Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    No problem with AH for me, a little slow but not unuseable. Though, guild bank almost takes 20 seconds pr. item to deposit... Bad when you have bank guilds.. Haha
    Takes me around 20 seconds to load a page on the AH. If you're scanning the price of one item, it takes minutes.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    So I play on a 'Full' realm, second highest population in EU, and for over a year now the AH and guild bank have been extremely slow. With the BfA release the guild bank doesn't work at all and AH is worse than ever.
    This has been my realm since I started playing in 2005 and I really don't want to transfer away(and it cost a shit ton of money), but I like gold making so it's a big issue for me.

This is a huge issue on all high pop realms:
    https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...6976922?page=1
    https://youtu.be/4eRiCbtiF6U - even worse if you're searching for items that have lots of pages, such as BfA items

So excluding the obvious things such as closing transfers to the realm and open free transfers off the realm - aswell as completely reworking how the AH works and building it up from the ground up like they've talked about - is there anything they can actually do about this problem?
    I don't know anything about making a game, coding, etc, but is there anything they can actually do "behind the scenes" so to speak?
    Blizzard has been "investigating" this issue for almost a year now with no solution. Is it even possible to find a solution other than waiting it out until the expansion-release-hype dies out and people stop playing?
    Maybe if people would stop posting 4000 pages of a single ore or herb we wouldn't have this stupid problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post
    Takes me around 20 seconds to load a page on the AH. If you're scanning the price of one item, it takes minutes.
    Normal use without addon goes fast. Addons makes it slower but you get a better view.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Normal use without addon goes fast. Addons makes it slower but you get a better view.
    No it doesn't... it goes faster (obviously) if you do not scan all pages but even without addons the AH is really really slow... unless you aren't on a high pop realm I guess..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    No it doesn't... it goes faster (obviously) if you do not scan all pages but even without addons the AH is really really slow... unless you aren't on a high pop realm I guess..
    I am on a high pop, and right now, auction house without using the addon and its scan function, goes faster for me. Still slow but faster than using the addon.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I have an alt on Draenor and Kazzak. The AH loading time is indeed shit. It's a pain to do anything

They could also just make it so you can't put any trade goods on the AH in less than a stack... everyone dislikes all those people posting a billion x 1 anyway.. it adds a lot more queries to the database both in posting as buying.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea, no.. they know very well the outcry would be huge, they wouldn't do this.
    vs the out cry now? give a few days notice that in order to trouble shoot AH problems we will temp. disable the ability for addons to work with the AH.. imo people that QQ can pound sand if it helps them identify and fix the issue. Again they have the network data though and guessing they can tell more than any one here.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I am on a high pop, and right now, auction house without using the addon and its scan function, goes faster for me. Still slow but faster than using the addon.
    My words literally were:

"No it doesn't... it goes faster (obviously) if you do not scan all pages but even without addons the AH is really really slow... unless you aren't on a high pop realm I guess.."

And all you did was confirm the exact same..

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    So I play on a 'Full' realm, second highest population in EU, and for over a year now the AH and guild bank have been extremely slow. With the BfA release the guild bank doesn't work at all and AH is worse than ever.
    This has been my realm since I started playing in 2005 and I really don't want to transfer away(and it cost a shit ton of money), but I like gold making so it's a big issue for me.

This is a huge issue on all high pop realms:
    https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...6976922?page=1
    https://youtu.be/4eRiCbtiF6U - even worse if you're searching for items that have lots of pages, such as BfA items

So excluding the obvious things such as closing transfers to the realm and open free transfers off the realm - aswell as completely reworking how the AH works and building it up from the ground up like they've talked about - is there anything they can actually do about this problem?
    I don't know anything about making a game, coding, etc, but is there anything they can actually do "behind the scenes" so to speak?
    Blizzard has been "investigating" this issue for almost a year now with no solution. Is it even possible to find a solution other than waiting it out until the expansion-release-hype dies out and people stop playing?
    They would probably Need to Remake the AH and put restrictions on it.

The problem isn't directly just being on a full pop server... but a big Problem is that many People don't just post stacks of items, but instead create THOUSANDS of 1-item auctions.

10+ Year Old Account
    High pop realm US:

AH is fine with no addons

Guild bank is a NIGHTMARE. 10:30am PDT- it was taking, no joke, 30+ seconds to move an item. That is insane.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

I love searching resources and seeing about 15 pages of 1 listings, all of them undercutting each other by a silver... my favorite time of the day

The AH needs to be rebuilt from the ground up to be modernized, Its using an archaic design. That's why people post x1's. That's why mods exist.

I go to my garrison and the bank seems to be much faster there. I could be wrong or just seeing what I want to see. With how close everthing is there and since I have an AH bot there that is where I normally go anyways. The bank in the new city seems slow a molasses, but at least it is in a shitty spot!
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The root of the AH lag problem is the removal of the mobile/remote AH, I used to sell all my loot via Armory app. Now it forces everyone to stand in the same place in-game causing the lag, especially on high pop servers.

Stop saying retarded shit, TSM and other addons have nothing to do with it, it's the people posting thousands of individual items that's causing the problems.

If blizzard break AH addons, might as well take all other addons with it. Most other MMOs out there work fine without them anyway.

Auctioneer and Auctionator are worse than TSM, but sure blame TSM, the one that no longer does large scale scans of the AH.

Btw, to whoever mentioned something about turning off the API, they have, for weeks at a time, doesn't really change much, external API scans aren't really going to affect the service much cause they only need to run once every so often for thousands of people to use them. Auctioneer and Auctionator still (mostly) rely on old school AH scans, those are run individually.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    They should :
    1- Disable all AH-related addons.
    2- Forbid one-at-a-time selling. Only give the possibility to sell the actual packs you have in your bags. Want to sell 20 times one flower ? You have to split your flowers in your bags first.
    Ooooooor maybe instead... fix the utterly antiquated feature that is pretty much unusable without an addon? But I suppose adding more allied races and making more awesome worldquests is higher on the priority list than fixing outdated shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    My words literally were:

"No it doesn't... it goes faster (obviously) if you do not scan all pages but even without addons the AH is really really slow... unless you aren't on a high pop realm I guess.."

And all you did was confirm the exact same..
    and my answer was; even without the scan. If I turn of the addon, I get faster results than if it is on and I used the addon's tabs. Of course, tons of pages to go through, so time in itself that is saved is wasted if you are really heavily bound into the trades.