurred with us hearing about dark skin on Blood Elves. It was from a Twitter post where it said "I heard from a friend on the floor that dark skin Blood Elves are coming" and while it may be datamining still, that appears to have been true.

So what's your point here?

Like I said, they would never let High Elves get in the way of freshly released Void Elves - the focus was 'hey look at these guys we just came out with'.

And the focus atm now is on the traditional races as Ion said. But he also said character customization isn't ever going to end and is an ongoing process as they want people to have lots of different options to express themselves.

And while it may not be on their priority list right now, High Elf request is going to stay the most stark request until it's granted. It really is just a matter of time now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Yeah, good for you guys. Pretty sure they were making that option for options sake, but it seems they do care a bit about lore, acknowledging that there are blue eyed High Elves(not Void Elves who are former Blood Elf)that are Alliance aligned and want to keep a cosmetic difference as well, no matter how little it is. In the bigger context it's still important even in blizzards eyes to keep them different. Good for Blood Elves as well. Wouldn't feel 100% right to have blue eyes when thats not their identity. Though red eyes would be much appreciated!

And good on those whos been in you guys faces lately trying to rub it in. Now, just don't fall into the same trap
    The bold is perfect, and I'm glad that you - who stans Blood Elves - can also understand that!

"There are no plans for blue eyes on Blood Elves."

Welp