Poll: When will we get Dark Ranger class?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Give Alliance some other x race thing too. Since DHs can only be 1 race per faction =P FIXED!

Also, Dark ranger or shadow hunter or something along those lines will be the only thing that makes me swap from a hunter.
    They tried this in vanilla with shaman and paladins. Didn't go so well.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I could say the same about death knight, warrior skin. About gameplay, they can make anything unique. There is always a room for new mechanic.
    (1) you are correct there is always room for new mechanics...although i think blizzard is running out of "fresh ideas"
    (2) Warrior vs death night are two very themes.
    (3) dark rangers are basically just undead hunter and introducing a class for 1 race is retarded...
    (4) given point 3...demon hunters....so ^*(%*(&%( ok your right. What a waste of of effort if we get Dark Rangers

I will still stand by my statement, 90% of the demand for dark rangers would be met with added proper transmog in the game. The added a dark ranger hood in legion with a dark ranger story in the class hall. Hence Dark rangers are Hunters ...they are in the class hall already.

We need less edgy classes and races, not more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Not going to happen. You need to be Forsaken to be a Dark Ranger. Also the Dark Rangers we saw in Dark Shore during the scenarios were pretty bland. All the cool Abilities of Sylvanas come from her being the Banshee Queen.
    Dark Ranger, at least the one I have in mind is not stricte Forsaken but just a ranger using dark powers, this is why Alleria is mentioned.

As a lot of people claim that a Dark Ranger would be a Marksmanship Hunter without the pet, and that it would be impossible to create a class without stepping on the Hunter. I present to you a small take from my post regarding my own take on the Dark Ranger / Void Ranger class, you can read the full post in my signature.

Void Ranger / Dark Ranger Hero class concept

These classes are the same class, with different flavors, and colorschemes based on the faction. The Void rangers are aligned to the Alliance through teachings of Alleria, where the Dark Rangers are horde specific through teachings of Sylvanas/Nathanos. From here on, I will refer to both classes as “Ranger”.

Unlike the Demon Hunter which is supposed to be a low skill-floor and capped class, the Ranger is the opposite with a high focus on resource management, cooldowns, procs and debuffs, and a big distinction between the worse and better players.

The class will be the first true melee / ranged hybrid, which will switch a lot between ranged, and melee attacks. This will be done through two different stances (Stalker and Predator stance) like bearform / catform. The class will have two DPS focused specs, either aligning more to melee (Predator) or ranged (Stalker) damage, but both specs will switch between the two for optimal damage output. The spec will equip weapons based on their specialization (Ranged for Stalker, dual-wielded melee for Predator), and have a visual only secondary weapon (Think Outlaw Rogues and their hidden gun). The class will also have access to temporary stealth, and stealth-based abilities. This will be known as Shadowform

The goal of the class is to be HIGHLY mobile, with decent sustained damage, and a few burst windows. The class’ weakness is their squishiness through lack of defensive cooldowns and passive, and therefor they rely on kiting and opportunities for their survival and melee damage. Their primary tools of kiting will come from slows, roots, gab-makers and movement cooldowns. Although the ranger can cast most of their ranged abilities on the move, they have a weakness unlike their Hunter counterpart. Their casted ranged attacks can be interrupted with kicks and other interrupts.

Both specs will have various abilities that switches them to the other form.

Flavortext for the two specs:

The Stalker

The Stalker walks through the shadows unnoticed to their prey. Once in position the stalker will take aim and unleash powerful attacks on their unsuspecting targets with a flurry of arrows, limiting their movement and making them unable to seek cover to avoid certain death. Once the stalker has weakened their prey and fear freezes their very bones, the stalker goes in for the kill with quick strikes from their blades, leaving only an unnaturally withered corpse behind. The Stalker is a patient and deadly killer, waiting for the right moment to strike from afar, and are able to outmaneuver even the quickest of minds.

-"If you ever see the Stalker, know that it is too late for savior and that death has come for you."

The Predator

The Predator weaves through the shadows to close the gab between them and their unsuspecting prey. From the shadows the Predator can sneak up close and personal to unleash a flurry of devastating and painful strikes at their unsuspecting foes, leaving them no chance of retaliation before their cold dead bodies fall silently to the ground. Should the unlikely scenario of the Predators prey survive the initial fight, the Predator will disengage through the shadows and unleash a rain of arrows before they even have a chance to draw their weapons.

-"Should you ever cross path with a Predator, pray for a quick death for you will not survive this encounter."

General:

Resources: Ferocity, Discipline and combo-points (capped at 3)
    These resources are dependent on one another, you will never have 100% of each, but rather 100% discipline and 0% ferocity or something in between. This is to create a flow between the two stances. Out of combat the resources will slowly align to 50/50%.

Ferocity is used for melee attacks and is generated through spending Discipline.
    Discipline is the other way around and is used for ranged attacks, and generated through spending Ferocity.
    Combo-points will be generated slower than Ferals and Rogues, but will be spent on bigger impact abilities.

Weapons: Bows, Crossbow, Guns, Dual-wield, sword, axes, fist weapons.
    Armor: Mail
    Races: Blood Elf, Nightborne, Forsaken, Troll, Zandalari for horde.
    Human, Night Elf, Void Elf, Worgen for Alliance.
    Last edited by IAMANIKOLAS; 2018-08-10 at 12:16 PM.
    Whether you think you can or can't - You're right!

You can read my in-depth Void Ranger / Dark Ranger class concept from 2019 (With pictures) here.

Hopefully never. We've got so many classes based around 'dark and shadows' with Warlocks, Shadow Priests, Demon Hunters and Death Knights. Necromancers and Dark Rangers are probably my least wanted characters for them continuing the overused theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    (1) you are correct there is always room for new mechanics...although i think blizzard is running out of "fresh ideas"
    I'm not so sure. We had a bunch of new mechanics just expansion ago.
    (2) Warrior vs death night are two very themes.
    So are dark rangers and hunters.
    (3) dark rangers are basically just undead hunter and introducing a class for 1 race is retarded...
    Undead is more than Forsaken. After BfA Sylvanas will have many different corpses to resurrect.
    I will still stand by my statement, 90% of the demand for dark rangers would be met with added proper transmog in the game. The added a dark ranger hood in legion with a dark ranger story in the class hall. Hence Dark rangers are Hunters ...they are in the class hall already.
    Transmog isn't enough. There should be new animations too. Also, instead you death knight you could play warrior in Naxxramas set.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Deleted
    We've had an Elf based hero class :/ can we not have something more original?

Also why do they always have to have Egde?

Id love a hero class that is based on use of titanic relics and magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Liftbrul View Post
    We need less edgy classes and races, not more.
    We need less haters, not more.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Dark Ranger, at least the one I have in mind is not stricte Forsaken but just a ranger using dark powers, this is why Alleria is mentioned.
    Mmm, but in Warcraft lore a Dark Ranger is Forsaken. You need to convince Blizzard to change the lore then.

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    We've had an Elf based hero class :/ can we not have something more original?
    You lack creativity. After BfA Sylvanas will have many different corpses to resurrect.
    Also why do they always have to have Egde?
    Because evil is awesome and you have enough paladins and druids.
    Id love a hero class that is based on use of titanic relics and magic.
    Me too.

Because the guy want other types of classes doesnt make him a hater.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Hopefully never. We've got so many classes based around 'dark and shadows' with Warlocks, Shadow Priests, Demon Hunters and Death Knights. Necromancers and Dark Rangers are probably my least wanted characters for them continuing the overused theme.
    The light is overused theme. Are you so blind that you can't distinguish fel, death and darkness? Also, darkness(void) is still unexplored and is the only cosmic force that doesn't get any representation.

Deleted
    You lack creativity. After BfA Sylvanas will have many different corpses to resurrect.
    I really don't. I don't care what what races can be dark rangers since it's lore will always be shackled to Elven Lore. Like how monks will always be tied to Panda lore. We have enough shit based around Elfs.

Variety is the spice of life. Anyway if you want edge you have enough demon hunters and death knights

- - - Updated - - -

The light is overused theme. Are you so blind that you can't distinguish fel, death and darkness? Also, darkness(void) is still unexplored and is the only cosmic force that doesn't get any representation.
    Shadow priests

Man, you must have been bad-ass on the playground with arguments like that.

Yes, which will all be under her command. If those she rose had any free-will, they surely would have fought against the horde skeletons/the forsaken instead o the Alliance.

And honestly, if another variety of 'undead' is added to the Alliance (after Death Knight undead) it just removes the entire point of the Forsaken having ever not been allowed into the Alliance.

I haven't seen anyone asking for classes that are similar to either of those. Other than the Dark Ranger the other two most wanted are Bards or Tinkers, neither of which would be "good" like paladins or druids.

People want something new and fresh. Dark Rangers doesn't bring that.

EDIT:
    The light is overused theme. Are you so blind that you can't distinguish fel, death and darkness?
    I can, but that's like asking the difference between Sorbet, Ice Cream and Frozen Yogurt. Yes, they're different, but they're still just different styles and flavours of the same basic desert.

Also The Light is used by two classes. "Dark" is used by 3. And I still haven't suggested we have another Light-based class. No one has.
    Last edited by Mic_128; 2018-08-10 at 12:36 PM.

Mmm, but in Warcraft lore a Dark Ranger is Forsaken. You need to convince Blizzard to change the lore then.
    I don't think they require convincing. They are doing all the time. No such silly thing as lore will stop them from retcons.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    I don't think they require convincing. They are doing all the time. No such silly thing as lore will stop them from retcons.
    I just can’t see how they will twist the lore to suddenly allow the living to be Dark Rangers. It wouldnt really make sense as Dark Rangers in Warcraft lore are just Rangers which are dead. So a living Dark Ranger would just be a Ranger. I this the idea of the class will be more likely to happen if it is called something else.

Again, all the cool abilities that Sylvanas possesses are based on her being the Banshee Queen. Dark Rangers are in general pretty ordinary.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2018-08-10 at 12:59 PM.

I just can’t see how they will twist the lore to suddenly allow the living to be Dark Rangers. It wouldnt really make sense as Dark Rangers in Warcraft lore are just Rangers which are dead. So a living Dark Ranger would just be a Ranger. I this the idea of the class will be more likely to happen if it is called something else.

Again, all the cool abilities that Sylvanas possesses are based on her being the Banshee Queen. Dark Rangers are in general pretty ordinary.
    It's an easy fix tbh. If the Dark Ranger would be a hero-class, the introduction quest could introduce how you were killed, raised, and trained as a Dark Ranger.

In regards of the name; my own personal idea is to split the class based on faction (Dark Ranger for Horde, Void Ranger for Alliance). Same exact class, talents, specializations, but with different themes and aesthetics. Feel free to read my (long since last update) post with my take on the Dark Ranger class in my signature
    Whether you think you can or can't - You're right!

You can read my in-depth Void Ranger / Dark Ranger class concept from 2019 (With pictures) here.

Quote Originally Posted by IAMANIKOLAS View Post
    It's an easy fix tbh. If the Dark Ranger would be a hero-class, the introduction quest could introduce how you were killed, raised, and trained as a Dark Ranger.

In regards of the name; my own personal idea is to split the class based on faction (Dark Ranger for Horde, Void Ranger for Alliance). Same exact class, talents, specializations, but with different themes and aesthetics. Feel free to read my (long since last update) post with my take on the Dark Ranger class in my signature
    Yes i like the idea of calling the Alliance version a void ranger because the dark ranger still needs to be tied to the forsaken.

They would be Dark because of abilities they use not because they are dead.

They are ordinary now.