Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by element zero View Post
    Worse than “hey we found some panda people on an island” ?
    I never got that criticism. Every xpac is about finding some animal inspired guys on some piece of land. Unless you really prefer goats or cows or walrusses or spiders or monkeys or fish or... over pandas (or maybe you just hate really big islands?) this really doesnt seem like a valid complaint about MoP to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    * Warfronts and Islands are glorified invasion points
    And in a way arent raids and dungeons just glorified invasion points? I mean you do go through a portal and then you fight some mobs.
    Last edited by owbu; 2018-05-10 at 01:08 PM.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Deleted
    "some panda on an island" and yet MOP was one of the best xpac we got.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks bad, yep. Seems more like an extension of Legion and not an expansion of WoW.

* Warfronts and Islands are glorified invasion points
    * main feature - allied races - does not really add any exciting gameplay, just visuals
    * 95% honor talents are the same.........
    * classes are mostly the same... when class design in Legion was atrocious and forums are overwhelmed with negative feedback. rlly?
    * more pruning
    * uninspiring Azerite traits
    also, honorary mention:
    * forced Personal Loot to further increase the RNG in the game

It all feels rushed and cheap. For sure the least amount of work ever put into classes in a WoW expansion

* Warfronts and Islands are glorified invasion points // somebody already answered this
    * main feature - allied races - does not really add any exciting gameplay, just visuals // like adding new classes add gameplay if somebody doesn't play them
    * 95% honor talents are the same......// this is dumb, especially when you try War Mode
    * classes are mostly the same. // this is so stupid that i'm having a stroke [Demo, SV, WW, Retri]
    * more pruning // no actual proof nor IQ skill to comprehend what "pruning" means in a negative way.
    * uninspiring Azerite traits // We don't have seen Dungeon Myth ones nor Raid one so [This is Stupid]x2

* forced Personal Loot to further increase the RNG in the game // Subjective

It is incredible how "nayers" can't even make good "negative" post, it is like reading some anti-vaxx peons on facebookl : no research just feelings

Was talking about first impressions of the story, not the quality of the expansion itself.

Deleted
    Ah well the first impression can be right or wrong, if you find at the end of MOP that the entire story [if you followed it] was still "meh" well degustibus.

BfA is clearly a MOP 2.0 from Story prespective, H vs A then "big enemy step up", combined force H + A pew pew the Big Enemy

Yes, but Classic was announced. Who cares about bad games like BFA anymore..

looking at BfA

I like:
    ■ we have new zones with new flora/baddies and new story lines.
    ■ Classes not changed but polished, but caveat (see below)
    ■ No more legendaries!
    ■ New raids.

I dont like:
    ■ The main story line making horde look genocidal.
    ■ There is no big baddy that we will go after.
    ■ too much emphasis on pvp and trying to revive world pvp that has been dead since vanilla.
    ■ pvp gear yet again not at the center of progression. It used to be: get gear to get stronger to stomp on the others. Now, they want to limit artificially how strong you become. pvp has always been unfair, why this?
    ■ pve gear set gone. what a sad state of affairs...
    ■ master loot gone, for high end pve this is crap
    ■ titanforge and the diablo-isation of wow with running countless mythic+/warfront/whatever to hope for a special drop
    ■ The complete let down of the guild as the core social group to play an mmo with various features that hurt guilds.
    ■ some classes in pve look like they got a short stick: no buff, no burst aoe, no good single target dps (yeah,. this is not final, we shall see).
    ■ Healing by design becoming the hardest job in pve (to find good healers has become a pain)
    ■ pve boss design with single failures becoming a wipe: I hate this design.
    ■ pve 10 man mythic gone. I raid 20 man mythic, but I found that woltk raiding was healthier with many 10 man/20 man raiding mythic.

This is just an opinion in a sea of opinions, dont get mad, do not get personal, do not see it as an attack on how YOU play wow (which is fine!).

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    The real problem is that the gameplay is fucking abysmally boring and 'getting used to it' doesn't fix the problem that it's bad gameplay designed around increasing the amount of time it takes to complete tasks via killing mobs (99% of the game) and thus reduces the time it takes to get gold, thus is an overall net gold value increase by reducing efficiency, even with something as minor as GCDs it is grand enough when factoring millions of players and millions of characters.

What would be nice is if you people would stop for 13 seconds and realize that your gameplay is being designed around the time it takes to gain gold all so Blizzard can sell those statistics to investors for profit. Then we can all finally be on the same page as to why Blizzard is a horrible fucking company for ruining World of Warcraft.
    Sounds like you need to play another game then.

Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    As far as item sets and class progression goes, we do have this new item called the Heart of Azeroth and used in combination with Azurite gear it provides a sense of progression and fills the roles of item sets and artifacts.
    No it doesn't. That's exactly the point.

We lose (most) Artifacts (skills+traits), Legendaries, T-Sets and the only thing we get in exchange is Azerite Armour that's one of the most boring and underwhelming features ever implemented. So we lose 3 (4) things and get 1 (passive) thing as compensation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kran1um View Post
    Sounds like you need to play another game then.
    Great answer, then we're back to WoD sub numbers (or most likely even lower because BfA doesn't just look bad, it's bad) and Blizzard is like "what did we do wrong this time?"
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Great answer, then we're back to WoD sub numbers (or most likely even lower because BfA doesn't just look bad, it's bad) and Blizzard is like "what did we do wrong this time?"
    Legion numbers already seem to be lower than WoD's. Just saying. And yes, BFA is looking very much worse than Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    looking at BfA

I like:
    ■ we have new zones with new flora/baddies and new story lines.
    ■ Classes not changed but polished, but caveat (see below)
    ■ No more legendaries!
    ■ New raids.

I dont like:
    ■ The main story line making horde look genocidal.
    ■ There is no big baddy that we will go after.
    ■ too much emphasis on pvp and trying to revive world pvp that has been dead since vanilla.
    ■ pvp gear yet again not at the center of progression. It used to be: get gear to get stronger to stomp on the others. Now, they want to limit artificially how strong you become. pvp has always been unfair, why this?
    ■ pve gear set gone. what a sad state of affairs...
    ■ master loot gone, for high end pve this is crap
    ■ titanforge and the diablo-isation of wow with running countless mythic+/warfront/whatever to hope for a special drop
    ■ The complete let down of the guild as the core social group to play an mmo with various features that hurt guilds.
    ■ some classes in pve look like they got a short stick: no buff, no burst aoe, no good single target dps (yeah,. this is not final, we shall see).
    ■ Healing by design becoming the hardest job in pve (to find good healers has become a pain)
    ■ pve boss design with single failures becoming a wipe: I hate this design.
    ■ pve 10 man mythic gone. I raid 20 man mythic, but I found that woltk raiding was healthier with many 10 man/20 man raiding mythic.

This is just an opinion in a sea of opinions, dont get mad, do not get personal, do not see it as an attack on how YOU play wow (which is fine!).
    "■ pve 10 man mythic gone. I raid 20 man mythic, but I found that woltk raiding was healthier with many 10 man/20 man raiding mythic."

What'd you smoke? Wotlk mythic... :_D

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    "■ pve 10 man mythic gone. I raid 20 man mythic, but I found that woltk raiding was healthier with many 10 man/20 man raiding mythic."

What'd you smoke? Wotlk mythic... :_D
    Well mythic is the old heroic. So WotLK heroic raids. But 10 man mythic has never existed. Don't know why hes saying is a negative for BfA since it has been "gone" since SoO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beckers View Post
    My god that's pathetic, go find some real problems.
    This is perfect response to all whine posts about a game mate 10/10

looks bad and is are two different thing
    Be feared, or be fuel

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Legion numbers already seem to be lower than WoD's. Just saying. And yes, BFA is looking very much worse than Legion.
    Ahh yes. Wouldn't be MMOC without rda making silly claims that he can't back up.

with how bad warfronts are proving to be there's just no hope left for battle for azeroth not being the worst expansion of wow.

i dont say this lightly. i was hyped for legion and i even gave wod the benefit of the doubt. but each and every decision blizzard has made for battle for azeroth so far, with the sole exception of account-wide prestige, is just miserable. there is nothing to look forward to. for all their talk about the "long term health of the game" the best decision they could make now is scrapping the entire expansion and starting over. even if it means another 2 years of antorus. drop in an extra filler raid if you have to but battle for azeroth is an unrecoverable loss and it can only be mitigated by how far they are or are not willing to follow through on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    Ahh yes. Wouldn't be MMOC without rda making silly claims that he can't back up.
    I don’t think that’s a silly claim at all. WoD has a bad dip but a lot of people enjoyed hellfire citadel and that zone a lot more than antorus and argus

Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    with how bad warfronts are proving to be there's just no hope left for battle for azeroth not being the worst expansion of wow.

i dont say this lightly. i was hyped for legion and i even gave wod the benefit of the doubt. but each and every decision blizzard has made for battle for azeroth so far, with the sole exception of account-wide prestige, is just miserable. there is nothing to look forward to. for all their talk about the "long term health of the game" the best decision they could make now is scrapping the entire expansion and starting over. even if it means another 2 years of antorus. drop in an extra filler raid if you have to but battle for azeroth is an unrecoverable loss and it can only be mitigated by how far they are or are not willing to follow through on it.

Yeah WoW teams effort to focus on "long term health" of the game while they put little focus on the current expansion is going to hurt the the long term healthy of the game.

BFA is seemingly filler like WoD...the difference is WoD was cut short development wise by 6.2. Will they do the same with BFA by the second or third major patch?

Ok thank you, you may leave and go back to your cavern now.

Quote Originally Posted by KingKaom View Post
    I don’t think that’s a silly claim at all. WoD has a bad dip but a lot of people enjoyed hellfire citadel and that zone a lot more than antorus and argus
    No he's literally objectively making shit up because official information debunks it from the Blizzard Earnings Call.

World of Warcraft over-performed versus the prior expansion at this point in time, with higher engagement sequentially and strong community participation with in-game purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by element zero View Post
    Worse than “hey we found some panda people on an island” ?
    Nah cause it was different and MoP ended up being one of the best expansions apart from being a bit heavy on dailies early on. But I'd take dailies over world quests after playing legion because at least dailies can end when you want you dont need to grind them all fucking expansion