7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I think your perception on "Given up" might not be in reality.
    They are not writing her. They write plot points and she is mentioned or simply reacts.

She's more plot device than character at this point
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    They are not writing her. They write plot points and she is mentioned or simply reacts.

She's more plot device than character at this point

No she isn't, she's doing things that are well within her character, she's not stupid, she knows what she is doing.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    she's not stupid, she knows what she is doing.
    Well, that's Debatable
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

No she isn't, she's doing things that are well within her character, she's not stupid, she knows what she is doing.
    is scheeming planing sylvanass really that shocking ? i would udnerstand the outrage if it was saurfang doing all the "all according to plan" but purple boob chick is characterized like that since wc3, she is the type of character that would rather manipulate others to do the dirty work rather then do it herself

10+ Year Old Account
    It is almost time, I haven't this excited for a BFA patch yet. Secrecy can certainly hype things up.

Prediction:

Sylvanas escapes
    Sarfang dies
    Etrigg becomes the the orc leader(maybe this will be for 8.3)
    N'zoth makes a big move
    Horde and Alliance make a peace treaty.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I think that's almost guaranteed to happen here, considering Nzoths appearance has been postponed for so long.
    That's what I meant when I talked about the "shock factor" that's hyped up by the devs. Knowing them it'll be something predictable as I and others in this forum said weeks, months ago.

You know what would be shocking and unexpected? Sylvanas or Anduin die. Or some crazy shit that's akin to that. But having Saurfang die is the most predictable thing ever, as with N'zoth interfering.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I expect sylvanas raid and battlefield Durotar which is basically battlefield barrens but in durotar.

Simply put i expect mop 2.0

7+ Year Old Account
    The problem with BfA's writing is that a story that depends on delivering 'shocking and unexpected' for shits and giggles devalues the story itself.

I mean. It'd be shocking if Aysa Cloudsinger suddenly appeared commanding the Burning Legion remnants in Azeroth and takes over the world. Would it be good?
    Fuck no

I just hope that N'zoth is not shown as the final boss in BfA. Sylvanas really should be the final boss considering all the events that show her as the villain of the expansion. N'zoth shouldnt have to be defeated so quickly after being released, it devalues him being released at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with BfA's writing is that a story that depends on delivering 'shocking and unexpected' for shits and giggles devalues the story itself.

I mean. It'd be shocking if Aysa Cloudsinger suddenly appeared commanding the Burning Legion remnants in Azeroth and takes over the world. Would it be good?
    Fuck no
    Except for the fact what Sylvanas has been doing is well within her character, she's always been in the shadows, scheming and not in your face. She's always been about death, and uncaring, and ruthless. She's acting the way she should be. So your example is stupid. Not to mention Aysa has been barely used so that kind of shock wouldn't work for different reasons.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    That's what I meant when I talked about the "shock factor" that's hyped up by the devs. Knowing them it'll be something predictable as I and others in this forum said weeks, months ago.

You know what would be shocking and unexpected? Sylvanas or Anduin die. Or some crazy shit that's akin to that. But having Saurfang die is the most predictable thing ever, as with N'zoth interfering.
    I'm not sure why so many people expect Saurfang to die when his arc is about him stopping being suicidal.

Yes, it's "not Siege" if the rebel dies, but it's much much MUCH more likely that Thrall will bite it instead of Saurfang because Saurfang dying won't cause great change in the Horde/goes against his arc.

mop 2.0 or anduin is gonna walk into a trap and like "no you" sylvanas or something after saurfang dies.

That is my expectation.

Fuck no
    what you are describe is deus ex bolvar from fake leak of shadowlands, everything that sylvanas has done so far was well within her character, or foreshadowed in predating patches (resurection of derek as sleeper agent for example)

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I just hope that N'zoth is not shown as the final boss in BfA. Sylvanas really should be the final boss considering all the events that show her as the villain of the expansion. N'zoth shouldnt have to be defeated so quickly after being released, it devalues him being released at all.
    Okay, I'd say it's absolutely safe to say Sylvanas won't be fought or even killed as a boss directly. She's the Blizzcon poster girl, it doesn't make sense to "waste" her. Unfortunately the next expansion will be centered around her so... (I still hope it's neither N'zoth). What I could see is Blizzard placing Nathanos as sacrifice to keep Sylvanas safe.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brt2pp View Post
    what you are describe is deus ex bolvar from fake leak of shadowlands, everything that sylvanas has done so far was well within her character, or foreshadowed in predating patches (resurection of derek as sleeper agent for example)
    And its bullshit the horde going along with her, doing the same mistake with Garrosh

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure why so many people expect Saurfang to die when his arc is about him stopping being suicidal.

Yes, it's "not Siege" if the rebel dies, but it's much much MUCH more likely that Thrall will bite it instead of Saurfang because Saurfang dying won't cause great change in the Horde/goes against his arc.
    Is it? That's the first time I've seen that. As for Thrall being more important? Thankfully he is now just a footnote since WoD. He fucked off to who cares where to raise a family. And he hasn't been an official member since Wrath. He could die but I don't think much would change within the Horde just cause Thrall died.

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    Sucks I'll have to bail from this thread when the patch drops. Going to have to find another way to spend time at work
    I will have the same problem hahahahaha

Yeah Thrall is too unimportant to be killed off. Saurfang has a way bigger role now so killing Thrall has shock factor = 0. Okay killing Saurfang is barely more shocking. At least killing Thrall would come quite out of the blue (although it was foreshadowed already).

7+ Year Old Account
    People are expecting Saurfang to get killed not to kill himself.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Is it? That's the first time I've seen that. As for Thrall being more important? Thankfully he is now just a footnote since WoD. He fucked off to who cares where to raise a family. And he hasn't been an official member since Wrath. He could die but I don't think much would change within the Horde just cause Thrall died.
    He tries to get killed in his first cinematic, stopped by Zekhan. Then tries to get killed by the Alliance and stopped by Anduin. This prompts him to get his shit together and start doing a rebellion against Sylvanas instead of constantly trying to get his honorable death.

And yes Sylvanas killing Thrall would cause full on civil war as opposed to the sneaky stuff going on.