Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilivath View Post
    Mine are a bit older. But Solsacra's are up to date.
    Yeah, I saw, when searching for them that yours have way more downtime.

But still, 9-10% downtime is still too high I think...

I don't really care if Blizzard wants to slow down some classes (even if I don't really like slow classes), but they need a reason for that... But for Ret, to me it's just removing all kind of difficulty to the gameplay since our main "difficulty" is to know which ability to use at any given time to generate the most Holy Power during the fight by managing the cooldown of our abilities. But to do so, we need several abilities to use. If we just have 1 (or 0) after a few second in the fight, we don't have any meaningful choices to make, we just press on what shines.

But, it seems that even if Blizzard said "We're done with major changes", they aren't that "done", so hopefully we will have a little bit of their time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vratz View Post
    Yeah, I saw, when searching for them that yours have way more downtime.

But still, 9-10% downtime is still too high I think...

I don't really care if Blizzard wants to slow down some classes (even if I don't really like slow classes), but they need a reason for that... But for Ret, to me it's just removing all kind of difficulty to the gameplay since our main "difficulty" is to know which ability to use at any given time to generate the most Holy Power during the fight by managing the cooldown of our abilities. But to do so, we need several abilities to use. If we just have 1 (or 0) after a few second in the fight, we don't have any meaningful choices to make, we just press on what shines.

But, it seems that even if Blizzard said "We're done with major changes", they aren't that "done", so hopefully we will have a little bit of their time.
    If Legion taught me anything, it's to expect Ret to suck when 8.0/BfA goes live. They will then do a round of changes after launch. I levelled my DK first in Legion, but they then buffed Ret at the beginning of EN so I ended up taking 2 weeks off progress raiding to level and gear. That was a nightmare....

I'm hoping to go into BfA on the class I know I'll main and I have a funny feeling it'll be Paladin, no matter how crap we are...

I'm okay with how the playstyle looks (still no beta) but I'm concerned with the downtime and the GCD changes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamato88 View Post
    If Legion taught me anything, it's to expect Ret to suck when 8.0/BfA goes live. They will then do a round of changes after launch. I levelled my DK first in Legion, but they then buffed Ret at the beginning of EN so I ended up taking 2 weeks off progress raiding to level and gear. That was a nightmare....

I'm hoping to go into BfA on the class I know I'll main and I have a funny feeling it'll be Paladin, no matter how crap we are...

I'm okay with how the playstyle looks (still no beta) but I'm concerned with the downtime and the GCD changes.
    Well, the gameplay seems pretty good yes. Ret paladin have a really simple base mecanics of generating a simple ressource and then spend it, but it's fine to me. I'm not searching for the hardest class to play just to be able to call every body a noob when I beat them DPS wise when i'm playing a really hard class. I'm just searching for a class I will like.

And, fantasy wise, or cosmetic wise, paladin will ever be one of my favorite and I really want to play it.

Talents also looks quite good I think, still unsure about Consecration, I like the ability but I'm not sure if it really fits retribution.

But yeah, my main concern is that I cannot see any good reason to have a slow gameplay (because utility isn't a reason), to me it hurst ret paladin more than it helps it. We are no Feral druids that needs some time to be able to make some meaningful choices and that needs to have less Energy than what they need to be GCD capped because if energy wasn't a problem, then their meaningful choices would have less impact.

Being a fast paced class as a Ret paladin IS, to me what makes our choices meaningful and can make the difference between a good and a not so good player.

I think 5% downtime is fine, 10% is way too much.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vratz View Post

Talents also looks quite good I think, still unsure about Consecration, I like the ability but I'm not sure if it really fits retribution.

I think 5% downtime is fine, 10% is way too much.
    Snipped your reply to get my replies across. I am a firm believer that Consecration should be baseline, or not even in the Ret spec. With the latest build they made Prot all about Cons with the mastery and CD change. Ret shouldn't have it. I'd like Divine Tempest back as a talent or Divine Hammer. Either would be nice.

Also I've heard that Divine Storm feels underwhelming. Make Judgement a self-buff. Problem solved.

Yeah the downtime is a big concern for me, especially if it's a permanent thing. Expecting that much downtime even with like 30% haste is just ridiculous. Also not looking forward to the GCD changes...

I'm still hoping about a rework on the magnitude Fury got so far, but if things remain the same, i'll most likely reroll to warrior, had enough about the wheelchair spec we have since ages.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    I'm still hoping about a rework on the magnitude Fury got so far, but if things remain the same, i'll most likely reroll to warrior, had enough about the wheelchair spec we have since ages.
    Wishful thinking. We've already had our big re-work with removal of the Judgement window and mastery change.

Don't expect anything amazing to happen between now and launch.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    The state Fury was in had it as one of the worst designed specs in the history of the game, if not the worst. Retribution is far, far away from it no matter how green the grass is through your telescope.

Still think Fury is going to play like shit, it has no identity whatsoever even with the remake they're proposing. It's just Arms 1.5 and Arms will play like shit until CS is gone

All I want for Ret is Long arm of the Law, everything else is gravy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRemedy View Post
    All I want for Ret is Long arm of the Law, everything else is gravy.
    Given the long cooldown on Judgment, I'd rather have Pursuit of Justice back. :<

Well roll warrior. Good riddance, I'm not having any problems beating Arms or Fury on beta. Tho Fury is much better than Arms the self healing is incredible but i still beat em, Ret just simply has much more anti-melee defences. War cant compete.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    And if you cant handle opinions without telling people indirectly to fuck off go reroll a personal echo chamber cause forums are not for you
    Wow chief, calm down, you would have thought i was talking to your mother the way you're reacting. I'm just supporting the guys decision to roll Warrior. I think he should absolutely go with it.

nice try to deflect your bullshit through the whole thread, seems like i hit jackpot.
    Wow all the profanity, and you're the mature one?

Can you provide more detail to this jackpot you hit?

Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    Howdy folks!

Since I don't have beta I thought I drop by and ask you cunning people who has, about the state of ret. I'm not really into min maxing or extreme viability but instead interested in the game play I might be asking about other things than efficiency. This is also mostly from a PvP perspective.

1. How is rets healing? Any instant heals? Is it viable to run away and heal you or your party member like it was in pre WoD expansions?
    2. Can I use holy power to heal? Like old Word of Glory? Or is there something similar but new going on?
    3. What about mobility? We still stuck behind Freedom to go anywhere with normal speed? Any gap closers? Speed buffs (thinking back to the talent which made judgement grant you a movement speed buff)?
    4. What's on GCD?
    5. We still depending on wings to do damage?
    6. Have they replaced Sword of Justice with smite?
    7. Ignoring numbers, what's the general feel about playing ret in BfA?

I used to love playing ret due to it's versatility where I could drop damage to throw heals or buff people, kite and go in and out of melee. Was fun to be a semi support that could dish out damage.
    1. It's decent enough, as mentioned before WoG heals half up to almost full health during AW, it's a single target heal now rather than Aoe heal like in legion.
    2. Yes, word of Glory.
    3. it's still atroucious, steed's all we got.
    4. haven't really looked, I hope someone else can answer that one for oyu.
    5. sorta? i mena..we do more dmg during wings, but i'm like freshly dinged 120 with 1 piaeace of aziretie gear cause blizzard stole my other two.
    6. no.
    7. it's funish? yet try to compare it to the other classes, something I will most likely do this weekend.

Guys guys guys, you're doing it all wrong. If you want to DPS as Paladin in PVP... You need to roll holy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    1. It's decent enough, as mentioned before WoG heals half up to almost full health during AW, it's a single target heal now rather than Aoe heal like in legion.
    2. Yes, word of Glory.
    3. it's still atroucious, steed's all we got.
    4. haven't really looked, I hope someone else can answer that one for oyu.
    5. sorta? i mena..we do more dmg during wings, but i'm like freshly dinged 120 with 1 piaeace of aziretie gear cause blizzard stole my other two.
    6. no.
    7. it's funish? yet try to compare it to the other classes, something I will most likely do this weekend.
    WoG is still an aoe heal, in fact it got buffed because now it can be targeted and range is increased to 40 yards.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=210191 *

* switch to bfa version to see the new tooltip.

Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    Well roll warrior. Good riddance, I'm not having any problems beating Arms or Fury on beta. Tho Fury is much better than Arms the self healing is incredible but i still beat em, Ret just simply has much more anti-melee defences. War cant compete.
    So lvl110 dueling is a serious argument from you for paladin being better... At this point i am not sure if i'm in some kind of satire, for all i know you could be Storm's alt trolling account :_D

So lvl110 dueling is a serious argument from you for paladin being better... At this point i am not sure if i'm in some kind of satire, for all i know you could be Storm's alt trolling account :_D
    No, I've done BGs, Arena 3s, 2s, and Outdoor pvp in warmode. And I got a 112 Ret dueled 120s to see how scaling works, been beating 120s. More recently Feral and War kept calling Ret OP cause my 112 Ret beat their 120.

I've done questing and some dungeons.

I think I've experienced enough to know how well Ret is currently on beta in the areas im interested in. 120s will tell you things don't really change at 120 pvp wise. As for raiding I don't care, im not a raider.

im 307 ret on beta just doing WQs/some reg dungeons and 2 heroic dungeons so far but I really hate this slowed down gameplay of ret now with the nerf to movement ret aoe was one of the fun things but now I can just go WW monk have good aoe and better mobility. Yes ret is strong in PvP pretty solid but I don't care about PVP I only turned on warmode to level faster. In 2018 there is far better pvp games than wow. I play wow for dungeons/ilvl progress/ and raiding.

There really is no strong point in my opinion of ret right now and i've played ret as a main spec since BC. This is actually bringing me flashbacks of my ret pally in sunwell on brutlas just auto attacking praying for SoC procs while doing judgement and crusader strike. So much waiting I could type this while in my dungeon. I might go feral druid just so I can have more things to manage (bleed dot timers..)
    Last edited by Brewhan; 2018-06-01 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    im 307 ret on beta just doing WQs/some reg dungeons and 2 heroic dungeons so far but I really hate this slowed down gameplay of ret now with the nerf to movement ret aoe was one of the fun things but now I can just go WW monk have good aoe and better mobility. Yes ret is strong in PvP pretty solid but I don't care about PVP I only turned on warmode to level faster. In 2018 there is far better pvp games than wow. I play wow for dungeons/ilvl progress/ and raiding.

There really is no strong point in my opinion of ret right now and i've played ret as a main spec since BC. This is actually bringing me flashbacks of my ret pally in sunwell on brutlas just auto attacking praying for SoC procs while doing judgement and crusader strike. So much waiting I could type this while in my dungeon. I might go feral druid just so I can have more things to manage (bleed dot timers..)
    I agree, BFA Ret feels bad. It's not only pruned but also straight up nerfed. This is true for other specs but Ret stands out. In some ways I would prefer BC Ret over BFA right now.

I would not sully myself and stoop so low.

- - - Updated - - -

nice try to deflect your bullshit through the whole thread, seems like i hit jackpot.
    No, no bullshit.
    He just simply is a self imposed opinion police.
    Denying the ones who are not happy with ret to voice their opinions and concerns.
    Nothing wrong here.
    Just a tiny teeny bit of self-entitlement.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I agree, BFA Ret feels bad. It's not only pruned but also straight up nerfed. This is true for other specs but Ret stands out. In some ways I would prefer BC Ret over BFA right now.
    Ret in BC was incredibly boring, u must have some serious Rose tinted glasses to even prefer it over bfa. Bfa ret seems fine, it's nothing special but it's far from terrible, still feels better than arms imo.