Page 1 of 31
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Megathread] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is a new Action RPG directed by Hidetaka Miyazaki and developed by From Software. Release Window: Early 2019

- - - Updated - - -

Really excited for the enhanced maneuverability. Gonna be fucking dope as hell.
    Last edited by Poppincaps; 2018-06-11 at 02:55 PM.

Their next after Dark Souls?

Some people guessed it being set in Japan after their bone teaser thing awhile ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Their next after Dark Souls?

Some people guessed it being set in Japan after their bone teaser thing awhile ago.
    Definitely Soulslike. Kinda funny that Nioh adapted From Software and now From Software is basically making their own version of Nioh.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Definitely Soulslike. Kinda funny that Nioh adapted From Software and now From Software is basically making their own version of Nioh.
    Finally a version of Nioh where I'm not forced into playing as Geralt of Rivia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Finally a version of Nioh where I'm not forced into playing as Geralt of Rivia.
    Nioh had a lot of great ideas that weren't always executedly perfectly. I hope From Software can bring their consistent quality to a game with fluid Samurai combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thought it was gonna be Tenchu but this might be good too. I'm happy it's not Bloodborne 2. Too many people relying on sequels and old IPs these days.

Love the look of it so far, seems like it'll have some interesting variations on existing FromSoft mechanics involving death and the arm looks like a neat tool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Slightly disappointed it wasn't Bloodborne 2, even though I wasn't really expecting it to be. I definitely feel like Bloodborne is a world that still has a lot to explore so I hope they do something with it in the future.

This looks great though. It's as if Fromsoft took a look at Nioh and was like, "be humble, bitch".

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to admit it I was so excited when I was watching the stream, but then when I read Milkvation oops I mean Activation yeah I was like /facepalm...so now I have a mix feeling about this tbh...so we will see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    I have to admit it I was so excited when I was watching the stream, but then when I read Milkvation oops I mean Activation yeah I was like /facepalm...so now I have a mix feeling about this tbh...so we will see.
    From has enough clout at this point that they wouldn't have to accept a publisher deal from Activision if they didn't have creative freedom. I wouldn't worry at all.

Dark Souls... in Japan!

I knew it would be a new game.

And looks like they showed off his arm as the tease.

Worried about Activisions involvement with it though.......otherwise it looks great

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently playing an Uchigatana build in Dark Souls Remastered. Gotta get ready for some intense Samurai action.

15+ Year Old Account
    I posted up a full translation of the Japanese site last night on the new Sekiro reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Sekiro/comm...tions_tidbits/

As a huge fan of the old Tenchu games (several of which were Activision-published, btw), I'm pretty stoked. It's definitely got a bit of that Bloodborne flavor, but the stealth, grappling hook, and stealth kills are all there, too.

It's still a bit vague whether this will have character customization or will be telling a more traditional sort of story, so I guess we'll have to wait and see on that front.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Worried about Activisions involvement with it though.......otherwise it looks great
    It's only being published by Activision in the West according to the press releases, so I wouldn't be overly concerned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Early 2019!? Damn why all these games gotta come out when I'm starting my last semester of college? I got shit to do people!

honestly? meh. I love the souls games and most of the clones but i'm getting real tired of the same thing from fromsoft and in this case Nioh beat them to the punch on the visual theme and so far in a more visually interesting way. I hope their other two games are more interesting. Never thought id see a fromsoft reveal completely leave me uninterested.

Nioh, Code Vein and now this? Can we call this subgenre Weeb Souls?

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Nioh, Code Vein and now this? Can we call this subgenre Weeb Souls?
    not until we get a gacha where all the dark souls monsters are anime girls. Boat girls and horse girls were just a warning and we didn't listen.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game looks like it's going to be one of the best games I never played.

I am the worst at Souls games, and i'm sure this will be just as difficult. Unless they have an Easy mode, i'm never going to be able to complete it. Sad day for me, but I hope it is everything you Souls fans hope and dream it can be, because it looks amazing from what I saw.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Only you would be so silly to be mad at a publishing name on the box.

Activision was a wtf moment, but not an "omg this game is going to suck cause it has their name on it!" moment. It's more surprising Activision actually cared to go out and get a western publishing deal for a game like this as generally they don't care about publishing quality games and only cash grabs.