View Poll Results: Too many visual "content"?

Voters
378. This poll is closed
  • Yes

109 28.84%
  • No

269 71.16%
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Taukra Goundin View Post
    You can always quit if you're unhappy.

All you have mentioned is your opinion, so stop acting like you speak for everyone. Each person enjoys the game differently.
    You're absolutely wrong. It is not my opinion that WoW has got their art department on steroids.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I'm very worried about BFA.

Blizzard seems very keen on updating models and giving us new playable races and they're selling it to us as if it's content but it's not. That is troublesome and here's why.

New models won't keep us satisfied when there's nothing to do in game, they will also not make classes less clunky and PVP more balanced. They're effectively investing too much resources into visuals and superficial content which for some will die in less than a week.

Classes feel overwhelmingly clunky and boring especially since they introduced their new GCD which serves no real purpose. Meanwhile they're busy drawing new models for irrelevant characters such as Rexxar and making Orcs stand upright as if that is something people actually want.

It's as if more than half the team is on drawing duty instead of actually developing anything.

AI islands are very trivial content which for some reason are being praised upon just because the NPCS can jump and use Polymorph. Please.

The faction war is a welcome change indeed and that is the only redeeming feature of the expansion so far, but instead of trying to build some real PVP content they're using those resources to build an WC3 simulator in game which is effectively PVE content. What's the point of going to war with random NPCS and fight for resources on islands against more NPCS?

It seems like Blizzard is selling Visuals as Content and people are buying it.

What do you think?
    I think that you're acting ridiculous and expect me to do so as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Busted.

No.. He's a good stalker but he's missing some crumbs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skeetersauce View Post
    Are they implementing the stupid bullshit scaling in BFA zones? Scaling was such a horrible design for this game.

Also, kalimdor.... Is a continent. Eastern kingdoms...is a continent. Northrend... Is a continent. These new 'zones' are just islands. Islands with one zone cut up into 3 zones to make it look like something more than it is.

Just release classic servers before i piss meself.
    Which will be empty 24/7 after leveling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    I think that you're acting ridiculous and expect me to do so as well.
    That's the problem with some of you guys. You end up thinking too much when you should be helping WoW become a better game

Deleted
    I see raid, i see dungeons, i see world quest, i see PvP, i see warfronts, i see island expedictions etc.

What's your point again?

WELL, Please stop stalking me.
    It's not against the rules to look at someone's post history and quote people, nor is it morally wrong.

What is wrong is blatantly lying and trolling

I hope more people will report you, so that the mods respond sooner. Either Way, you'll soon have a Special place in my ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    I see raid, i see dungeons, i see world quest, i see PvP, i see warfronts, i see island expedictions etc.

What's your point again?
    We should start paying attention to what really matters instead of discussing 24/7 the next allied race

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    It's not against the rules to look at someone's post history and quote people, nor is it morally wrong.

What is wrong is blatantly lying and trolling

I hope more people will report you, so that the mods respond sooner. Either Way, you'll soon have a Special place in my ignore list.
    Why don't you participate and tell us why we're wrong instead of attacking my peerless reputation? That's not very civil of you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    As a Monk/DK main I'm extremely disappointed (nothing has really changed since the shitty remake in Legion) but I haven't preordered so I wouldn't say that I'm worried. It's not that we're forced to play the game. If they think "allied races" are somehow a gameplay feature (it was mostly pre-order bait) and therefor neglect the rest of the game... Good luck with that.
    They are doing that and people aren't aware or don't care. Look at this forum. All people talk about is the next fantasy race from their dreams. They dont even care about good gameplay anymore

That's the problem with some of you guys. You end up thinking too much when you should be helping WoW become a better game
    Your biggest contribution to the improvement of the game would be if you remove yourself from it - and all related forums. Nits like you have always been the game's biggest problem.

Deleted
    We should start paying attention to what really matters instead of discussing 24/7 the next allied race

- - - Updated - - -

Why don't you participate and tell us why we're wrong instead of attacking my peerless reputation? That's not very civil of you.
    I bet in 7 pages you never told anyone what is that really matters. Only void words. Tikcol style.

It doesn't matter how many people are working on what. When all you see coming out are superficial content like upright orcs and ogre models instead of new features and class balance/design then you know something is wrong.

They're wasting their time and our money by drawing instead of developing
    Have you ever stopped to think that maybe this is all they want to share with us at this time? Have you thought that maybe sharing a mount that is a reskin with new armour probably doesn't take much time to do to the talented artists at Blizzard?

No you probably didn't think of this because you want all the information to the expansion so you can make a roadmap to complete everything in one month and then start complaining that there is nothing to do. If you don't like how Blizzard does things then go start your own company and do things differently. Or maybe go get a job with them and change things from within.

The thing about islands and these new advanced ai is probably a test. How much more engaging do you think dungeons would be if this ai worked and was put into dungeons? Sure would make it feel like you're dealing with an actual enemy instead of mindless demons like every demon boss we've dealt with during the artifact quests...

That's baseline. Doesn't count.

- - - Updated - - -

They're not being very productive considering everything coming out is art.
    No thats not baseline. Thats new content coming with BfA. I saw few of your posts here and Im sure now discussion with you is just pointless. Just another troll thread with silly statements.

It's blatantly obcious that the art team is bigger by design. They're consciously utilizing more resources on art to make it seem like BFA is full of content when in fact it's full of drawings.
    ...Okay? And how would repurposing the art team create more content elsewhere? Outside of physical office space and employee salaries (neither of which should be a concern for a company like Blizzard), what interchangeable resources are being spent on art? It's also important to remember that in the past the devs have stated that the major bottleneck for creating new content is the artwork. This is why older expansions shared so many copy pasted assets, from doodads and mobs to entire chunks of dungeons.

I'm not saying your concerns regarding the gameplay aren't warranted, but you're wasting energy in the wrong place if you think the quality and quantity of the art is to blame for this.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Suddenly Orcs underwent posture therapy. How immersive..
    Yes, it's quite immersive to have your character look like it's supposed to, instead of a cripple.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    No thats not baseline. Thats new content coming with BfA. I saw few of your posts here and Im sure now discussion with you is just pointless. Just another troll thread with silly statements.
    There's a minimum amount of content to warrant an expansion label. Otherwise it would simply be another patch for free. You're paying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    I bet in 7 pages you never told anyone what is that really matters. Only void words. Tikcol style.
    He was mentioning next allied race but nothing more, too vague for worry.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Ive played since vanilla and THE ONLY thing that keeps me playing is new cosmetics and such. Im sick of raiding, Im sick of dailies, Im sick of most pve content and ranked pvp...but I love to play casually, beat a raid on HC once and done with it, collect transmogs, do some pvp, go to the world pvp world quests, play with alts, try new races, farm mage tower artifact skins etc...so its actually the opposite, if no new cosmetics came out and instead only pve content THATS when Id be worried.

Nighthold couldnt keep me interested, Tomb might have been the single biggest killer to my enjoyment of the game and made me unsub longer than I ever have before, didnt even step foot in Argus cept to kill last wing of raid finder, and now that I dont raid or anything Ive had more fun than ever...tried out playing alliance leveled some dwarves and a void elf, got transmogs for alt classes completed all sets for main, farmed half the mage tower by now its nice. Can't wait to unlock all the heritage armor and lvl some new races.

The most fun thing in the game for me that keeps me playing now is getting transmogs and gear sets, along with some M+. Cant wait til BFA fixes transmog runs again.
    Last edited by Imurbandaid; 2018-04-16 at 05:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Yes, it's quite immersive to have your character look like it's supposed to, instead of a cripple.
    Orcs are bent. Nothing wrong with that. If you want straight you should go alliance. They look like bloody sticks over there.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada, Northern Ontario (the French part)
    In the few cases where the classes don't feel clunky, they play exactly the same as in Legion. It's a new expansion. Where's the new stuff? Spent on Fox models? Money well spent...
    So don't spend it, or do like I did and buy it with gold. I did the same with Destiny 2, haven't played it in Months but no regrets. It's funny how little it matters if a game does well or not when you paid in WoW gold. Even if you only play a few hours of it you've gotten your money's worth. So honestly, Blizzard can do what they want, they've given me an opportunity to not pay out of pocket and that's pretty damn cool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    He was mentioning next allied race but nothing more, too vague for worry.
    Search for his threads, this is his "t***ing" style. He say X is not good. Be he never say for what reason and a possible solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Imurbandaid View Post
    Ive played since vanilla and THE ONLY thing that keeps me playing is new cosmetics and such. Im sick of raiding, Im sick of dailies, Im sick of most pve content and ranked pvp...but I love to play casually, beat a raid on HC once and done with it, collect transmogs, do some pvp, go to the world pvp world quests, play with alts, try new races, farm mage tower artifact skins etc...so its actually the opposite, if no new cosmetics came out and instead only pve content THATS when Id be worried.
    You can already play as an ogre or a naga of you want and you won't even get baned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Orcs are bent. Nothing wrong with that. If you want straight you should go alliance. They look like bloody sticks over there.
    Orcs are both...
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..