10+ Year Old Account
    OH.MY.FUCKIN* GOD !

We did it boys !!!

High elves are now playable ! So excited !!!
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    Only one thing needs to be taken care of:
    That auto-proc Void racial.

It's annoying to have to cancel it all the time it procs.
    Given that Void Elves are given Blood Elven underwear when they change to the fair skins, (also fucken WOOT for dark skin thank goodness - a certain Elf enthusiast artist will be happy!) we may one day be at a point where racials may become customizable!

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    With Ion stating that customization is neverending, we can be for sure that more and more customization will come. The big win here is that races which are the same (Void Elves and Blood Elves) will now share customization options, or at least most of them for the most part, with their own unique specifics of course.

This way they've solved the "race slots" issue and "too many elves" issue, by just giving more options to the existing playable races in a way that both sides can be happy!
    True, true. My guess is that this change to Void Elves (despite Blizzard claiming allied race customization changes were planned to happen after 9.0) is done now to preemptively avoid a drama. This is an easy enough addition to Void Elves and was probably planned anyway. But if they were to give Blood Elves blue eyes now and waited to give Void Elves the High Elf skintones until 9.1 or 9.2, we could all probably guess what would happen in between 9.0 and 9.1 or 9.2. It would be a huge drama fest.

So Blizzard probably fast-tracked this particular change in order to preemptively avoid drama. Actual in-depth AR customization might still arrive later, in which case I hope we get some stuff that is more on the voidcorrupted side of the spectrum. Double eyes, N'Zoth eyes, hair with eyes and teeth, etc. Hopefully, hopefully.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Fuck light skin. Imma gonna go black.

Damn those black elves are hot.
    And finally with true black hair, and no tentacles!!

Yes, or black skin lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    This is Void Elf customization, so you can now high elf all you like Alliance side.

Wait, I just now noticed.. did they actually add uncorrupted versions of the Void Elf hairstyles (minus tentacles) to make them more believable as regular elves?

That's kind of cool, actually.

I'm about to make the coolest black void elf with blue eyes ever.
    change can't wait.

And finally with true black hair, and no tentacles!!
    They need blond, white or silver hair colors, that would be cool.

Blond = Alleria
    Silver = Vereesa

Given that Void Elves are given Blood Elven underwear when they change to the fair skins, (also fucken WOOT for dark skin thank goodness - a certain Elf enthusiast artist will be happy!) we may one day be at a point where racials may become customizable!
    They can probably have an edit to make it blue.

3+ Year Old Account
    Oh hello 900 pages. Time to close this I guess.
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Wait, I just now noticed.. did they actually add uncorrupted versions of the Void Elf hairstyles (minus tentacles) to make them more believable as regular elves?

IIRC the third and fourth hairstyles already have no corruption. The second still does, which you can faintly see on the back.

7+ Year Old Account
    True, true. My guess is that this change to Void Elves (despite Blizzard claiming allied race customization changes were planned to happen after 9.0) is done now to preemptively avoid a drama. This is an easy enough addition to Void Elves and was probably planned anyway. But if they were to give Blood Elves blue eyes now and waited to give Void Elves the High Elf skintones until 9.1 or 9.2, we could all probably guess what would happen in between 9.0 and 9.1 or 9.2. It would be a huge drama fest.

So Blizzard probably fast-tracked this particular change in order to preemptively avoid drama. Actual in-depth AR customization might still arrive later, in which case I hope we get some stuff that is more on the voidcorrupted side of the spectrum. Double eyes, N'Zoth eyes, hair with eyes and teeth, etc. Hopefully, hopefully.
    Yes, good on them for finally moving quickly, I always said that the High Elf request would get louder and louder (as in more people asking) over time if they kept simply trying to ignore it.

Also shows like I said, if you're not going to budge on an issue you don't bring attention to it like in the April Fools this year. Also fitting that the new CM who loves ALL Elves gets to do the announcement, I'm sure she was ecstatic about it, mayhaps actual Blood Elf Druids in store for the future? Possible 'Void Elf' Paladins even more down the road? It's clear that opening up customization is the goal and Blizzard is moving away from their archaic as fuck restrictions.

I do hope you also get the customizations you're asking for, there's some sick ass ideas I wanted Void Elves to have. I really wanted customization like this for Void Elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    As stated previously when this was hypothetical, this is not a high elf. This is a void elf that has retained their original skin tones. For many, as I said, that will be enough. For you, it is enough. But this is not a high elf. This is a Void Elf. And a Void Elf Paladin remains a contradiction.
    And as you can see, 99% of people don't give a shit!

I had no idea that Blizzard could provide High Elves in a way that still felt bad in the end. Both sides getting the blue eyes is an ultimate monkey’s paw move and really isn’t a fulfillment of the request.

I’ll give a genuine thank you to Blizzard right now. Alongside a totally sarcastic “GEE THANKS DUDE” because this is absolutely dumb.

7+ Year Old Account

Yes, in the male void elf, 2nd from left. That hairstyle normally has tentacles in the back but you can see it's all 1 color.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    IIRC the third and fourth hairstyles already have no corruption. The second still does, which you can faintly see on the back.
    Oh yeah, I just saw the glow. I thought the second one was an adapted version of the first one, but they are actually two different hairstyles that already exist for Void Elves in the files. My bad lmao.

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde... Alliance... Everyone's a high elf now, boys! I guess we can all go home! The war's over in time for Christmas just like the generals said it would be!

10+ Year Old Account
    As we knew would be the case. It was after all, always about the aesthetic. And lo, the number of people embracing Void Elves now despite their story problems is as expected.

In the end, the critique that it was the aesthetics and not the lore has been proven right.

But the lore always matters. You still have a Void Elf, not a high elf. When entropic embrace procs, please remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalassian Bob View Post
    Horde... Alliance... Everyone's a high elf now, boys! I guess we can all go home! The war's over in time for Christmas just like the generals said it would be!
    #TeamKorea
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thalassian elves appear to be a neutral race right now.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Yes, good on them for finally moving quickly, I always said that the High Elf request would get louder and louder (as in more people asking) over time if they kept simply trying to ignore it.

Also shows like I said, if you're not going to budge on an issue you don't bring attention to it like in the April Fools this year. Also fitting that the new CM who loves ALL Elves gets to do the announcement, I'm sure she was ecstatic about it, mayhaps actual Blood Elf Druids in store for the future? Possible 'Void Elf' Paladins even more down the road? It's clear that opening up customization is the goal and Blizzard is moving away from their archaic as fuck restrictions.

I do hope you also get the customizations you're asking for, there's some sick ass ideas I wanted Void Elves to have. I really wanted customization like this for Void Elves.

-snip-

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully Blizzard takes some ideas from these amazing corruptions concept art for void elves:

The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!