Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    In regards to the BfA races having the Death Knight class, it has to make sense. All the main races, besides pandas, have the Death Knight class. That's more than enough. HOWEVER, more customization options would be great!

I think that the Allied Race for the Forsaken, may have Death Knights available, which would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    You still have that image in a Deathknight, Unholy or Blood, what difference does it make what in-game spec they are? This is like getting mad about the Venom we got in Spider-Man because he wasn't the exact same thing from the comic book.
    We don't still have that image as a swift dual wielding class, though? That's the point.
    Frost was the spec that made the least sense for it, too.

2Hand frost is pretty much what arms warriors are now. Dont count on them bringing it back. Same goes for 2hand shaman
    Last edited by Adlian; 2018-04-15 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    So where is the time machine then.
    What time machine? For what? Just put them in directly in SW / OG and put in a talking head explaining that since they were not risen by the LK himself but rather by one of his underlings. There you go, no time machine needed.
    And do not start now with "but then they have to play through BC and woltk and cata etc THAT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE", it is the same for _every_ allied race now. That also does not make sense but nobody cares, so why care now?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raziella View Post
    We don't still have that image as a swift dual wielding class, though? That's the point.
    Frost was the spec that made the least sense for it, too.
    "Making sense" doesn't matter. You AREN'T Blizzard. Like I said, it's entitlement.

I swear, if we left calling the shots in you people's hands, every class would look like an Arms Warrior.

"Lets bring 2H Frost back"
    "Okay now Arms can have the big, hulking 2h"
    "Okay now Fury has two 2handers"
    "Okay now Unholy and Blood both have 2 handers, sweet! I love this!"
    "Hey, lets give survival a 2hander, sweet"
    "Hey, I heard Shamans wanted 2 hander back, here you go"
    "Hey, Ret Paladins need to be the bad ass, holy judgment man with a huge 2 hander!!!!!"

If this is okay with you, you are either 12 years old or extremely close-minded and shouldn't even have an opinion on this.
    Last edited by msdos; 2018-04-15 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    You must not hang out here much. Blizzard is on these forums all the time, and even posts frequently.
    That's what I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    "Making sense" doesn't matter. You AREN'T Blizzard. Like I said, it's entitlement.

I swear, if we left calling the shots in you people's hands, every class would look like an Arms Warrior.

"Lets bring 2H Frost back"
    "Okay now Arms can have the big, hulking 2h"
    "Okay now Fury has two 2handers"
    "Okay now Unholy and Blood both have 2 handers, sweet! I love this!"
    "Hey, lets give survival a 2hander, sweet"
    "Hey, I heard Shamans wanted 2 hander back, here you go"
    "Hey, Ret Paladins need to be the bad ass, holy judgment man with a huge 2 hander!!!!!"

If this is okay with you, you are either 12 years old or extremely close-minded and shouldn't even have an opinion on this.
    It's not entitlement, it's feedback.
    Maybe you're the immature one if you can't tell the difference. Your rant about other classes sort of backs that up, since people are having an adult discussion about how they view the DK class fantasy, and you're making asinine comments about classes that never had a 2H weapon, and for whom it doesn't fit the fantasy.
    Maybe your opinion is the one that's not based in fact here?

Yo I mained a frost DK since wrath and was 2H blood when that was a possible DPS spec then switched to 2H frost up until legion... now im unholy which I hate, but have to be since it's the only damage spec with 2H weapon usability! BRING IT BACK BABY

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    As opposed to the EIGHT races that will ultimately be playable by the Horde as Shaman vs. the FOUR the Alliance have?
    I think it's far past the point of vanilla where it was 1 for 1 pally v shaman. That era came and went and now I'm ok with an imbalance so long as there are alternatives, thanks to cata there are.

Arguing shaman v paladin now is kind of moot since over time we've learned that the elements and the light are pretty different and learning to wield either one of them can be easy or difficult based on the race, it seems much more feasible to become a shaman (see goblins) than a paladin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I google it and I see it. You link it and everyone that reads the thread sees it.

Besides which...that's just some quest text from the alpha.
    Who do we trust, NPCs in the alpha or some guy who really wants Troll paladins?
    Hm.... I wonder...

You can hope all you want, they're not gonna happen in BFA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    Go to the boss fight for lich king.
    He has like 2 frost spells compared to a ton of blood and unholy spells.
    Stop using a weapon name for you pathetic 2h frost agenda. Names mean nothing

- - - Updated - - -

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Lich_King_(tactics)
    Listen to the edgy guy whose sig is...

#tracerisawesomelycute

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Listen to the edgy guy whose sig is...

#tracerisawesomelycute
    i have had that sig since overwatch was still in beta.
    so i have no idea wtf you are even trying to get at
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    I think it's far past the point of vanilla where it was 1 for 1 pally v shaman. That era came and went and now I'm ok with an imbalance so long as there are alternatives, thanks to cata there are.

Arguing shaman v paladin now is kind of moot since over time we've learned that the elements and the light are pretty different and learning to wield either one of them can be easy or difficult based on the race, it seems much more feasible to become a shaman (see goblins) than a paladin.
    You misunderstand the point of my post. I personally do not care that there is a 1v1 for classes or not.

My comment was a counter to people complaining how unfair it was that the alliance had "so many more" choices for paladin. And just countering back that the horde have a more significant spread for Shaman. I think the balance is fair because of that.

People need to stop grousing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    yo i mained a frost dk since wrath and was 2h blood when that was a possible dps spec then switched to 2h frost up until legion... Now im unholy which i hate, but have to be since it's the only damage spec with 2h weapon usability! Bring it back baby
    preach!!!!

Deleted
    Yo I mained a frost DK since wrath and was 2H blood when that was a possible DPS spec then switched to 2H frost up until legion... now im unholy which I hate, but have to be since it's the only damage spec with 2H weapon usability! BRING IT BACK BABY
    I have too been maining DK since wrath-Wod and can't stand one handers on DKs.
    Recently re-rolled paladin since i got tired of the cancerous wound gameplay.

Okay, couple things:

The Kul'Tirans were active participants in the Third War on the Alliance side. There is no reason atall that they couldn't be added into the existing DK intro story the same way Goblins and Worgen were added in Cataclysm.

Dark Iron Dwarves and Zandalari are somewhat more nebulous, but certainly justifiable - at least as much so as Goblins and far more than Worgen. Both races were most definitely around and active in Scourge-affected areas, even if they weren't marshaling armies.

As for Void Elves, it is the literal biggest plot hole introduced so far in BFA that they can't be every class that Blood Elves can be. Void Elves are Blood Elf exiles who dabbled in the void and were kicked out of Silvermoon by Rommath very, very recently by the way the story is framed. It's a new development worth mentioning to Alleria Windrunner after she returns to Azeroth from the Argus campaign. There is absolutely no plot reason whatsoever that some of those exiles couldn't have been Death Knights or Demon Hunters. It's 100% because of the heritage armor grind.

The bloviating about faction-class balance being unfair to the Horde is nothing short of ridiculous. The horde has, currently, a 3-2 advantage on Druids, which will be 4-3 after Zandalari and Kul'Tirans are added, and a 6-3 advantage on Shaman, which will be 8-4 after Mag'har, Zandalari, and Dark Irons are added. That more than compensates for the Alliance having class advantage on exactly one hybrid, Paladins, which of the three is the one that gets the least racial customization.
    Last edited by Draeth; 2018-04-17 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Draeth View Post
    As for Void Elves, it is the literal biggest plot hole introduced so far in BFA that they can't be every class that Blood Elves can be. Void Elves are Blood Elf exiles who dabbled in the void and were kicked out of Silvermoon by Rommath very, very recently by the way the story is framed.
    Thank you for explaining this. They are basically the exact same race lol,

Quote Originally Posted by Raziella View Post
    It's not "entitlement" to say, hey, I really liked the idea of Death Knights in Arthas's image... a big, slow powerhouse with a giant honking runeblade from the frozen wastes.
    I mean, that's pretty much the iconic DK, and it was a bit weird to lose it.

I enjoy playing Unholy, and I like the class fantasy (if not the over-arcing lore Legion foisted on DKs) but I see the point.
    For class fantasy if you want to play as Arthas like in warcraft 3 you should play Unholy, just look at his spell list: Deathcoil, Unholy Aura, Death pact, and Animate Dead.

As the Lich King he gained more power and used more frost skills. But he obviously is more a mix between all specs. People confusing that the lich king was a frost 2-hander is just because of his looks, it's only because he was sitting on that damn frozen throne for years so he looked frozen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I... I actually Miss DW DK Tanking...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by itzLCD View Post
    Thank you for explaining this. They are basically the exact same race lol,
    Yes, basically. Void Elves did what the blood elves did. Embraced a different source and another part of them didn't agree. Though, void has always confused me due to holy and fel being meant to be volatile to the void energies.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

How does 1H or 2H affect you in your gameplay?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    How does 1H or 2H affect you in your gameplay?
    The same way as does transmog or having tree form on.