Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Saw ads for it in WC3 then bought it on day 1.

My bestfriend was raiding Onyxia when I came over on a break from college. My college was 8 hours away, he missed my company and asked me to play games online with him. When I came back home, either spring or summer break, I saw that he was raiding AQ40 and got hooked by the huge Anubis-like mobs and started playing.

Playing Starcraft with friends. That introduced me to Blizzard games (and was actually my intro to PC gaming, before that was all console). That prompted me to get WCIII when it came out which got me into the Warcraft universe, which in turn prompted me to get WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft III did.

I remember playing Warcraft: Orcs & Humans when I was around 6 - 8 and then got into WC2: ToD around 11-years-old.

A family member turned me on to WC3: RoC and I was hooked. I always liked RTS games but WC3 being a 3D one had me sold. I spent countless hours on the map editor as well as the original battle.net. I was very immersed.

So when WoW was announced and launched, I was hooked ever since.

Got introduced to Blizzard games with Diablo 1, then Starcraft and Diablo 2. After that I got my hands on Warcraft 3 and was hooked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Friends in my EverQuest guild were talking about it coming out, so I followed them over.

I saw a fighting Garden-Gnome and immediately wanted to play as a kid
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

i got introduced by a familiar when i was a 13yo kid, i just remember every weekend seeing my aunt plays WoW, and when i asked her if i can play that videogame, just loved it.
    i must say that i actually have 21yo

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    Rly? Look at novels what she is writing. They are horrible. And now she even helping with ingame lore. What else could happen?
    Could be worse. You could be writing something instead.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

I played Warcraft 2 and 3 quite a bit. When I read that WoW was going to happen, I read every single thing I could. I didn't play it from the very beginning, I started playing right after Dire Maul was released. My friend and her boyfriend played together, but he worked a lot, so I used to run dungeons and raids playing her character (a Rogue) and she played her boyfriend's characters. By the end of 2016 I got my own account.

I still remember the dark nights. I loved them. I wish I we could have them back as they once were.

Me and two friends played warcraft3 a lot together and one of them started WoW when it launched while I was busy with football and other shit. So I didn't really start before 2006. And that said friend told me to start playing. Now he quit several years ago while I play. Damn him!(not really but really)

What introduced me to WoW? Warcraft 3's The Frozen Throne expansion's bonus campaign: "The Founding of Durotar".

10+ Year Old Account
    I was 16, my mom's boyfriend brought home a trial disc for her as we were looking for ways for her to have entertainment while stuck at home all day being extremely sick. I thought it looked interesting after watching her try it, so I played.

She passed away- but her toons are still in the guild.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Seed that grew over years, with people talking about it, but I didn't pay much attention. At one point in my Cabal Online time, fellows quitted for WoW (was between 4.0 and 4.1). I checked on the net, saw Blood elves were a thing, bought Vanilla+BC expansion.
    And now I'm slaughtering Void elves.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Could be worse. You could be writing something instead.
    Yea it would be bad. But it doesn't mean she isn't horrible.

Knew Warcraft since WC1 and upwards, especially the Frozen Throne x-pac was one of my favourites.
    Played SWG for years untill Wow, came out. At the same time SWG went with the horrifying NGE which totally ruined it (having spent months unlocking & leveling jedi). So after the initial batch of WOW discs were sold out, I waited two weeks after release for the next batch, and jumped ship. My wife and friends from SWG joined within weeks afterwards.

10 years ag gift for christmas

Played WC I II and III and so it was only natural (because WC III was my favourite game) that I would atleast try WoW... and well... I did a lot more then try.

15+ Year Old Account
    Was already playing Lineage 2 for years when WoW arrived. Told friends who started it 'it looked like it was for kids'.
    A year later i tried it and i loved it. Still here (2006). First 20 levels i only kiled mobs until a guy told me i should do quests.
    If you played L2 you know what i mean.

Warcraft 1 - TFT and once saw the trailer for WoW It was an immediate buy for me.