Page 43 of 86 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotrip View Post
    This is like...the opposite of a "strong female character". It's almost hilarious how bad it is. They literally just made the female leader of a world power lose her shit because she can't control her emotions.
    Lol. This was my thought, too. I'm actually kind of afraid of the same thing happening to Jaina "for parity".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotrip View Post
    This is like...the opposite of a "strong female character". It's almost hilarious how bad it is. They literally just made the female leader of a world power lose her shit because she can't control her emotions.
    Or she just realizes how powerful hope is. Showing that you can be played is not bad writing. Sylvanas isn't perfect and blizzard showing that is somehow labeled bad writing because armchair authors on the internet say so.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    I wonder how Thalyssra and Mayla feel after just joining this faction. OOPS.
    I doubt either care, Thalyssra is getting a massage in Silvermoon , and Mayla is helping Baine look for his balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Because she is. She does things for the right reasons and the wrong reasons. Razing, instead of occupation, is both evil and smart at the same time. Grey clearly doesnj't mean what you think it does.
    Except she didn't even plan to burn it. She planned to invade it at the start of the video and then decided to burn it at the end. Apparently, her motivation for burning the tree is to rub it in to a random dying night elf.

Now tell me with a straight face that whoever made that video isn't utter shit at writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Don’t cry when you get hit back after attacking someone. And learn what and arms race is.
    Yeah that's something the horde will never learn. Still wondering why Thrall was surprised by Daelin's invasion

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistrem View Post
    It wasn't about her being morally grey but rather Horde as a whole. They must think that if you have black character like sylvanas and add white character like saurfang they somehow balance each other and make entire faction grey.
    Problem with that is they make the ''white'' portion stupid so the balance effect just isn't there. All you see is the entire Horde following along unquestioningly, with Saurfang complaining because of dumb reasons rather than raising valid objections.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    What? We know that the Horde version of the cleansing of Dalaran is not canon but shure we all know that you´re one of the most prominent Horde apologists here so you just HAVE to spin your typicall "The Horde can do nothing wrong shit".
    As always, you keep repeating this shit but have no proof outside of your headcanon. If you want to live in your own fantasy so much, go to fan fiction.net

Hell go write an entire novel, it won’t be canon but if you’re good at writing you’ll alteast get people complimenting you instead of getting called out for lying.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2018-07-31 at 08:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamzo View Post
    All the salt from these Alliance tears is delicious! All I've got to say about Teldrassil is: BURN BAYBEE BURRRRRN!!!
    What Alliance tears? I'm genuinely curious here. It seems to be mostly Horde players complaining.

Jaina has always been a ridiculous hot head though. After the Garrosh thing (another Blizzard arc that sucked... but I guess they think the Horde loves revolving door Warchiefs) she became a Nazi, extremely racist and violent towards the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I doubt either care, Thalyssra is getting a massage in Silvermoon , and Mayla is helping Baine look for his balls.
    She'll need a microscope and several scientists.
    @Wikiy

From an omniscient view we know Saurfang pussied out on killing Malf, so that way of killing their hope was gone. So instead she torches the tree because some rando gives her shit. The end result of this is the night elves raising pumpkins in Stormwind while the Horde at best control and at worst contest all of Northern Kalimdor. I'd say it's a decent trade.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Except she didn't even plan to burn it. She planned to invade it at the start of the video and then decided to burn it at the end. Apparently, her motivation for burning the tree is to rub it in to a random dying night elf.
    Plans change. It is war. It is terrible writing to assume that she has to be all friendly and happy with an enemy she just conqured. Despite a campaign of slaughtering all in her path just to get to the tree. They also had siege weapons launching burning projectiles the entire war so far. Of course you might use them otherwise why bring them?

Did she change her mind after a dying enemy got in her head? Sure. Still not terrible writing.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Eradicator3 View Post
    Yeah that's something the horde will never learn. Still wondering why Thrall was surprised by Daelin's invasion
    To be fair, I'm not sure Thrall even knew who Daelin really was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Well her skin is grey.

Sooou Sylvanas wants war because death is awesome. A bit hypocritical from a basic bitch who clings to unlife. And if you call her out on her BS she burns your city down, strategic reasons be damned. Just....wow.
    It was to deal a moral blow. Just before she burns the tree, she says that their original plan was to capture it and kill Malfurion. However, since Saurfang let him get away, she had to improvise.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    To be fair, I'm not sure Thrall even knew who Daelin really was.
    He didn't have to. It's just ridiculous to see how hordies gladly deny alliance vengeance like Daelin or Greymane while still insist on their own like the purge of dalaran

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    I wonder how Thalyssra and Mayla feel after just joining this faction. OOPS.
    Given that Thalyssra infiltrates Stormwind and helps us slaughter our way out of it shortly after, she is having a blast.

After 10000 of theory, putting skills to actual use must feel nice. Give it couple expac and she may stop being curbstomped by Jaina too.

Oh man all the tears are just great! I hope it escalates even more from here! Burn Stormwind to the ground! Kill all the Tauren or something! Yes!!

As for the morally grey defense: Viewpoints are important here. Looking at it from our perspective where we see everything it's easy to judge the morals of an action, especially since most of us probably value all the races equally. Try to put yourself in this world as just some random Horde "person" though. It's definitely morally grey if you are worried about protecting your own side from the other.

Plans change. It is war. It is terrible writing to assume that she has to be all friendly and happy with an enemy she just conqured. Despite a campaign of slaughtering all in her path just to get to the tree. They also had siege weapons launching burning projectiles the entire war so far. Of course you might use them otherwise why bring them?

Did she change her mind after a dying enemy got in her head? Sure. Still not terrible writing.
    But the Horde specifically goes out of their way through the entire campaign to save the civilians. We only killed combatants up to that point, the fact that she threw a temper tantrum because someone said something that hurt her fee-fees is at the very least inconsistent with the rest of the story. Which that level of inconsistency is bad writing. If they went a little more in depth as to WHY she decided to destroy the tree over capturing it, there would be a lot less frustration. As it stands now, all we have to go off of is the video (and the beta questlines) and it definitely seems like a spur of the moment emotional decision from a strong female character, sounds like the wrong sort of stereotype eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Thestuff1992 View Post
    Grom didn’t get a redemption arc in WoD. He just decided not to use fel, however he still wanted to conquer even without it. He got captured, we freed him and he was on our side all of a sudden. It literally made no sense and was a major critique of WoD. They obliterated groms storyline in WoD, hell they obliterated all of the “warlords”/OG orcs in WoD.
    Indeed, that`s why i wrote it as "redemption", because it felt as if the story that was told suddenly took a sharp turn that was not only
    unexpected but also made no sense whatsoever.
    One could argue that the Human side being righteous and centered around justice, responding to threats of the more alien and exotic races of the world is an old and outdated trope by now.

As much of a shame as it is to say it but it seems to be a trend that pops up more and more in time with Blizzard, they have an amazing and rich
    world with many stories to tell but for some reason much of what they do end up underutilized.

Not amazing writing, but for all the complaints about horrible character arcs I feel like this imaginary version of Sylvanas people here are pushing who has no emotional reactions to anything and exists only to execute her WELL CALCULATED PLANS sounds... honestly pretty awful.

I feel like the outcry would be magnitudes smaller if not for "morally grey" phrase.

Wouldn't be surprised if Ion starts showing with strict script, checked multiple times by proof readers to ensure grey-free speech