10+ Year Old Account
    Well this thread died. I imagine it will pick back up when 8.2 ptr starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    We're silently waiting, Chickat, like wardens in the dark.

This thread just continues the overall perception of BfA.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    This thread just continues the overall perception of BfA.
    This post makes me sad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    We're silently waiting, Chickat, like wardens in the dark.
    I honestly think 8.2 is going to be great.

This post makes me sad.
    You know what makes me sad? BfA. I waited for Azshara and Kul'Tiras for a decade and this is what we've got out of it. Instead of what we have now I really wish Blizzard wouldn't have brought them into the game at all. Wishful thinking in a sad, sad world.

You know what makes me sad? BfA. I waited for Azshara and Kul'Tiras for a decade and this is what we've got out of it. Instead of what we have now I really wish Blizzard wouldn't have brought them into the game at all. Wishful thinking in a sad, sad world.
    i hate their stupid pirate accents, but other than that i don't really see what's all that wrong with the representation of kul tiras?

the drust bloodline in some of them making them big motherfuckers gives a reason for daelin's knights in wc3 being hulk-sized at least. i mean, i guess the tidesage shit is a little lame, but idk.

azshara worries me deeply. i feel like she's going to devolve into a rager just like every other bad guy. if she ever raises her voice, i want it to be in a spoiled, bratty, not-getting-her-way whine and cry. because that's what someone as narcissistic and power hungry as her would do when ultimately denied everything they want... also it would be cute.

up until her breaking point, she needs to be aloof and confident.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i hate their stupid pirate accents, but other than that i don't really see what's all that wrong with the representation of kul tiras?
    I said it in another thread... my gripe with all of it is that it feels completely pointless. Out of the three zones only Drustvar is memorizable and "meaningful". The pirate stuff is neat but that's it. I'm just missing some kind of epicness I expected from Kul'Tiras.

And Azshara... I did not like how they displayed her in the Warbringers episode. Besides that... we'll see. I'm not optimistic though. Writing in BfA has been so bad and such a mess that I totally expect them to f* her character/storyline up.

aszhara will be just the next lame standard copy template of a wow villain, like all the others in the last few years. they will recycle her, use her as cannon fodder, and throw her away. nothing special.

just the next useless standard villain, surounded by horrible lame story from completelly idiotic and uninspired writers at blizz hq. ofc this will all be well presented and embedded in cool marketing shit, so the typical „i come back to see whats new, sub for 1-2 months and leave again“ crowd could be milked.

as a fan of wow since a long time, i would not expect much. otherwise you will be disappointed. again.

This post makes me sad.

- - - Updated - - -

I honestly think 8.2 is going to be great.
    I hope so as well. Unfortunately... They've missed lots of marks. On lore, and many other things.

This is the discussion of speculations, not a whine thread. Why in the world did you feel yourself entitled to come there and start this discussion?

I just can't believe that 8.2 is where we'll get Naz'jatar... Makes me wonder what the hell 8.3 will bring?? What CAN it bring?

Quote Originally Posted by Ornith View Post
    This is the discussion of speculations, not a whine thread. Why in the world did you feel yourself entitled to come there and start this discussion?
    Just report them and move on. Those people haven't been happy in all the years I've seen them post, so no use expecting them to ever be.

I think Battle for Azeroth will have more patches than we can possibly imagine. I think Azshara will revert to an elf and be one of the few major villains to become a horde or alliance racial leader. She might lead the naga when their curse is broken and they transform back into their regular selves. This would be refreshing to have a once majorly powerful lore character / villain with all their experience, torment and (possibly somewhat reduced) power, now part of a faction.

I think Sylvanas will stay behind with defenders of azeroth to withstand the infestation and bombardment of the old gods and prevent them / the void from taking over azeroth as the undead can't be influenced / manipulated - while Anduin leads evacuees to K'aresh in the hopes of finding a way to cleanse the planet and return to save what is left. While on K'aresh we will discover the planet is not as bad off as the ethereals thought, as the void abandoned it after the inhabitants fled for stately. Possibly the Vulpera were one of the sentient races from K'aresh who also fled during the planet's final attack, winding up on Azeroth. We will have new playable race the Ethereals (or the K'aresh - those who were not vaporized and whose souls were not infused with arcane).

I also think we will have to sacrifice our character / class to become a dark ranger. Perhaps through her control of the old gods, she will aid in the breaking of the naga curse, and azshara and / or her naga will be free - perhaps to join a faction. We of course could have naga who choose not to defect, having the scaly serpents we see today, and the re-transformed naga to elves. Or some variation of these ideas.
    Last edited by dunkl; 2019-02-17 at 10:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except Azshara is not a High Elf...
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by dunkl View Post
    I think Battle for Azeroth will have more patches than we can possibly imagine. I think Azshara will revert to high elf and be one of the few major villains to become a horde or alliance racial leader. She might lead the naga when their curse is broken and they transform back into their regular selves. This would be refreshing to have a once majorly powerful lore character / villain with all their experience, torment and (possibly somewhat reduced) power, now part of a faction.
    azshara is the only character as evil and power hungry as gul'dan, and she's even worse than him because she's the ultimate narcissist.

there is no way she would turn good, it would be the most unbelievable thing ever. i could see n'zoth betraying her at some point or something, ripping his power from her, reverting her to a night elf. but other than looking different, her personality would remain the same.

Hell yeah if the planned content are true then world questers unite world content ftw!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I hope so as well. Unfortunately... They've missed lots of marks. On lore, and many other things.
    Ill never forgive them if they screw this up. Ive been wanting her since Cata or MoP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I just can't believe that 8.2 is where we'll get Naz'jatar... Makes me wonder what the hell 8.3 will bring?? What CAN it bring?

Just report them and move on. Those people haven't been happy in all the years I've seen them post, so no use expecting them to ever be.
    Nazjatar imo was never going to be a full continent. It also seems pretty big from the map we saw. So a large zone is decent. They are hyping up the patch a lot, so I will be happy if its even a little better than Argus at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dunkl View Post
    I think Battle for Azeroth will have more patches than we can possibly imagine. I think Azshara will revert to an elf and be one of the few major villains to become a horde or alliance racial leader. She might lead the naga when their curse is broken and they transform back into their regular selves. This would be refreshing to have a once majorly powerful lore character / villain with all their experience, torment and (possibly somewhat reduced) power, now part of a faction.

I think Sylvanas will stay behind with defenders of azeroth to withstand the infestation and bombardment of the old gods and prevent them / the void from taking over azeroth as the undead can't be influenced / manipulated - while Anduin leads evacuees to K'aresh in the hopes of finding a way to cleanse the planet and return to save what is left. While on K'aresh we will discover the planet is not as bad off as the ethereals thought, as the void abandoned it after the inhabitants fled for stately. Possibly the Vulpera were one of the sentient races from K'aresh who also fled during the planet's final attack, winding up on Azeroth. We will have new playable race the Ethereals (or the K'aresh - those who were not vaporized and whose souls were not infused with arcane).

I also think we will have to sacrifice our character / class to become a dark ranger. Perhaps through her control of the old gods, she will aid in the breaking of the naga curse, and azshara and / or her naga will be free - perhaps to join a faction. We of course could have naga who choose not to defect, having the scaly serpents we see today, and the re-transformed naga to elves. Or some variation of these ideas.
    I think all of this sounds more like next expansion adn not this one.

I truly hope we lose to Nzoth and have to flee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I really wonder if they will just remove Azerite gear altogether and just add a talent tree to the Heart of Azeroth. Or maybe just add a talent tree to the Heart of Azeroth and Azerite gear will have 2-3 rings only that will all be unlocked automatically.

- - - Updated - - -

That can only really work if Azeroth dies. If we lose to N'zoth and Azeroth is still alive, we are screwed.

But what if the Heart of Azeroth is meant to be the seed of a new Titan. Mother says that the Heart of Azeroth would only be given to use if Azeroth was certain she is dying so maybe this is its purpose; not to collect Azerite so we can heal her but to collect Azerite so she can be reborn elsewhere. We lose to N'zoth and have to flee to a different planet were we replant the Heart of Azeroth to give birth to a Titan that can fight the Void. Then we have a space exploration expansion, a new world expansion and down the road a showdown with the Void.
    How would they kill off the planet though? That could work for a WoW 2 maybe, but not a live mmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I really wonder if they will just remove Azerite gear altogether and just add a talent tree to the Heart of Azeroth. Or maybe just add a talent tree to the Heart of Azeroth and Azerite gear will have 2-3 rings only that will all be unlocked automatically.

- - - Updated - - -

That can only really work if Azeroth dies. If we lose to N'zoth and Azeroth is still alive, we are screwed.

But what if the Heart of Azeroth is meant to be the seed of a new Titan. Mother says that the Heart of Azeroth would only be given to use if Azeroth was certain she is dying so maybe this is its purpose; not to collect Azerite so we can heal her but to collect Azerite so she can be reborn elsewhere. We lose to N'zoth and have to flee to a different planet were we replant the Heart of Azeroth to give birth to a Titan that can fight the Void. Then we have a space exploration expansion, a new world expansion and down the road a showdown with the Void.
    One of the few fanfic I would love to see and play, dounubt it would happen, not impossible to be fair as we do have a multiple worlds map (dranor, draneor 2 and azeroth)but still.

8.2 pretty much needs to be either a big meaty content patch or a very short stop before 8.3, not saying this as a bfa hater, saying as someone who keeps playing regardless of 'omg worst expanc ever lolz'.

How would they kill off the planet though? That could work for a WoW 2 maybe, but not a live mmo.
    AU Draenor and Argus are not accessible to us anymore storywise and WotLK and BC zones are stuck back in the "before the Cataclysm" time. For us to still access them is a gameplay element, pretty much like the never explained time walking. So I see no difficulty in creation of a new world, where we have to move to, while Azeroth does it's last breath.
    The creation of "New Azeroth" could happen at the end of BfA, when we realize we can't save our world any more. An ongoing prepatch event for the next expansion, could introduce new world quests, that let us help with evacuation of Azeroth's citizens and relocation of important Titan Artifacts or even cities (if Dalaran can fly, when not Sormwind or Orgrimar?) to our new homeworld.
    This event should be ongoing for at least 1-2 months, to reflect such an enormous feat in relatime somehow.
    The release of the expansion itself could force us to leave Azeroth's for good. Have the ability to still access it could be either a purely gameplay element, or an "illusion", similar to the emerald dream, created by bronze drakes, that lets us relive the events of the past.
    The new expansion could introduce a new world to us, unlocking new zones and continents with every new expansion, letting us slowly conquest this new world.
    If done correctly, this could lead us to new playable races, as those small factions that relocate with us to a new world, would probably seek the help of bigger factions, like
    the Horde or Alliance, to have better chances to survive in a new world.

Sure, this would work better for "WoW 2" but I'm just saying it's possible to be introduced as an expansion.

Xalatath might be the last boss
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."