Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    98% Horde
    90% plus on my main
    6 alts none max level
    No alts that raid

I honestly wouldn’t mind it requiring both. I’ve felt for awhile that Blizzard makes almost everything too easy. It probably is a bug though.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    I mean you don't NEED flying.
    We don't even need to play this game. Your argument is what?

If someone is going to have an advantage because he/she plays on both faction then that's just bullshit and a very bad move from Blizzard, which would eventually make them lose some money. Of course it's a bug.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a bug.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Fairly certain there's actually two versions of the achievement, one alli one horde.
    You finish one of them, doesn't matter which, you effectively have 'Part 1' done.
    Whether you choose to do it on the other side or not won't hurt since Pathfinder achieves are account-wide.

I play both sides, tons of alts, 1 heroic-level-or-better raid toon per side.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    As an achievement hunter I don't get to choose what I do or don't do.
    This is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wrong on so many levels. Achievements are, and supposed to be imo, FUN, or out of ordinary stuff in the game. And they were (some still are). But since WoD, Blizz pushed achieve hunters to be "eaters of all shit". I am an achievement hunter, but I REFUSE to do some of them, because they are not fun, not engaging, they are just "eating shit". :/

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    We don't even need to play this game. Your argument is what?

If someone is going to have an advantage because he/she plays on both faction then that's just bullshit and a very bad move from Blizzard, which would eventually make them lose some money. Of course it's a bug.
    You're right we don't NEED to play this game, we play it because we enjoy it.

TLDR; I still wish they'd just get rid of flying because it made the world so much smaller and since pathfinder hit in Legion we are now back in the same problem we had in Cata where you never saw anyone because they are just 50 yards in the air and it makes the landscape feel barren.

I've been loud and tireless in my hate for Pathfinder. Withholding flight as a carrot to chase instead of actually making it a useful part of the game that's built into the story, explained why we lose the ability, or integrated into the gameplay is hardcore BULLSHIT. Fuck you Ion!

If they turn it up a notch and require players to play both factions, you know this is just a cash grab, or a petty backhand from Ion because he hates flying and wants to stick his finger up your butt in order to get it.

Flight should be available by the first major content patch, no later. This shit where we have to wait an see and don't have all the pieces to the puzzle needs to stop.

Did I say this already? Oh, let me be clear: FUCK YOU ION.

Faction: Horde
    Do you spend 90%+ of your time on one toon? Yes
    How Many Alts: 0
    How Many raiding Alts (heroic or above): 0

I absolutely love this. I wish there'd be no flying whatsoever, but as long as it's incredibly drawn out and difficult to achieve and only available at the end of the expansion as a way to expedite leveling alts, I'm okay with it.

Probably a bug.

But if not, I'll get the achievements no problem. I always level 1 or 2 Alliance characters once I've gotten my "main 12" to max.
    The zone design of BfA is so good however that I don't miss flying one bit.

I will miss it, once I've done the journey a few times, but that'll be mid-expansion or something.

Faction: Alliance only at the moment
    Do you spend 90%+ of your time on one toon? No, but most of the time spent on alts is afking/mount farming. Not actually playing them which is what is meant here probably.
    How Many Alts: 15
    How Many raiding Alts (heroic or above): 1 (as in, just my main)

I wouldn't mind this too much. I'm planning to level some horde toons to get all FoS for allied races anyway. This would be another incentive.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2018-05-16 at 09:20 PM.

TLDR; I still wish they'd just get rid of flying because it made the world so much smaller and since pathfinder hit in Legion we are now back in the same problem we had in Cata where you never saw anyone because they are just 50 yards in the air and it makes the landscape feel barren.
    Do you hate flying, or do you hate that the the world is "so much smaller". I also find it funny that your complaint is about the world being too small, but then go on the complain that you never see anyone, which would also be a problem in a large world.

If you want to see people while playing, then play with friends. Don't seek to change the world or how other people play to suit your own personal preferences. I should not be forced to slog on the ground just so you can see me in the environment.

I can't imagine that this goes through as is, but if so I'd be kind of meh about it. I have multiple max level toons on each faction, but I'm not sure if that'll carry over to BfA. I haven't been this uninspired by an xpac since Cata, and that includes WoD.

To answer your questions:

Faction: Both (main horde)
    Do you spend 90%+ of your time on one toon? No, but I do have one standout main that gets most of my effort.
    How Many Alts: I have 1+ alt at max level of each spec
    How Many raiding Alts (heroic or above): I don't raid these days

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    This is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wrong on so many levels. Achievements are, and supposed to be imo, FUN, or out of ordinary stuff in the game. And they were (some still are). But since WoD, Blizz pushed achieve hunters to be "eaters of all shit". I am an achievement hunter, but I REFUSE to do some of them, because they are not fun, not engaging, they are just "eating shit". :/
    Me:

---snip---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-05-17 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Removed Image
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

It's obviously a bug. They aren't going to force people to have max level alts.

I play alliance only for allied races. Im sure if it comes down to it, I would earn those. However, I primarily only play horde.
    Last edited by Zantos; 2018-05-17 at 03:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    It's obviously a bug. They aren't going to force people to have max level alts.
    Better be careful with that F word round these here parts
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Better be careful with that F word round these here parts
    They tried to force RealID, no flying, gcd changes, and now personal loot.

At this point I'd be more surprised if requiring max level alts of both factions WASN'T their plan.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    It's not a bug. You will earn some kind of reputation on the opposite faction's continent via world quests.

This is the first draft. Blizz can not force you to do everything twice (if you only play one faction).

The achievement will likely change to be 2 seperate achievements. One for Horde, one for Alliance. That's the safest bet, IMO.
    Wanna fly on a Horde toon? Get the Horde achievement. Wanna fly on an Alliance toon? Get the Alliance achievement.
    They can if they wanted to if you didn't quit.

I don't take one faction people seriously. They only see half the story.

- - - Updated - - -

They'd take that statement and we'd be RP walking everywhere.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post

They'd take that statement and we'd be RP walking everywhere.
    "Mah immersionz!!!!1!1!11!! U no fly! See Blizzard art. Much presentation. Many value. Such rewarding. "

Sorry...that wasn't really fair of me. I know people want to enjoy the game from the ground. I just wish they'd recognize that not everyone wants that. Legion has been 1000x more enjoyable since I finally finished unlocking flight. And I still avoid Argus, even though it's got the rest of the story of the entire expansion.

I'd say I hope Blizzard bends a bit on this in BfA, but I suspect there won't be any give as long as the Grand Hater hazzicostas is at the wheel.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2018-05-17 at 04:13 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    It needs to stay as it was before no freakin forcing us to play both factions story
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396