Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Those restaurants are usually shitty because of the kids. I love kids and get along with them, but I would love a child-free restaurant as well.
    Whats more likely to have screaming kids,

an all you can eat buffet/mcdonalds?

Or a $100 steak house?

I don't care much because I don't go out much to restaurants either but it seems like the best solution from a business perspective would be to have a family section of the restaurant and an adult only section if the restaurant has the room for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyWayneRuddick View Post

an all you can eat buffet or mcdonalds.

Or a $100 steak house?
    I'll give you this. The lower the quality, the more likely. But your examples are missing the entire middle range of places to eat. Which are also the places where most families go to sit down and eat.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

I'm fine with this. There are some dining experiences where children don't really have a place.

But in general, I'm okay with kids at a restaurant so long as the parents actually, you know, parent. If the kid acts up, get em the fuck out. Don't figure they'll tire themselves out and ruin the experience for everyone else. Parent the child.

an all you can eat buffet/mcdonalds?

Or a $100 steak house?
    Not sure why you would ask which one would have kids when we're talking about banning kids. The buffet would be pretty nice without kids, but good luck banning kids from McDonalds. Also, there's an occasional kid at this supposed steak house, $100 is more than affordable, so not sure where you were going with that. Maybe you meant Fancy McShmancy $500 meal specials? The more expensive the restaurant, the more dead inside the patrons are, so of course you wouldn't see kids there.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Also, the people saying they’ve had their meal “ruined” by kids are being overly dramatic. I’ve worked in restaurants for 19 years now and can maybe count 5 times in which kids were truly out of control and annoying other guests. Get over yourselves.
    Depends on your standards, I guess. Screaming and running around uncontrollably does annoy other guests. They don't have to throw other people's plates to the ground to annoy them. You must either have worked at a really classy restaurants, or just haven't worked as a waiter/manager if you haven't experienced berserk kids ruining the day for everyone involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we kick out "adults" who behave like children too?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Can we kick out "adults" who behave like children too?
    Yes please, especially "adults" that think because someone is working in a uniform that means they are allowed to treat them like shit because they "Represent the business"

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes please, especially "adults" that think because someone is working in a uniform that means they are allowed to treat them like shit because they "Represent the business"
    This I absolutely agree with. As someone who spent 7 years in the business, I have no tolerance for guests who think they can verbally abuse the staff.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    Don't see the problem. Some restaurants have a dress code, you don't walk into a high end classy restaurant in shorts and a wife-beater, right?
    Hell no. If you are going upmarket you gotta include the socks and flip flops.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    can this be the norm honestly i have 0 issue with kids in resturants but the parents who can control their kids are the problems
    Ban parents then... they are the actual problem.

Fine by me, I usually don't take my kids out to restaurants anyway.

I don't like to attract attention while out in public, kids make that a next to impossible endeavor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Hell no. If you are going upmarket you gotta include the socks and flip flops.
    You're totally right, I forgot! Wife-beater, frayed short-shorts, socks/sandals. Winning combo!
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I don't mind vegans. They are an easy win for a restaurant money wise.

They can ask for the meat to be taken out, but they are still paying full price for the meal. So less cost to the restaurant in the end.
    it's not just meat though, "was this cooked with butter?" "does this have milk in it?" "can you assure me there wasn't ANY cross contamination with other food?"

/pterodactyl scream

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I shouldn't have to go to a strip club to go somewhere without children.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    This I absolutely agree with. As someone who spent 7 years in the business, I have no tolerance for guests who think they can verbally abuse the staff.
    yeah they dont see you as human, its really weird. Suddenly a uniform somehow transforms you into just a corporate entity devoid of feelings and your only purpose for existing is to take their hard earned money in their eyes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    it's not just meat though, "was this cooked with butter?" "does this have milk in it?" "can you assure me there wasn't ANY cross contamination with other food?"

/pterodactyl scream
    Most experienced kitchens handle cross contamination pretty well. So this isnt a big deal and is done anyway even if vegans didnt exist

This has been done a few times and every time it happens, people act like it's never been done.

Most experienced kitchens handle cross contamination pretty well. So this isnt a big deal and is done anyway even if vegans didnt exist
    when it comes to food storage that's a no brainier, when it comes to cooking the food in the tiny kitchen we have... not so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone that has waited tables before I'd ban adults before I banned children