I'm hopeful we'll see a non-crypted PTR patch this week! Fingers crossed folks.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Nighthold raid opened a week after 7.1.5, Tomb of Sargeras opened a week after 7.2.5, Antorus being a little wonky cuz last patch of Legion but it opened up a month after patch 7.3.2. None of those released on their X.X.0 patches.

That's why I was thinking it'd be the same in BFA.

I guess in BFA it's a little different: I see Battle of Dazar'alor opened in 8.1 a month after the patch hit, with CoS coming in 8.1.5 which as you said is part of the same tier.

So if they're releasing raids about a month out from their respective patches and if going with your 5-6 month schedule then we'd see Azshara raid sometime in late June at the earliest.
    We have around 5 months between raid tier. In Legion it matched with 7.X.5 patches, but this time 8.1 was much later. So in BfA it's different.

Azshara's raid will launch in June or July, no matter which patch it would be.

And there is no chance for mid-May. They need some time to test 8.2 on PTR servers. We have clue from Magni questline (about 77 cycles) - which indicate that we will have something on 28th May. It may be 8.2 or some quest leading to 8.2 launch (like before 7.3).
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2019-04-07 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I'm hopeful we'll see a non-crypted PTR patch this week! Fingers crossed folks.
    I'm really positive it will. I can't wait! The wait has been hard.

Azshara raid in June sounds very unlikely imho. Blizzard is quite slow this expansion and I don't see them rushing this one patch when it's so important for BfA.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Not to mention you would think the beta would be releasing soon for a game releasing in July. Even if it is just a rerelease of an old game, they will need at least 3 months of beta I'd imagine to make everything perfect. I expect the beta to start sometime in late April/early May, and for Classic to release mid-late August.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean why not? I can easily come up with enough talents to fit getting a point every level.

Fireball damage increased by 3/6/9/12/15%
    Fireball cast time reduced by 2/4/6/8/10%
    Fireblast damage increased by 3/6/9/12/15%
    Pyroblase damage increased by 2/4/6/8/10%
    Pyroblast crit damage increased by 2/4/6/8/10%
    Flamestike damage increased by 3/6/9/12/15%
    Scorch damage increased by 5/10/15/20/25%
    Scorch cast time reduced by 3/6/9/12/15%
    Dragon's Breath range increased by 3/6/9 yards.
    Dragon's Breath disorient increased to 5/6/7 seconds.
    Dragon's Breath damage increased by 10/20/30/40/50%
    Dragon's Breath Crit chance increased by 5/10/15/20/25%
    Combustion now lasts 12/14/16 seconds.
    Mastery Ignite is now 5/10/15% more potent.
    Intellect increased by 2/4/6%
    Haste increased by 1/2/3/4/5%
    Crit increased by 1/2/3/4/5%
    Versatility increased by 1/2/3/4/5%
    Health increased by 2/4/6/8/10%
    Movement speed increased by 3/6/9/12/15%
    You gain 2/4/6/8/10% Leech
    Blink increases your movement speed by 10/20/30% for 5 seconds after use.
    Blink heals you for 5/10/15% after every use.
    Slow fall increases your movement speed while falling by 20/40/60%

They could even do fun ones like.

Your hearthstone creates a portal that others in your group can take for 5 minutes.
    Your mounted speed is 10/20/30% faster for 1 minute after combat.
    You can now blink mid air.
    Your summon portal now has a window so users can choose where they want to go.
    Hoo boy that'd be interesting if they went back to "increases intellect by 3%" talents after they specifically singled those out as why the old system sucked, and an example of boring talents.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Hoo boy that'd be interesting if they went back to "increases intellect by 3%" talents after they specifically singled those out as why the old system sucked, and an example of boring talents.
    And rightfully so. If you want to give rewards on every levelup, you can't fill all levels, even if reduced to 60, with straight talent points. Some kind of lootbox with gear, special potions or other useful but not too powerful stuff could be used to fill the gaps.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    And rightfully so. If you want to give rewards on every levelup, you can't fill all levels, even if reduced to 60, with straight talent points. Some kind of lootbox with gear, special potions or other useful but not too powerful stuff could be used to fill the gaps.
    ................ I'll take the 3% intellect over lootboxes in WoW.

So where do you guys believe patch 8.3 will take us? To a fight with N'zoth?

Or something as epic and surprising as Argus?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    I'm really positive it will. I can't wait! The wait has been hard.
    I know right? I can't wait to see the datamined models and Naz'jatar! Also it's been a while, how have you been bud?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorgesh View Post

I think it will be unexpected. And I think it will focus on the Horde VS Alliance fight, not on N'zoth. I mean, one last epic warfront about a major siege such a capital city, along with a raid could work. It would wrap up the Horde VS Alliance thing nicely, and save the substential fight (N'zoth) for next expansion!

10+ Year Old Account

I think it's entirely expected, and Blizz is just locked in their insulated bubble and don't realize we're fully aware where this story is going.

"They think it's an Old God expansion, they'll never expect... Evil Warchief!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    If they brought back those retarded % traits, I would pay someone to make an addon that autofills them...
    Crimea is Ukraine!

I think it's entirely expected, and Blizz is just locked in their insulated bubble and don't realize we're fully aware where this story is going.

"They think it's an Old God expansion, they'll never expect... Evil Warchief!"
    Pretty much everyone I've come across believe we'll fight N'zoth at the end of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alosiboy View Post
    Pretty much everyone I've come across believe we'll fight N'zoth at the end of the expansion.
    You aren't wrong. But if not him most people would put Sylvanas second. Except her fanboys.

Out of left field unexpected would be fighting Anduin, or Wrathion, or Azeroth.

................ I'll take the 3% intellect over lootboxes in WoW.
    "lootbox" in general, as in a 'container' containing loot, not something you buy in the shop, obviously. Like the ones you get for completing a random levelling dungeon (up to at least MoP) but with more 'exciting' content (for levelling, not maxlevel stuff)
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2019-04-07 at 07:56 PM.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by alosiboy View Post
    Yeah and that's the reason why we won't get N'zoth. Too obvious.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I don't know why people DON'T think Sylvanas will be a raid boss after we just had a Jaina fight where she disappears and the players don't kill her.

That basically confirmed that Blizz is thinking of "big character boss fights" where we DON'T lay the final blow on them (an evolution of Garrosh, but he kind of "died" after Siege anyway) and we already saw how Sylvanas escapes confrontations (the team rocket banshee thing) so I think to complete the three cinematic female bosses thing she WILL be the final boss or one of them.

Sylvanas being a boss in the last raid =/= what everyone thinks the final raid will be (N'zoth or Siege of Org 2). It's much more likely to be Shadowlands if it isn't Nzoth related (and I don't think it is considering that would be three nzoth themed raids in a row).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I think it will be unexpected. And I think it will focus on the Horde VS Alliance fight, not on N'zoth. I mean, one last epic warfront about a major siege such a capital city, along with a raid could work. It would wrap up the Horde VS Alliance thing nicely, and save the substential fight (N'zoth) for next expansion!
    We're going to have TWO raids and TWO corresponding warfronts: Silvermoon and Exodar raids happen simultaneously, along with Ghostlands and Bloodmyst Isle warfronts respectively. Kalimdor will be fully red with EK fully blue! So unexpected even Blizzard weren't prepared!

Nah but seriously I feel like it will be one of the scenarios people have already thought up: Either AvH focus or Old God related or Shadowlands or Void xpac etc. I can't imagine it'll actually be "unexpected". Like the burning of Teldrassil, people thought it was going to be more elaborate than it actually was (Because Blizz tried to make it seem so) then it was literally what people first thought all along: Sylvanas.

I also put a resolution to Sylvanas's arc as Warchief in any one of those because they're obviously building up to a conclusion of sorts with her as Warchief between all these patch stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Not only that, but it would be a lot of Old God in one expansion. We already had Uldir, were about to go into crucible, and even if Azshara is at odds against N'zoth, there is still going to be a lot of Old God stuff in her raid. Even in Legion, we didn't attack the Legion head on really until ToS. Plus, the ending will have to involve the faction conflict in someway, and i really don't know how fighting N'zoth relates to the faction war.

blizzard always does obvious.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    You were also a disappointment! (I kid I kid)
    I know right

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Nighthold raid opened a week after 7.1.5, Tomb of Sargeras opened a week after 7.2.5, Antorus being a little wonky cuz last patch of Legion but it opened up a month after patch 7.3.2. None of those released on their X.X.0 patches.

That's why I was thinking it'd be the same in BFA.

I guess in BFA it's a little different: I see Battle of Dazar'alor opened in 8.1 a month after the patch hit, with CoS coming in 8.1.5 which as you said is part of the same tier.

So if they're releasing raids about a month out from their respective patches and if going with your 5-6 month schedule then we'd see Azshara raid sometime in late June at the earliest.

This still falls in line with my prediction that 8.2 will come in mid or late May since BoD came out just over a month of patch 8.1.0.

- - - Updated - - -

I will always remember you as a cat with duck legs.
    I should switch back to that really.

- - - Updated - - -

Azshara raid in June sounds very unlikely imho. Blizzard is quite slow this expansion and I don't see them rushing this one patch when it's so important for BfA.
    8.2 June 25th
    Azshara raid July 16th

- - - Updated - - -

I think it might be boring but it makes it feel like an rpg.

- - - Updated - - -

If it isn't Nzoth I can't even begin to speculate. Let's see what's in 8.2 first.