Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    It also had its AOE, movement and survivability nerfed to the ground though. It's a rather pointless spec at this point.
    You never really Drain Soul much while you're killing trash in keys anyways, so no not really. Drain Soul just allows you to be lazy and not move from shit. Ie. this is why you let Warlocks deal with the red add on Mythic Kingaroth. The spec will be fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    It also had its AOE, movement and survivability nerfed to the ground though. It's a rather pointless spec at this point.
    I don't see how it's going to be any less mobile? Burning Rush will still be a talent, and so is Nightfall. The fact that Nightfall works with Corruption and not Agony makes it even more busted.

Like a 3 target council fight.

http://bfa.wowhead.com/talent-calc/w...ffliction/cHtM

I hope that sims the best cause that looks fun to play.
    Last edited by muto; 2018-04-09 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    You never really Drain Soul much while you're killing trash in keys anyways, so no not really. Drain Soul just allows you to be lazy and not move from shit. Ie. this is why you let Warlocks deal with the red add on Mythic Kingaroth. The spec will be fine.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see how it's going to be any less mobile? Burning Rush will still be a talent, and so is Nightfall. The fact that Nightfall works with Corruption and not Agony makes it even more busted.

Like a 3 target council fight.

http://bfa.wowhead.com/talent-calc/w...ffliction/cHtM

I hope that sims the best cause that looks fun to play.
    Well, you're not playing affli in dungeons anymore with thier AOE being nerfed to the ground.
    It's also not at all fun to play and you won't be running SE on anything above 2 targets and even that is hard to pull off befor you get way more haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really veering off topic with this ish about how Affliction plays vs live and there are plenty of other threads for that discussion.

Shadow Bolt is long overdue for either an animation redesign, or a reversion to its original vanilla animation which is mostly still used by even newly added npcs because it is superior to that goofy animation it got in late Cata. I do hope to see it updated, but have it draw inspiration from its original animation.

Anyway to fix some misinformation in this thread:

• Shadow Bolt's animation was updated in 4.3
    • Rain of Fire was updated in 3.1
    • Soulfire was updated in 3.0 and later 5.0
    • Incinerate was updated in 6.0

All our animations are dated compared to other casters, but at least Destro is getting a full animation makeover. I do imagine they'll continue with the other two specs as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanariya View Post
    Really veering off topic with this ish about how Affliction plays vs live and there are plenty of other threads for that discussion.

Shadow Bolt is long overdue for either an animation redesign, or a reversion to its original vanilla animation which is mostly still used by even newly added npcs because it is superior to that goofy animation it got in late Cata. I do hope to see it updated, but have it draw inspiration from its original animation.

Anyway to fix some misinformation in this thread:

• Shadow Bolt's animation was updated in 4.3
    • Rain of Fire was updated in 3.1
    • Soulfire was updated in 3.0 and later 5.0
    • Incinerate was updated in 6.0

All our animations are dated compared to other casters, but at least Destro is getting a full animation makeover. I do imagine they'll continue with the other two specs as well.
    Don't forget that every caster except Warlocks animations were updated in Legion...Warlock was the only one to get left out...they even slightly improved DK stuff before Warlocks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did make note of that (though I should have been more clear) in the last sentence about our animations being dated. All other casters got an update, and Fire had its core spells updated twice this expansion. Aff and Demo are really overdue.

Has anybody tried completing the green fire quest in alpha?
    I'm curious if Demonbolt becomes green if you've completed the quest...

Quote Originally Posted by Ooshraxa View Post
    Has anybody tried completing the green fire quest in alpha?
    I'm curious if Demonbolt becomes green if you've completed the quest...
    Found the answer myself: Farmed the tome on Alpha, completed the quest.

Results:
    Dreadsteed and Burning rush is the proper green color.
    Demonbolt is not green.
    Incinerate, immolate and Rain of Fire reverts to the old casting animations, but are green.

Chaos Bolt retains the new casting animation, which makes sense - it's green.
    Last edited by Ooshraxa; 2018-04-14 at 10:06 AM.

Results:
    Demonbolt is not green.
    Incinerate, immolate and Rain of Fire reverts to the old casting animations, but are green.

Demonbolt has never been updated for green fire and as far as I am aware Demonbolt still has not been updated in animation at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Demonbolt has never been updated for green fire and as far as I am aware Demonbolt still has not been updated in animation at all.
    I'm like 99% sure that Demonbolt on alpha is just using Pyroblast's animation. It even has the hadouken-style cast finish that none of our other spells have because the new animations haven't been hooked up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post
    I'm like 99% sure that Demonbolt on alpha is just using Pyroblast's animation. It even has the hadouken-style cast finish that none of our other spells have because the new animations haven't been hooked up yet.
    Yeah, but I mean the traditional demonbolt. The alpha animation is basically the old soulfire animation. They slashed soulfire but havent replaced the animation for demonbolt, which at least hints that they'll probably update these spells.

Hopefully they don't forget green fire considering that when they updated our fire effects on handcasting animations orange fire got updated textures but green fire remained old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Yeah, but I mean the traditional demonbolt. The alpha animation is basically the old soulfire animation. They slashed soulfire but havent replaced the animation for demonbolt, which at least hints that they'll probably update these spells.

Hopefully they don't forget green fire considering that when they updated our fire effects on handcasting animations orange fire got updated textures but green fire remained old.
    I'm hoping so...asked for green fire for Demonbolt since Legion launched and it never came

Quote Originally Posted by valcrist View Post
    I keep expecting more animations and our over due casting animations as well, we got some at the start of alpha and nothing for awhile. I really hope that isn’t it, we already got major shafted when it comes to getting our animations way way way freaking later.
    It's not. They're still in alpha. We saw animations added/changed in the beta phase of Legion. I know at least Flamestrike had a *completely* different original redesign (which didn't look bad either).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crayola Memes View Post
    Is there a video of that animation they put in during that earlier alpha build?
    no because hes wrong.
    it got a new animation awhile back, the current animation is that one, but no new update has popped up yet.
    Old

Current
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    no because hes wrong.
    it got a new animation awhile back, the current animation is that one, but no new update has popped up yet.
    Old
    Thanks for clarifying. I'm hoping they add the new animation when beta comes out.
    Last edited by Crayola Memes; 2018-04-23 at 02:08 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    So it looks like they changed the animation. The effect coming off your hands during the cast is the same as the new drain life, but the bolt it self is just the PH white box.

Last edited by Crayola Memes; 2018-04-23 at 02:26 PM.

Results:
    Demonbolt is not green.

what do you mean by animations? like, the movements of your hands to cast? or the look of the spell effects themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    what do you mean by animations? like, the movements of your hands to cast? or the look of the spell effects themselves?
    The look of the spells themselves, and the hand movements/particles. The new animations have a sort of "dripping" effect from your hands, where the old ones mostly just light up your hands.

Both animations need to be reworked for green fire.

The look of the spells themselves, and the hand movements/particles. The new animations have a sort of "dripping" effect from your hands, where the old ones mostly just light up your hands.

Both animations need to be reworked for green fire.
    ah, ok. i figured that's how it'd be, it was ages before the new spell effects they added towards the end of wod actually got applied to green fire, and the effect on your hands is still the old school effect.

Results:
    Demonbolt is not green.

I'm absolutely sure the reason is simple.

They want to finalize every animation before they bother changing them to green. It'd take very little time to change them but if they tweak the new ones after changing them they'd have to do both instead of one and just porting it over after.

Just saving time on something not important until the end anyway. Although I really hope that the green the other spells get is like chaos bolts new green, and not just some lime green like current. New chaos bolt color is amazing and I'd def play destro all the time if they were all like that.

I like that they distinguish warlock and shadow priest shadow magic by the tints. They've turned shadow more blackish blue while for warlocks they kept the purples that's very iconic of soul magic.