Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    You know you can change how Win 10 looks? ClassicShell allows you to make Win 10 look however you wish to. Fuck, default Win10 allows you to colour your start bar if you wish to. There is NOTHING stopping you using any skin you wish to.

Do you use a smart phone? What about Facebook? Also, Win 7 also has telemetry, has had it for a while now.

Like what? What is forced upon you?

Huh? It's literally the fastest version of Windows ever. I can leave my PC on 24/7 on Win 10. On Win 7 and 8, I'd eventually have to restart due to slowdowns, never had that issue on Win 10. The memory management is far superior as well. In what way is it slow?
    Do you see any difference?

Windows 10:

Windows 8.1:

Some crappy Linux:

And Windows 7:

You know...

And also. About performance. I have access to around 200 computers with many difference configurations. And trust me. I know, what is slow, and what isn't. For example some stupid guy upgraded Win 8.1 to Win 10 on some modern enough laptop. Win 10 was SLOW AS HELL on it, including very slow loading and overall low performance. I have around dozen of such laptops and Win 8.1 works just perfectly on them. Had to use Recovery volume in order to reinstall 8.1. Now everything is perfect except one thing - 8.1 has terrible interface design too.

And I don't even talk about computers, like this, that work just perfectly with Windows 7:
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2018-04-02 at 03:25 PM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    SNIP
    So what am I ment to be seeing here? 8.1 and 10 look exact the same. Infact, I can go right ahead and make my win10 look the same in that pic!!

So what am I ment to be seeing here? 8.1 and 10 look exact the same. Infact, I can go right ahead and make my win10 look the same in that pic!!
    Ok. Next step. Make it look like this:

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

LOL @ Windows 7 being faster then 10 with nothing but your own feelcraft to back it up.

If you're going to make statements like that, have fun trying to prove it.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok. Next step. Make it look like this:
    I'll concede you can't do that from within Win10 itself. However, there are a few programs that will allow you to have it back. One such program is http://www.glass8.eu/ I personally prefer non-aero look. I always disabled it back when I used Win7.

However, let's go back to my other 3 points you seemed to forget.

1. Telemetry: Do you have a smart phone, use Facebook etc? If so, you have no right at all to say anything about Win10. If you took the time to actually read what MS collect, it's 100% OS based. The personal info they do collect is basic shit people could pull from Facebook.

2. Forced services: If you're on about windows updates being forced on home edition, I don't blame MS in doing so. When I worked in retail, selling PC based shit, the amount of customers that would bring a PC in that hadn't been updated in years was insane. We once had a customer in who didn't update his PC at all, and got malware installed that fucked his PC up. Best part about it was THERE WAS AN MS UPDATE FOR IT 6 MONTHS BEFORE. But apparently it was microsoft's fault his PC got AIDS, then it was OUR FAULT because it should auto update and we didn't set it up to do that.

ALL MY WATS.JPEG

3: Running slow. Maybe if you're using a Pentium D and 128MB RAM. Little bit of info here, Win10 runs BETTER than Win7 and Win8 on lesser hardware.

But hey! it was just my job to fix shit, what do I know?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets focus on the stuff the OP actually asked about, and not debate the merits of 7 and 10.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Lets focus on the stuff the OP actually asked about, and not debate the merits of 7 and 10.
    Let's not actually. Op is clearly troll account. He made one post, never replied to anything, yet somehow you guys managed to make 2 pages of posts out of that. Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    I won't argue the merits of 10 vs 7 and vice versa.

You should tell us what laptop you have and if it's been customized at all.

Regardless of anything else, you'll need a copy of 64bit Windows 7.

I will say this beforehand, you may or may not have issues with the laptop depending on the hardware it has and this also applies to updating W7. What I mean by that is there's a high chance you'll be in for more work than you're willing to deal with. I don't want to get too far ahead here, but it's just a warning.
    Anyways . thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Apoc11 View Post
    Windows 10 isn't that bad but I don't blame you for wanting to go back to 7. In terms of going back to 7. Here lies your problem.
    1. Does the laptop support Windows 7. Going to have to check the manufacturer's drivers list to see if it does. (If not link the model of the laptop, I can find it for you)
    2. Do you have a key for a Windows License for this machine
    3. What about the CD to install onto this machine

If you can install 7 on this laptop you will have to pretty much have to install a fresh copy of Windows 7 thus wiping out windows 10 and anything you have on the drive (back it up!)

If all else fails you can make windows 10 look like windows 7
    For my Dell laptop , i don't have any key for a Windows License for this machine , It was already Windows 10 before it was bought.
    I have a lot of friends who have encountered OS upgrade failure or update failure, the loss caused by the failure of the laptop, login failed, the user can not use.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WurstKaeseSzenario View Post
    Only #1 is important. My Laptop does not support Win7 (USB and touchpad do not work under Win7 because of incompatible drivers).
    #2 is easily solved, Win7 keys on amazon go for 5-15€ or something. #3 is also easily solved, by just downloading Win7 somewhere.
    Do i need to reinstall ?

- - - Updated - - -

As I know, downgrade isn't possible for Retail and OEM Windows versions. Corporative only. But, as I know, if your old Windows 7 is Retail version and you still have a box and activation key - you may reactivate it on your new computer. But of course you'll need to completely reinstall your OS.

My opinion - Win7 is better, than any newer Win versions:
    1) Terrible design. Do we need to force universal UI for both PC and smartphones? Yeah! Let's completely remove all skins and make everything boring and flat!
    2) So called "telemetry", i.e. being able to collect any personal data for so called "service improvement" and sell it to 3rd parties.
    3) Forced services.
    4) It's terribly slow.

So, I completely agree with you.
    Thanks , i am used to Windows 7 , i just want to get a effective and easy way to downgrade to Windows 7 without any risk or lost ,
    I don't want to have problems with my friends.

Try using classic shell
    It makes your windows 10 like windows 7,but without the drawbacks

No, I don't. But don't tell me, that many companies can collect my personal data - internet providers, cell operators, etc. Yeah, they can. But not many of them can legitimately sell this data to 3rd parties, cuz I've accepted forced EULA, that allows them to do it.
    You sir have made the tin foil companies very rich in your lifetime I am sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaskery View Post
    For my Dell laptop , i don't have any key for a Windows License for this machine
    You'll need to buy a Windows 7 license first. DONT go do this until you know your laptop actually supports it.

Do i need to reinstall ?
    Yes, if you want to switch back to Windows 7, you'll need to back up your data (that you want to keep), wipe the drive, and reinstall 7

Thanks , i am used to Windows 7 , i just want to get a effective and easy way to downgrade to Windows 7 without any risk or lost
    There is risk, and you'll have to reinstall everything you want. There is no way to 'downgrade'. You simply wipe the system and start fresh with Win7

And you will have problems, eventually, once support ends for Windows 7
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

I'll concede you can't do that from within Win10 itself. However, there are a few programs that will allow you to have it back. One such program is http://www.glass8.eu/ I personally prefer non-aero look. I always disabled it back when I used Win7.

However, let's go back to my other 3 points you seemed to forget.

1. Telemetry: Do you have a smart phone, use Facebook etc? If so, you have no right at all to say anything about Win10. If you took the time to actually read what MS collect, it's 100% OS based. The personal info they do collect is basic shit people could pull from Facebook.

2. Forced services: If you're on about windows updates being forced on home edition, I don't blame MS in doing so. When I worked in retail, selling PC based shit, the amount of customers that would bring a PC in that hadn't been updated in years was insane. We once had a customer in who didn't update his PC at all, and got malware installed that fucked his PC up. Best part about it was THERE WAS AN MS UPDATE FOR IT 6 MONTHS BEFORE. But apparently it was microsoft's fault his PC got AIDS, then it was OUR FAULT because it should auto update and we didn't set it up to do that.

ALL MY WATS.JPEG

3: Running slow. Maybe if you're using a Pentium D and 128MB RAM. Little bit of info here, Win10 runs BETTER than Win7 and Win8 on lesser hardware.

But hey! it was just my job to fix shit, what do I know?
    Yeah, some customizations are enabled by 3rd party tools, like ClassicShell, thx to them, but not many and of course not all. And I don't understand, why should I use 3rd party tools, that can be unsafe by themselves, instead of having the same options right out of the box?

1. No, I don't use use Facebook and I currently have Win 8.1 Smartphone.
    2. That usually happens with OEM computers, where manufacturers disable updates by default. They're usually enabled. And also... I don't think, that updates can somehow effectively protect you from Malware. Antivirus and antimalware can, but not updates. I talk about things, like, for example, voice control. I don't need this service in any shape or form and therefore I don't want it to be enabled on my computer and I don't agree to send any telemetry to MS in order to "improve it's quality". I just want to completely remove this service from my computer. But I can't. Because MS decided, that I need it, and force it on me. And yeah, same with update. Sometime updates are disabled, cuz they're bad. And some simply brake your computer. For example on Win7 I was able to remove forced Win10 update, no matter how hard MS tried to force it on me (there was several so called "accidental" attempts), cuz I simply didn't like it. On Win10 I wouldn't be able to do it - any service updates would be forced on me, no matter, if I would like them or not. I.e. simple thing. MS are like Blizzard - they think, that they know better, than me, what is good for me, and treat me like a fool. I'm not, sorry.
    3. You know, whether OS is slow or fast is determined on lowest possible denominator hardware - not highest. Because on high end hardware there usually no difference is seen. That's, what I wanted to show via this screenshot. I have several computers with similar or even equal configurations - Win10 is always slower, than Win7 or Win8.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2018-04-03 at 03:44 AM.

But Windows 10 is better in almost every way.

Try it out, be open to change, mate.

Don't understand why anyone would downgrade personally with extended support for 7 ending soon.

I get some prefer 7 but why not just dual boot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just posting this as a warning, this time.

Let's stick to the actual topic the OP is asking about, and not the merits of 7 and 10.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Just posting this as a warning, this time.

Let's stick to the actual topic the OP is asking about, and not the merits of 7 and 10.
    There is nothing to discuss here - downgrade isn't possible for OEM and Retail versions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stuck with windows 7 through windows 8. I tried 8, and couldn't stand what was essentially a tablet OS on my PC. The free upgrade to Windows 10 came and I waited until the very end of it to upgrade. Windows 10 is bar far the best OS I have ever had on my PC. Are you one of the tinfoil hat wearing crowd that is freaking out because apparently Windows is spying on you now? There were guides on literally day one of official release that show you how to turn all of that stuff off. There are equally websites that explain in every detail what all those 'big brother' programs ACTUALLY do, since sheeple just regurgitate the bullshit they read online instead of actually doing research.

Windows 10 is less bloated (unless you're getting a pre-con computer, those things are always bloated with software, but taht isn't Windows' fault), it runs faster, it causes fewer BSODs, and the error reporting for said BSODs are much easier to read. The behind-the-scenes architecture is easier for driver producing companies like Nvidia and AMD for their video cards to program for. It handles RAM more efficiently. Boot times are insanely fast. Booting from an old HDD, Windows 7 from a cold boot would take about a minute or so until I could start opening things. Windows 10 it takes about 20 seconds. On an SSD, it takes about 10. Ten seconds from pressing the power button on my computer until I can start opening programs without any lag or wait times because the system is still booting up.

Anyone who thinks Windows 7 is better than Windows 10 is either an extremely advanced user that may as well be using Linux, or has no fucking idea how to properly use a computer. And you better get used to it. Windows 10 is apparently the be-all-end-all for Windows. Micro$oft is apparently going the same route is Apple with their operating systems now; there will be no Windows 11, just Windows 10 and future upgrades.

What are you going to do once Windows 7 isn't supported by anything? Come onto the forums and bitch and moan because you're too much of a troglodyte to upgrade? Have fun with that. I'll be here to throw this in your face once more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

There is nothing to discuss here - downgrade isn't possible for OEM and Retail versions.
    side note: english is a terrible language and not always used literally, downgrade can also mean formatting and installing fresh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what the problem is, my Windows 10 is running fine... see. Made you look, that's really Linux Mint.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaskery View Post
    Do i need to reinstall ?
    Depends. If you have Win7, upgrade to 10 and then want to go back, that was possible a year ago and I'd guess it is still. You should do a backup on an external HDD before, just in case it doesn't work. Should make a backup file anyway if you have important stuff on your PC.

If you only have 10 and want 7, then you need to start fresh. You should be able to upgrade to 10 afterwards in case your machine doesn't work well with 7.
    Last edited by WurstKaeseSzenario; 2018-04-05 at 09:43 AM.