You know many games now have some holidays events, this is Fallout version:

The price is higher than for the full game.
    Welcome to the attraction of unprecedented greed. Come here kids, buy you presents.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Seems like it would be better to just remove trading in this game altogether. The economy is ruined after duping. It's basically just a system for people to sell the stuff they copied and pasted, or to scam the players who have been living under a rock out of their weapons.

If you want to give some stimpacks to your pal or what not, you can just drop them.
    I think trading for the most part is fine. I've been able to sell off most of my unwanted legendaries with ease thru reddit. I've made about 30k caps this week because I keep finding 3* weightless or unyielding armor with +1 stre and 20% weapon weight reduction. Also, a nice axe that was bloodied + faster attack. I dont like that single trades are capped at 5k and your inventory is capped to 25k. I have mutations to buy tho, so I just spend it.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiridon View Post
    You know many games now have some holidays events, this is Fallout version:

Welcome to the attraction of unprecedented greed. Come here kids, buy you presents.
    Good thing it’s all cosmetic. Personally I wouldn’t buy anything from the atom shop even if it was all a $1.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    To be fair, how many weeks have gone by since the game's release there isn't something new and hilarious to talk about? Still, not as weird as going around constantly flinging silly personal accusations at the people “attacking” it, just to defend a multi-billion dollar company if you ask me, but hey! Maybe that’s just me.
    The thing is the current topic of bashing isnt anything about the game itself. Cosmetic microtransactions area staple of gaming these days. Who has been flinging personal accusations to defend Bethesda?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    It's kinda funny, how those "why you hate on the gaem" posts were nowhere to be seen during first weeks of launch, when the outrage was huge.
    That's because back then there was atleast logic to why people were bashing the game. It was super buggy, there were key features missing and some game play choices some didnt agree with. Now the worst of the bugs have been snuffed out, the missing features have been implemented and the core gameplay wont be changing (you either like it or you don't). The fact that the new reason to both on the game is cosmetic stuff costing money it really comes off as reaching for things to complain about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    Good thing it’s all cosmetic. Personally I wouldn’t buy anything from the atom shop even if it was all a $1.
    So much this. The only atoms I spend are ones I earned from playing since it's all cosmetic changes.

Anyone else feel like vats is bugged after the last hotfix? Sometimes I’ll miss every shot made in vats even though it’s 95% chance to hit. Even when made at short to point blank range.

I’ve been having to exit vats and enter it just to make shots when I start missing.

The internet always exaggerates, the thing is how much are they exaggerating this time around though? I do find that a 0/10 is indeed exaggerated, however the 5/10 that reviewers are giving it sound pretty well deserved for the stuff I’ve seen.

… and just why you think that I rather just wait until modding & p.servers are out exactly?

Also, as I already told you plenty of times by now, if you want to "disregard" someone, the ignore button is there, and it ain't that hard to use either, it would be far better for everyone than to just keep replying to people without even properly reading what they actually wrote.

It was though, this entire discussion started with someone commenting on the price of a different color pallet for your power armor.

As for your question, if it’s not clear enough yet, it will be, don’t worry about it.
    Then why are your criticisms to be taken seriously if you want to play a game you've spent a month calling awful and unplayable? Oh, and a lazy cash grab and what other words you read on YouTube.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiridon View Post
    Why do people keep using this bullshit argument?

Most games with microtransactions have content available there that costs way more than the purchase price of the game itself. And this is standard business practice, even outside of gaming. The base price of a hotel stay might be $100 for a basic room. If you add on room service, minibar, paid high-speed wi-fi, a PPV movie, and upgrade to a suite, I guarantee you're paying way more than an extra $100. Those extras cost more than the "price for the base room". And nobody thinks that's unusual.

The whole nonsense argument is rooted in an idea that the base price of a game should entitle you to every piece of content the game could include. And that's a position that is just completely out of touch with the gaming industry of today, and their revenue models.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The whole nonsense argument is rooted in an idea that the base price of a game should entitle you to every piece of content the game could include. And that's a position that is just completely out of touch with the gaming industry of today, and their revenue models.
    Absolutely disgusting.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's nothing to discuss at all with hacks like Endus or Krastyn who fill their cereal bowls with publishers' cum instead of milk on a daily basis.

These fools actually believe that the billions generated from MTx go into increases in salary for the employees working on said titles and are entirely used to support post-production games' budget/ development. How naive. How childish. How gullible. How pathetic. People who spend their time and energy going to bat for corporate entities that shit on them on a yearly basis, don't even look at them as human beings, and simply as a metric that appears on a quarterly financial report. What a sad joke this hobby has become. Poisoned by cucks like these two corporate shills.

Bunch of corporate cum guzzlers. Fucking shills. You two losers epitomize everything that is wrong with modern game industry by bending over and willingly getting fucked over in the ass by anti-consumer practice.
    Last edited by lollermittens; 2018-12-20 at 04:43 PM.

The internet always exaggerates, the thing is how much are they exaggerating this time around though? I do find that a 0/10 is indeed exaggerated, however the 5/10 that reviewers are giving it sound pretty well deserved for the stuff I’ve seen.
    Angry joe gave it a 3,but if you take 76 at face value so to speak it's far from that bad I'd say even a 5 is stretching it, if this exact game came out by a single dude for 10-20 bucks and had the 'Early access' title this exact same game would have gotten amazing reviews *looks at kenshi*.

But it wasn't, when you include everything that isn't purely the game a 3 doesn't look that terribly far of the mark.

I'm getting tired of having to go back through my posts just to further prove you how full of shit you are...

It is you who shouldn't be taken seriously, you have proven time and time again that you are completely unable to argue against what people actually say, thus you keep making shit up as you go and arguing against that instead, it’s pathetic.
    So people aren't being hyperbolic about this? I'm not addressing the argument people run to?

And you keep seeming to be chummy with those people you claim you don't agree with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    Anyone else feel like vats is bugged after the last hotfix? Sometimes I’ll miss every shot made in vats even though it’s 95% chance to hit. Even when made at short to point blank range.

I’ve been having to exit vats and enter it just to make shots when I start missing.
    I have not noticed it at all. In a vats sniper build. Maybe it only effects certain weapon types though...

Quote Originally Posted by lollermittens View Post
    There's nothing to discuss at all with hacks like Endus or Krastyn who fill their cereal bowls with publishers' cum instead of milk on a daily basis.

These fools actually believe that the billions generated from MTx go into increases in salary for the employees working on said titles and are entirely used to support post-production games' budget/ development. How naive. How childish. How gullible. How pathetic. People who spend their time and energy going to bat for corporate entities that shit on them on a yearly basis, don't even look at them as human beings, and simply as a metric that appears on a quarterly financial report. What a sad joke this hobby has become. Poisoned by cucks like these two corporate shills.

Bunch of corporate cum guzzlers. Fucking shills. You two losers epitomize everything that is wrong with modern game industry by bending over and willingly getting fucked over in the ass by anti-consumer practice.
    I pose this question to you:

In 1988 / 1990 Nintendo released Super Mario Brothers 3. One of the most beloved entries in the franchise. It sold for $50 US dollars then. Inflation means that amounts to $106 US dollars in today's world.

How much does Fallout 76 cost in today's dollars? That's why mtx exists in games now-a-days. Plan... pure... and simple... The price of a base game has not kept up with the increase in inflation. Let alone the increase in production costs.

Onto your rant about capitalism...

While I couldn't find an exact number of people who worked on SM3 the link below says quote "more than ten." It's development budget was $800,000 US dollars. (That's $1.7 million in today's dollars.) It sold 11 million copies between the US and Japan alone. That's actually sold copies, not bundled ones. That equates to $550,000,000 dollars in just two countries. Or $1.7 BILLION in today's money. Do you think those "more than ten" coders got that money?

Of course not. It got rolled back into the company... and a lot paid out as dividends to school teachers, bus drivers, construction workers, i.e. anyone with a 401k with Nintendo of America in it's portfolio. You claim corporations are evil - just out to milk every dime they can. I say... that's the point. Those random slubs, like me, with a 401k depend upon it.

Democracy is non-negotiable.

Where I pulled all the numbers from:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Mario_Bros._3
    https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Absolutely disgusting.
    The sense of completely unwarranted entitlement that I described?

Yes, it is disgusting.

Btw, moving your camp doesnt cap at 40caps like the UI says. I moved my camp the other night where it said to cost 40 caps and it took 160 from me.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Why do people keep using this bullshit argument?

And this situation has developed gradually, because of the tolerant freaks who are willing to pay for virtual garbage, which gives them a sense of uniqueness and chosenness, which they apparently lack, and companies are happy to milk them.

What is “this” exactly? The microtransaction shit? I’ll say it again, I’m not a big fan of microtransactions, but I understand the need to have them in some situations, as long is just cosmetic shit I tolerate it just fine, however, I also do believe that 20 bucks for a re-coloring job is ridiculous high, especially compared to other video games selling similar crap, such as League of Legends for example, that sells you re-colored skins (Chromas) for like 2€ or something, I understand that kind of price when there is a new model, or new animations, sound effects and shit, but no, in this case is literally just the same thing with a different color filter…

I also think they would have more people willingly throwing them more money even if it was just for the sake of supporting them with a better price list, either way, it’s not something that ever bothered me much, I think the only game I ever wasted money on microtransactions was Warframe, for the solo reason that they gave me a insanely great game completely free of charge where I can get pretty much everything without wasting a penny.

As for your question, yes, some people are making a bigger deal about it than it actually is, welcome to the internet, if you find it somehow shocking, I recommend you staying away from anything related to Diablo next couple of years.

I “seem” to be “friendly” with people that I’m supposedly claiming to disagree with…

In other words, the problem you have with me, is not about anything I’ve actually said, otherwise you wouldn’t have that silly need to make shit up every time you engage in a “discussion” with me, your problem is that I’m not going around shitting on people that you want me to… dude… grow up…
    It's not a good look for your "neutrality" comedy act to be in agreement with the people calling others cum guzzlers. But, I get it. People are selectively outraged because this is the most recent thing. Ironically, the Diablo fiasco is a great comparison. Since, according to you, the people who went to change.org shouldn't be disregarded.

Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    I pose this question to you:

In 1988 / 1990 Nintendo released Super Mario Brothers 3. One of the most beloved entries in the franchise. It sold for $50 US dollars then. Inflation means that amounts to $106 US dollars in today's world.

How much does Fallout 76 cost in today's dollars? That's why mtx exists in games now-a-days. Plan... pure... and simple... The price of a base game has not kept up with the increase in inflation. Let alone the increase in production costs.
    The market is a hell of a lot bigger now and contrary to yesteryear the marginal costs per unit are virtually zip so the fact that prices have not kept up with inflation is not such a solid argument. It is profiteering off suckers and there are people blind enough to defend it. They *could* just put up the price, like blizzard has. No, they are engaging in psychology here, giving you less and paying a lot more for it. Hey, you can get 5 skins in F76 for Super mario 3's value in today's money, what a steal mate. I am sure they put a lot of effort into it.

https://www.pcgamer.com/behind-the-a...of-loot-boxes/

Micro transactions are almost inherently dishonest. We have looong past the time when they were what you describe.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10+ Year Old Account
    however, I also do believe that 20 bucks for a re-coloring job is ridiculous high, especially compared to other video games selling similar crap
    The market can settle that issue. Just don't buy it.

If enough people opt out because the price is too high, then that will force the provider to lower the price, or suffer from low sales; either way, revenue is reduced, and they're not incentivized to continue.

If, however, you choose to not buy it, and a whole fuckload of other people do, and sales are high for the item in question, all that says is that you don't feel it's worthwhile. It's priced appropriately.

That's how the market works with this kind of stuff. And before anyone jumps on that "you just love corporations" BS again, if we were talking about something necessary, like healthcare, or housing, or food, I'd have other factors to consider. But for cosmetics in a video game, we're talking about the height of "luxury items" here, and I don't see any point to try and restrict pricing, there; let the market decide.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    The market is a hell of a lot bigger now and contrary to yesteryear the marginal costs per unit are virtually zip so the fact that prices have not kept up with inflation is not such a solid argument. It is profiteering off suckers and there are people blind enough to defend it. They *could* just put up the price, like blizzard has. No, they are engaging in psychology here, giving you less and paying a lot more for it. Hey, you can get 5 skins in F76 for Super mario 3's value in today's money, what a steal mate. I am sure they put a lot of effort into it.

https://www.pcgamer.com/behind-the-a...of-loot-boxes/

Micro transactions are almost inherently dishonest. We have looong past the time when they were what you describe.
    Nothing you described was "dishonest" in any way whatsoever. Your link points out that they're attractive to customers and encourage sales, that's it. And the purpose of a company is to generate profits. If they find a way to generate greater profits with lower costs, that's an advantage.

As long as customers can just choose to not buy without any hardship, this is how market action works.

i hope these rumours prove to be at least partially wrong.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, Endus is showing his true colors. Typical capitalist tripe that markets "regulate" themselves and are totally fair constructions that have no inherent biases, cannot be manipulated, and are entirely objective machinations that behave appropriately and rationally.

What utter nonsense.

Markets are inherently unfair because they are prone to manipulation, rigging, gouging, cheating, collusion and so many other on-going shenanigans that are apparent to anybody who understands the savage and unfettered capitalist system we live in. Markets are unstable constructs that are dictated by opportunism and exploitation. There's no fairness in markets; only the uneducated illusion that anyone can "compete" simply because it's allowed to enter said market. Sure I can create an LLC tomorrow and try to compete with Verizon. Would I get anywhere? No. Why? Because the barriers to entry are so astronomically high, I'll be out of business before I even open my business.

Moreover, if markets are so fair and perfect, why is there a constant need to regulate them so they don't destroy economies as we've seen in 1928? Or in 1983? Or in 2000? Or in 2008 (which is about to happen again because of the deregulation that has happened under Obama and now Trump)? Because individuals who have control of such markets have shown time and time again they are never going to provide their services at an honest rate or in an advantageous manner. They're going to collude and control markets as long as possible until they're told not do it. The history of capitalism is not one of success but one of barbarism, theft, lying, and cheating while chasing after the lust of short-term profit above all else.

This mentality of profit above all else, damn public perception or rationale or accommodating its playerbse they're entirely reflected in the prices they're selling their MTx which shows Bethesda as entirely out-of-touch with its online fanbase that they'd release such insulting prices for virtual items that took less than a few dozen man hours to create. Whoever justifies spending $20 for a red costume re-skinned from previous assets is not only a fool but disgustingly disingenuous in attempting to defend such practices. Shame on those who'd even rationalize corporate/ marketing monetization practices that have no place in a virtual art form that started its roots breaking away from corporate creative control in the first place.

Lootboxes are on the verge of being outlawed in Belgium. The EU will follow suit if it happens there since it's basically a form of online gambling that has bypassed regulation for far too long.

Last but not least, those have been defending MTx and lootboxes this entire thread forgot the biggest elephant in the room: when EA removed the lootboxes and MTx from the SW Battlefront II, they clearly said that the removal of such monetization practices would have no material impact on their bottom line. What's going to be the excuse to defend this fact? That EA didn't mean it? That it was a PR move?