Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

4th Specs, if they ever come live, what makes sense for each class?

Well, i guess the title says it all.

There are classes that would make sense to have a 4th spec. Which spec would you add for each class (except druid of course), and which do you consider relevant related to the class fantasy and history, or not that important?

I have already added a few new ideas from other people that posted below, and i have rearrenged the order, so it goes from plate to cloth.

Already exists:

- DRUID: TANK: Guardian tank spec was created to focus on Feral spec to become dps only

New specs for the existing classes with 3 specs:

- WARRIOR: DPS Gladiator spec (1 hand weapon and shield)
    --> This spec already existed in game as a stance in the protection spec before legion. It could return as an independent spec.

- DEATH KNIGHT: Not an easy one, but the focus could be on a new spec based on a vampire or necromancer fantasy concept, or maybe a ghostly warrior / knight (because the current specs are going into the necromancer, vampire and white walker fantasy). Maybe:
    --> Create another new dps spec that goes more on the spooky knight / warrior fantasy. A ghostly knight that uses enchanted weapons and warriorish combat, like spikes and traps that impale enemies, flying weapons, chains that harm their enemies, etc.
    --> Create HEALER vampire spec based on taking health from enemies and with it restoring and healing allies instead
    --> Split blood into two specs, one tank and one "vampiric" dps spec
    --> Split unholy into two specs, one purely necromantic and one more focused on diseases
    --> Create a Lich form as a new dps spec

- PALADIN: It is a warrior priest hybrid that ONLY uses holy magic. For me, a more caster spec makes more sense so:
    --> Create a DPS Holy Caster with melee abilities

- HUNTER: DPS Dark Ranger spec (Sylvanas' dark and undeath abilities / Alleria voidish abilities)
    --> Dark Rangers have existed since Sylvanas appeared in the Lore. They would make more sense as a hunter spec than as a hero class, maybe.
    --> One possible change would be to turn the current survival melee spec into a tank spec.

- SHAMAN: TANK with earth elemental abilities
    --> Before BC xpac, paladins and shamans were faction restricted. Blizzard's initial idea was probably to make both tanks, as Shamans have shields, but after vanilla shamans and paladins went to both factions and blizzard decided to make them unique from each other, and make a caster DPS and a melee DPS for shaman instead of a TANK spec. As Shamans use all four elements, it could make sense for Shamans to have each spec based on the fantasy of each element: WATER (restoration: healing waters), WIND (enhancement: swift attacks and agility, "windfury"), FIRE (elemental: although all elements appear, fire embodies the concept of destruction and elemental DPS power) and EARTH (TANK, the new spec based on earth element defensive abilities, also earth element is also a tank)

- MONK: a new healer combat spec or a more caster spec with chi magic, or even all four specs based on the four celestials
    --> HEALER by combat, aka fist weaving: Just like gladiator spec, this spec already existed in game before legion as a part of mistweaver spec. It could return as an independent spec.
    --> Possible another dps spec, this time based on ranged abilities from chi energy. Probably based on each celestial. As mistweaving is Crane, brewmaster is the black ox, windwalker the white tiger, a chi casterish dps would represent the jade serpent.

- ROGUE: Tank with two 1-hand swords or a dps focused more on ranged attacks.
    --> TANK with dual sword abilities, and all other leather classes can be tanks: All leather classes have a tanking spec, except for rogue. Making a dual sword tanking spec could make sense for rogues.
    --> DPS with ranged and melee attacks: ranged attacks like shurikens, exploding fireworks, bombs, poisoned darts should have more relevance on this spec, with some melee to add with the dps.

- PRIEST: It is a caster that ONLY uses holy and shadow magic. For me, the only spec left that could make sense would be:
    --> Create HEALER with shadow magic only abilities, a dark priest that uses the void to restore his allies
    --> If we get a Holy healer and a shadow healer, perhaps Discipline could become a pure holy dps spec, just like shadow is with void energies

- MAGE: mages use pure raw magic abilities related to arcane magic ONLY, and not to holy, shadow, fel, necromantic or nature. Maybe:
    --> Battle Mage: melee and magic dps hybrid, or one sword battle mage.
    --> Spellbreaker mage: like the blood elf unit from warcraft 3, or WoD ogres' spellbreakers.
    --> Time / Chronomancer mage: A mage that uses mainly time spells
    --> Create HEALER spec using arcane energies and abilities
    --> Create another DPS spec with another elemental source (earth, wind, storm, whatever)

- WARLOCK: A demon tank spec or a dps spec based on tribal dark magics
    --> TANK with demonic pets or abilities (MUST be different from vengeance demon hunters): Warlock always had a possibility for somewhat tanking with tanking pets or with the demon form. making a tank spec could work, as it has been requested for a while.
    --> A new dps spec based on blood rituals, sacrifices, tribal dark magics

Especial:

- DEMON HUNTER: Not an easy one, especially as there are only 2 specs, and not three, and it has do be based on fel and on demonic energies or abilities, or something else which is totally new. I am not having ideas that could work based on their lore and that would be different from havoc and vengeance specs, besides these two specs below:
    --> Create HEALER spec using the holy demon hunter, the transformation Xe'ra wanted for Illidan
    --> Create WARDEN DPS spec using fel and non fel abilities, it is when the hunt becomes the hunter. Demon hunters and wardens have passed so much time together that their differences have been reduced through time. Cordana felsong also happened, so wardens believes changed after legion and embraced a new mission: to teach their once prisioners their ways to become the new wardens of Azeroth.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-04-18 at 03:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    The fact you didn't make the Monk an archer bothers me.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    - HUNTER: DPS Dark Ranger spec (Sylvanas' dark and undeath abilities / Alleria voidish abilities)
    --> Dark Rangers have existed since Sylvanas appeared in the Lore. They would make more sense as a hunter spec than as a hero class, maybe.

- SHAMAN: TANK with earth elemental abilities
    --> Before BC xpac, paladins and shamans were faction restricted. Blizzard's initial idea was probably to make both tanks, as Shamans have shields, but after vanilla shamans and paladins went to both factions and blizzard decided to make them unique from each other, and make a caster DPS and a melee DPS for shaman instead of a TANK spec. As Shamans use all four elements, it could make sense for Shamans to have each spec based on the fantasy of each element: WATER (restoration: healing waters), WIND (enhancement: swift attacks and agility, "windfury"), FIRE (elemental: although all elements appear, fire embodies the concept of destruction and elemental DPS power) and EARTH (TANK, the new spec based on earth element defensive abilities, also earth element is also a tank)

- PALADIN: Not an easy one, because it is a warrior priest hybrid that ONLY uses holy magic. For me, a more caster spec makes more sense so:
    --> Create a DPS Holy Caster with melee abilities

- PRIEST: Not an easy one, because it is a caster that ONLY uses holy and shadow magic. For me, the only spec left that could make sense would be:
    --> Create HEALER with shadow magic only abilities, a dark priest that uses the void to restore his allies
    These four are the highlights for me. I mean, especially the holy ranged dps and the shadow priest healer spec are worth to get Blizzard's attention.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

Quote Originally Posted by God King Rastakhan View Post
    Mages should get a spellsword spec, a melee dps using close range spells and also melee attacks, using a 1h sword. Fire have been flirting with the idea ever since vanilla, but blizzard never dared to take the leap.
    There is even a raid boss in Legion that is sort of a spellsword mage, Spellblade Aluriel.

10+ Year Old Account
    from my experience i really dont want any rogues to be my tank
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Mages should get a spellsword spec, a melee dps using close range spells and also melee attacks, using a 1h sword. Fire have been flirting with the idea ever since vanilla, but blizzard never dared to take the leap.
    Ah yes. Battle mages. going to add that.

And i also forgot the spellbreakers from warcraft 3's blood elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Paladin, I have two ideas for that. Either A: Zealot, a ranged Holy DMG specc. Or B: Templar, a Protection DPS specc.

As for monk, no. They should have a ranged dmg specc, not a secondary healing specc that has connections with the primary.

Death Knight, I am so going to be hated for this, Necromancer. Ranged DPS Specc.

And no thanks, Warlocks shouldn't be tanks nor should rogues.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Paladin: Inquisitor - Range dps with holy spells. Basically shockadin, but viable and more polished.

Demon Hunter: Felwarden - Range dps. Throws the Warden's Glaives like chakrams and mixes it with Chaos ranged spells

Hunter: Skirmisher - Tank. mobile, agile tank, uses a spear in 1 hand and a shield in the other. Takes on various animal aspects to enhance his tanking prowess.

Rogue: Ninja - Range dps. Primary weapon a bow, and mixes it with shurikens, exploding fireworks, bombs, poisoned darts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Paladin, I have two ideas for that. Either A: Zealot, a ranged Holy DMG specc. Or B: Templar, a Protection DPS specc.
    Isn't protection spec the templar spec?
    Also ranged holy dps is what i've added.

Going to add the caster dps for monk as alternative.

Agreed, a battlemage....

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't protection spec the templar spec?
    Also ranged holy dps is what i've added.

Going to add the caster dps for monk as alternative.
    Templar is normally marked as a dps/tank specc. Using a 2h weapon + shield.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Valerian Atreides View Post
    Paladin: Inquisitor - Range dps with holy spells. Basically shockadin, but viable and more polished.

Demon Hunter: Felwarden - Range dps. Throws the Warden's Glaives like chakrams and mixes it with Chaos ranged spells

Hunter: Skirmisher - Tank. mobile, agile tank, uses a spear in 1 hand and a shield in the other. Takes on various animal aspects to enhance his tanking prowess.

Rogue: Ninja - Range dps. Primary weapon a bow, and mixes it with shurikens, exploding fireworks, bombs, poisoned darts.
    Well, the rogue idea is interesting. Not sure if skirmisher would work. Maybe turn the current survival spec into a tank spec?
    Also the first two ideas are already up.

Deleted
    what makes sense
    NOTHIN of your post does. 4th specc is NEVER gonna happen. thread closed

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post

As for monk, no. They should have a ranged dmg specc, not a secondary healing specc that has connections with the primary.

Death Knight, I am so going to be hated for this, Necromancer. Ranged DPS Specc.

And no thanks, Warlocks shouldn't be tanks nor should rogues.
    Yeah, they don't really know what to do with 1 healing monk spec, imagine that with 2. But Crane as a ranged DPS would be swell, finally the class would feel complete (3 specs but 4 celestials :/ )
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Thunder Focus Tea can now be combined with a bit of milk and a few drops of vanilla extract to produce a lovely hot beverage for all seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Pucek View Post
    Yeah, they don't really know what to do with 1 healing monk spec, imagine that with 2. But Crane as a ranged DPS would be swell, finally the class would feel complete (3 specs but 4 celestials :/ )
    Ah of course, specs according to the four celestials. I also had that idea once, but i forgot to place it here today.
    Going to add that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I made a Mage 4th spec concept some time ago, which fed from Chromie's toolkit from HotS.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ime-Mage-(DPS)

Here's my take.

- WARRIOR: Gladiator. Sword and board DPS. Expanded use of shield for offense purposes.

- HUNTER: Here I'd make a little bit of an overhaul. Current Survival spec merges with current BM, both toolkits synergize very well and would as well make a great single spec. MM focused a lil more on sniping. Old survival comes back. Then, the fourth spec could be Spellbow (arcane archer, there are in fact some in game) or Dark ranger.

- SHAMAN: Earthwarder. Tank.

- WARLOCK: Blood Warlock. Blood rites, sacrifices, etc. RAGEZONE.

- MONK: Spiritdancer, based on the teachings of Chi-Ji, the red crane. Ranged DPS mobile caster.

- ROGUE: Arcane trickster. Medium range Magical/Physical DPS.

- DEATH KNIGHT: Necromancer. Caster DPS. It'd be great if it inherited some abilities from D2 and D3 necro.

- PALADIN: Avenger. Calls upon the weapons and powers from fallen paladins. It would be essentially a holy caster that summons ethereal blessed weapons. Abilities like Blessed hammer would make sense in this spec.

- PRIEST: Chanter. Resembling the power of Naaru, channels resonating light and void energy through crystal shards going through light and void phases. Something like Boomkin old eclipse.

- DEMON HUNTER: Voidseeker. Demon Hunters attune to the void menace, learning from the creatures and monsters of the void to fight fire with fire.

- DEMON HUNTER 2: Plague. The Demon Hunter takes the abilities of the Nathrezim, using their shadow and death and decay magic. Carrion swarm, etc.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

a yes this 'awsome' idea again

apart from some cases like shamans (earthwarden tank) which a 4th spec does indeed come naturally, for most classes do you realize that we barely managed to make sense of the 3rd spec?

priest: discipline was mostly a 'wtf is this' spec till it was reinvented as a bubble spec and later as a dps/heal hybrid spec
    rogue: assa and sub have been too similar while combat lacked identity till legion
    hunter: survivival is still in an identity crisis, till legion it was basically a marksman with more elemental dmg, in legion they realized it makes no sense and attempted to turn it into melee with medicore results
    mage: arcane has been mostly about generic and flavourless improvements then it became the AB spam spec (one button spec) till they finally got the grasp of it again in legion
    DH: vengeance was invented in legion because having just one spec would be lame

do i need to go on? even suggesting that there's a new spec out there for every class is funny and will lead to B grade content with stuff that barely make sense just for the sake of it

7+ Year Old Account
    They'd definitely use blade master over gladiator or they wouldnt have kept gladiator for 1 expac

Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    NOTHIN of your post does. 4th specc is NEVER gonna happen. thread closed
    Probably yes. But we can always discuss it, no?

Maybe one or two could come out earlier though.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-04-18 at 12:07 PM.

I would vote WoTLK Combat, maybe even Cata Combat as the 4th rogue spec and put Outlaw to shame.