Poll: Rate the movie STAR WARS™: The Rise of Skywalker™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 301 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Also everything else is the same. A Mylo like character. A Rey like character. A grumpy old exiled Luke. Astral projections. Force using Leia. All of that.
    Where did you read about all that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Where did you read about all that?
    Various spots over the years.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I won't see it in theaters. Maybe I will rent it if I am really bored one night.

TFA wasn't an amazing movie by an means. The overall plot was way too comparative to ANH to ever make it great. However, I think JJ Abrams did a really good job with visuals and crafting each scene to make you legitimately interest in the new characters. I feel like absolutely all of that was throw out the window in TLJ. Instead of making a coherent story, its like the writers sat in the room and came up with "cool ideas" and then very loosely tried tying them all together.
    Yes this is a rental for me as well.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Sad that Lando will die. So sad. I guess they need to make sure every male that is actually still alive in the world dies in the movies and the females that are actually dead in the real world live on.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/star-wars...161000302.html

Luke will return for episode IX and maybe has become immortal.

Take it with a grain of salt
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/star-wars...161000302.html

Luke will return for episode IX and maybe has become immortal.

Take it with a grain of salt
    Luke "vanished into thin air" at the end of 8. That's not the same as dying. While we know Ben and Yoda vanished upon death, that doesn't mean Jedi cannot teleport. Maybe in all of those books Luke found a secret technique to teleport. It would explain why his mechanical hand didn't clatter to the rocks - it teleported with him!
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account

Luke will return for episode IX and maybe has become immortal
    Well, it’s not exactly unheard of within Star Wars canon for people to become immortal. He could be a force Ghost, like Obi Wan and Yoda, or any number of other weird bullshit.

Also... seriously, did ANYONE think they were going to make a final Star Wars film, and NOT have Luke make some kind of appearance?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Luke "vanished into thin air" at the end of 8. That's not the same as dying. While we know Ben and Yoda vanished upon death, that doesn't mean Jedi cannot teleport. Maybe in all of those books Luke found a secret technique to teleport. It would explain why his mechanical hand didn't clatter to the rocks - it teleported with him!
    i know they are not canon anymore but didnt Luke have teleportation in the books? or was that Jade?
    could have been inspired by that. i have no idea, i just woke up.

I had hoped they would have left mark hamill out of it.. they shat on him enough already and gave it one of the most idiotic deaths in the franchise only surpassed by the non-character boba fett.

I will be watching it for free on Netflix, maybe, a year after it comes out. I advocate everyone with a sour taste still in their mouth to do the same. Make Solo feel like a box office success next to episode 9.

i know they are not canon anymore but didnt Luke have teleportation in the books? or was that Jade?
    could have been inspired by that. i have no idea, i just woke up.
    That would make the astral projection thing even more insulting.. though I guess abrahms will want to retcon some aspects and at least interpret them differently, because johnson just broke every rule in the story telling handbook.

I just realized yoda vanished into thin air in return of the jedi. It is possible yoda teleported instead of dying, which WOULD explain why yoda was able to physically hit luke with his cane in episode 8. He could hit him because he was not a ghost. Wow....

I just realized yoda vanished into thin air in return of the jedi. It is possible yoda teleported instead of dying, which WOULD explain why yoda was able to physically hit luke with his cane in episode 8. He could hit him because he was not a ghost. Wow....
    And Obi-Wan teleported when Darth Vader sliced through him. And Darth Vader teleported out of his armour while Luke roasted it on a Bonfire.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think thats just how they give themselves to the Force to become Force Ghosts.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    If it looks good I'll go. TLJ ruined my instant franchise buy in but didn't destroy my life long enjoyment of the series.

If "fans" still see this crap, then they themselves are full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    That would make the astral projection thing even more insulting.. though I guess abrahms will want to retcon some aspects and at least interpret them differently, because johnson just broke every rule in the story telling handbook.
    i think it was the dark nest trilogy that showed off that Luke could teleport ships short distances and Mara Jade could create a force cloud around ships that blocked sensors and stuff like that.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    In the latest Vader comic the door to the dead has been opened in canon so he could come back though it’s unlikely that door stays open.

Yup expect JJ Abrams to retcon nearly everything from The Last Jedi

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, or we can just face the facts and say he's dead. We have never seen teleportation in the SW canon universe. I am not saying it is not possible, but because we have seen other Jedi vanishing upon death it is pretty clear Luke also died.