Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    That's what disagreeing means.
    WoW is not just built from in-game perspective, it has lore to back it up. And, currently, those two share elven names.
    And again, I have told you why I don't think that would be a relevant issue. Not from an in universe perspective, nor more obviously from a gameplay one. I gave you my arguments. All you have done is say *no".

*shrug*

When you define a race.
    It can't share a name with another one.
    Again - I'm not being convinced that this is a big thing.

High Elves and Highborne have known about each other since the end of Wrath / start of Cataclysm.
    If they didn't make a big fuss of each other back then, what makes you think Blizzard will make a big fuss of it now?

The High Elves are so heavily tied to the two living Windrunner sisters and they are so far devoid from the Highborne - hell, Vereesa even believes Thalyssra and the Nightborne are extremely foreign to them and Thalyssra was born a Highborne Night Elf.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Turalyon is kind of Lightforged human and possibly the most powerful paladin at the moment and Alleria consumed both Void demigod and Essence of the Dark Naaru during her adventure in Eredath. Blood knights are just regular paladins. They are not infused with the Light, they are just using it... but I agree with you that current blood knights have little interest in studying Void and becoming Void elves. I just don't think that if some of them decide to experiment with the Void for whatever Reason, it would be suicidal for them. Alleria and Turalyon does not explode when they touch and they are much more afflicted with the Void/Light than any Void/blood elf is.

I can think of ren'dorei re-using original blood knight methods of draining Naaru. After all, this was abandoned by blood knights who are now regular paladins. It was magisters who created the ritual to drain Naaru, so even with the absence of original blood knights, it's not entirely out of question.
    alleria just touching turalyon feels pain I imagine if her body was imbued with a large amount of light power maybe it could kill her

in any case I think that stealing the knowledge of twilight hammer is the best

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I wouldn't go that far. Being mutated by the void doesn't mean they're now "superior at a biological level", especially considering they all suffer, daily, with the whispers of the void.

Your entire post is in question, really, but what I pointed out is the more egregious in my opinion.
    some of them go crazy we saw it in the expedition to the islands

Turalyon is kind of Lightforged human and possibly the most powerful paladin at the moment and Alleria consumed both Void demigod and Essence of the Dark Naaru during her adventure in Eredath
    Doubtful. Turalyon was easily humiliated by Illidan, in addition to being constantly kicked by the Horde in Stromgarde. Alleria did nothing to help us with N'zoth and was easily defeated in Visions. Their "power level" is on the same joke level as the Night Warrior's.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Doubtful. Turalyon was easily humiliated by Illidan, in addition to being constantly kicked by the Horde in Stromgarde. Alleria did nothing to help us with N'zoth and was easily defeated in Visions. Their "power level" is on the same joke level as the Night Warrior's.
    Oh I gotta facepalm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Again - I'm not being convinced that this is a big thing.

High Elves and Highborne have known about each other since the end of Wrath / start of Cataclysm.
    If they didn't make a big fuss of each other back then, what makes you think Blizzard will make a big fuss of it now?

The High Elves are so heavily tied to the two living Windrunner sisters and they are so far devoid from the Highborne - hell, Vereesa even believes Thalyssra and the Nightborne are extremely foreign to them and Thalyssra was born a Highborne Night Elf.
    There obviously is if they split the two into 4 different races.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    1) We both know that Blizzard doesn't care about and straight up hates Alleria, so it's not a surprise that they omitted her in favour of Anduin's boyfriend. In 8.2.5, Alleria was the only leader concerned more with N'Zoth than the faction war, so it's not like she wasn't entitled to appear in 8.3; SHE WAS. But Blizzard hates her, so they omitted her.

Anduin couldn't even mention the Ren'dorei when he was desperately looking for advisors to resist the whispers... The Ren'dorei whose sole purpose is resisting the whispers. What more proof do you need that Blizzard hates them? Your argument however is disingenuous, because they are written to be very powerful, that Blizzard hates them and doesn't want to use them is a different issue.

2) The Visions of N'Zoth were designed as solo content; as such, their bosses had to be defeated by 1 player. They are not group content. Thrall was also defeated by 1 player in the Vision of N'Zoth, even though in reality it would take an entire raid to beat him in Classic. And Thrall would obviously be stronger with N'Zoth's juice than without. These visions are not a good representation of their power at all.

As we said, Alleria has the power of a Void Naaru, the same power that could single-handedly annihilate the entire civilization of Karabor. Alleria absolutely can destroy entire countries by herself and she is possibly THE MOST POWERFUL racial leader right now.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-03-08 at 07:50 AM.

1300 pages you glorious magnificent bastards. I'll see you at 1400, let me know how many of the pages are just fan service wanking. The fan edits have been quite good, maybe you can actually get Blizzard to throw you a bone.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

I can think of ren'dorei re-using original blood knight methods of draining Naaru. After all, this was abandoned by blood knights who are now regular paladins. It was magisters who created the ritual to drain Naaru, so even with the absence of original blood knights, it's not entirely out of question.
    I don't know why this was so difficult to understand, but Yes, this is exactly what I meant. The Ren'dorei can 100% replicate the Blood Knight methods. They likely have the knowledge, since they are former Sin'dorei.

It was magisters who created the ritual to drain Naaru,
    Since it's Blizzard, they can retroactively reveal that it was Magister Umbric specifically who came up with the ritual then.

There obviously is if they split the two into 4 different races.
    What they did and what they care about are very different.

At the end of the day, one can easily argue that we've had the strong union of Thalassian Elves and Darnassian Elves through the Sin'dorei and Shal'dorei.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    What they did and what they care about are very different.

At the end of the day, one can easily argue that we've had the strong union of Thalassian Elves and Darnassian Elves through the Sin'dorei and Shal'dorei.
    Yes. They are very similar. Yet, they share different elven names at the end of the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...t-Dragonflight

If this leak is true, then we can expect Quel'Thalas to be contested between Alleria's forces and Horde blood elves.

At last, we'll start to reclaim what's also rightfully ours!

Joke aside, this isn't really a surprise... All hints point toward Void/High elves wanting to bring Quel'Thalas into the Alliance fold

-> Alleria, Umbric, Vereesa Turalyon ...Even if this leak happens to be fake, Quel'Thalas as the sole Horde bastion in the Eastern Kingdoms is really in danger as long as Alleria and Turalyon lead the Alliance.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

I've been predicting this since forever, what we are seeing now is my carefully-laid predictions coming to reality.

1) When she was exiled, Alleria Windrunner clearly stated that Quel'Thalas was still "her homeland". She will not give up on her homeland nor on her birthright to return there.

2) Alleria told the player that she's certain Silvermoon will stand with the Alliance once again.

3) Magister Umbric stated that he and his followers did not join the Alliance out of pragmatism or convenience, but because they genuinely believe in its noble ideals of justice, peace, and order, and believe that Quel'Thaals would benefit from returning to the Alliance.

4) The Void Lords, the ancient entities who constantly whisper to Alleria (their whispers are defied btw, she is the first in thie history of the Cosmos to defy them), anyway the Void Lords have whispered to Alleria that the throne of Silvermoon belongs to her by right.
    4A) Linked to the above point, it should be noted that the Windrunners were one of the most powerful and influential noble houses in Quel'Thalas, so much so that they had their own village and spire (no other family had this). In addition, the recent Sylvanas novel truly conveys the point that the Ranger-General position, traditionally reserved to the Windrunner line, is extremely prestigious and admirable. Alleria Windrunner is now the head of House Windrunner, as the eldest surviving member of her house. The Sunstriders, the former royal house, have gone extinct, leaving the throne vacant. Unlike Alleria, Regent Lor'themar Theron was just a lowly peasant/commoner, he cannot compare to the prestige given by the Windrunner name

5) The novel Exploring Eastern Kingdoms is narrated by Shaw, in it Shaw mentions how Alleria is certain that Quel'Thalas will stand with the Alliance again; and then opens up a question: it is it just optimism... or was a vision given to her by the Void? Has she seen it in a vision, that Quel'Thalas will stand with the Alliance again?

6) The Silver Covenant led by Vereesa Windrunner appear to be taking orders from Alleria now, at least by looking at how Vereesa was following Alleria around at SoO 2.0. Naturally, the Silver Covenant have also been working to bring Quel'Thalas back into the Alliance for years.

7) Turalyon is now officially High King, he has stated that he seeks to reclaim former holdings of the Alliance in Lordaeron after the success at Stromgarde. Quel'Thalas counts as a former holding of the Alliance, of the Alliance of Lordaeron more precisely. Alleria resides in the War room next to the Throne where Turalyon sits, so we can conclude that Alleria performs the role of very close chief advisor to her husband, who is now High King btw.

8) Several Quel'dorei and Sin'dorei scholars can be seen in Telogrus Rift under the protection of the Ren'dorei, hinting at the idea that many Sin'dorei would rather go back to the Alliance.

Conclusion:

- The original reason that brought Magister Umbric and his first followers to join the Alliance was sincere belief in their noble ideals.

- Alleria Windrunner and Magister Umbric have expressed many times that they wish to bring their homeland back into the Alliance and are not willing to give up on it, with Alleria explicitly noting that it remains "her homeland" upon being exiled.

- The Void Lords have meddled in this, whispering to Alleria that the throne of Quel'Thalas belongs to her by right and, possibly (theorized by Shaw), showing her visions of a future where Quel'Thalas stands with the Alliance again.

- Veeresa Windrunner, being younger and having less political power and prestige, and leading a weaker faction of elves, appears to be giving control over to her older sister and following her around.

- With Turalyon as High King and Alleria as her chief advisor, the Ren'dorei are now in a prime position to put their plan of reclamation in action. They are no longer a minor race of the Alliance, now they essentially own it, and so the Alliance will do what Turalyon wants; and Turalyon, being the good and loyal simp boy that he is, will do what Alleria wants. So as you can see, the Ren'dorei now own the Alliance through High King Turalyon.

But what is the main takeaway here?

That the Ren'dorei can absolutely achieve their ambition. On top of their forces (forces that were numerous enough to deployed at Lordaeron and Zandalar; even large enough to afford to go on suicide mission), they can also call upon the forces of the Silver Covenant, the Highvale elves, the Alleria Expedition (so basically all pure Quel'Dorei), and the forces of the Alliance as a whole (Stormwind and the Army of the Light foremost, it should also be noted that High King Turalyon has the full backing of the House of Nobles).

Alleria herself could literally annihilate Quel'Thalas by just teleporting inside the Sunwell and touching it, but obviously that's not her goal.

The point here is that the Ren'dorei should not be underestimated and they certainly have the manpower and resources to achieve their goal of reclaiming Quel'Thalas for the Alliance.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-04-03 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...t-Dragonflight

If this leak is true, then we can expect Quel'Thalas to be contested between Alleria's forces and Horde blood elves.

At last, we'll start to reclaim what's also rightfully ours!

Joke aside, this isn't really a surprise... All hints point toward Void/High elves wanting to bring Quel'Thalas into the Alliance fold

-> Alleria, Umbric, Vereesa Turalyon ...Even if this leak happens to be fake, Quel'Thalas as the sole Horde bastion in the Eastern Kingdoms is really in danger as long as Alleria and Turalyon lead the Alliance.
    While I personally want Silvermoon to remain BE and in the Horde (unless they go independent), I do really want a conflict in Quel'thalas. It really has been baking for years, since the begining of WoW really, and Alleria's return only added urgency to it, and it's just such a perfect opportunity to revamp Quel'thalas as a endgame content zone. I do hope it ends with a long lasting peace.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I made a hairstyle for my High Elf warrior

This dream... needs... to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Efcharisto View Post
    Never.....

Quote Originally Posted by Efcharisto View Post
    The posters in this thread need therapy

I'm not sure why, amongst other things, this hasn't been mentioned yet, but with the possibility of a Quel'Thalas revamp, we might also see Magister Umbric become a main player, as he seeks to continue his research into Drathir's work and his mission to restore Quel'Thalas to the Alliance, in whose ideals he believes. I am expecting Magister Umbric to become a main character soon and for him to receive a unique model as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if Umbric got a new character model. Wouldn't be surprised if he didn't either.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is this thread still a thing?

*WHY* is this thread still a thing?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything