Poll: Which Nelves?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    "So Thalyssra, let's review. People like yours summoned the Legion the first time. When you realized we were in deep shit, you took your magic and hid under a bubble, leaving the rest of us to die or whatever. You didn't give a shit about the rest of the world for 10k years, staying in the bubble. By the way, we fought off the Legion again. You only came out when they came a third time and wrecked the bubble. Your leader promptly made deals with them. While you were at your lowest, some of your followers actually mouthed off to people who were trying to help them. Let's face it, the Nightborne haven't exactly been the most trustworthy people. How do we know we know you won't cut and run or stab us in the back again?"

Man, what a bitch! How dare she not trust people who have a history of betrayal and the unmitigated gall to be snotty to their rescuers

"Oh yeah, Tyrande? Just for voicing reasonable concerns, I'm going to prove you can't trust me by joining the Horde!"
    You do realize "people like you summoned the Legion the first time" applies to Tyrande as well in this context? Azshara was as much the queen of to-be-Nightborne as she was to Tyrande. Hell, Tyrande is from Suramar. Yet something tells me she wouldn't take lightly if she was compared to Azshara.

Secondly, the Nightborne were "in deep shit" because they rose up against the Legion and sealed the second biggest Legion portal that would have turned the tide of war, making Tyrande and Malfurion's efforts meaningless, after which the Legion retaliated against them. And it's the Nightborne that were left to die. The only person that helped them was Ashamane and she sacrificed her life to buy Suramar enough time to erect the shield that saved them from the Legion's punitive army.

And whoopty doo, Ellisande made deals with the Legion. And? Collective judgment is always shitty. Especially since by the time Tyrande strolled by to spew horseshit about Thalyssra the latter already made an insurrection attempt against Ellisande for the exact same thing Tyrande (and you) projected on her, which almost cost her her life. Then, still before Tyrande and her holy indignation appeared in Suramar, launched a rebellion against Ellisande. Also over the exact same thing. And if you want to engage in collective guilt, we go back to the issue of Azshara applying to Tyrande as well.

And Nightborne haven't been the most trustworthy people? Let's look at Darnassus. Hello Druids that fucked up the maintenance of the Dream so badly Old Gods took hold in it. Hello Fandral helping the Nightmare in Stormrage book. Hello Fandral again, this time becoming a Druid of the Flame. Hello Leyara and all other Druids of the Flame. Hello Illidan, the tyrant of Outland. Hello Shen'dralar sacrificing each other to Immol'thar to maintain their power. Would you look at that, this argument also applies to Darnassus in full.

And Tyrande throwing rocks in glass houses is shit-tier diplomacy. Which bit Tyrande into her prejudiced ass. And Thalyssra joining the Horde proves nothing at this point. Because her joining the Horde was caused by Night Elves being untrustworthy in the first place. So they reaped what they sowed.

"So guys, that Legion thing was awful, we barely won and half the damn world just got sunken under the sea. Well, we learned not to fuck around with magic, right?"
    "Hmm, what? Sorry, we couldn't hear you over summoning new robes, houses, and hair accessories."
    "Are you joking? That shit nearly got the world destroyed! Besides, we've seen how it corrupts!"
    "Corrupts? No it doesn't, and to prove our point, we'll try to kill you for forbidding us to have our arcane hair care!"
    "Ok, even though you just tried to kill us all over shampoo, we're going to be nice and just tell you to leave instead of killing you."
    "Fine, we didn't want to live here anyway! *sets up Quel'thalas, Guardians, Medivh, etc* Oh how misunderstood we are!"
    Ban'dinoriel says hi.

So tell me, where exactly do I find this retcon about nightborne saving anything but their own hides? I assume I need to buy another shitty book, because I've been through the Suramar campaign multiple times and it didn't say jack about that.
    There is no retcon. This is Chronicle v1 lore, which predates Legion.

As to your runestones, you do understand those were AFTER the banishment for killing their own people, right?
    Do give a source for this fascinating revelation.

Let's see, people who were banished for being treacherous mana addicts who attacked their own people are entertaining overtures from the Horde (considering it's a quest for baby belf players, they're already in the Horde). Gosh, I'm sure it will all work out! Wait no, get some people over there to see what's going on before they screw us again.
    The Blood Elves join the Horde only at the very end of Ghostlands questline. What's more, the Warchief/Saurfang comments about the Alliance driving them to the Horde with the exact antics @Baiyn the Second was talking about.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2018-07-01 at 01:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn the Second View Post
    Thisalee Crow for Archdruid of Darnassus Stormwind Park. She's a prime example of that sylvan ferocity that separates the Kaldorei from their more domesticated cousins across Azeroth.

[img]http://pureawesome.net/wow/letters/thisalee2.jpg[img]
    Hot dang I wish we saw more of this side of her in-game.

"If I have to listen to one more harpy screech Imma have to choke a bitch"
    "FLESH AND BONE TO EARTH AND STON-GAK!!"
    "WHAT DID I JUST SAY?!"

Night elves would have been far better if Cenarius was still a full-time patron of theirs(instead of making him one for the tauren too) and if the wardens were actually a group that serves within the military, instead of being a bunch of Bobba Fett lookalikes that don't give a damn about the night elves in the ingame iteration of the story.

Having the Horde kill Cenarius in Northern Kalimdor would've made a really good entry and it would have been a pretty nice throwback to the good old Grom(the MU one, not the AU joke).
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-07-01 at 02:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    You do realize "people like you summoned the Legion the first time" applies to Tyrande as well in this context?
    I wasn't aware Tyrande was a Highborne sorceress. I'm sure with how you insist on sources, you can provide one, but don't interrupt your schedule of writing like a condescending prick on my account.

Secondly, the Nightborne were "in deep shit" because they rose up against the Legion and sealed the second biggest Legion portal that would have turned the tide of war, making Tyrande and Malfurion's efforts meaningless, after which the Legion retaliated against them. And it's the Nightborne that were left to die. The only person that helped them was Ashamane and she sacrificed her life to buy Suramar enough time to erect the shield that saved them from the Legion's punitive army.
    Does Tyrande have any way of knowing what the omniscient player knows?

And whoopty doo, Ellisande made deals with the Legion.
    Deals that no small amount of her people agreed with, or there would have been no insurrection campaign.

Especially since by the time Tyrande strolled by to spew horseshit about Thalyssra
    You seem to have trouble distinguishing between individuals and groups. Tyrande criticized the Nightborne (i.e. mutated Highborne), not Thalyssra personally, barring yet another money grab book reference that contradicts the game.

And Nightborne haven't been the most trustworthy people? Let's look at Darnassus. Hello Druids that fucked up the maintenance of the Dream so badly Old Gods took hold in it.
    I'll ask to you explain further and add a question. If they simply failed, how does that lead to "untrustworthy"? If they actively betrayed in some way, then by all means, they deserve the adjective.

Hello Fandral helping the Nightmare in Stormrage book. Hello Fandral again, this time becoming a Druid of the Flame. Hello Leyara and all other Druids of the Flame.
    Hello, corrupted individual who corrupted a very small group. What was that about collective guilt being bad? Do try to be consistent.

Hello Illidan, the tyrant of Outland.
    Hello shitty writing.

Hello Shen'dralar sacrificing each other to Immol'thar to maintain their power.
    Yes, hello Highborne refugees in no way associated with Darnassus until Blizz decided nelf mages would be a thing.

And Tyrande throwing rocks in glass houses is shit-tier diplomacy. Which bit Tyrande into her prejudiced ass. And Thalyssra joining the Horde proves nothing at this point. Because her joining the Horde was caused by Night Elves being untrustworthy in the first place. So they reaped what they sowed.
    Thalyssra did a bang up job too, and out of character from the campaign. Would it have killed her to say "Yes, there's some old bad blood between us, but we're determined to rejoin the world and correct our mistakes." (You know, the lines she repeated ad nauseum in the world quests and main campaign?) Nope, we get "You said something mean, so I'm going to go join people who want to kill you."

Ban'dinoriel says hi.
    You mean that thing they put up AFTER their banishment from Kalimdor? And? That has sweet fuck-all to do with what I wrote.

There is no retcon. This is Chronicle v1 lore, which predates Legion.
    That's nice. From what's described in this thread, the book does retcon the banishment from Kalimdor.

Do give a source for this fascinating revelation.
    Try to keep up, now. The Highborne were banished from Kalimdor. They sailed to EK and founded Quel'thalas. The runestones were put up to power their shield. That means the runestones came after the banishment, unless of course you've decided this is a Tarantino movie. See, I can write like a pompous ass too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/