Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    so i'm guessing no warcraft movie 2 if they're selling off all the props.

bummer
    All ?

LOL Nope!

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    so i'm guessing no warcraft movie 2 if they're selling off all the props.

bummer
    It's still possible but hopefully not.

7+ Year Old Account

Red face

Developers can continue talk nonsense (I understand that it's not developer's quote, just opinion of the representative, but I don't mean it either), about "that it's better" and so on (because it's more convenient for them, more profitable, can't argue with this; otherwise it will undermine their authority, although there is nothing to undermine there already for a long time), but the one simple fact that discussions about what talent choose were almost stopped after this changes. And by the way, about this quote, he very cleverly and successfully "forgot" that whole their new system was realized through pruning classes and then dividing them into specs

Illusion or not illusion, but the fact that old talents system was element of customization of the whole entire class, almost every ability of it, all and mutual tools of its representatives, not a bunch of poorly cut "spec-s", make this system infinitely better than current one. They can continue convince themselves of the opposite if they want, but we're ourselves able to compare and each of ourselves already done it long ago.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2021-03-09 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EllipsisW View Post
    Stop calling dungeons "maps."
    Why? They are maps, too. Instances fit the definition of map far better than the definition of dungeon.

Hey, garrisons, I remember those for the very short time I played that expansion.

They made everything so much better, you could level professions in there without ever having to leave, you could make truck loads of gold in them without ever needing to leave, you could access the auction house if you were willing to spend some of the truck load of gold you made on the parts to get an auction house in your own private instance.

My god, what an absolutely fantastic addition to world of warcraft garrisons were!

WoD crit playerbase for 4.4 million....

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Look at all the choices I have. Thank god there are no cookie cutter builds now.

Mania and Body and Soul used, San'layn was also heavily used before most switched to AS. People use Reaper of Souls and Lingering Insanity in Antorus. Later you can chose between Misery and Mindbender. In last tier not only Legacy of the Void is used but also Surrender to Madness.

Im not sure what you was trying to show with this picture? That you are clueless about shadow priests?

Adam Savage got some armor from Weta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38H4...channel=Tested

Never bothered watched wow movie. Thanked mmo champ many times over for adding pics to the feed .

Did anyone actually expect another Warcraft movie after the first one completely flopped everywhere except China?

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Did anyone actually expect another Warcraft movie after the first one completely flopped everywhere except China?
    Actually, the only place it flopped was in the U. S. I liked the movie, but it had flaws. I did want a sequel. I would still like to see the Arthas story made into a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Mania and Body and Soul used
    It's so interesting to talent into one of the two mobility options.
    San'layn was also heavily used before most switched to AS
    Before crit became more desirable than mastery? Wow, so interesting design.
    People use Reaper of Souls and Lingering Insanity in Antorus.
    RoS is very situational compared to universally good LI, but OK.
    Later you can chose between Misery and Mindbender.
    That's not even a choice, AoE = Misery, Single target = Mindbender.
    In last tier not only Legacy of the Void is used but also Surrender to Madness.
    Never used SoM because of the death part, but OK, maybe it has its' niche.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

The illusion of choice is just as bad, if not worse with the current talent tree system. At least the old talent tree system allowed hybridization and customization in leveling, dungeons and BGs. Now you level a character and go 15 levels without any noticeable increase in player power (especially now with zone scaling and heirloom gear). Raiding is all about maximization so cookie cutter builds will always exist. The current iteration is just lazy and unrewarding

10+ Year Old Account
    Curious who now owns a mailbox, places it in their yard and stand on it for multiple hours a day staring into the distance.

Expected it to be included in this list tho, or wasn't it up for auction?

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    The illusion of choice is just as bad, if not worse with the current talent tree system. At least the old talent tree system allowed hybridization and customization in leveling, dungeons and BGs. Now you level a character and go 15 levels without any noticeable increase in player power (especially now with zone scaling and heirloom gear). Raiding is all about maximization so cookie cutter builds will always exist. The current iteration is just lazy and unrewarding
    Well and there in lies the problem. There may still be illusion of choice, but the illusion isn't nearly as good. The system makes leveling fairly unrewarding compared to the old when leveling. Does it make the same impact if not more from abilities? Probably, but generally its broken down into whatever utility you think you like best and whether you are doing an AOE build or single target build. It may change somewhat for PvP, but so did the old system too so that's a wash.

Now if every choice was equal and they did break it down into each row being for a certain thing then I think the statement would be much closer to reality. They can say what they want, but in the end it was done because it was easier for them to manage and balance. It was done for their benefit, not necessarily for that of the players.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    why would they use the same PoS prop?
    ok... i gues i have no idea about costumes in movie lol

It does not matter if its interesting for you or not or if its situational. There are some choices while you suggested that theres nothing.

From old talent trees I miss the feeling when you leveled up and you was awarded with the juicy 1 point to spend somewhere. But after this you basically almost never changed talents (except changing spec obviously) even between aoe/st. Was this really better?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Look at all the choices I have. Thank god there are no cookie cutter builds now.
    So because you limit your self it’s blizzards fault?

- - - Updated - - -

“Blizzard gives me choice but I don’t like the choices so there’s no choice.

It does not matter if its interesting for you or not or if its situational. There are some choices while you suggested that theres nothing.
    There is one cookie cutter build that works universally better 95% of the time (minus AoE/ST row, which is binary choice). By comparison, old talent tree had different builds for PvP and PvE for each spec, as well as some talents you played with all the time like +5% to hit or to armor penetration which depended on gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    So because you limit your self it’s blizzards fault?
    “Blizzard gives me choice but I don’t like the choices so there’s no choice.
    Following that logic, old talent trees gave you enough choice, you had less talent points than you needed to completely fill the tree. Lots of options to fuck up your build.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by bison91 View Post
    ok... i gues i have no idea about costumes in movie lol
    Hollywood is always working to improve, for better, or worse.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Well and there in lies the problem. There may still be illusion of choice, but the illusion isn't nearly as good. The system makes leveling fairly unrewarding compared to the old when leveling. Does it make the same impact if not more from abilities? Probably, but generally its broken down into whatever utility you think you like best and whether you are doing an AOE build or single target build. It may change somewhat for PvP, but so did the old system too so that's a wash.

Now if every choice was equal and they did break it down into each row being for a certain thing then I think the statement would be much closer to reality. They can say what they want, but in the end it was done because it was easier for them to manage and balance. It was done for their benefit, not necessarily for that of the players.
    Exactly, so it's a net loss for players overall as it really numbs the leveling experience. end game makes no real difference but there are still 109 levels that precede end game to go through, and I can't imagine what that would feel like for a new player