Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    now that im not a total noob really starting to get a feel for it. And starting to do some pretty cool stuff

Its ok to run away. Resetting fights and not dying is a lot better than being stubborn.

reminds me of darks souls in that its a rather steep learning curve but when you start seeing how the game ticks and how you have to utilize everything at your disposable it starts making a lot more sense and a bit easier. Still easy to die though
    Yep, is what I do as well. I run away, a LOT. I might run in, kill a guy in a group of three, and use my grappling hook to get out. I'm taking it really slow (I always do with souls games) and I'm enjoying myself a hell of a lot.

The multiplayer side of the Souls and Bloodborne, and by extension Nioh, franchise is part of my enjoyment of the games... with it lacking, I am pretty reluctant on buying the game.

Multiplayer adds replayability. I don't play single player games more than once... :/

I didn't play this game but from the look of it makes DS trilogy like a walk in the park. I'm still going to buy it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Yep, is what I do as well. I run away, a LOT. I might run in, kill a guy in a group of three, and use my grappling hook to get out. I'm taking it really slow (I always do with souls games) and I'm enjoying myself a hell of a lot.
    That's actually my issue.

I need to stop rushing in to kill a bunch of stuff and just go slow at it otherwise I get owned lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    That's actually my issue.

I need to stop rushing in to kill a bunch of stuff and just go slow at it otherwise I get owned lol.
    I noticed my issue is actually the opposite, I play too defensively like in Dark Souls, and you can't really because you'll never break their guard. I'm enjoying the combat a lot but I must admit I got a lot to learn still.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the fact that it's not a rolling simulator like DS is... the game seems to focus a lot on counterattacks and some stealth elements to get past enemies.

I do have a minor grievance with the asset quality... it really threw me off when I started the game and the first cutscene (not the cinematic) has super low quality for vegetation... However it more than makes up with the atmosphere itself which is top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    I noticed my issue is actually the opposite, I play too defensively like in Dark Souls, and you can't really because you'll never break their guard. I'm enjoying the combat a lot but I must admit I got a lot to learn still.
    Main thing that has killed me is not seeing the sniper guys and the first mini boss. Won't really be able to jump into more until later today but so far I am enjoying the game a lot.

The Dragon Rot thing does weight on my mind a lot so I try to avoid dying more then normal lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

damn, im still dying like a dumb trying to parry with L2
    or trying to assassinate with square like in tenchu xD

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't get my shit handed back to me so hard since first play of demon souls. I love it. It gets better / sort of easier once you get used to all the combat mechanics.
    I like it they kinda force you into a bit of stealth because you don't want to fight normally every trash after dying for 30 times on some boss.
    I'm so happy they didn't make it an easy mode borefest and stayed with the ds recipe.

Loving it so far. The fact that all three defensive moves have uses makes the fighting feel great. It's like they've decided that they've learned enough when it comes to world building and gameplay in the previous games and now tried to bring the combat up to the same level.

So far only done two main bosses but felt like explored a lot. So not sure if the game is incredibly big or lack in bosses. Time will tell. Personally I find elite enemies to be more trouble than said bosses. Those two I've fought got killed on the first try while a new elite enemy takes me a few deaths to kill.

The punishing deaths is welcome and a tip is to buy the coin purses merchants sell. You lose 10gold, but it's an investment so you won't lose half instead.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2019-03-23 at 12:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn this game is tough...I do feel like it's fair, though. The shinobi hunter was kicking my ass until I got Mikiri counter, at which point I owned his ass. Kind of reminds me of a metroidvania game in the sense that you often need [x] to be able to progress through [y].

I also enjoy the fact that you can't really choose one style of combat and expect to defeat every enemy with it. Like, you can't just try to brute force every enemy with dodge rolls and normal hit combos. Well, maybe you can, but the game really wants you to adapt to the situation and use the appropriate abilities for the encounter.

20 hours in and it has been amazing so far. Was a bit worried of the combat getting annoying but instead it's one of the most satisfying combat systems i've ever seen.

Difficulty wise i'm surprised to see so many say how tough it is. It isn't easy for sure but i wouldn't say it's much harder than souls games, maybe even easier with stealth abusing that can get a bit ridiculous sometimes. Then again i've learned to love parrying in souls games so maybe that makes it relatively easy to adapt.

10+ Year Old Account
    When do we use Dragon’s Blood Droplet? At what point do npcs start dying from the rot?

edit: For fuck's sakes, the dude and his mother died after I took the sample and cured the dragonrot, is there any way to save them?
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2019-03-23 at 05:10 PM.

My only gripe with the game is dragonrot.

Feels kinda punishing to die when NPCs start coughing their guts out around you.

Im sorry Owl :*( maybe 2nd or 3rd playthrough!

Backup your save file from time to time. Killed drunkard and my PC crashed, save file is now corrupt, won't load and cloud is not helping, only thing to do is to start a new playthrough

10+ Year Old Account
    We really need some guy to come up with info on diseased npcs and dragonrot cause this shit is nasty.

Warrants multiple playthroughs and I definitely don't mind cause I'm having a blast gitting gud, but holy shit.

Stuck on 3rd major boss currently. 3 hours and counting haha. I was never good at parrying in these games so deflecting is hit and miss 1/4 of the time. Especially on this fight. Might have to pick up the umbrella from merchant if i can remember where it was.

What skill trees are people finding more useful then? As well as combat arts?

Also can't beat that Mini boss in the dungeon who chucks out all that terror stuff, i have no divine confetti and do like no damage to him without it, no idea where to find more.
    Last edited by Champagne Supernova; 2019-03-23 at 11:44 PM.

Did u guys know theres a way to make the game harder and get better loot drops kek

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    This game is really fucking hard, way harder than souls / BB. I only managed to beat the spear mini-boss at the estate because he bugged out and followed me too far and wouldn't attack me. Now I can't even get one health bar off of this drunken guy.
    Here's a strat that worked for me, Don't talk to the npc that helps you yet. Go to the left hut and clear those 2 mobs, head down the path leading from the hut crouching so you can backstab one shield enemy, then run the same way back, boss should follow but loose interest. 2 sword mobs should head over in your direction, backstab one, kill the other. Aggro boss, run back down path from hut, backstab 2nd shield mob, take out the archer. Loose the bosses interest. Backstab him, run to npc to get him to fight, pop damage sugar. Let npc take aggro, hit the bosses back and back off when he faces you to avoid possible grab. His standard sword attacks can be blocked. then just try to get behind him when he does the poison thing. Should go down for you.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    My only gripe with the game is dragonrot.

Feels kinda punishing to die when NPCs start coughing their guts out around you.

Im sorry Owl :*( maybe 2nd or 3rd playthrough!
    that's the point, tenchu was always a succeed or fail punishing game where your actions matter in the context of the story with named NPCs permanently dying if you fail a mission involving them.
    dark souls by comparison was very lenient but challenging game but still you could lose non-vital NPCs but only through your own actions.