7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Please 8.3 let it be Dragon Isles
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Dragon_Isles
    i'd prefer ny'alotha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    probably rather older version of talents which u can decide and invest points. Those were fun times...
    Fun times of going to a website and copying a cookie cutter build for EVERYTHING. Such decisions.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    i'd prefer ny'alotha.
    When we believe the "leak" for 8.2 (which pretty much got most things right) 8.3 won't be what we expect. And players expect N'zoth somehow so that won't be it. To have N'zoth this expansion would be such a waste for the last living Old God...
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Fun times of going to a website and copying a cookie cutter build for EVERYTHING. Such decisions.

But this applies to literally everything in the game.

Everyone, or mostly everyone, will always pick the best item/ability/talent/trait/whatever no matter what blizzard implements.
    Does that mean we have to remove all potential player choices from the game? no, to hell it doesn't.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2019-04-06 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    But this applies to literally everything in the game.

Everyone, or mostly everyone, will always pick the best item/ability/talent/trait/whatever no matter what blizzard implements.
    Does that mean we have to remove all potential player choices from the game? no, to hell it doesn't.
    There is only cookie cutter builds for PvE- Single Traget or PvE- AoE

As soon as you start dabling around in
    1)World Content
    2)PvP
    3)World PvP

There is endless possibilities like:
    -Support
    -Utility
    -Survival
    -Healing
    -Glass Cannon
    -Burst
    -DPS
    -Hybrid
    (...)

But for some reason, people like the one you quoted dont seem to know this..................................................

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How is the current talent system any different? I haven't changed any talents since the first day of expansion on my DH.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

I have a cool idea for a last patch: The battle for the Eastern Kingdoms

-"Mage Tower" where you finish some Kul Tiras/Zandalar subplots, like lady Ashvane and Gorak Tul.
    -Gilneas Warfront

The new endgame zones would be ghostlands and eversong woods. The alliance is pushing the invasion of the eastern kingdoms while the horde is defending it. In the end the alliance has conquered the ruins of silvermoon (the left half of the city), and you end up with the silvermoon battle raid, similar to dazaralor, but with no "seeing the other side" stuff, where all the bosses would have an alliance and horde versions, just like the first 3 in 8.1:

-4-6 filler bosses.
    -Rommath or Thalysra / Umbric
    -Talanji / Tyrande
    -Liadrin / Turalyon
    -Lorthemar / Alleria (it could be Liadrin + Lorthemar / Turalyon + Alleria instead of 2 separate bosses)

After this, the horde/alliance has invaded the whole city (dynamic canon, it won't matter who won later). On the horde side, you are told that the Alliance is trying to conquer Quel'Danas and could corrupt the sunmell with void magic. On the Alliance side you are told that sylvannas is on queldanas, so you go there.

There you fight the last bosses:
    -Gallywix / Mekkatorke 2.0
    -Nathanos / Genn Greymane
    -Sylvannas / Anduin

In this last fight, Anduin helps you fight Sylvanas, and Sylvannas helps you against Anduin. When it ends, Sylvannas, who's almost dead on both sides, jumps/falls into the sunwell and disappears, corrupting it with dark magic, which opens the way for thousands of void/shadow/death monsters to azeroth, connecting to the next expansion (just like Sargeras uses his sword at the end of legion). Anduin seals the well with light magic before some big boss bad enters azeroth.

Some characters of the raid could die, or they could simply be "deafeated" like Jaina. After the raid, The Horde and Alliance make peace, Calia is the new undead leader and Baine/Saurfang/Thrall is the new warchief. From now on, both factions can go to all the cities, and there will be some rivalry and tension between factions, but not war. There will be one subfaction on each side that still fights each other, and you're supposed to be one of them when you pvp on bg or warmode.
    Last edited by allegrian; 2019-04-06 at 10:56 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by allegrian View Post
    In this last fight, Anduin helps you fight Sylvanas, and Sylvannas helps you against Anduin. When it ends, Sylvannas, who's almost dead on both sides, jumps/falls into the sunwell and disappears, corrupting it with dark magic, which opens the way for thousands of void/shadow/death monsters to azeroth, connecting to the next expansion (just like Sargeras uses his sword at the end of legion). Anduin seals the well with light magic before some big boss bad enters azeroth.
    no.
    thank you but really, just no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    How is the current talent system any different? I haven't changed any talents since the first day of expansion on my DH.
    And I change them all the time playing my mage. Sure, some specs get less choice, but to think that old talent system gave you more real possibilities is just bullshit. But it's ok, Classic will soon show us what it really was like.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I would be surprised if we actually got a mage tower esque challenge this expansion and the only thing i could see for that are ones related to the island expedition quests.

Quote Originally Posted by allegrian View Post
    I have a cool idea for a last patch: The battle for the Eastern Kingdoms

-"Mage Tower" where you finish some Kul Tiras/Zandalar subplots, like lady Ashvane and Gorak Tul.
    -Gilneas Warfront

The new endgame zones would be ghostlands and eversong woods. The alliance is pushing the invasion of the eastern kingdoms while the horde is defending it. In the end the alliance has conquered the ruins of silvermoon (the left half of the city), and you end up with the silvermoon battle raid, similar to dazaralor, but with no "seeing the other side" stuff, where all the bosses would have an alliance and horde versions, just like the first 3 in 8.1:

-4-6 filler bosses.
    -Rommath or Thalysra / Umbric
    -Talanji / Tyrande
    -Liadrin / Turalyon
    -Lorthemar / Alleria (it could be Liadrin + Lorthemar / Turalyon + Alleria instead of 2 separate bosses)

After this, the horde/alliance has invaded the whole city (dynamic canon, it won't matter who won later). On the horde side, you are told that the Alliance is trying to conquer Quel'Danas and could corrupt the sunmell with void magic. On the Alliance side you are told that sylvannas is on queldanas, so you go there.

There you fight the last bosses:
    -Gallywix / Mekkatorke 2.0
    -Nathanos / Genn Greymane
    -Sylvannas / Anduin

Some characters of the raid could die, or they could simply be "deafeated" like Jaina. After the raid, The Horde and Alliance make peace, Calia is the new undead leader and Baine/Saurfang/Thrall is the new warchief. From now on, both factions can go to all the cities, and there will be some rivalry and tension between factions, but not war. There will be one subfaction on each side that still fights each other, and you're supposed to be one of them when you pvp on bg or warmode.
    Honestly, this sounds great and like something Blizzard could totally pull out of their ass*s like they did with Siege of Orgrimmar. Wouldn't resolve the Azshara / N'zoth plot though and keep it open until 9.0.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And I change them all the time playing my mage. Sure, some specs get less choice, but to think that old talent system gave you more real possibilities is just bullshit. But it's ok, Classic will soon show us what it really was like.
    I'm not a fan of changing talents to make your class better in different situations , i prefer having lots of spells that are useful in different scenarios.
    We don't really want the same thing from the talent system i assume.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

7+ Year Old Account
    I miss the old tomes of clear mind.
    Or vanishing powder resetting talents.

Do people still not get that the Gorak Tul storyline is finished? He might return because it is warcraft and all that, but as far as we are aware he died at the end of the Jaina storyline.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone I don't like
    Something I perceive as stupid or overly emotional.
    A quote that justifies my ideology, or attributes my opposition's position to ignorance or selfishness. - Some Nobody

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    I'm not a fan of changing talents to make your class better in different situations , i prefer having lots of spells that are useful in different scenarios.
    We don't really want the same thing from the talent system i assume.
    Welp, that bamboozled me. People usually claim that old talent system offered more choice.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    When we believe the "leak" for 8.2 (which pretty much got most things right) 8.3 won't be what we expect. And players expect N'zoth somehow so that won't be it. To have N'zoth this expansion would be such a waste for the last living Old God...
    Who said the previous old gods were actually dead? Sure we killed a piece of their physical form, but I don't think they are actually dead. The titans tried and failed. You can only lock them away. You can't kill them.

- - - Updated - - -

Welp, that bamboozled me. People usually claim that old talent system offered more choice.
    Ya the old talent tree actually gave you something every time you leveled up. And now 120 levels and only 7 talents. In my opinion that isn't fun. Which is why leveling to me is boring now and doesn't offer any intrinsic rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya the old talent tree actually gave you something every time you leveled up. And now 120 levels and only 7 talents. In my opinion that isn't fun. Which is why leveling to me is boring now and doesn't offer any intrinsic rewards.
    All the more reason to use some type of getting stronger system as you level but not necessarily talents like we have now persay. I also don't really see a big value in switching talents per situation. It feels like a low level of tactical thinking, nothing big or exciting(TO ME at least).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cena View Post
    Who said the previous old gods were actually dead? Sure we killed a piece of their physical form, but I don't think they are actually dead. The titans tried and failed. You can only lock them away. You can't kill them.
    They are dead.

We've had this discussion a billion times over, how many more times do we have to repeat this cycle of suffering?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    does anyone have a link for that? cause i feel i havent seen that one EDIT: found it, dont bother
    agree about n'zoth tho,would be yet another big waste of a character (which most likely means theyll do it, judging from the latest xpacs)
    anyone else remember the time when n'zoth was a mysterious "big bad", hyped as the most powerful old god, the one even the titans couldn't imprison, etc?
    yeah, me neither, blizz actually managed to destroy that within one book and 2 quotes from xal
    Last edited by Houle; 2019-04-06 at 05:56 PM.