Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Is this considered a scam?

Payer Y advertises an Anoturs Boost group. Player X purchases it thinking it is mythic. Player Y never mentions the difficulty level. Player Y takes the gold and enters normal Anoturs. Player X is angry and wants a refund. Player Y Refuses and proceeds to clear normal Anoturs.

Player X reports Player Y for scamming. Will player Y have action against him?

Probably not, but stop being a scumbag Alright. I mean Player Y.

I don't think anything will be done to them if the difficulty wasn't mentioned. Be more cautious next time.

Scummy maybe, but not a scam. Difficulty was never a discussion point, the boosted player just assumed it was mythic.

Plus Blizzard has already commented on boosting being on your own responsibility and they will only interfere in the most severe cases.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if this is an obvious troll/bait thread or you're actually that clueless.

The responsibility was on Player X to ask what difficulty it was on. Player Y got away because of Player X's negligence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, no sympathy for p2w

Unless player Y hinted in any way that it would be Mythic, I'm willing to bet there wouldn't be a case against him. Player X assumed, he should've asked and had confirmation before paying.

Lesson learned.

Hard to say, in the example player X wanted a refund prior to the run's start. At this point no service has been rendered, so refusal of a refund could very well be seen as a scam.

However due to boosting being a non-supported transaction it's likely that player Y would just have gold removed from his account, and possibly end up with a suspension, and player X would just be SOL.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    I don't think anything will be done to them if the difficulty wasn't mentioned. Be more cautious next time.
    I wasn't the one being scammed. Asking for a friend.

7+ Year Old Account
    If they never said the difficulty and you paid them anyways, I have no sympathy for you and neither will Blizzard. Blizzard will never compensate for you under any circumstance if it involves trading between players. At the most they will remove the gold from the player you traded and possibly give them a ban.

Whenever you are asking if what you did was a scam the answer is always yes.
    Signature not found

That person is an idiot for not asking what difficulty. He should have to pay 2x for being such an idiot.

if the player walked into normal saying wrong difficulty i want my gold back, thats a reason blizzard might return, no effort was made raid group probably ready to go, just return the gold no time lost.

secondly the amount of gold is kind of obvious for mythic vs normal, we're talking what 100k ish for normal? and millions for mythic.

How much did X pay? if it was 100k then obviously he got scammed. I don't think Blizzard would punish Y though, but what scumbags!

Player X deserves to get punished for being stupid and there's nothing Blizzard can do against Player Y. Though Player Y could have made things clearer (as so Player X), in the end X should know from the beginning that blizzard upfront declares that Player X is at his own risk by accepting "payed runs".

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    Payer Y advertises an Anoturs Boost group. Player X purchases it thinking it is mythic. Player Y never mentions the difficulty level. Player Y takes the gold and enters normal Anoturs. Player X is angry and wants a refund. Player Y Refuses and proceeds to clear normal Anoturs.

Player X reports Player Y for scamming. Will player Y have action against him?
    If you are not paying a couple million gold it will be a normal or heroic run and it is the buyers responsibility to check what he is purchasing.Would you buy a vehicle without test driving it or asking if it is damaged?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Scummy maybe, but not a scam. Difficulty was never a discussion point, the boosted player just assumed it was mythic.

Plus Blizzard has already commented on boosting being on your own responsibility and they will only interfere in the most severe cases.
    Pretty much this...buyer beware, make sure you know exactly what you're paying for before you hand over the dough.

Not a scam at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    How much did X pay? if it was 100k then obviously he got scammed. I don't think Blizzard would punish Y though, but what scumbags!
    1.6 million

Deleted
    Boosting IS a scam.

/thread

(btw who was he reporting to? blizzard? haha!)