Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    ABORT MISSION "HYPETRAIN"!! ABORT! ABORT!

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/22549433/

Well guys, no D4 this year. It was fun to speculate..
    It doesn't exactly deny it either. Although it would be funny if switch port would be the only thing they would show and talk about that for 45 minutes.

Just saying it isn't likely either that there isn't something else. Maybe the Netflix series, maybe remaster, maybe even D4.. Who knows.

Deleted
    guys the future of blizzard is very clearly overwatch atm
    rip
    though overwatch is fun, i feel like its the only game from blizzard that has any glimmer of passion put into it compared to everything else from blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    rip
    though overwatch is fun, i feel like its the only game from blizzard that has any glimmer of passion put into it compared to everything else from blizzard
    Sad but true, OW and that cash-grabber that is hearthstone. If Blizzard would put 20% of the effort they put on Overwatch for other games like Diablo 3 and WoW we would have top quality products

While we all know that a new Diablo game is in development, AT BEST we will get a confirmation of this, but with no announcement or trailer. And while i looked forward to this, a move like this was kinda expected.

So. Let's check what we have on hour hands:
    - new Diablo game still in prototype status (nothing's ready to show)
    - D1/D2 Remaster pretty possible to be shown
    - comic series officially cancelled
    - Netflix serie confirmed and very likely to be announced a BCon
    - mobile stuff? May happen but also not as we have very few indication towards this route (but usually effort required is very minor hence possible).

Really, i don't expect a D3 on Switch full on presentation (or better, they absoulutely need to NOT do that). The game comes out exactly the BCon day, so what's the reason to present a game that's already out? I suppose mentioning it or showing a "spacial pack/edition" may be of use, but it's a matter of 5 minutes, and we've still 40 left to fill up.

Not the best thing to happen this message, now i'm worried about if there will be ACTUAL WORTHY content in the Diablo panel, since the rest is all "maintenance mode" stuff.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Why does any game need lore to go with it?
    If you want to play an MMO with no lore, be my guest I guess. It's not like Diablo MMO would have no lore, it'd just have dumb lore. Everything would be generic THE ANCIENT EVIL... FOUGHT AGAINST THE LIGHT... COUNTLESS YEARS..., I love Diablo and I've played thousands of hours of Diablo 2 and everything but the lore is pretty bad. Though to be fair, 1 and 2 had little in the way of lore. It wasn't until 3 where the guys behind it tried to inject a bunch of half-baked lore into it.

So what is coming this blizzcon? Why have a Blizzcon at all? Nothing new at the Starcraft front, WoW, Warcraft or Diablo.

I guess new things will be a new hero to OW and maybe, just maybe a Diablo 2 remaster and hopefully a Warcraft 3 + TFT remaster.

That's all for this Blizzcon.

And never guys, never guy virtual ticket. I have never done that. Just spam F5 on any gaming news site or Blizzards own sites. They update very fast.

Heroes of the Storm and Diablo 2 are the only.games I play right now. Wouldnt mind a D1 or 2 remaster and Imperius release to tide me over.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Heroes of the Storm and Diablo 2 are the only.games I play right now. Wouldnt mind a D1 or 2 remaster and Imperius release to tide me over.
    +1. Imperius must be revealed for Hots as 1 of the 2 heroes for November & December. I cannot even fathom if they just gonna show Diablo 3 for switch. Probably a trailer or concept art for the Netflix series and a Diablo 2 remaster at least. Or a Diablo 3 expansion like Reaper of Souls....

Deleted
    My only issue is... What the hell are they going to talk about for 45 minutes then? And why have a diablo world Q and A? Makes no snse unless there is some kind of announcement.

A re-release doesnt warrent a slot right after opening ceremony.

Deleted
    If D3 on Switch and some Netlfix series are the big news for Diablo...Blizzard,better sale the franchise to other company.
    We want D2 remaster and D4(or new game in this world teaser).(not phone or card games of course...)
    Stop being so shitty to fans of this great game.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    With the Switch version, the idea of Diablo 3 being stuck forever at 2.6.1 is very silly.

There's gonna be some new content , maybe not the big part of the announcement, but I do expect a content update for D3.

It's been over a year since 2.6.1 came out (when Blizzcon is), and only now, the Switch version came.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    It's almost like people have forgotten the 7 year gap between Diablo 2's expansion and Diablo 3's announcement, and another 4 years before it was even released
    It's almost like the company that made D2 closed early in D3 development.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    rip
    Jeff Kaplan put passion into the early WoW years, and it grew big, so no suprise Overwatch is still going, and staying.

They are even making Overwatch LEGO.

Overwatch 2 or Overwatch Switch are rumoured as well.

Of course it's not a 1-man company, but I imagine still big influence.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-10-18 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Jeff Kaplan put passion into the early WoW years, and it grew big, so no suprise Overwatch is still going, and staying.

They are even making Overwatch LEGO.

Overwatch 2 or Overwatch Switch are rumoured as well.

Of course it's not a 1-man company, but I imagine still big influence.
    The more I look at the design decisions in Overwatch over the past two years, I really start to think that Rob Pardo and not Kaplan was the real brains behind early WoW. I think Kaplan has done a good job in many respects but it is hard to deny that Overwatch under his leadership has resulted in some pretty bad design decisions (the endorsement system, basically every new hero except Orisa which has far too much CC).