Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Anduin's replacement

So it was clear during the events in game thus far that Anduin has failed repeatedly as a leader. His inability to protect the civilians of the Alliance only illuminates the depths of his ineptitude. If it weren't for supergirl and the ghost pirates he would have been completely annihilated during the battle for Lordaeron. Even with the amazing power of the supefriends he was unable to secure victory here. His ability of foresight and strategy is the absolute personification that of a radish.

It is obvious that he will be the first boss during the new Siege of Stormwind raid.

So who should replace this failed leader?

My vote goes to Bolvar the Lava Lich.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Well, he cleared house of the zombie trash. Not his fault that Sylvie's a sore loser and had to stink up the place after cheesing it with her fart jets.

Deleted
    Useless Alliance leaders walking into a trap, if it wasn't for deus ex Jaina they'd all be dead. Manduin needs replacing with someone competent and less whiny.

Mimicking a reply I made in a similar thread:

Horde players:
    Someone who recognizes us as noble savages ala WC3.

Teen edgelords:
    Someone who understands there can only be slaughter! Death, pain, blood, cutting myself... yes, I cleaned my room, Mom!

Sylvanus fans:
    Why isn't this thread about our waifu?

Alliance players:
    Oh I don't know, any of the people who've been completely ignored for the last five Humans and Pals expansions? Or if it has to be a human, maybe the guy whose return has been anticipated since WC2 (although as badly as they botched that, I see why they're hoping we ignore Turalyon).
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by metzger84 View Post
    Well, he cleared house of the zombie trash. Not his fault that Sylvie's a sore loser and had to stink up the place after cheesing it with her fart jets.
    If you mean 'walked directly into a trap' then I agree 100%. The cost of lives for defending is substantially less then that paid by a siege force.

Additionally, the Undercity has no strategic value in the coming war. The horde leadership attacks a key port and in response the Alliance attacks a city with no strategic value and fails. This trap was laid to get the Alliance to spend its resources on a low value target while blinded by vengeance.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Deleted
    High Exarch Turalyon. He was the one who rallied the Council of Seven Nations to form the Alliance of Lordaeron, and thus he is the founding father of the modern Grand Alliance too. He is a war veteran from the Second War, and was the pupil of Sir Anduin Lothar himself. Upon Lothar's heroic sacrifice, He became the Supreme Commander (= High King, as per the writers) of the Alliance. Turalyon was already the High King at one point in his life. He knows how to lead Allied armies into battle, he knows how to rally them, and he knows not to underestimate the Orcish Horde. He is also the one who orchestrated the final victory of the Alliance in the Second War and the Invasion of Draenor.

What's more, Turalyon is a war veteran from the terrible Burning Crusade. You see, when Draenor was torn asunder by Ner'zhul's madness, Turalyon and Alleria were led astray, and stumbled upon the Grand Army of the Light, led by the divine Prime Naaru, Xe'ra. Xe'ra found Turalyon worthy of becoming an eternal protector of the beautiful creation, and so infused him with the sacred fire of the Holy Light. Through this ultimate blessing, Turalyon broke the boundaries of mortality, and ascended to immortality.

Turalyon quickly rose through the ranks of the Golden Army, and became its High Exarch, answering only to Xe'ra herself. He then proceeded to lead the Army of the Light in a crucial war that lasted for a thousand years. A great struggle for everyone. A desperate guerrilla warfare, in full Legion space, surrounded by enemies, and pit against the likes of Archimonde, Kil'jaeden and Sargeras himself. Turalyon still managed to survive, and to protect his Golden Army from annihilation, against all odds. Who, more than him, is qualified to ensure the Alliance's survival in these dire times? Who, more than him, understands the horrors of war, and knows not to underestimate their enemy?

If High Exarch Yrel, of the Lightbound, joins the Alliance one day, I will vote for her as High Queen of the Alliance. But for now, my loyalty is not with some spoiled boy king, but with the only man who truly knows how to win a war for survival. Turalyon is ten times the leader, and paladin, that Wrynn will ever be.
    Last edited by mmoc724fed31b9; 2018-08-09 at 11:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Genn with his old character from Warcraft II should rule Stormwind and Gilneas until the day Anduin will grow a brain. But only these two kingdoms, he should have no power over other races. I despise the idea of High King.
    Turalyon should become the supreme commander of the Alliance's human armies and train Anduin how to command an army and in military tactics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by High Exarch Yrel View Post
    High Exarch Turalyon. He was the one who rallied the Council of Seven Nations to form the Alliance of Lordaeron, and thus he is the founding father of the modern Grand Alliance too. He is a war veteran from the Second War, and was the pupil of Sir Anduin Lothar himself. Upon Lothar's heroic sacrifice, He became the Supreme Commander (= High King, as per the writers) of the Alliance. Turalyon was already the High King at one point in his life. He knows how to lead Allied armies into battle, he knows how to rally them, and he knows not to underestimate the Orcish Horde. He is also the one who orchestrated the final victory of the Alliance in the Second War and the Invasion of Draenor.

What's more, Turalyon is a war veteran from the terrible Burning Crusade. You see, when Draenor was torn asunder by Ner'zhul's madness, Turalyon and Alleria were led astray, and stumbled upon the Grand Army of the Light, led by the divine Prime Naaru, Xe'ra. Xe'ra found Turalyon worthy of becoming an eternal protector of the beautiful creation, and so infused him with the sacred fire of the Holy Light. Through this ultimate blessing, Turalyon broke the boundaries of mortality, and ascended to immortality.

Turalyon quickly rose through the ranks of the Golden Army, and became its High Exarch, answering only to Xe'ra herself. He then proceeded to lead the Army of the Light in a crucial war that lasted for a thousand years. A great struggle for everyone. A desperate guerrilla warfare, in full Legion space, surrounded by enemies, and pit against the likes of Archimonde, Kil'jaeden and Sargeras himself. Turalyon still managed to survive, and to protect his Golden Army from annihilation, against all odds. Who, more than him, is qualified to ensure the Alliance's survival in these dire times? Who, more than him, understands the horrors of war, and knows not to underestimate their enemy?

If High Exarch Yrel, of the Lightbound, joins the Alliance one day, I will vote for her as High Queen of the Alliance. But for now, my loyalty is not with some spoiled boy king, but with the only man who truly knows how to win a war for survival. Turalyon is ten times the leader, and paladin, that Wrynn will ever be.
    While I mainly play Horde, I would see an improvement with that leader on Alliance side. Could make things more interesting. I also like Anduin more as a dreamy and naive philosopher-priest who is trying to prevent wars, then this boy king version who has to wage wars and fails.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, he is going to get hooked up in BfA with a capable wife who will set his pansy ass straight - at least there will be one man in the family and it won't be Anduin.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Anduin should be replaced by more experienced and jaded Anduin heheheh. Otherwise, let the Allaince cast a vote of no confidence in his temporary/honorary/acting position of High King and pass it to Taelia Fordragon through Calia's matrilineal claim to Lordaeron after they rebuild Capital City; then Anduin can go be Pope or something like he always wanted to be.

I know nothing about Taelia but I would love to see the seat of Alliance power returned to Lordaeron. War of the Roses style, bring Edward V home from exile. Let's see Daenerys Targaryen on the Iron Throne.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

Turalyon is clearly a better choice

Both leaders pale in comparison to their fellow faction allies/enemy leaders. Sylvanas would've lost to Malfurion if not for Saurfang intervening. And Anduin being a fresh combatant on the field of Battle of Lordaeron, was easily knocked out the way by (once again) Saurfang during the BfA cinematic. If a powerful druid like Malfurion can best Sylvanas, and a powerful warrior like Saurfang can topple Anduin, then both leaders aren't as powerful as we make them out to be. On the other hand, they're strong in their own way. Anduin basically is a priest first and everything else second. Same for Sylvanas being a dark ranger.

So no there wouldn't be a replacement for Anduin just cause others carry his slack.

Anduin4lyfe. Fuck the haters.

Deleted
    Thank God us Horde have a very capable leader in the form of Sylvanas Windrunner, just a shame blizzard is making her look evil because of the plot demands it.

I'll see all you alliance players ask for forgiveness when Sylvanas, and Sylvanas only will save Azeroth from the Void.

She doesnt deserve all these hate posts circulating right now, its not her fault Teldrassil is lit on fire, if you wanna blame anyone then let it be Saurfang.

Quote Originally Posted by HavokHeart View Post
    His ability of foresight and strategy is the absolute personification that of a radish.
    Arguing stuff like lore on public forums hurts my soul but omg I couldn't stop laughing at this quote. You are my rock.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

That's nice spin, but the reality is apparently that the Alliance never had a strategy for her using Blight, and apparently it never even occurred to her she might. Despite Southshore AND Gilneas both being huge emotional triggers for Alliance NPCs and players alike. Anduin considered the entire siege a failure immediately after she deployed it outside the walls. Other than Jaina ex machina it ends right there. But even at that, it never occurred to them that Sylvanas would deny them any prize out of spite.

Right after burning Teldrassil, her plans were... this. That UC would probably be indefensible, but she could get the Alliance to waste a lot of troops and resources trying to claim it before she denied it to them anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    Turalyon is clearly a better choice
    How? He's not even the best choice in his own marriage. He was wrong about everything on Argus. And the lasting memory of him from Legion is his futile attempt to avenge Xe'ra getting dismissed, with one bare hand, by Illidan.

I think it should be literally any other racial leader other than a human for once. I understand the game is based in humans vs orcs conflict but can we move on from that once in awhile, it's getting old.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    That's nice spin, but the reality is apparently that the Alliance never had a strategy for her using Blight, and apparently it never even occurred to her she might.
    The reality is that he and everyone else in the Alliance leadership involved is a victim of bad writing, which made them look like a bouquet of complete imbeciles.

Either that, or they really are THAT stupid.
    /shrug

Jaina tbh

there will be nothing left of Azeroth

The reality is that he and everyone else in the Alliance leadership involved is a victim of bad writing, which made them look like a bouquet of complete imbeciles.

Either that, or they really are THAT stupid.
    /shrug
    You are what the writers make you. In the walls of the story, they just completely blew this. It's especially silly since in [i}A Good War[/i] we see Sylvanas and Saurfang planning the assault on Teldrassil, they were keenly aware of the biggest threats to their plans (Tyrande and Mr. Tyrande) and trying to plan around it at every turn. But when it comes time for the Alliance to attack Sylvanas' personal stronghold, it apparently just never came up that she might use her most dangerous weapon again that she's been willing to use before.