3+ Year Old Account
    Under the sky near High Elf's Ranger brotherhood
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    No need to say any more
    Although the scandal is loud in the Warcraft community, we will not touch it, which I pointed out. But, as it were, the "bell is loud" and hints that Blizzard is more important - relevant, beautiful and easy to use. And some trifles in the form of their own lore and the problems of the high elves, which Blizzard themselves arranged and now just aggravated it to the edge, are not interesting to them. Well, as we are all uninteresting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinniel View Post
    Here some touched for my soul hoped to drown me with a ban. Good thing temporary. But here I no longer see the point in the essence of this thread from the word in any way. Because all this is already nonsense delirium, that's what I think. Gloomy f*cking delirium.

The point is now in this thread, as in all posts, videos, materials, lore and records that players have collected, planned, proposed and dreamed about high elves - is dead. Blizzard did, as they bluntly said, "Because we wanted to and you go f-yourself" and they, forgive me for being straightforward, do not give a shit about all our indignations and requests. Bring them money, rejoice in this customization, some of which are good, and some are just miserable, only causes vomit and twirling lore on a magic wand. Give them plus signs, praise on Reddit and on the forums. And any criticism will be hastily removed with a banhammer.

I don't see the point in Warcraft's lore, if it was mutilated again, the history of many races by this customization was also completely ruined without any adequate explanation and justification. . The developers do not care about us, they listen only to those who are louder and more pleasant to them, say thanks and ask for more - here there are already half of them in this thread. Why didn't you, who adore this unlorn customization and SUDDENLY beloved ren'dorei, create a separate thread and discussion with customization? Nothing bothers you.

And I would also like to express my deep respect to those who remained in this thread, who for two years appealed to lore, to logic, to common sense and shut up big pile of Blizzard fanboys and antis. Especially to user Syegfryed - dude, great respect to you, you are great.

Unless we just have to read the old posts, enjoy and look nostalgically at the concepts and at the old Blizzards, who in the Legion still dared to answer various questions from players and also, not without reason, believed that the High Elves should be in the game as a playable race. Well, or take the concepts that this whole great thread began with for your fantasy projects, games and books. All the same, Blizzard is shamelessly blowing and losing everything. The normal audience leaves, instead of them there are those who like everything, casuals, PvP maniacs who just let someone break their faces for the sake of achievements, and just all sorts of different kinds of community, up to furry lovers and brazen minorities. Such people will gladly carry money and ask for more, more and more.

Let's not touch the scandal with the scriptwriters from Blizzard, who are involved in promoting the current political and social agenda in Western countries - this is not a thread about that, but just a question to think about: what's next? At first, in the face of the high elves, Blizzard showed that separate groups of their fans and players were nothing to them. They are trash who should accept dirty handouts and rejoice. And if they don't want to, then let them fail (and they should also be banned preventively). And what will happen next? Further, entire races will be forcibly adjusted to the current topic and the lore of some kind of "Burning Crusade" or "Cataclysm" will be flushed down the toilet? Further disfigure all the characters in a row? Further, there will be changes inconceivable within the universe logic, after which all the old books on Warcraft and the first tome of the Chronicles can be thrown into the trash?

I understand, now they will start saying to me "Oh, you start here, you stupid hater. Everyone loves everything, these are the "high elves" of our dreams. Everything will be fine and Warcraft will be better than ever." Okay, you have your opinion, I have mine. Unpopular nowadays. But just think about the future of this game, if such nonsense is going on around the seemingly not very important topic of the high elves. What will happen next? Think and give yourself answers.

- - - Updated - - -

And finally, for everyone here naive and happy: All we can make are fair skinned void elves which will never scratch my itch as they're still void elves with void elf racials, heritage armor, emotes, racial mount, etc. They still void elves, and not even high elves, who in game have another types of voices.
    you were previously banned for insulting people I hope you have a better behavior now

Finally. My purple elf boys can look like blood elves now. I dont think I'll be going back to the purple skin tones ever again, although its nice to have that option. Now I just need the Silver Covenant tabard and g2g.

many alliance players asking for blonde hair but for me a high elf looks great with blue hair !! my mage looks great!

Yeah! It also looks good on blood elves, as you demonstrated. Dark>light.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    I see you and some alliance players in this thread asking for undead customization for blood elves. and me as a blood elf player saying that would be bad. not worth discussing let's talk about high elves in the high elves thread!
    Don't know what you and the other people have discussed, but just want to say I agree with you that Undead High Elf customization should be an Undead option.

Not that it will ever, ever happen, but for me that's most logical. Sylvanas(well not now anymore l o l) and her Dark Rangers belongs to the Forsaken, aka Undead.

3+ Year Old Account
    late celebration for 1.1k pages

if the Void Elves were allowed to look like Alleria, then the Forsaken should be allowed to look like Sylvanas or Velonara at least

Undead Elf customizations for Forsaken
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post

if the Void Elves were allowed to look like Alleria, then the Forsaken should be allowed to look like Sylvanas or Velonara at least

It's a big wet dream I have had for a long time. Would love Forsaken High Elves as playable. But it is still just a dream.

Maybe in 2 years :P

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Don't know what you and the other people have discussed, but just want to say I agree with you that Undead High Elf customization should be an Undead option.

Not that it will ever, ever happen, but for me that's most logical. Sylvanas(well not now anymore l o l) and her Dark Rangers belongs to the Forsaken, aka Undead.
    I think a lot of people are looking at it as if there is a "right" answer, which is the whole problem we had with High Elves as a thing: it's the pretension there's a correct answer that we can surmise through lore and the game, and it's not simply an issue of a decision from the developers.

High Elves could have been an AR if the developers chose to, instead, they gave us a close aesthetic through Void Elves.

It's the same issue with San'layn/Undead Elves, they could be made playable, could be an AR, could be BE or Undead customization.

It's about possibility and options, not about one single way it could be done; It makes lore sense for undead elves to be forsaken customization, but aesthetically, it also makes sense for them to be Blood Elves since sanlayn and undead elf NPC's already use that model with unique textures. Either could work, but again, it's an issue about a developer choice, not a "truth" -pretty much how the High Elf issue was-

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    I think a lot of people are looking at it as if there is a "right" answer, which is the whole problem we had with High Elves as a thing: it's the pretension there's a correct answer that we can surmise through lore and the game, and it's not simply an issue of a decision from the developers.

High Elves could have been an AR if the developers chose to, instead, they gave us a close aesthetic through Void Elves.

It's the same issue with San'layn/Undead Elves, they could be made playable, could be an AR, could be BE or Undead customization.

It's about possibility and options, not about one single way it could be done; It makes lore sense for undead elves to be forsaken customization, but aesthetically, it also makes sense for them to be Blood Elves since sanlayn and undead elf NPC's already use that model with unique textures. Either could work, but again, it's an issue about a developer choice, not a "truth" -pretty much how the High Elf issue was-
    Well I wouldn't complain if it was a Blood Elf option, I am speaking strictly lore wise as Forsaken with Sylvanas and Dark Rangers has been like the picture of undead High Elves.

If it was a Tauren option I wouldn't complain either just to be hyperbolic to show if it happen, I wouldn't mind how it was done if you know what I mean(because I really, really want it), but my point is how I would have done it if Undead High Elves had been a thing. About the rest of your post which is logical for sure, personally I think the chance of it to happen is rather slim(and I fear the chance is less than that), because I think the devs are quite happy now with how many races we have and such, but the possibility is always there, and quite frankly that's always a positive thought. Which is why I added maybe in two years in the latest post, because that's how I like to approach this

That little chance is the reason why I am still hoping for it, and we'll never know!
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-10-15 at 02:18 AM.

the truth happened a couple of times already in the thread where alliance players say they have to give undead options to the blood elves. I say that this is not our theme and that they should add more options for the forsaken.

but I think that talking about high elves again is the best thing I'm very happy with how my mage looks now.

they have to give undead options to the blood elves.

void elves also have DK and humans too, undead options for all races?

Well I wouldn't complain if it was a Blood Elf option, I am speaking strictly lore wise as Forsaken with Sylvanas and Dark Rangers has been like the picture of undead High Elves.

If it was a Tauren option I wouldn't complain either just to be hyperbolic to show if it happen, I wouldn't mind how it was done if you know what I mean(because I really, really want it), but my point is how I would have done it if Undead High Elves had been a thing. About the rest of your post which is logical for sure, personally I think the chance of it to happen is rather slim(and I fear the chance is less than that), because I think the devs are quite happy now with how many races we have and such, but the possibility is always there, and quite frankly that's always a positive thought. Which is why I added maybe in two years in the latest post, because that's how I like to approach this

That little chance is the reason why I am still hoping for it, and we'll never know!
    Basically; and indeed, there is a change! A year ago you would have been called crazy if you said VE's would get BE skin tones and blue eyes, so you never know what might happen.

So yeah, what I am saying, is that were San'layn/Undead Elves to be added as a customization option, it's one one "correct" answer, but a set of possibilities, as the "playable alliance high elf" issue, where we got the compromise of most of the aesthetic on VE's.

High Elves can easily be Paladins, just happens to be that 100% of them are in the Horde.
    I wonder when people will stop trying to bait others by making objectively false statements...

- - - Updated - - -

many alliance players asking for blonde hair but for me a high elf looks great with blue hair !! my mage looks great!
    I don't mind the colors, but I wouldn't mind a little more variety. Honestly, I don't even mind that the void elf hair styles for both males and females are of the "messier" variety, but I do wish we had more "non-tentacle-y" hair options.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post

Asking the forsaken to look like Sylvanas is kind of like asking the dark irons to have fair skin options because heir leader is an Ironforge dwarf, or, worse, that lightforged draenei should look like humans because Turalyon once lead them.

Considering all forsaken are humans from Lordaeron, I believe the best forsaken players would have is something akin to Calia Menethil's current looks, considering that Sylvanas is an elf, not a human.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I wonder when people will stop trying to bait others by making objectively false statements...

- - - Updated - - -

I don't mind the colors, but I wouldn't mind a little more variety. Honestly, I don't even mind that the void elf hair styles for both males and females are of the "messier" variety, but I do wish we had more "non-tentacle-y" hair options.

- - - Updated - - -

Asking the forsaken to look like Sylvanas is kind of like asking the dark irons to have fair skin options because heir leader is an Ironforge dwarf, or, worse, that lightforged draenei should look like humans because Turalyon once lead them.

Considering all forsaken are humans from Lordaeron, I believe the best forsaken players would have is something akin to Calia Menethil's current looks, considering that Sylvanas is an elf, not a human.
    all undeads that are part of the forsaken society are forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post

Honestly, I believe the best option would be separate AR. Customizations can be swapped easily and being undead is permanent thing. The same applies to elf options on Forsaken - you were either human or elf before you died. I guess it does not matter in the end, since most of these customizations are for player RP agenda, but I'd find it awkward. As it currently stands, I find it more likely for Blizz to add it as character customizations (it is one of the major themes of Shadowlands) and I think it's more likely to see it on blood elves, rather then Forsaken, because it takes less effort to do so.

Unfortunatelly, I don't think we will see new AR in a while now, maybe at the end of SL, but I expect it later then sooner, if ever. They would also need to make their models interesting, lore is not enough to make successful AR, nightborne pretty much proved that.

Sure, high elves with blue hair looks great. There are some high elf NPCs with blue hair already.

My void elf now finaly has proper high elf look too!

Last edited by Vaedan; 2020-10-15 at 06:59 AM.

all undeads that are part of the forsaken society are forsaken.
    Yeah, but, the player's forsaken character is a Lordaeronian human. It makes no sense for them to be anything else. The only option, as far as I can see, is to make an allied race.

10+ Year Old Account
    When in Rome, do as the Romans do:

I may not like many of the surviving high elves, but I won't deny that Thalassians look better in blue...

Why is no one talking about the pink eyes? Like tell me this doesn't look fabulous:

All of you Vereesa fanboys are disappointing, none of you are choosing the eye colour that Vereesa actually has in the lore. So shameful.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!