Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    there are some interesting azerite traits but they don't fix the majority of specs which still feel utter shite to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Yeah, but addressing "underwhelming bonuses with impact on the gameplay" - such bonuses often create thoughts like "why would i even bother with this bonus if i can grab passive bonus for a better effect that doesn't require any input from my side?", it just doesn't feel like a bonus, but a punishment for wanting a better gameplay.
    I know, in my opinion all these bonuses impacting gameplay should be baseline to add complexity (back) to most of the specs, but as that's not at all in Blizzard's plans, I'm trying to hope they will at least implement them in Azerite stuff as competitive alternatives. One can dream.

If the mage scorch change is what we are using as interesting we are in trouble. Hitting Scorch once every 30 seconds to buff something that does minimal damage to begin with is not that great. It's even less so in that once you hit the execute phase even that bit of gameplay addition goes right out the window.

5+ Year Old Account
    Beta alrdy, "NEW EXPANSION" ... hella no just addon to legion , 100-120 no new talent rows, no new skills; WHY we must even lvl up? scaling alrdy exist in pvp - just play 110 in warfronts forget about that useless 120 lvl .... no new things there.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    As everyone told in this topic, that's leveling items so they're meant to not be optimal.
    God,why everyone can not understand one thing? As it is now,azerite traits on normal dungeon gear are the same as for the mythic and M+ dungeon gear,but less powerful. You will be stuck to them for the whole xpac. New azerite traits you will see only on gear from next raids or new dungeons. Maybe, only maybe, they will add new trait tiers(5th,6th...) in future, but what kind of traits it will be? - "neutral" traits or class/spec specific traits(which is less likely,because we will have 2 tiers of spec traits,and it is similar to 2th/4th usual raid tiers)

Quote Originally Posted by Almiria View Post
    If you want to see some impactful azerite trait, here we go :

Shrouded Mantle Cloak of Shadows heals you for 208 every 1 sec, plus an additional 77 for each effect it negates.

Pack Spirit : While Ghost Wolf is active, heal for 39 every 1 sec.

Duck and Cover : Using Feign Death allows you to absorb 208 damage over 6 sec, and Feign Death's cooldown is reduced to 25 seconds.

Dagger in the Back Your damaging spells and abilities have a chance to fling a dagger at your target, causing them to bleed for 76 Physical damage over 12 sec, stacking up to 6 times. Stabbing them in the back applies 2 stacks.

Infinite Fury : When Recklessness expires, your Critical Strike is increased by 0 for 5 sec. Your auto attacks will refresh the duration of this effect.
    Bloodcraze : Bloodthirst gains 0 critical strike rating every 1 sec, up to 0 rating. This effect resets when Bloodthirst critically strikes.

and a special one : Reckless Flurry : Auto attacks deal 55 additional damage and reduce the cooldown of Recklessness by 0.5 sec

And there is many more, you're just blind

Remember that everything can stack up to 3 times if you use them on 3 armors.
    Imagine getting those effects x3, it's good enough to replace legendaries and artifact traits.
    Those are boring passives either a boost to a stat, healing or damage. That's nothing its the equivalent to have filler damage boost talents from wrath

If you think that's not boring you're delusional
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

My take on this: better than nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kran1um View Post
    My take on this: better than nothing.
    Better than nothing, but not better than the things it's meant to replace; artifacts, legendaries, tier sets, netherlight.

Quote Originally Posted by salvadorbard View Post
    Better than nothing, but not better than the things it's meant to replace; artifacts, legendaries, tier sets, netherlight.
    its not meant to replace anything.

Blizz has stated since launch of legion that everything will be purged. Problem is everyone got used to 2 legendaries and an overpowered weapon - they should have never implemented, maybe 2 leggos or 1 artifact, but not both. They wanted people to be OP for a year and a half to get subs, nothing more, nothing less. They tried it out and now everyone is so used to having all the powerful passives that they cant live without, alot of baddies wont/cant adapt. What did we do before legion artifacts... the only thing we'll be missing since Vanilla will be tier, but of course people forget last expansions /sarcasm.

Don't worry, they will adapt, and as soon as the expansion start they will understand the importance of azerite traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Vpuh View Post
    God,why everyone can not understand one thing? As it is now,azerite traits on normal dungeon gear are the same as for the mythic and M+ dungeon gear,but less powerful. You will be stuck to them for the whole xpac. New azerite traits you will see only on gear from next raids or new dungeons. Maybe, only maybe, they will add new trait tiers(5th,6th...) in future, but what kind of traits it will be? - "neutral" traits or class/spec specific traits(which is less likely,because we will have 2 tiers of spec traits,and it is similar to 2th/4th usual raid tiers)
    Mythic dungeon gear doesn't have traits at all and M+ isn't even in the game yet. What exactly are you basing that statement on?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Those are boring passives either a boost to a stat, healing or damage. That's nothing its the equivalent to have filler damage boost talents from wrath

If you think that's not boring you're delusional
    They're not more boring than Artifact traits or tier sets were, imo. Sure some of those were really cool and changed your rotation, but for the most part tier bonuses has always been "x ability does more damage, WOOOO".

Quote Originally Posted by Almiria View Post
    Don't worry, they will adapt, and as soon as the expansion start they will understand the importance of azerite traits.
    There is no importance to Azerite traits, because as of right now they are straight up garbage.

The only Azerite traits you should care about are the ones from the first and only raid that we know about which come much later in the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    There is no importance to Azerite traits, because as of right now they are straight up garbage.

The only Azerite traits you should care about are the ones from the first and only raid that we know about which come much later in the expansion.
    Try finding the best tier 1 / 2 / 3 for your spec from all the datamined ones, and multiply their effect by 3, some of them are more powerful than legendaries or elite weapon traits, that's what they said in the Q&A, when you combine 3 of the same trait over the 3 armors they are supposed to be more powerful than legion legendaries.
    If you don't understand yet, you will, when BFA launch, just wait and see.

I will just take this as an example : Reckless Flurry : Auto attacks deal 55 additional damage and reduce the cooldown of Recklessness by 0.5 sec
    If you get it in 3 armors it become :

Reckless Flurry : Auto attacks deal 165 additional damage and reduce the cooldown of Recklessness by 1.5 sec

Each auto attack reduce the cooldown of Recklessness by 1.5 and deal 165 damage. It's even more OP than convergance of fates "Your attacks have a chance to reduce the remaining cooldown on one of your powerful abilities by 3 sec.", here it's not a chance, but your auto attack.

For a full list of datamined traits, check this : http://www.wowhead.com/heart-of-azer...e-traits-guide
    Last edited by Almiria; 2018-06-01 at 09:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post

That is sure one dumb statement - some dungeon gear traits are pretty damn powerful already. You have stuff which when procs boosts damage more than Legion Legendaries do, some require you to do some legwork and some are simply stacking upkeep buff for tons of stats.

Can we please stop conflating flat numbers with gameplay?

So many of them have no interaction or decisions to make, they have improved a fair few of them over the past month so the hope is there but it's getting a little tight. The biggest issue to me is still that it's only 3 slots, it's just not adding enough to make things interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    Mythic dungeon gear doesn't have traits at all and M+ isn't even in the game yet. What exactly are you basing that statement on?
    Omg,please,stop it. This statement is based on ordinary logic and on Blizzcon panels. As you can see on this picture
    Azerite Armor
    Or did you really think that diffent modes of dungeons and raids will have different traits on gear?So, different traits for lfr,normal,heroic, mythic raid,normal,heroic,mythic and each lvl of M+ dungeon? Try to calculate how many traits they need to come up with to fill all this.
    Last edited by Vpuh; 2018-06-02 at 12:25 AM.

If you keep up with the beta build you would notice that has changed. We have only seen the dungeon azerite gear, but already higher difficulties have more rings. Heroic dungeons have 4 rings and normal dungeons have 3.
    So yes he is right, different modes will have different traits.

Man some of those traits were straight outta the artifacts (good thing) and some look good. Boring? Nah, only the first iterations.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    TIL. Today I learned:

Several people who play this game actually think that giving a 208 damage absorb shield to a hunter when they FEIGN DEATH is an interesting and compelling gameplay bonus.

Now I don't have to wonder why Blizzard is able to get away with this insanely boring and dogshit system.

- - - Updated - - -
    Well when this hits live servers players are going to riot. I mean even casual players did not like the NLC and the only reason the backlash wasn't that strong for the NLC was because it was tacked on at the end of the expansion. Azerite armor system is NLC 2.0 but it is being sold as the feature to add "class and spec depth" which is laughable if you think about it.

You have a choice between a passive proc that does damage, a passive proc that heals + vers X 2, a passive proc that creates a bubble, and passive that interacts with your currently chosen spec.

That is super bare bones as it is.

From alpha to beta we haven't seen much movement with Azerite armor system. What you see is most likely what you will receive.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    TIL. Today I learned:

Several people who play this game actually think that giving a 208 damage absorb shield to a hunter when they FEIGN DEATH is an interesting and compelling gameplay bonus.

Now I don't have to wonder why Blizzard is able to get away with this insanely boring and dogshit system.

- - - Updated - - -

You'd have to be extremely unintelligent to believe that every auto attack a Fury Warrior does is going to reduce the cooldown of their main DPS cooldown by 1.5 seconds.

Especially considering the spec now has like 35% haste built in baseline with some talent choices.

- - - Updated - - -

Siglius actually believes Blizzard is going to develop 100s of traits for each of the 36 specs.
    Lol you don't even realize that 208 is the base number for normal or even less than 300 ilvl, and that, Heroic, Mythic and Mythic+ gear will give more absorb.
    Worst, you forgot that you can stack 3 azerite traits so with that 208*3 you get 624, and there is the +5 ilvl for each azerite gear that will slightly up the number, and you're not even 300 ilvl with this number, maybe it's the base number for leveling.
    Now think about it, you can switch gear between adds packs and bosses on Mythic+, whenever you feel you need more def, you will switch to those 3 azerite gear.

For fury warrior, it was 1 sec per trait before the spec change, and they switched it to 0.5 sec per trait recently. Unless they change the whole trait, this is how it's gonna work.
    1.5 sec reduction per auto-attack for a 1.5min cooldown that increase 100% rage generation and give you 20% more crit chance, you'd have to be extremely unintelligent to believe that it's not possible.
    Last edited by Almiria; 2018-06-04 at 02:41 AM.