Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Was hoping he'd go and put his axe in the skull of Sylvannas, or perhaps just cut it off, put it on a pike and offer it to the horde and alliance alike.
    Though I'm sure this is what will happen later on, after 2-3 raids and then she will finally become the second last raid boss or something...
    Would have been nice if he just saved us all some time though.

Is it just me that gets the feeling that the troll is Vol’Jins son and thats why Saurfang changes when the troll says that his fatheris dead? And that the troll is the same one as in the intro cinematic to the expansion thorwing atound earthquakes and boltsfelt very likely too. We will probably see a lot more of this one

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    Good luck in life, it's hard to make your way when you think your belief equals reality.
    Thanks and it's actually not hard. Again, no contribution? Just a slight passive aggressive bashing? meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    I don't like the troll. I hate when there's a character that's intentionally written to be funny, likeable, little bit of comic. Like Hodor from GoT, Floki from Vikings, or Scrat from Ice Age.

The troll has a terrible voiceover. The accent was bad, felt like Anduin trying too hard to sound like trolls.
    Me too, not to mention he is really small for a troll, Darkspears who are a bit smaller than Zandalari tower over orcs but They couldn't allow for Saurfang to be smaller than regular troll.

Besides he appeared to be way too kind? Too much human-like. Hi voice also didn't fit much, trolls are monsters just like orcs they should have heavier voices :s

Quote Originally Posted by Tzadarkath View Post
    Is it just me that gets the feeling that the troll is Vol’Jins son and thats why Saurfang changes when the troll says that his fatheris dead? And that the troll is the same one as in the intro cinematic to the expansion thorwing atound earthquakes and boltsfelt very likely too. We will probably see a lot more of this one
    Lol He said his father's name i Hekazi.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    I would expect more. It didn't sound like the trolls ingame. The original accent was too obvious for me. But I have watched it only 2 times so my opinion may change. I never said or thought that I am a troll accent expert. You don't have to be an expert to not like something. Or to think some accent sounds different than you are used to.
    That is fair, but they probably used an actual Jamaican actor, while the trolls in game have always been people mimicking Jamaican accents. Like how Vol'jin was, I believe, originally voiced by Metzen but they eventually cast a Jamaican man to voice him in later years. The way I read your initial post was the way the guy I said I was reminded of acted, saying "that accent is shit" when it was actually a genuine Scottish person, and I assume Blizz probably cast an actual Jamaican voice actor. I could be wrong, it could be just another person mimicking one, but I can't see why they wouldn't just find someone like they did for Vol'jin.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

I was expecting this kind of cinematic

Quote Originally Posted by Tzadarkath View Post
    Is it just me that gets the feeling that the troll is Vol’Jins son
    He says his father's name was Hekazi at 1:40

I'm glad that Sourfang aknowledges that by burning Teldrassil that way, Sylvanas has just removed the final argument against going to war with The Horde.

Sylvanas was incompetent as the Ranger-General of Silvermoon.

She's mildly incompetent as the leader of The Forsaken.

She's massively incompetent as the Warchief of The Horde.

Got me some chills, and loved finally seeing a cinematic troll - not quite what I thought it would be but I guess it's supposed to be a handsome young troll. I like the progression we're seeing here in the story, how it all arcs up to the BfA cinematic!

It'll be interesting to see how Sylvanas is handled going forward

It's good, but at the same there's a striking difference between this Saurfang and what we have in the game...

When he told Sylvanas that all of the Alliance would come for them... How can he say something like this after his own mistake just few minutes/hours before that:

He stood and brushed the dirt off his armor, shrugging away his aches and pains. Malfurion would recover, and when he returned to battle, he would make the Horde pay in blood. Saurfang was certain of it.
    Still, a great burden had been lifted from his soul. It felt right that Malfurion had survived. It felt honorable.
    Like, it comes off as a really hypocritical statement... Why there's no consistency? It annoys me, even angers me...
    Last edited by ls-; 2018-08-03 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    The BfA one was far busier however, so I'm sure it was longer and cost more to make. But yeah, totally unexpected to have such a lavish cinematic for Saurfang. It seems increasingly unlikely he just rots in the Stockades and will have a serious role to play further down the line.

I do wonder if an Alliance character also gets one of those. Genn perhaps? Considering he's also the number two of his faction leader and is also present at the siege.
    I also thought of Genn when thinking about alliance conterpart for this cinematic, but I think a video about Anduin would be more interesting and more of a counterweight to Saurfang, who both are about true identity of their factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Underverse View Post
    Yes, all the time actually. But, I'd rather be annoying than hateful. Annoying is slightly negative, sometimes slightly positive. Hateful is always bad.

Anyway, I think your opinion is dumb, and hating a cinematic because some troll's accent doesn't match up with what you think it should be is a bad reason to not like something. So I guess you could say that I don't respect your opinion. But thanks for respecting mine, though I'm not exactly sure what that means because I know 1) you disagree with me, 2) you're willing to stick around to argue your point, and 3) you think I'm annoying, so I'm inclined to think that saying you respect my opinion is just some sort of culturally derived avoidance tactic that doesn't actually mean anything.

Also I thought you were leaving?
    I was leaving until you replied. I hope you don't mind me answering back.

I can't focus on positive things if a negative thing catches my mind first. You might argue the accent wasn't bad. You might be right, I might be wrong. But the fact is that I didn't like it. And that's something you should respect although you might disagree with me. I respect that you like it. It's no avoidance tactic, this is how disagreements should work. Two people have different opinions, we both can explain, we may or may not change our minds byť either way we should respect if someone thinks differently.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

Deleted
    There is more content in these videos than in the game. Well bad PR is still PR I guess. I like how Blizzard's devs think they have to pull out the "honor" word at every moment... There is no honor in any type of killing. What a joke...
    This video was so cringe... I had to close my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Me too, not to mention he is really small for a troll, Darkspears who are a bit smaller than Zandalari tower over orcs but They couldn't allow for Saurfang to be smaller than regular troll.

Besides he appeared to be way too kind? Too much human-like. Hi voice also didn't fit much, trolls are monsters just like orcs they should have heavier voices :s

Lol He said his father's name i Hekazi.

Couldn't agree more. He felt too human-like to me as well. That was my main issue with this character.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

Stop talking Zappy Boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    That is fair, but they probably used an actual Jamaican actor, while the trolls in game have always been people mimicking Jamaican accents. Like how Vol'jin was, I believe, originally voiced by Metzen but they eventually cast a Jamaican man to voice him in later years. The way I read your initial post was the way the guy I said I was reminded of acted, saying "that accent is shit" when it was actually a genuine Scottish person, and I assume Blizz probably cast an actual Jamaican voice actor. I could be wrong, it could be just another person mimicking one, but I can't see why they wouldn't just find someone like they did for Vol'jin.
    I would be glad to be wrong. I can't really say if it's a real jamaican accent or not.

Quote Originally Posted by highelf View Post
    no way this cinematic took months. No way. It's no coincidence it was released when it was, whatever that reason may be.

Again, i really don't see the point of this cinematic though. What exactly did it give us? He gets depressed, then goes back to being the exact same guy...

I wasn't sold as to why he switched back fighting against the alliance at the end either. And why didn't he stop sylvanas from burning the tree if it went against everything he stood and fought for? It did not fill in any blanks to the atrocious writing for the burning of teldrassil.

Orcs = klingons, we get it.
    lol you think they made this in just a few days!? You fucking mental?

I was late from work because of this... great job!

Interesting how similar they made Saurfang look compared to Grom from the WoD cinematic. They both have those sunken, tiny eyes, both have two piercings in their right tooth and a ring around their left tooth, and the same nose ring. I imagine they took a shortcut and just reused the asset.
    Last edited by Dannihilate; 2018-08-03 at 07:14 AM.
    /Catchphrase!

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    lol you think they made this in just a few days!? You fucking mental?
    It feels like they started using pre-rendered assets tho.