Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's more due to people believing the dagger will be successfully used against him. But i agree, something's going on there. At least Azshara not picking up on it is perfectly in-character. Gal is way to vain to even consider the possibility.

For all we know, it might even have been N'zoth that made her come up with the great idea.
    I suppose it would make presentation of N'Zoth better... But I don't want Azshara getting the short end of the stick so to speak. I need more of scenes of her showing her power.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    well datamining implies NZoth does get dealt with in 8.3 succesfully

unless its a reaaally long con of his ...
    If it's a con it probably doesn't come back to bite us for another expansion or two.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

It all coems down to (presumably) the cinematic at the end. I would guess Wrathion uses the dagger on N'zoth, he makes a cryptic remark/laughs maniacally, and Wrathion looks on with confusion but decides to ignore it. Everyone thinks N'zoth was defeated, he has used all his forces and everything.

Bottom line, we will see what happens. My guess is teh dagger mysteriously disappears sometime in 9.0 or goes inert with no explanation, and only later do we learn that, surprise surprise. N'zoth begin stabbed by the dagger was his plan all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It all coems down to (presumably) the cinematic at the end. I would guess Wrathion uses the dagger on N'zoth, he makes a cryptic remark/laughs maniacally, and Wrathion looks on with confusion but decides to ignore it. Everyone thinks N'zoth was defeated, he has used all his forces and everything.

Bottom line, we will see what happens. My guess is teh dagger mysteriously disappears sometime in 9.0 or goes inert with no explanation, and only later do we learn that, surprise surprise. N'zoth begin stabbed by the dagger was his plan all along.
    Wrathion becoming Deathwing 2.0 isn't very original, is it?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Wrathion becoming Deathwing 2.0 isn't very original, is it?
    Not sure where you got that idea from my summary there, but that was not my intent.
    Suppose it is too late to prevent that comparision anyways, he is already turned into a lava dragon under the sway of N'zoth in the raid, not sure what else is needed.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account

I predict that Bfa will end this way: Sylvanas tries to kill N'zoth with the blade but, plot twist, It fails since we freed Xal'atath and the blade is now useless (it was N'zoth's plan all along). So, in the end, we will use the mysterious Halls of Origination weapon to banish him and all his corruption from the planet but at a cost, we screw up Azeroth again and this will lead to a major world revamp next expansion. Also I think Magni will die or something.

Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    What if the dagger is the new HoA in 9.0
    How is that even supposed to work, are we gonna tape the dagger to a stick or a shield for non-dagger users?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That seems more obviously stupid than freeing Gul'dan in WoD.

Let's feed an imprisoned Old God energy.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

No, it implies he appears to have been dealt with. And Alleria remarks that there are now additional whispers, instead of less.

Not sure where you got that idea from my summary there, but that was not my intent.
    Suppose it is too late to prevent that comparision anyways, he is already turned into a lava dragon under the sway of N'zoth in the raid, not sure what else is needed.
    Oh I meant because he's doing all that dagger stuff (and we both know it's N'zoth whispers that bring him to do that *g*). And you're right, he's already fallen for him.

No, it implies he appears to have been dealt with. And Alleria remarks that there are now additional whispers, instead of less.
    dealt with = not threatening Azeroth world soul right now, at the least

may or may not have been resealed

the new voices are curious though

What if N'zoth just has a crush on Xalatath and he wants to make some Old God offspring with her? 8.3 heavily implies love is in the air.

What if N'zoth just has a crush on Xalatath and he wants to make some Old God offspring with her? 8.3 heavily implies love is in the air.
    I want to disagree on principle, but really, you are right. All we are really lacking is for Mekkatorque to be saved by a spunky female gnome and for Anduin to marry Taelia in 8.3.5.
    Maybe this is foreshadowing 8.3.5 releasing before Valentines day with the biggest holiday event update in the history of WoW.

dealt with = not threatening Azeroth world soul right now, at the least

may or may not have been resealed

the new voices are curious though
    That's not really a counter argument. Whether we actually stopped his attack is unclear.

Wouldn't there be a hint to that when she was freed? N'Zoth was talking to her then.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Wouldn't there be a hint to that when she was freed? N'Zoth was talking to her then.
    "It's complicated."

5+ Year Old Account
    Ideally I'd want Shaw and Flynn to hit it off as well as Wrandiun after 8.3 but I doubt Blizzard will ever make an explicit gay couple of known characters, let alone two.

As for the Ilgy stuff, my guesses:

Before the last shadow falls, the Father of Sleep shall savor his feast.
    The troll loa thing everyone has been saying.

The golden one claims a vacant throne. The crown of light will bring only darkness.
    Calia.

When their mistress beckons, nine ravens take flight. Each seeks a prize to earn her favor.
    Sylv/Helya Valkyr. Not confident about this one but can't think of anything else.

The vassal of life disguises treachery. Beware the eyes of green.
    Considering their proximity to the Nightmare as well as her saying the Green Flight is doomed, I feel like the Ysera's daughter might end up betraying us (but wont be killed) due to corruption of some sort. Could be Malf too though.

Five lanterns, now darkened. The flame they seek will light the masters' way.
    Dragonflights, suggesting dragon content for 9.0.

The blind queen wields a scepter of bone. From the deep she calls forth doom.
    This one is a bit tricky. At first I thought it was about Azshara but what about her would be blind?

Leads me to think it is about Sylv or Tyrande. As both characters have prominent features concerning their eyes (Tyrande's being black eyes and Sylv's being the tears? under her eyes.) I'm leaning on Tyrande though given what's being set up.

The cunning ones kneel before six masters, but serve only one.
    Def a reference to the Sylvanas loyalists.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

All the romance stuff seems like it's for Love is in the Air, that or they are hinting at a timeskip and/or romanceable companions. Nathanos even started it in 8.2.5.

It's too on the nose.

The vassal of life disguises treachery. Beware the eyes of green.
    Could this be one or several blood elves? They have green eyes. Or someone in blood elf form.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I feel like the whole "Nzoth is testing us" thing ONLY makes sense if he was testing us to see if we can kill him.
    I was under the impression there is more to the whole story, but i am starting to think there may be nothing.
    Testing us didn't make much sense because we weren't in real danger in nazjatar anyway and he knew that.
    Testing if we are strong enough to kill azshara to prevent him being killed by her would make sense, but why should he take azshara with him and leave the dagger that can kill him in her posession?(not even starting to think about where she keeps it)
    Then we have the possibility of n'zoth testing us if we are able to kill him. But why? To gain access to the shadowlands like he had with the emerald dream?
    I still don't quite get it. I really hope there is some story behind this.

N'zoth has been slain and his blood now erupts all over azeroth. We have to collect it and store it in the blade to safe azeroth! Would be an original idea.

10 years and many still discuss if yogg and C'thun are dead or not. Interesting to see what will happen once N'zoth joins the discussion.