Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    True I was just thinking its more attached to 8.2.5 since it will probably launch around then

And a new warfront while cool seems like a large addition for a .5 patch no?
    I don't know. I feel Warfronts are something easier to create than dungeons and raids, and some kind of group repeatable content should come with 8.2.5.

Also, they said we would still get new warfronts (plural), so assuming that was not a misleading statement nor they changed plans, I guess there will be one in 8.2.5 and another in 8.3.0.

Edit: Found the source: "There will be additional warfronts in Battle for Azeroth, and the rewards to the existing one will likely be tuned and changed."
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2019-07-17 at 03:48 AM.
    Whatever...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I don't know. I feel Warfronts are something easier to create than dungeons and raids, and some kind of group repeatable content should come with 8.2.5.

Also, they said we would still get new warfronts (plural), so assuming that was not a misleading statement nor they changed plans, I guess there will be one in 8.2.5 and another in 8.3.0.

Edit: Found the source: "There will be additional warfronts in Battle for Azeroth, and the rewards to the existing one will likely be tuned and changed."
    That makes sense, I could see them doing a barrens warfront in 8.2.5

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm expecting one more. I could even see a 4th one in 8.3.5 if it's a while till 9.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    True to that, it’s all about money. Yet Blizzard has been very silent about upcoming allied races which makes me wonder why. Either they didn’t decide yet how many BfA will still have / who it will be or they just are silent about it to prevent drama by players disliking them in advance.
    The why is simple and you need only one answer "Zandalari and Kul'tirans" they won't make the same mistake again with AR and will only announce them when they are sure they will ship the date or patch they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    The Naga are evil void lizards, we don't want them to have a leader, we want them to dissipate.
    Since Trolls are presumably evolved from Raptors, and Elves are descended from Trolls, doesn't that make the Void Elves "evil void lizards", too?

More Warfronts? Yes, exactly what players want. I hope we get more Island Expeditions too, doubling down on successful and universally praised expansion features is always a good idea.

Btw I’m curious if Thunder Bluff is just a trap. But I can’t imagine her attacking Stormwind honestly, going for THE Alliance city when her support within the Horde has shrunken and she’s not so many allies left?
    Last edited by Nyel; 2019-07-17 at 11:49 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Btw I’m curious if Thunder Bluff is just a trap.
    It could be a bluff.

More Warfronts? Yes, exactly what players want. I hope we get more Island Expeditions too, doubling down on successful and universally praised expansion features is always a good idea.

Btw I’m curious if Thunder Bluff is just a trap. But I can’t imagine her attacking Stormwind honestly, going for THE Alliance city when her support within the Horde has shrunken and she’s not so many allies left?
    The logic behind attacking an Alliance city is more or less dependent on her wanting more bodeis to turn into Forsaken.
    And if the Horde did not turn on her when she burned down a city of civilians, i cannot imagine they are going to turn on her for attacking an enemy city, at least not until Sadfang and the Dead Honor society shows up and talks about how sad they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another day another willfire thread.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It could be a bluff.
    *ba dum tss*

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Warfronts and Islands are good ideas but executed poorly. Look how long it took Blizzard to iterate on the glyph system to where it's used for cosmetic spell changes now and function in a nice way.

I feel like Warfronts should've been a different game mode entirely, sort of like how when you enter a vehicle or transformation and you have a new limited hotbar of skills.

That would've emulated more the style of Warcraft 3, literally just put in RTS mechanics while in Warfronts to have it be a different game mode in itself same as how Pet Battles are pretty much Pokemon-lite.

Islands could've been better executed without a timer, that seems very pointless. It should be more about going around finding treasure/artifacts with some enemies, not enemies you kill being the best way to increase your score.

Islands could've been a treasure hunting mini-game mode. Heck it could've even been a mode where you dig around and find shit - Minecraft-lite.

I feel like players do enough of the standard WoW gameplay loop when they are doing their World Quests, Dungeons, Raids, PvP that there should be more things that change that gameplay loop up rather than just be the same gameplay loop but in a different "setting".

But idk maybe I'm incorrect on this and most of the playerbase would hate this shit, what do you guys think?

10+ Year Old Account
    This TB shit feels like such a fuckin waste of time, narrative wise. I really hope it's a red herring.

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Warfronts and Islands are good ideas but executed poorly. Look how long it took Blizzard to iterate on the glyph system to where it's used for cosmetic spell changes now and function in a nice way.

I feel like Warfronts should've been a different game mode entirely, sort of like how when you enter a vehicle or transformation and you have a new limited hotbar of skills.

That would've emulated more the style of Warcraft 3, literally just put in RTS mechanics while in Warfronts to have it be a different game mode in itself same as how Pet Battles are pretty much Pokemon-lite.

Islands could've been better executed without a timer, that seems very pointless. It should be more about going around finding treasure/artifacts with some enemies, not enemies you kill being the best way to increase your score.

Islands could've been a treasure hunting mini-game mode. Heck it could've even been a mode where you dig around and find shit - Minecraft-lite.

I feel like players do enough of the standard WoW gameplay loop when they are doing their World Quests, Dungeons, Raids, PvP that there should be more things that change that gameplay loop up rather than just be the same gameplay loop but in a different "setting".

But idk maybe I'm incorrect on this and most of the playerbase would hate this shit, what do you guys think?
    The problem with Warfronts should have been obvious at the concept stage, honestly. I am surprised it didnt hit anyone as soon as they had the thought "Old-school RTS where the player is the hero unit" and considered that no RTS game is 1 side of generic units and 1 side of 20 hero units. It simply does not work.

Warfronts should have been 10 man maximum, preferably 5. That would allow Blizz to properly balance around teamwork and communication. Instead of what we got where you are lucky if you have half the group working together on some kind of nebulous goal. (Admittedly, HC warfronts do almost get it right when you play it with 10 people)

Islands should not have been with several people at all. It should honestly have been a single player scenario that allowed a more thoughful approach. Not much would have needed to be changed all that much honestly once you remove the obligation of 2 other players and the time limit with the opposing team. PvP mode could still be 3v3, but there really should have been a single player version that allowed you to really take in the scenery that was created.
    That, and some more gamemodes, like there being 1 long questline, a boss, or maybe have it occasionally contain a minigame.

I do want Blizz to keep experimenting though. Scenarios in MoP was one of the worst blights on that expansion, but in years since then it has turned into the biggest boon Blizz has in their approach to storytelling. Just the basic quests have been improved massively from the scenario tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    This TB shit feels like such a fuckin waste of time, narrative wise. I really hope it's a red herring.
    Implying that the entirety of MoP, WoD and BfA so far haven't been a complete waste of time, narrative wise. A single patch is nothing compared to years of this shit.

I doubt they'll do another warfront in 8.2.5, considering they still have to do the heroic version of Darkshore. I think we'll see a new one in 8.3.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alosiboy View Post
    I doubt they'll do another warfront in 8.2.5, considering they still have to do the heroic version of Darkshore. I think we'll see a new one in 8.3.
    It's abandoned feature. I expect heroic Darkshore for Season 4 and nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Another day another willfire thread.
    Honestly, there should be a limit. What him, styil and others like that are doing is basically spam.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2019-07-17 at 04:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Implying that the entirety of MoP, WoD and BfA so far haven't been a complete waste of time, narrative wise. A single patch is nothing compared to years of this shit.
    Except they haven't, you making millions of threads about your hatred of BFA won't change that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The logic behind attacking an Alliance city is more or less dependent on her wanting more bodeis to turn into Forsaken.
    And if the Horde did not turn on her when she burned down a city of civilians, i cannot imagine they are going to turn on her for attacking an enemy city, at least not until Sadfang and the Dead Honor society shows up and talks about how sad they are.
    I think with Saurfang, Baine and Thrall turning against her pretty much of the Horde will turn against Sylvanas, too. And in that case I have now idea how she’d attack Stormwind with her decimated forces and thinks she can get more Undead out of it when a lot of her allies will just die because they’re outnumbered.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post

Good ideas executed poorly. That’s all of BfA, add the Heart of Azeroth to that list and it perfectly describes BfAs struggles. Warfronts never sounded interesting imho, Island Expeditions did. Yet they are so mind numbingly boring and repetitive that even the good idea behind it (exploration) doesn’t matter at all. All those islands with nice little secrets and more to do than kill would have been a nice side activity.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I think with Saurfang, Baine and Thrall turning against her pretty much of the Horde will turn against Sylvanas, too. And in that case I have now idea how she’d attack Stormwind with her decimated forces and thinks she can get more Undead out of it when a lot of her allies will just die because they’re outnumbered.

- - - Updated - - -

Good ideas executed poorly. That’s all of BfA, add the Heart of Azeroth to that list and it perfectly describes BfAs struggles. Warfronts never sounded interesting imho, Island Expeditions did. Yet they are so mind numbingly boring and repetitive that even the good idea behind it (exploration) doesn’t matter at all. All those islands with nice little secrets and more to do than kill would have been a nice side activity.
    Sylvanas would have problem attacking anywhere if the story remembered everyone knows she is evil. Many of the plotholes on BfA, and stories in general are filled with willing suspension of disbelief and handwaved explanations.

If Sylvanas wants to attack Stormwind you can bet your ass the story will conjure up a massive legion of diehard Forsaken or orcs or whatever that are willing to die for her twisted vision, no matter how small such a force would realistically be.
    That being said, if the story gives her the element of surprise to work with then you could easily just say she attacks, then ressurects all those killed to fight for her, and suddenly you have loads of forces for her to play with.

Warfronts sounded good on paper, i would say. The problem with those is just that the execution was flawed from the beginning. As i mentioned above, there is not a single RTS i am aware of where one side has 20 hero units and one side has none, outside custom maps where one side has a handicap.
    Warfronts as they are would either need an equal amount of named enemy NPCs that roamed the map fulfilling the same purpose as the players, or swarming the maps with enough enemies that having 20 "hero" units would be barely noticed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Sylvanas would have problem attacking anywhere if the story remembered everyone knows she is evil. Many of the plotholes on BfA, and stories in general are filled with willing suspension of disbelief and handwaved explanations.

If Sylvanas wants to attack Stormwind you can bet your ass the story will conjure up a massive legion of diehard Forsaken or orcs or whatever that are willing to die for her twisted vision, no matter how small such a force would realistically be.
    That being said, if the story gives her the element of surprise to work with then you could easily just say she attacks, then ressurects all those killed to fight for her, and suddenly you have loads of forces for her to play with.

Warfronts sounded good on paper, i would say. The problem with those is just that the execution was flawed from the beginning. As i mentioned above, there is not a single RTS i am aware of where one side has 20 hero units and one side has none, outside custom maps where one side has a handicap.
    Warfronts as they are would either need an equal amount of named enemy NPCs that roamed the map fulfilling the same purpose as the players, or swarming the maps with enough enemies that having 20 "hero" units would be barely noticed.
    Logistics has hardly ever been a thing in Warcraft. It honestly shouldn't matter and usually doesn't unless random weird moments like Tyrande's going into Night Warrior(Anduin's....story explanation for not helping). You get the point. Even if I approve of a Stormwind raid it would still be plausible...her Forsaken are more likely to listen to her(Most of them) then the other races. Thats just how they've been portrayed(Calm before the Storm novel not withstanding even though they didn't totally go through with all of that ingame).

I like the idea of Warfronts as a weird Battleground PVE mode but I think they should at least continue developing it. Doesn't help that it seems gamers are stingy and if a mechanic sucks they want it gone asap and yell about it loudly. No learning or trying to fix it, just GONE REMOVED NAO!

Warrior-Magi