10+ Year Old Account
    You want us to trust HOLINKA???
    He is working on the combat of the game sooooooooooo yeah I do.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    People want them so they say it gonna happen.
    Not that i blame then, its a usual thing that happens everywhere in life
    I get that people want it. But Dark rangers just seems like the weirdest choice.
    As i mentioned, Necromancer makes sense despite my opinion of them being redundant in both gameplay and class identity.

But why Dark rangers? Play a MM hunter, make a dark transmog and tame an undead hunter pet from the Plaguelands.
    It just seems like such a thin premise ot base it on unless you want to specifically play Sylvanas. As in, a banshee posessing a ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post

tl;dr: 8.3 is short term hype, 9.0 is long term hype. They are not mutually exclusive.
    the main reason why people think they are mutualy exclusive is because revealing 9.0 will most likely spoil 8.3, and also, you can't hype two things at once, hype doesn't work like that, you can't show bigger nicer cake, and later smaller one and expect people to be excited for the lesser one

I too make shit up as i go! Let me see... the next class is gonna be necromancer because sylvanas talks about death all the time and nzoth!

face it this stuff is as dellusional as 6 years ago where people started blubbed arround how tinker was totally the next class.
    Also, even if your wild interpretations were true, thats actually an counter argument because non of the implimetent new classes follow that pattern. We got DK after getting "slapped left and right" with DHs in TBC and we got monks out of nowhere while it was even not a hero unit in wc3
    Are you picking and choosing what you respond too? I also said the island expidition teams are all based off of current classes. And both factions have a tinker team with all their own abilities.

Im not saying tinkers are confirmed. I'm saying that they've been teased heavily thoughout BFA.

Look at the conversation between liadrin and the nightborn teleporting dude inside the vindicaar. Then BAM nightborne race for the horde.

Sometimes teases dont mean anything and other times they mean everything. Thats all im saying based on observations.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Can someone explain to me the Dark ranger thing? So many people seem convinced it will be a class and i simply do not get it.

Tinkers i get because it is a class theme that does not exist, and there are several NPCs in game that show off things that said class could do.
    Necromancers as well, it is a bit shaky how they intend to play differently from Demonology, or how their class identity will be different from Unholy DK, but i see the appeal.

Dark rangers just seem so vapid in concept. It is, from what i have seen of the Dark rangers in-game, a MM hunter with purple effects. The only Dark ranger with anything more than that is Sylvanas who is completely different from all the other known Dark rangers.
    It just seems like such a weird class to latch on to, like Blademaster or Hydromancer.
    The reason is the devs seem to favor edgy classes and don't seem to care so much about what is better for the game. So, logic goes out the window. And since their modus operandi has been to have classes attached to expansion themes and the foreboding of Shadowlands is in the air and they expanded the repertoire of Dark Rangers with that melee Sylvanas in the last cinematic, it is becoming rather obvious what they are doing. Much to my dismay i may add. Tinker is the class the game needs, not Dark Ranger, yet another Death based class that is simply doing what MM hunters and rogues already do with a deathly flavor.
    Tinker is completely original. But heck if they care. They have shafted Tinker so much already that i expect nothing but the worst from them. Despite all the forbodding existing for Tinker as well atm after Mechagon, island teams and the sealed Mekkatorque. They are making us toss a coin, but when i see things implemented in the cinematics, it seems to hold a lot of water cause those are expensive and thoroughly thought out. So, i cannot help but think it's not a coincidence.

I am now expecting Dark Ranger is the next class, but i am not at all happy about it. Nor was it the most popular on polls. But alas, whatever the devs want goes.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-10-01 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Are you picking and choosing what you respond too? I also said the island expidition teams are all based off of current classes. And both factions have a tinker team with all their own abilities.

Im not saying tinkers are confirmed. I'm saying that they've been teased heavily thoughout BFA.

Look at the conversation between liadrin and the nightborn teleporting dude inside the vindicaar. Then BAM nightborne race for the horde.

Sometimes teases dont mean anything and other times they mean everything. Thats all im saying based on observations.
    they are not teased, in the same way dh's wasn't teased in tbc. So far every single new class was thematicaly in sync with theme of expansion, and so far i can't see next expansion beeing mecha-gundam themed, thus, i would say it's less then 1% chance for tinker to be a next class. there is so many death themed classes they could pull out, using tinker is ridiculous idea

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Understanding the full implications required additional information, though.
    Wasn't Murkidan given for a Blizzcon VT during WoD? Then they went into Legion expansion.

Also I remember getting a Deathwing Murky for Cataclysm before that released. Seems like more times than not the Murlocs are related to upcoming expansion.

The game doesnt "need" another class at all. Quite the opposite i would say.

I also dont agree on the orginal thing. WoW is not an orginal IP, its Warcraft. 1. priorty should be adding all possible classes/interpretations of them that are already etablished so people that already gravitate to it should feel "home".

Again keep in mind i dont think any class should be added

- - - Updated - - -

I did respond to all your points.
    You claimed something is heavily teased, i give 3rd option which is thematicly arguables more teased, necromancer.
    You ciaimed teasing indicates classes for the next expansion, i stated that none of the added classes were teased like your suggested pattern.
    Yes, the game does need new classes to stay interesting. It's part of adding new content. Stagnation is not the key of success for mmo's.

Quote Originally Posted by brt2pp View Post
    they are not teased, in the same way dh's wasn't teased in tbc. So far every single new class was thematicaly in sync with theme of expansion, and so far i can't see next expansion beeing mecha-gundam themed, thus, i would say it's less then 1% chance for tinker to be a next class. there is so many death themed classes they could pull out, using tinker is ridiculous idea
    Right which is why I think bliz might throw a curve ball this time and introduce the next class at the end of the current expansion to bridge it for the next one. Wouldn't be the first time blizz went above the status quo.

But if not tinkers it could definitely be something else and the dark ranger is the one other class that had been teases just as much. Like i said compare those two questions by Shaw and Nathanos. And now that sylvanas left her guild all the DR nelves from darkshore can go back to the alliance and bam, you get alliance dark rangers.

And if 9.0 is based on death then there's the thematic hook.
    Last edited by Varx; 2019-10-01 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    He is working on the combat of the game sooooooooooo yeah I do.
    I sometimes mix up blizzard members, but isn't holinka the one that is blamed for pvp being garbage, ashran and the pruning after mop?

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Wasn't Murkidan given for a Blizzcon VT during WoD? Then they went into Legion expansion.

Also I remember getting a Deathwing Murky for Cataclysm before that released. Seems like more times than not the Murlocs are related to upcoming expansion.
    Legion was announced at gamescom, murkidan was given out at blizzcon later the same year. Deathwing murky was given out in 2010. Cataclysm was announced a year prior.
    In both cases the expansion was revealed for at least several months.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sometimes mix up blizzard members, but isn't holinka the one that is blamed for pvp being garbage, ashran and the pruning after mop?
    He was the person that got blamed for PVP related things but.....considering WoD as a whole just didn't mesh well with anyone, I don't think he was the MAIN culprit.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    The 2017 mounts did hint at faction conflict.
    Did not remember that. I did not buy that one, was very busy at the time.

Hopefully we will get something with which we can speculate then !
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    If we'll get two murlocs, I guess it will be Void Murloc and Death Murlock just to f*ck with us.

10+ Year Old Account
    I expect at least one more leak b4 Blizzcon that will be a legit one but most people will write it off.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    If we'll get two murlocs, I guess it will be Void Murloc and Death Murlock just to f*ck with us.
    Oh, man, that would confirm my “Death vs Void” 8.3 prediction...

- - - Updated - - -

I expect at least one more leak b4 Blizzcon that will be a legit one but most people will write it off.
    Probably coming out October 31st.
    Whatever...

It's definitely going to be Anduinloc... come on.

Though Sylvanasloc at this point is awkwardly late.

You can tell after the fact because it's the only one that got the expansion name right.

People will still claim that Shadowlands leak was real because 3 points turned out right, nevermind all the rest was bullshit, but it was probably just because it's an early leak and things changed or they changed it to not be discovered - not because it's all made up and a broken clock is still right twice a day.
    Last edited by Samin; 2019-10-01 at 03:46 PM.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    You can tell after the fact because it's the only one that got the expansion name right.

People will still claim that Shadowlands leak was real because 3 points turned out right, nevermind all the rest was bullshit, but it was probably just because it's an early leak and things changed or they changed it to not be discovered.
    Or because anyone with a brain saw that we are eventually getting an expansion in the Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Or because anyone with a brain saw that we are eventually getting an expansion in the Shadowlands.
    I sincerely hope that they give the Shadowlands an Emerald's Dream treatment.

An expansion there seems absolutely uninteresting to me. Plus is like the Emerald's Dream, but a darker version. If they could not make an expansion of the first I do not know how they will be able to do one of the latter, the same problems would apply.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Reminds me of "leak" about 8.2, where author just repeat all stuff we knew and add 1-2 stuff that turned out bullshit. Haven't stop MMOChamps from believing it even weeks after PTR launch ;D.

And so far maaany things point toward "Death" expansion, but nothing really indicate that it will happen in Shadowlands. Imo it would rather fit as last patch Argus style zone.