Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

If Jaina didnt appear in her magic ship

All the Alliance leaders would be dead by the trap Sylvanas set up
    Jaina saved the Alliance from losing the war right there, why does no one talk about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea they made it look like if she didn't show up the Alliance and all the main leaders would be dead. Pretty lucky they have their Mary Sue character.

Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
    Jaina saved the Alliance from losing the war right there, why does no one talk about it?
    Because the story is purposely set up so that Jaina can appear in a magic ship when they most need it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    To be honest, I don't think anyone really thought about the implications.

because then they would have to admit that Sylvanas is brilliant warchief that almost won whole war in instant if it wasnt for jaina clearly infested by old gods power doin ridiculous magic

Quote Originally Posted by Azarak View Post
    Pretty lucky they have their Mary Sue character.
    Bahaha.

Priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    because then they would have to admit that Sylvanas is brilliant warchief that almost won whole war in instant if it wasnt for jaina clearly infested by old gods power doin ridiculous magic
    Old Gods don't mess with arcane magic tho

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azarak View Post
    Yea they made it look like if she didn't show up the Alliance and all the main leaders would be dead. Pretty lucky they have their Mary Sue character.
    How is Jaina a Mary Sue?
    She's not a new character that is suddenly very powerful, which is the definition of a Mary Sue/Gary Stu type character

Deleted
    She would have been replaced by Turalyon and the Vindicaar. Jaina wasn't necessary to the plot, really, there were alternatives to her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
    Oh, it was a great scene. About time to see greatness displayed by magic. I mean, a council can make a damn city float, so why can't a single mage overcharge an ancient warship? I loved it, and was a good play. She did indeed help the Alliance out but then again, she officially became Alliance the day Theramore fell.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by High Exarch Yrel View Post
    She would have been replaced by Turalyon and the Vindicaar. Jaina wasn't necessary to the plot, really, there were alternatives to her.
    Srsly the Vindicaar could just wipe out any city at any time right?
    I don't get it why Blizzard has given the Alliance such a powerful weapon, but then it's probably never gonna get used again in the lore. Should've just made the Vindicaar "neutral" then or let it camp on another planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    How is Jaina a Mary Sue?
    She's not a new character that is suddenly very powerful, which is the definition of a Mary Sue/Gary Stu type character
    The 'new character' part isn't a must to become a Mary Sue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Sue
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    And if it wasn't for Saurfang ridiculous appearing out of nowhere in the middle of Darkshore just in the right moment to save her Sylvannas would be dead now.

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    And if it wasn't for Saurfang ridiculous appearing out of nowhere in the middle of Darkshore just in the right moment to save her Sylvannas would be dead now.
    That and if Sylvanas didn't show up with her "magical" trebuchets (because real in-lore & in-game trebuchets can't fire such distances), then Teldrassil wouldn't burn and she would've lost the war. You can put many more "ifs" to this list.

I think her power is justified. I mean how much training do we know shes had? How long have we watched her grow stronger? I mean Ray from SW you can argue went from desert rat to Sith slayer in an afternoon. I think Jaina has had a pretty strong story of progression, trails, and powers on equal to a lot of other beings in the universe. Am I seeing this wrong?

Because it doesn't really matter, sort of like how it doesn't matter (except to show how dumb she is) that Sylvanas was dead without Saurfang against Malf. None of the characters were ever in danger.

Gamon would make a better commander than alliance leadership

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    Sylvanas was dead without Saurfang against Malf.
    the CE story says you are wrong

the did just fine alone

Quote Originally Posted by High Exarch Yrel View Post
    nop there isnt, kul'tiran is her people, how can turalyon get there help ?

xXx English is not my first language xXx

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    The 'new character' part isn't a must to become a Mary Sue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Sue
    In denotation, you are correct.
    But the canotation, (Which apparently is a word so often unused Chrome doesn't fucking recognize it) which is what I was using is:
    A new character often gaining an absurd amount of power in a really short period. The character is often broken and OP at the same time.

By the canotation I used, which is often the case with a Mary Sue, Jaina cannot be a Mary Sue. She's been around for AGES and hasn't acquired much power creep even if her abilities have increased.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    How is Jaina a Mary Sue?
    Jaina has always been a sorta Mary Sue-ish character back since Warcraft 3. Sure she wasn't the ultra powerful mage but she was the character that was always right in the human campaign and tried to save Arthas a bunch, got the orcs and night elves to work together with her to save the World Tree and never really faced any set backs. Then in WoW she's just been getting stronger and stronger with no real repercussions to herself. Heck Theramore and threatening racial cleansing on Dalaran didn't even impact her negatively. She got motivated to kill Garrosh because of the former and was individually powered up by raiding the Thunder King and the latter got her slap on the wrist at most. Not to mention how she was on the Broken Shore and then just noped out of existence in Legion right before the Tomb of Sargeras fight screwing over both the Horde and Alliance. Tbh Anduin should be equally pissed and relieved at her appearance.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity