Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Saying that all the players are cynical and negative is a stupid generalization. There was so much good Feedback on the Forums during WoD and Legion Alpha/Beta. There are certainly more than enough asswholes and entitled, whiny princesses among the community. But Blizzards is definitely part of the communication problem, if their exists one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    If you distance yourself from your customers you end up with Warlords of Draenor. If you listen to them you end up with MoP and Legions. You better listen to the people putting money in your pocket.
    But WoD is one of the best expansions so far, on par with vanilla and BC and both MoP and Legion are the worst ones, may be even worse than WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynny View Post
    His job is to make the community not be shit. If he's not going to or is incapable of managing the community then they have to find someone who can. Seriously, why would community managers be necessary if the community could self manage and get to the root of the issue without engagement to distill something constructive from the deluge of complaints on the forums?
    No, that is not his job.

Here's a tip for all of you if you don't have a lot of life or real world experience.

The customer is NOT ALWAYS right.

Not all feedback is good feedback.

Not all opinions are created equally.

What you want may not be what a business wants.

Just because you have a microphone doesn't mean people should listen to you.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Thanks for posting dude.

You've lost any kind of credibility. Bye.
    How surprising that you were banned. This type of person is exactly what the CM meant. This person has been unruly, argumentative, and cynically negative the whole thread.

i think you lot miss that he is responding to someone who applied for MVP and was declined, so it is very much directed at him for example and some of the worst of the community.

also he is not saying "we dont listen to people who are negitive"
    he is saying that if people post NOTHING BUT NEGITIVE STUFF, EVERY SINGLE DAY and start up shitstorms trying to get blizzard mad.

his job is to read the forums, and send feedback to the devs
    he is also to encourage people to talk, and to discuss, and to come up with feedback
    his job is NOT to engage with people who make a thread "blizzard fucking sucks, the CM team should be removed and replaced with the real players, us who make threads every single day complaining about everything"

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    I love seeing these Blizzard CM's start using psychology terms as excuses to not interact and a method to posture their perceived intelligence.

Unfortunately it just makes Blizzard look like a bunch of bumbling scrubs that inherited a decade old game after the original creators pumped and dumped their careers/stock, leaving the scrubs with no internal idea how to manage the nightmare that the game has become.

Everything from writer swaps to developer changes to lore retcons point to huge sweeping changes within the company right around the end of MoP, which would make WoD a failed expansion because an inexperienced development team couldn't handle the pressure.

So no, this perceived idea that "the community is bad because of the community" falls flat on its face because Blizzard has failed to fulfill its end for consumers repeatedly, historically. They will get criticized as a money grubbing greed hound corporation to the very inch of their game just to prove the "Don't fuck with the consumer" point home.
    Weird that the game is so successful, and you're likely still playing. But thats none of my business.

LOL! This thread really triggered the troll edgelord chads straight out of neckbeardia.

The warcraft forums are more toxic than 4chan. I am amazed they even bother responding to anyone. Props to Ornyx for elegantly naming it like it is.

I think both side of this argument are right.

It appears Blizz doesn't use any of the feedback. I don't know what happens behind the scenes, but based it does appear a lot of the ideas & feedback posted by the community isn't implemented. I don't know if its ignored. That means they don't read it and I don't think that it 100% accurate.

I don't blame Ornyx one bit for what he said though. This community like a lot of internet communities is overly negative. There is thread after thread here at MMO-Champ that only bitch about Blizz and the game. Folks even try to start positive threads and the get over run with comments about Blizz fanboys, etc.

It is possible to like this game the way it is. It is possible for people to appreciate and enjoy the work Blizzard has done expansion after expansion. That doesn't make them bad people.

Toxicity is a big problem with any gaming community, no wonder people are getting tired of it.

I always wonder how is it possible to stay positive and in some ways, "sane" with so much negative feedback going around. Of course it's a community manager's job to care about the community, but if you care too much, it can get under your skin.

I guess the only thing that one can do is to decide for herself to make sure to post in a constructive way. And also give positive feedback when that is due. Writing about things that are going great at least gives me a good feeling Whining about something has never given me happiness in a long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Apparently, Ornyx has grown used to yes men and Blizz boot-lickers being around him. Blizz shits on the game and a lot of people aren't happy with it (as evidenced by killing 70%+ of the PvP community as just one example). People express to CMs like Ornyx their dissatisfaction and annoyance, and he labels them "cynically negative" or some other ridiculous epithet instead of facing facts that the game has been steadily and slowly turned to RNG-shit-for-profit hamster wheel grinding.

WoW used to be a MMORPG. Ornyx and his ilk can't handle when someone tells them the emperor has no clothes. They want only happy! joy! talk or nothing at all.

It doesn't work that way.
    This is a fairly cynically negative post and it only took one post into the thread to arrive there.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

If you understand how to discipline, then you instantly recognize the problem is that Blizzard does not know how to CORRECTLY discipline forum posters to maintain order. Its actually a widespread problem not just on forums. The people posting are terrible but Blizzard has demonstrated zero understanding of how to correct it.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Weird that the game is so successful, and you're likely still playing. But thats none of my business.
    successful ? lol - 10 year ago this statement might have been tru but atm ? f...ing hearthstone is 10 times more succesfull then wow while being 1000 times simplier game then wow - hell there is ton of stupid mobile phone app games then are 10-100 time more succesful and profitable then wow

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    The words you post say more about you than whoever you're talking about. I've never heard Ornyx speak this way about anyone, or to anyone.
    That I am smart? I can draw a similar conclusion from your post.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    successful ? lol - 10 year ago this statement might have been tru but atm ? f...ing hearthstone is 10 times more succesfull then wow while being 1000 times simplier game then wow - hell there is ton of stupid mobile phone app games then are 10-100 time more succesful and profitable then wow
    Your post here says all I need to know about your credibility. But yeah, keep playing Blizzard games and then complaining about Blizzard. Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    The irony here is that aaaaaaall the way through MoP, it was being absolutely shat on by the community for its "cutesy, Kung Fu Panda" vibe. Never-ending vitriol. Now people are saying it was one of the greats.

Same thing with WotLK - during the expac itself, everyone was shouting at the top of their voice how it was "lazy and easy, dumbed down, incomplete" yadda yadda... and then several years on you keep seeing WotLK at the tops of a lot of "best expac" lists.

The point is, people whine and cry and bitch and complain and throw tantrums all the time, ad nauseum, about everything. You can't throw a rock without hitting a "THIS GAME IS DEAD NOW" rant, and its been this way basically since the game was released. Everyone wants to have a cry about something, and it never stops.

People say "Blizzard should listen to the players". Sure. Which players should they listen to? There are millions of people with millions of different opinions. Every so often someone makes a statement saying "all of us want X from the game" which is absolutely fucking ludicrous, because it competes with statements simultaneously saying "all of us want Y from the game" and "we want to see more of Z".

People are, generally, just happy to complain, and everyone's opinion is different to everyone else's.

Do you actually think this company, one of THE most successful game companies of all time, sits down and says "You know what we should do with our most popular product, our flagship and biggest earner, one that we as its developers are passionate about? LOL LETS MAKE IT SHIT, JUST FOR A LAUGH".
    I wish my sig could fit your entire post. All the thumbs up to you, good person!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    Hahahaha, it's so cute how people such as yourself think that you've got some say in wether this game is considered a success or not.

It's a 14-year old title which rakes in billion-dollar figures and receives the attention of millions of players despite being an MMORPG.
    Some other shit like Candy Crush being "100 times more successful and profitable than WoW", does not render WoW any less of a giant within its genre and a success both critically and player-reception wise as of Legion, even after the PR disaster that was WoD.

Only fanboys are allowed in the official forums. Any comment which is critical of the game is deemed as not constructive.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Only fanboys are allowed in the official forums. Any comment which is critical of the game is deemed as not constructive.
    I agree wholeheartedly. Fanboys/shill.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Deleted
    I've followed their communication for over 10 years and they really are bad at it. After a certain time people are bound to grow frustrated and start throwing shit - at that point going "see? This is why we don't communicate" is frankly nothing but shifting the blame. No community is any worse than other, people are pretty much the same everywhere you go. It's all about how you handle your community and Blizzard has been doing awful job since like 2010 I think, mainly because they have very little choice. Their business practices have grown greedier and greedier which is always impossible to defend to your community, so they have pretty much just neglected the whole thing big time

There are always people who blindly focus on nothing but the negatives and people who defend Blizzard no matter what they do. Their arguments are always the same and they're both useless groups as consumers as far as improving as a company goes. So I agree with the blue there. But they have nobody but themselves to blame for the general tone of the forums

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Blizz customer support is terrible. I don't know what happened to it. The silence feature was one of the worst features to be implemented into the game.
    Yeah, this has never been my experience, ever. Shit on Blizzard all you want, but customer support (aside from the stupidly long waiting times) has never been their weak points, provided you are able to speak to an actual representative. They have always been courteous and answered my questions and assisted me as I needed to be.

Someone posted that you probably have a biased reason for feeling that they are bad, IE 'unfairly banned', this would not surprise me TBH.