Page 20 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    The 2 swords lost most of the power frostmourne had within it to reforge the swords, unless you have the same smiths remaking the weapon it wont have the same powers, in reality they wont be any stronger than frostmourne.

Dragonflight cant even resist losing their souls to frostmourne, do you believe the player is more powerful than the strongest dragons.

Using the weapon and using a transmog of the weapon are the same thing, if you cant wield it you shouldnt get a transmog of it.
    Quite the opposite. Both blades became much more powerful.

The strongest dragon? What 'the strongest dragons'?

Then we most definitely should wield it.

Only Arthas should wield it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Quite the opposite. Both blades became much more powerful.

The strongest dragon? What 'the strongest dragons'?

Then we most definitely should wield it.
    With a bit of necromatic power, the broken shards could be reforged into a set of runeblades that have the potential to be as powerful as their predecessor, if not surpass it entirely.

The Lich King: Behold, the hilt of Frostmourne. From its broken form you will create a blade without equal! Approach and channel your power into it to create your weapon.

Nowhere does it say they are more powerful than frostmourne, your using parts from frostmourne to create a new weapon so the origional weapon no longer exists and is not compared to the blades.

Sapphiron was the strongest of the blue dragonflight and fell to frostmourne with ease. The dual blades dont even have the ability to steal souls anymore although they can damage them.

I applaud you for a one track mind in trying to rationalise anyway possible to obtain frostmourne.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2019-10-23 at 10:31 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

And so are Doomhammer and Ashbringer. It is far weaker than toothpicks. No, they are not in the grace of the Light because they don't use it for power. They have their own death magic.
    You used the reference of the Light to emphasize why Arthas was weakened. Because the Light wasn't there to protect him, if I may paraphrase. The Light doesn't protect DKs. Moving the goalpost inches is still the same as moving the goalpost. You said it, not me.

Doomhammer and Ashbringer are iconic weapons, I'll give you that much. They were not created by demons, on a demonic plane, with the sole intention of being able to control the wielder of the weapon, though. You're cherry-picking the facts that suit you from the ones the don't. The weapon had to have a fail-safe built into it because of the immense power it granted the one who used it.

Are you being obtuse on purpose, or by accident?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto is stooopid View Post
    No It diminishes the game when you see a bunch of Mythic level weapons of which there are only supposed to be one bobbing about on the backs of every other dope who wants to feel special.
    That argument doesn't work when you already have thousands of people on a server carrying the same weapons and doing the same heroic deeds.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

It is not more iconic, it is more important as in more powerful.

Warglaives hold a demon's power. Full fel onslaught of corruption.
    I dont think you get what iconic means. Iconic has nothing to do with the relative power of something. Iconic has to do with recognition. Frostmourne is one of the most recognizable weapons in the brand. Everyone who plays warcraft old and young know what frostmourne is. That's why it cant be transmogged; it would water down that recognition to meaninglessness.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to link Frostmourne in chat and people could inspect how it looked on their character. I usually got a lot of whispers

That's the item ingame: Frostmourne. It used to be yellow like the artifact weapon but now it's grey....a bummer.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is a shining example of a person not being able to let something go...
    It was posted back in August, and about 30% of the posts in it are from OP trying to argue with people who don't share his opinion.

We get it. You think Frostmourne should become a DK transmog option. Other people - most people - do not.

Learn when to take the "L" dude.

Quote Originally Posted by raz98 View Post
    I dont think you get what iconic means. Iconic has nothing to do with the relative power of something. Iconic has to do with recognition. Frostmourne is one of the most recognizable weapons in the brand. Everyone who plays warcraft old and young know what frostmourne is. That's why it cant be transmogged; it would water down that recognition to meaninglessness.
    So are Doomhammer and Ashbringer. Still pretty meaningful to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Goat View Post
    Considering it's a multiplayer game where those players would want to be able to continue doing dungeons and raids alongside their Paladin, Priest, Mage, etc. friends... I don't think your scenario is plausible within the walls of the game.

You would essentially become the Lich King, and that just doesn't fit mechanically.

Think about it like Rystelin from dragonlance, he use a mighty staff, and his transformation from red to black cloaks is highly influenced by an evil entity.

However, eventually he breaks free of it. He is still black caped, but taking that step for redemption rendered him powerless.

Said questline could be - getting frostmourne and reforging her from its 2 halves, surrendering to it to gain her power (effect), but while under its corruption being hostile to every npc,player and instance-blocked. The player can choose to accept another questline, in which he forefit the powers of frostmourne for his sanity, cleansing the blade - but weaken it greatly (to a standard weapom strengh, only moggable).

Heck, you can make it a dual purpose weapon like varians sword. Brutal attacks will be 2-h (full might of frostmourne) and some attacks will split (cosmetically, not mechanicly) the blade to two blades - symboling the struggle of the dk between his innate humanity, and the evil of the blade he resisted.

Not an easy task for sure, but that could make a nice story/arc/class fantasy for Dk (green fire locks), give 2-h to frost, and a miggable frostmourne. Frostmourne doesn't make Lk, the helm does.

You used the reference of the Light to emphasize why Arthas was weakened. Because the Light wasn't there to protect him, if I may paraphrase. The Light doesn't protect DKs. Moving the goalpost inches is still the same as moving the goalpost. You said it, not me.

Doomhammer and Ashbringer are iconic weapons, I'll give you that much. They were not created by demons, on a demonic plane, with the sole intention of being able to control the wielder of the weapon, though. You're cherry-picking the facts that suit you from the ones the don't. The weapon had to have a fail-safe built into it because of the immense power it granted the one who used it.

Are you being obtuse on purpose, or by accident?
    Yes, because that was his source of power, obviously. Dk don't use light.

No, the first one was created by the elements and the other from the heart of fallen Naaru. Frostmourne's main intention is to collect souls and gain power, not to control the user.

Quote Originally Posted by denisgsv View Post
    there is nothing i would like more ... but first we need 2h to return to frost, i mean would be really sad if they could not wield it ...
    Naw just return DK's to Wrath. Blood DPS was where it was at.

With a bit of necromatic power, the broken shards could be reforged into a set of runeblades that have the potential to be as powerful as their predecessor, if not surpass it entirely.

The Lich King: Behold, the hilt of Frostmourne. From its broken form you will create a blade without equal! Approach and channel your power into it to create your weapon.

Nowhere does it say they are more powerful than frostmourne, your using parts from frostmourne to create a new weapon so the origional weapon no longer exists and is not compared to the blades.

Sapphiron was the strongest of the blue dragonflight and fell to frostmourne with ease. The dual blades dont even have the ability to steal souls anymore although they can damage them.

I applaud you for a one track mind in trying to rationalise anyway possible to obtain frostmourne.
    But toothpicks have surpassed it.

Without equal is clear and the fact Frostmourne as shattered at that point doesn't matter. Bolvar had its remains in his view while speaking about new blade.

Sapphiron was the strongest of the blue dragonflight? No. Far, far, far from it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    This thread is a shining example of a person not being able to let something go...
    It was posted back in August, and about 30% of the posts in it are from OP trying to argue with people who don't share his opinion.

We get it. You think Frostmourne should become a DK transmog option. Other people - most people - do not.

Learn when to take the "L" dude.
    Please focus on the thread and arguments and not me.

So are Doomhammer and Ashbringer. Still pretty meaningful to me.
    Not to the same degree. Most people were introduced to the Warcraft series by Warcraft 3 wherein Arthas, and Frostmourne were big highlights of the game. That popularity and brand recognition has persisted for 15 years after the release of WoW, and by copy pasting and distributing the most iconic weapon in the game you'd be watering down the brand. Blizzard ain't gonna make that bad move.
    Doomhammer and Ashbringer < Frostmourne
    They dont even compare.

Yes, because that was his source of power, obviously. Dk don't use light.

No, the first one was created by the elements and the other from the heart of fallen Naaru. Frostmourne's main intention is to collect souls and gain power, not to control the user.
    Quote Originally Posted by WOW-Pedia
    "Both the armor and the blade were crafted by the nathrezim[4] of the Burning Legion[5] for the purpose of containing and controlling the Lich King..."
    Source: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Frostmourne

I realize that's not an infallible source, but I believe it before I believe you.

No, you literally said since Arthas was no longer protected by the Light, he was vulnerable to the effects of Frostmourne. I'm not going to argue here. You said that, and I'll be happy to quote the post where you did. By your own logic, DKs and other non-Light users would also be vulnerable to the effects of the blade because the Light (the opposing force of the LK and his magics) are not present to protect them.

Quote Originally Posted by raz98 View Post
    Not to the same degree. Most people were introduced to the Warcraft series by Warcraft 3 wherein Arthas, and Frostmourne were big highlights of the game. That popularity and brand recognition has persisted for 15 years after the release of WoW, and by copy pasting and distributing the most iconic weapon in the game you'd be watering down the brand. Blizzard ain't gonna make that bad move.
    Doomhammer and Ashbringer < Frostmourne
    They dont even compare.
    The same can be said about Doomhammer. And it doesn't really matter which one is more iconic.

- - - Updated - - -

Source: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Frostmourne

I realize that's not an infallible source, but I believe it before I believe you.

No, you literally said since Arthas was no longer protected by the Light, he was vulnerable to the effects of Frostmourne. I'm not going to argue here. You said that, and I'll be happy to quote the post where you did. By your own logic, DKs and other non-Light users would also be vulnerable to the effects of the blade because the Light (the opposing force of the LK and his magics) are not present to protect them.
    The problem with said quote is that it refers to both armor and blade.

Yes, I did. Arthas was a Paladin and he lost faith in the Light and lost connection to its power. He was nigh powerless when he picked up the sword. DK are not Light users and don't need to rely on it. Deathlords are as powerful as ever.

have used the Light as an example of power wielded specifically by Arthas, it wasn't a general statement about the Light and Frostmourne.

But toothpicks have surpassed it.

Without equal is clear and the fact Frostmourne as shattered at that point doesn't matter. Bolvar had its remains in his view while speaking about new blade.

Sapphiron was the strongest of the blue dragonflight? No. Far, far, far from it.

- - - Updated - - -
    It doesnt say anywhere that they surpassed frostmourne.

Frostmourne no longer exists at that point so your unable to compare it to the blades, but pretty much all the legion weapons boast being more powerful than any other weapon so its not fact.

Sapphiron was one of the strongest blue dragonflight and much more powerful than the player, even many dragons and sapphiron was no match for frostmourne, a high elven king wielded the fire mage artifact and still lost, the player is not more powerful than an ancient dragon and 3000 year old elven mage.

It doesnt say anywhere that they surpassed frostmourne.

Frostmourne no longer exists at that point so your unable to compare it to the blades, but pretty much all the legion weapons boast being more powerful than any other weapon so its not fact.

Sapphiron was one of the strongest blue dragonflight and much more powerful than the player, even many dragons and sapphiron was no match for frostmourne, a high elven king wielded the fire mage artifact and still lost, the player is not more powerful than an ancient dragon and 3000 year old elven mage.
    Without equal is clear.

Bolvar has witnessed it in action. He can compare it easily.

You have said he was the strongest. I disagree that he was stronger than the player. Of course that we are, have you seen DK's mount quest.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I guess you hear Frostmourne hungers... Even if you would be able to obtain it, it would be a legendary and thus non-tmog-able. Lobstmourne is real tho.
    E: DKs may be living dead but they still have a soul - frostmourne consumes souis including that of the wielder thus making it impossible to ever become player equipment setting it apart from every other cool weapon in the universe.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2019-10-23 at 11:07 PM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Without equal is clear.

Bolvar has witnessed it in action. He can compare it easily.

You have said he was the strongest. I disagree that he was stronger than the player. Of course that we are, have you seen DK's mount quest.
    xalatath for one is much more powerful than the blades so the without equal is not even comparing the weapon to any of the other legion artifacts let alone frostmourne which no longer exists.

At this point it just looks like you think that the player is the most powerful being in azeroth, even kalycgos and jaina are nothing but peasants.